Rogue's Inner Fire by inugoddesschild
Summary: With Jean dead and Scott on the mend, all seem to be back to normal. But now with her death, Rogue soon finds herself at a crossroads at where she now stands with her powers. With them back and her life takeing one turn after another, she finds that only the Wolverine can sooth her tears and pain.
Categories: X1, X2, X3, X-Men Origins Wolverine Characters: None
Genres: Action
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 24073 Read: 70933 Published: 11/02/2009 Updated: 12/23/2009
Story Notes:
*Note*
-This is set after the third movie, but I altered some of the events. In this story, you will find Xavier and Cyclops alive. Wolverive did have to kill Jean, but in her wake they were brought back to life. Also I kind of made Jean have a slight split personality. Yes she is dead, but there are small events that happened before her death and now Rogue is left to pick up all the pieces. Sorry if you don't like, but I thought it be fair to tell you what you are getting yourself into.-

1. Chapter 1 by inugoddesschild

2. Chapter 2 by inugoddesschild

3. Chapter 3 by inugoddesschild

4. Chapter 4 by inugoddesschild

5. Chapter 5 by inugoddesschild

6. Chapter 6 by inugoddesschild

7. Chapter 7 by inugoddesschild

8. Chapter 8 by inugoddesschild

9. Chapter 9 by inugoddesschild

10. Chapter 10 by inugoddesschild

11. Chapter 11 by inugoddesschild

Chapter 1 by inugoddesschild
Slowly making her way out of bed and to the door, she cracked it open. Peeking outside and meeting silence, a smile stretched across her face. Easing out into the hall, she stuck to the wall in the shadows.

Just as she decended the steps and turned the corner, she came to an uprupt stop.

"Bobby!" Her southeren drawl sounded, in the large living room.

Gasping and pushing Kitty away, he frowned. "I uh...I can explain. I just..."

"Fell and your lips landed on her's?" Rogue helled.

"Shh! You don't want to wake-up..."

"Ah don't give a damn, about waking ev'body up! You were in here kissing her and your with me?"

Easing off the sofa and standing, Kitty made move to leave.

Stepping before the entrence, she narrowed her eyes. "And where are you going?"

"Look, Rogue I'm sorry you had to find out like this, but this is between you and Bobby. I'm not..."

"The way ah see it, you caused this. And you ain't going nowhere."

Before anyone could say another word, the lights came one. Turning, all were greeted with three sets of eyes.

"What's all the ruckus?" Logan's gruff voice rang, as he held a beer in hand.

"Yes, please explain why you are all up at this late hour." Charles calmly stated, stiffling a yarn.

"I uh..." Pausing, Bobby looked between the two girls. "We were just uh..."

Plak!

Blinking and allowing tears to fall, Rogue started to visbly shake. "Ya' an ass whole, Bobby. How could you just...just do that with her, when ah gave you ma...Why?" She demanded, ignoring the three others watching.

Rubbing his now red cheek, he sighed. "Ya' not the same and...I just... I don't know. I'm sorry, if that helps."

"Sorry? Is that all you can say?" Kitty added.

Pivoting on the balls of her feet Rogue narrowed her eyes. "Ya' ain't innocent either. Your cheating with ma boyfriend!"

Tensing her shoulders up and turning pale, she frowned. "I never wanted to..."

"Girls please." Storm's soft voice sounded. "This is not the time to..."

"I slept with him." Kitty muttered.

All went silent.

Balling a fist, Rogue lunged for her.

"Ah shit!" Logan cursed, dropping his beer and reaching for the two, as Storm moved to follow.

Easily gathering a struggling Rogue in his arms and restraining her, he eyed the other female with a busted lip. Sighing as Storm helped her to her feet, his angered dark eyes landed on the motionless boy. "What the hell is..." Pausing to look down where his hand laid innocently upon her wrist, he gasped.

Feeling that all too familiar pull, Rogue pushed herself out of his arms and fell to her hands and knees panting.

Thump!!!

