Home Again by darkinnocent
Summary: My take on what could have occured on Alcatraz if Rogue tagged along.
Categories: X3, AU Characters: None
Genres: Action, Drabble
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 272 Read: 2033 Published: 01/08/2007 Updated: 01/08/2007

1. Home Again by darkinnocent

Home Again by darkinnocent
Author's Notes:
A/N: Like most Rogue and X-Men fans out there, I hated how X3 ended. So I drafted a bunch of different ways things could have changed in the end. However, I didn't want to drag on too long with the story, rather give the reader a small glimpse of what could have occured.

None of them were quite sure what was happening until it was over. One second Wolverine was approaching Phoenix as best as he could, the next she was on her knees with Rogue behind her. The scream that came out of Rogue’s mouth was the most unnatural and pained sound that any of them had ever heard, the sound of a tortured animal dying. It was obvious that Phoenix was fighting against her, even as Rogue’s skin grew veiny and her eyes went black.


Wolverine ran for the two people he had come to care for most in the world, but it was done before he could reach them. Rogue had pulled away, collapsing to Phoenix’s side. Before the red head could regain her power, Rogue grabbed one of the needles beside her on the ground and stabbed it into Jean’s neck.


Rogue grit her teeth against the power surging inside of her, feeling it threatening to overcome her. Her whole body felt like it was about to explode. She wasn’t built to contain such power. She began to shake violently, but before she could think twice about what she was doing, she took a handful of the needles on the ground and stabbed them into her chest.


Another scream ripped from her mouth as she fell backwards, her body flopping around like a fish deprived of water. Finally, finally she was still.


When her eyes opened, they were hovering over her. She heard them call her name, felt Bobby touch her shoulder hesitantly. But it was Logan who cupped her cheek and said,


“Welcome back.”

.end.

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=356