What They Don't See by mltaylor1985
Summary: Marie's thougts on Logan.
Categories: X3, X1, X2 Characters: None
Genres: General
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 665 Read: 1557 Published: 11/17/2009 Updated: 11/17/2009

1. Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985

Chapter 1 by mltaylor1985
Author's Notes:
This popped into my head the other night. I have to admit I was very tired when I wrote this up. My sister has read it though and has said she likes it. So I decided to post it.
What They Don’t See

I have never understood how he could stand being cooped up for hours on end. Normally, the Wolverine in him didn’t like confined spaces. Yet when he was driving, it was completely different. He could go days without really stopping. Sure there were bathroom breaks, meals to be eaten, and an empty tank to fill. But he never needed to stop and just take a walk to look around.
He had learned early on though that I am pretty crabby if I don’t get extended breaks on the road. Just to be stationary for 30 minutes. It confused him at first. He didn’t know why I wanted to stop and walk around a town I could care less about. Then he began to stop without my asking, or rather threatening bodily harm if he didn’t pull the truck over and I mean, NOW!
I guess, for him, it is knowing the farther he goes, the farther he gets from everybody and everything: the pressures of missions, the glares and gossip from students, and the constant need to be on alert. After I finished school, he started taking me with him on his road trips. I thought I had known him just from the times he had been in my head. Now I really know him. Mundane things like how he knows every word to every song by Johnny Cash. The way he sniffed every single bite of food before he eats it. Almost as if he believes in the time it took to eat the last bite, someone had somehow poisoned his food.
The thing that really surprised me though is that deep down, he really is a gentleman. I guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised at that. He always opens the door for me and things like that. However, he actually once helped an elderly lady cross a street one day. A deserted street. He gets antsy when I mention his little quirks. It is almost endearing to see him squirm in his chair trying to avoid the “stare”.
Most people at the mansion would be surprised at the side of Logan I get to see. The gentle, kind-hearted, amusing man. I guess it’s wrong for me to be secretly glad that they never will get the chance.
Logan is everything to me. Best friend, confidant lover, and protector. I have to admit I would probably be jealous and a little territorial if anyone tried to get close to him. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want to shut him away and keep everyone away. In fact, I wish he had more friends. Just not our kind of friendship. Not that I really have anything to fear. Logan has only made two promises for as long as he can remember. Both of them to me.
The first, on the train when he promised to protect me. The second, the first time we kissed. He promised to love me until he dies. This, in my opinion, is far better than saying forever.
People, mostly Jubilee, Kitty, and Scott, have asked me why we haven’t gotten married yet. I don’t need a piece of paper to tell me I am Logan’s mate. His wife. His promise to me sealed our relationship deeper than any ceremony or ring ever could. We’ve both proven to everyone, and each other, just how much we love one another. He is willing to dies for me if it means I will live. I am willing to sacrifice myself to protect him against anything.
“Hey Kid, you getting out or not?”
Another thing no one understands is why he calls me Kid. He doesn’t mean it like that. At least not anymore. Now it is an inside joke just between us. A term of affection as touching to me as darling or sugar.
It’s these things that they will never see.
End Notes:
Please read and review....
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3571