Wheeling himself over, Charles touched the now unconcious man's temple. Eyes going wide, he could only gap at female on the ground. "Your...your powers...they have returned."

Raising her hand and staring at it as if it was an alien, she shook her head. "No...I...it can't. I took the cure and..." Falling silent, she stared at the man that sworn to protect her laying deathly still.

"Ororo, help me see to Logan." Sighing, he looked to the other two teens. "Go and gather Hank from his room, Kitty."

Nodding she was off.

"Any...Anything you want me to..."

"No, Bobby. You have done enough. Go to your room." He ordered, as he neared Rogue's shaken form. Placing a hand on her head, she jerked back. "Shh. Everything will be fine, just give us time to see to Logan then we can run some test and..."

"Will ah ev' be able to touch again, proffessor?" Her raw and scratchy voice sounded.

Closing his eyes, he said the one thing that brought new tears to her frightened face.

"I...I am not sure, Rogue."
*******************************
Thank you all for reading.
Chapter 2 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 2~

Groaning and blinking, he laid eyes on a mass of blue.

"I see that you're awake." Hank voiced, walking over with a clip board in hand.

Smirking and sitting up Logan raked a hand through his usually messy hair. "I'm the Wolverine, bub. Nothing can keep me down, fuzz ball."

"But apparently Rogue and her power can."

Eyes widdening as all what happened resurfaced in his minds eye, he gasped. "Where is..."

"She just left...I know that you want to go and seek her out my friend, but she needs time to herself. For what she was born with is a part of her, that proves to not want to leave her."

Sighing, he nodded. "Where's the other two kids?"

"You mean Kitty and Bobby?"

"Yeah."

"After all that happened, Kitty had an emotional melt down and Storm is with her. As for Bobby, the proffessor still has him in his office." Turning and grabbing the clothes stacked in a chair, Hank handed them over. "Here...Rogue brought these in for you." Once more turning, he made move for the door.

Once he was alone, Logan stared at his hand that was now a light shade if red. "Oh Marie...what have you gotten yourself into now?"
**********************************

Turning and climbing the steps, Rogue quickly went to her room. Closing the door behind her and moving towards her dresser, she gathered a pair of black jeans, a matching low cut long sleeve bell shirt and matching gloves.

Dressing in record time and slipping on her boots, she headed for the proffessor's office.

On her way, she soon found herself the center of all attention and whispers once more. Scruntching up her shoulders and lowering her head so her hair covered her eyes, she missed the body coming her way.

Omff!!!

Feeling a hand reach out to steady her, she tensed and jerked her head up.

"...Scott..."

Forcing a smile, he slowly released her. "Easy there, Rogue. Don't want to have no accidents, now do we?"

Shaking her head, she looked away.

"Hey, don't feel bad about your powers coming back." He voiced, as he took up beside her, as she continued on her way. "They are a part of you and..."

"Ah hate 'em." She coldly spat. "They are n'thing but trouble. Ah can't even touch or enjoy life na' that they back."

He sighed. "I know that it's hard to accept them again, but..."

"Ah neva did."

"...later on, you will see that they did for a reason." He pressed, ignoring her comment. Coming to an oak door, he gave her shoulder a squeeze and walked off.

Groaning and raising her hand to knock, she found the proffessor in her head. Opening the door and freezing at the others, she tensed up.

Walking over from her position on the desk, Storm gave a warm smile. "Please, come take a seat. No one is here to redicule you."

Nodding, she allowed herself to be ushered into the chair, as Beast closed the door.

Clearing his throat, Charles gained her attention.

"I know that you are scared and frightened about your powers coming back, but we are all here to help." He began.

"The few tests that you allowed me to do during your stay in the sick wing visiting Logan, revealed a few findings." Hank stated, taking over the convensation. "Your mutation was at a weak level when you first cam here, all the way up until you took the cure. As you know from earlier this morning, it has become a great deal stronger. In fact, it leaves a scar now in place of where your skin comes in contact with another. It also..."

"Ah uh...ah was effected too." Her southeren bell accent sounded.

"How? "

Taking her glove off and raising her right hand, she balled a fist.

Shkkk!!!

Charles swallowed the lump in his throat, as he came around his desk towards her. "Those are...are..."

"Miniture claws." Logan stated, walking over and running his hand over them. "They are sharp yet dull, but made out of bone and..."

"You had such before Striker gave you antamantium ones?" Hank questioned.

He nodded. "I don't remember anything of my past, but I do know that..."

"Sabortooth was your brother." Rogue added, coming to her feet.

His eyes narrowed. "No he..."

"He was...ah can..." Closing her eyes, memories flashed in her head. "You didn't know until your father killed the man that...that raised you. Then you...you and Sabortooth fought along each other in wars and... and..." Gasping and stepping back, she started to visibly shake. Looking directly at the proffessor, she summoned the claws back and hugged herself. "How am ah recalling his memories that 'he' don't even remember?"

Frowning, Charles, glanced towards Beast. "Is it possible that Rogue can go deeper into the human psyche, than even myself?"

"Possibly...but the cure must have not only advanced the strength of the energy pull, but that of the mind."

He sighed. "I do not know, Rogue, but if what Hank says is true, then..."

"Why can't I remember my past?" Logan demanded.

Jumping, Rogue moved to answer, but Storm stepped in.

"Please. This is not the time to search for your answers. She may have insight into what occured, but we must first access what is happening to her. Please be patient."

Growling, he stormed out of the office.

Seeing the distress shadowing her face, Charles sighed. "Why don't we continue this tonight after dinner?"

Giving a small smile, she nodded. "Thanks proffessor." Turning, she followed the angered Wolverine.

Hearing her footsteps become farer and farer away, Beast dropped down into her vacant chair. "If this continues, she must learn control over her mutation. She may have been a risk before, but now she is a series danger to all."

Storm nodded. "I must agree with Hank, Charles. Rogue's power is more stronger and can kill alot more quicker, if it only took seconds to knock Logan unconcious. And thats not mentioning her ability to see what may be hidden in one's mind."

"I know you both are concerned and so am I. But in order to find a way to aid her in controling her gift, we must first understand it... But how was it triggered? It laid dorment up until this morning and..."

"She was angered and her powers felt this. They allowed the cure to push them back, but with the anger and the violent attitude that she was in, they felt a need to aid her." Beast answered. "We know of mutants that come across their gift when they are in danger, so why don't her skin do the same to protect her?"

"But when she first came into her power, she was kissing a young boy." Storm added. "She was in no danger then?"

"Yet it was her first kiss and she was nervous and 'scared' about what he would think. It may not be the same form of scared, but in a way she was giving off the same vibe."

Watching as the two continued to bicker back and forth, Charles became lost in his own thoughts.
************************************

Entering the kitchen and moving for the fridge, all the teens hurried out of his way. Grabbing three beers he made for the patio out back. Breathing in the fresh air, he cracked open a beer and took a nice long swallow.

"Trying to drawn yo'self, there?"

Glimpsing red sun glasses out the corner of his eyes, Logan growled under his breath. "What ya' want, four eyes?"

"Nothing." Scott calmly replied, taking one of his beers and opening it. "Does this have anything to do with Rogue?" He asked, motioning to the other beer he was now starting on.

He shrugged. "What's it to ya' bub?"

"Just asking...Because I know she's hurting and needs someone to talk to, but no one will go to her."

Gulping down his beer, he eyed him. "You going to keep beating around the bush or are you gonna get to the point, of ya' little pep talk?"

Scott sighed. "I know that the proffessor and Beast told you to give her time, but she's starting to with draw in her self. She needs someone to be her crutch."

"And you can't be that, because..."

"She wants you, Logan."

"And what gave you that..."

"Your always there when she needs someone or she goes to for advice. Ever since you both arrived here, your the only one that she feels that she can be herself around. Go to her."

"If the kid wants me, then she can come to me."

He shook his head. "Didn't what I just told you say anything?...Rogue wont come to you, because you are the one that she hurt. She feels guilty and doesn't want to hurt you any more than she already has. She would do anything you tell her, just so you wont hate her or lose your friendship."

Seeing her sad face in the proffessor's office, he closed his eyes. "She said that she can see my memories."

"Thats nothing new and..."

"The ones that I don't even recall." He voiced.

Closing his mouth and looking down at the students in the yard playing or just relaxing with their friends, he smirked. "She wanted to tell you all that happened?"

"Yeah, but Ororo stepped in and said that she needed time to herself."

"Well, she's right...but it's Rogue who you have to talk to. Just be there for her and she'll tell you when you're ready."

Opening his eyes and moving to reply, the scene down in the yard caught his eye.
***********************************

Sitting alone on the fountain's edge, she stared down at the fish playing in the water.

"Rogue?"

Tensing and coming to her feet, she found Bobby giving her a small smile. "What do you want?"

"I just uh...I wanted to see how you were doing?"

"You mean after ya' cheated on me with ma best friend?" She angerly voiced.

Paling, he nodded. "I'm sorry, Rogue. Truely I am. I just..."

"You don't have n'thing to say to me. You cheated on me and thats it. We're done."

Bobby gasped. "Come on, Rogue. I love you and..."

"If ya' loved me, ya' woundn't have cheated and slept with Kitty."

Taking a step towards her, he moved to grab her gloved hand. "I still want to be with you and..."

Pulling her appendage free of his hold, she folded her arms. "We're done Bobby. Ah don't want n'thing to do with you."

Narrowing his eyes, he frowned. "This has to do with Wolverine, don't it?"

"Wha'? Where did that come from?"

"Don't play stupid now, Rogue. Everyone around knows about your little crush on that monster."

Her eyes widdened. "Ah...Ah don't..."

"I've been with you for almost three years. You honestly think you could hide that from me?" He yelled, drawing unwanted attention.

"But...if ya' knew, then why...?"

"I thought I could change the way you saw him or over look it, but the moment he saved you on Staten Island you fell all over him. When ever he needed something, you never denied him. When he was wasted and couldn't get to his bed, you helped him. When he went on his nightly runs around the mansion, you were there with a towel and beer. When Striker made him have a mental melt down, it was you who picked up the pieces. And when Jean died, it was you who dropped everything to comfort him. And..."

"Ah get it." Her low voice rang, as she folded her arms. "Ah am always there for him and that wont ever change, Bobby. He saved my life and..."

"So all this goes back to Staten Island and..."

"No...from the very first time when ah saw 'em back in Laughlin, when he was cage fighting."

"...Cage...fighting?"

Nodding, a smile creased her lips. "Yeah...He jus'...when ah saw him, ah knew that he was more then that wild man ah saw take out man after man with one single hit. His eyes told me that he was a man with a secret and ah felt drawn to him...from that very day, ah knew he would never let me down." Eyes hardening, she gave a small growl in the back of her throat. "And he has of yet to do so. Ah owe him more than anyone could eva' comprehend. Logan is more than jus' my friend, he is my hero. Ah nev' had an'thing after my mutation, but he...he assured that ah got all that ah eva' wanted and needed." Taking a step and allowing her arms to fall at her sides, she stared him directly in the eyes. "And if you want to stand before me and degrade him or ev'thing that we went through, you have another thing com'n, bub." Her now rough and cold voice sounded.

Looking her up and down, he shook his head. "What are you gonna do? Hit me? You woundnt dare to..."

PLAK!!!

THUMP!!!

Hand going to his rapidly bleeding lip, he gawked at her.

"Don't dare someone, if you can't handle the repercussions, boy."

Jumping to his feet, he moved to swing on her.

Moving her head to the left, she raised an eyebrow. "Is that it?" She taunted, cracking her knuckles. "My turn." And with that, her fist found home in his gut. As he curled over her, she tsked and brought her knee to his head, sufficently knocking him unconcious. Watching as he fell and sprawled out on the lush green grass, she caught the sound of fast footsteps coming her way. Slowly turning and finding both Scott and Logan eyeing her, she raised an eye brow and rolled her neck, which gave a loud pop. "What?"

Sharing a look with the other man, Scott kneeled beside Bobby's bloody form. "This was uncalled for."

Narrowing her eyes, she raised her other eyebrow. "He came up to me and started this, four eyes. Not the other way around."

Seeing where this was going, Logan grabbed her arm and dragged her away.
***********************************

Sitting on her bed and watching as she leaned on the wall near her window drinking a beer, he sighed. "Marie?"

Turnig, she gave him a bored look.

"You need to get a hold of yourself."

"What if ah don't want to?" She challenged, placing her bottle on the dresser with her other empty one. Walking over and taking his cigar form his hand, she took a strong pull. Blowing out smoke in a huff, she handed it back. "What ya gon' do if ah don't? Spank me? Ground me? Take away my new bike?"

Growling and grabbing her arms, he forced her into his lap. Baring his teeth, his hold tightened. "What the hell do you expect to accomplish with this lil stunt?"

"N'thing." She rather calmly replied.

"Nothing?"

She nodded.

"Why? Why must you lose yourself to the Wolverine that I myself fight everyday? He is nothing but a monster and..."

"He is strong and don't allow n'thing to hurt 'em." She spat, with a growl behind every word. "No one questions or dares to disrespect 'em. Others are n'thing, but a small speck in his life."

Eyes widdening, he frowned and pulled her into his arms. Hugging her to him, Logan, sighed. "You delt with the whispers and more over the years, kid. Don't allow it to get to ya' now. You're better than them and don't you forget it." Rubbing her back, he gave a soothing growl from his chest. "The only person who opinion matters, is mine. And you are nothing short of a beautiful, smart, and strong woman."

Sagging against him and allowing all her emotions to catch up with her, Rogue turned her heand and buried it in his chest.

Feeling the tears soak through his shirt, he pulled back and stared in her face. Pushing back her white streaked hair, he sighed. "Now theres the Marie I know."

Smiling, she brushed her cheek against his hand. "Thank you." Turning her face, she kissed his palm.

Jerking his hand back and staring at it, he gasped.

"What's wrong?"

Raising his hand, he lightly traced her jaw. "I can touch you...I can touch you, Marie."

Softly gasping, a lone tear fell from her eyes.
***********************************
I know its not that long, but tell me what you think.
Chapter 3 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 3~


Watching as Rogue traced his hand, Logan smirked. "Are you going to do this every morning when you see me?"

Nodding as they made their way towards the medical wing, she laughed. "Ah jus' still shocked. Ah know that it been ova' three days and all, but ah always wanted to be able to touch you."

Pausing, he raised an eyebrow.

"Naw like that, just a friendly touch."

Lifting his hand that she was now holding, his other eyebrow rose. "Friendly? Is that what this is?"

Blushing and looking away, she pulled her hand back to her side. "Ah mean...it uh...it could..."

Wrapping an arm about her shoulders, he continued towards their destination."Don't sweat it kid. I was just fucking wit' ya'."

Sighing and leaning into him, she allowed him to lead her into the lab.
**********************************

Jotting down a few more notes, Hank sighed.

"What's wrong now, doc'?" Logan voiced putting his shirt back on.

"I just...I still can't figure out why Rogue's mutation can't harm you, when before it was trigered from contact with you." Placing the chart down on the table, he glimpsed the figure in the glass room having her blood taken. "Whatever the reason for this change between you two, I think that it resulted from the connection that you two have."

"If thats your theory fuzz ball, then why haven't it done so years ago?" He questioned, watching as the female in question pulled her sleeve back down. "She has absorbed my healing multiple times and..."

"Then its safe to say, that the cure made her skin advance in a way." Turning, he made move for the exit.

Confused, Logan took up after him. Walking the short distance from where he was being tested to where Marie was, he froze at what Beast asked.

"May I have your permission to cut your hand?"

Eyes going wide as saucers, her brown orbs looked towards him for help.

"Why the sudden intrest in cutting her open, bub?" He demanded, walking over and standing at her side.

"You got me to thinking about all the abilities that you have, Logan." Hank began. "If she can truely recall your forgotten memories and harbor your claws you were born with, then she must also absorbed your healing. I just wish to test it, thats all." He finished, saying the last bit towards the scared female.

Sighing and reluctantly nodding, she held out her hand.

Smiling, he took one claw of his hairy hand and ran it across her palm. Pulling back and watching as blood swelled, he smirked as her skin gave a small glow and started to knit itself back together. Retreiving the hankercheif from his pocket, he wiped the blood off and handed it towards one of the students who served as his asistant.

"Go run this blood and compare it to both Logan's and Rogue's."

NOdding, the small boy left them alone.

"So, uh...what does this mean?" She asked, hopping off the table she sat on and folding her arms. "Can ah touch again? Ah mean, other than Logan?"

Hank frowned. "I honestly do not know, Rogue. But for now you need to still be cautious of your skin and the effect that it has on..." Haulting his words as she swiftly left, he sighed. "I didn't think her skin would be difficult upon finding what it is now capable of, but..."

"Then stop fussing and find out whats going on." Logan bit out. "Because in case you have forgotten, Magneto had twice as much of that cure. And if it enhanced her power, think of what it can do to him."

Eyes wide, he scrambled for his notes. "You go and tell the X-Men that a meeting will be held shortly...I need to speak with Xavier."

Watching as he rushed about the room gathering notes and a disc or two, Logan took his leave.
**********************************

"So, we have to track down all the mutants who took the cure?" Bobby exclaimed, as all sat about the table projecting Beast's findings. "You know how long that will take?"

Charles slowly nodded. "Yes...but with Cerebro, I shall be able to find all and send you out to talk or retreive them. They need to be warned about what can happen and..."

"But their human now, Charles." Storm voiced. "Or at least that is what they think. If they believe in the cure so, then you may not be capable to find them. They would seek to keep the days of their mutation as a secret and hidden within their minds. You yourself said long ago, that you cannot force one to reveal what they do not want to."

"But ah can."

Turning, all eyes landed on Rogue.

Leaning against a wall and stepping from the shadowed corner, she sighed. "Ah can sense and find 'em. It's not that hard."

"You have had no contact with one of telepathy." Scott pointed out. "I know you want to help but..."

"Ah do." She stated, cutting him off.

"Since when?"

Lowering her gaze, she frowned. "Before ah took the cure and...and Jean died."

Scott tensed. "Wha....When did this...when did you..."

Releasing a breath, Charles shook his head. "Why did I not see it when she came to me?" He voiced, holding his head.

"What are you talking about?" Logan demaned. "You knew that she would turn and possibly..."

"Yes...I have always known." He replied, looking to all in the room. "Since I have known Jean, she has always held a part of herself that was pure evil and the definition of power. I just thought if I worked with her to supress the Phoenix, she would never allow it out...But I wrong." Pausing, he sighed. "Before Akili Lake, she came to me and asked me if it was possible that the phoenix could be stripped of her or lessened. I didn't think nothing of it, but I told her that it was a possibility." Locking gazes with Rogue, his voice hardened. "Did she come to you asking for help or was it an accident that you came in contact with her?"

"Ah...She came te me wishn' to talk."

"Why would you go with her?" Kitty asked, standing. "After that argument you both had, you should've..."

"Argument?" Both Logan and Scott voiced.

Paling, Rogue shot her a glare and gave the proffessor a pleading look.

He shook his head. "I am sorry, but if this is what led you to follow after her, then they all deserve to know what happened."

Closing her eyes and recalling what happened, she became lost in her memory.

*Flashback*

Watching as he once more rode off, she sighed.

"What's wrong?"

Turning, she found Jean eyeing her. "N'thing. Ah was jus'...uh... seeing Logan off and..."

"You know that he wishes to stay in the open and not trapped in one place. After all, he delt with that in his past. So why do you wish to do this to yourself?" Her soft voice rang, as she walked over and leaned on the wall. "Logan wishes to stay where he feels comfortable and you keep pulling him back here. You must allow him to do as he pleases and give him time to himself."

Frowning, she raised an eye brow. "Wha' ya' mean he ain't comfortable here? He says the mansion is like a second home and..."

"No, Rogue. He comes only because he feels like he needs to keep an eye on you. He needs to come to see the mansion as 'his' home, not some place where he needs to return to check up on someone."

"No offense, Jean, but Logan does what he wants. If he wishes to stop coming here and checking up on me as you think, then he would do so. Ah think that ah know him a little better than you think. Afta' all, ah kinda got 'em in ma' head ya' know."

Folding her arms, her usual green eyes darkened. "Watch what you say, Rogue. You don't want to play with fire, now do you?"

Taking a step back and eyeing her, she shook her head. "Naw, but was that a threat?"

"Take it as you want to, but keep that in mind."

"Naw, you keep in mind that you have Scott and he loves you. Don't go around and..."

"Ruin it?" She spat, advancing on her until she was in her face. "Don't worry about me and mine. I have him and thats how it will remain."

Rogue nodded. "Ok. Then if ya' have Scott, Logan's mine. Take that as ya' want, but if you want to throw the fire out, be ready to get burned."

Narrowing her eyes, she shook her head. "I would love to see you try. After all, your nothing but a wanting whore." Turning she walked off.

*End Flashback*

Scott shook his head. "She would never say something like that and threaten you."

"Quite the contrary." Charles stated. "When Jean loses control of the Phoenix, she is very rude and can be extremely dangerous."

"And the possessiveness?" Kitty voiced. "She was about ready to take Rogue's head off, when she called dibs on Logan."

He nodded. "Yes, she has a possessive side to her and in a way, the Phoenix found Logan to be one of great power and was drawn towards him. But when Rogue said that he was her's, the Phoenix would've killed her."

"Why didn't she?" Storm sounded. "If Jean was so lost to the Phoenix, then why didn't she end her then and there?"

"Rogue, would you like to answer that?"

Looking up and pass all the confused and waiting faces, she locked gazes with her so called claim. "Ah would nev' say something like that, but when she said that Logan was her's, my inner Wolverine surfaced."

"And as a result, the Phoenix recognised the power surrounding her and left her alone in fear of it being directed at her." Charles explained. "Now, can you please say why you allowed Jean to lead you away to talk?"

She sighed. "Ah didn't want to go with her, but she said what she had to tell me would able me to help Logan get his memories back."

"And you agreed, even tho' you two had an argument?" Logan asked.

"Yeah." She lowly replied.

"And what did she say?" Storm questioned.

"She told me she needed my help. Ah didn't mind helping her at all, but when she asked me if ah could releive her of some stress and take it in, ah refused."

Hank frowned. "Then how did you absorb her telepathy?"

"We were out in the garden in a secluded place and when ah moved to leave, she forced me to her side. At first ah fought her and didn't let her touch me, but when she said hundreds could die, ah agreed." Pausing, she pulled her left sleeve up and revealed a burn mark. "Ah don't recall an'thing fro' what happened next, but ah felt pain and as if ah was in an oven baking. Then ah woke up in ma' bed lata' that night."

"Let me see the burn."

Moving towards him, she allowed him to examine it.

"And when did you expierence you had telepathy?" Scott asked.

Blushing, she looked towards the one with blue skin. "When ah was talking to Curt and he uh...was thinking about uh....someone that he care about."

Gasping, the man in question eye's widdened. "You saw...wha' I thinking?"

She gave a small nod, but when he lowered his head, she added, "Ah wont tell, Curt. Ah promise."

Sighing, he relaxed.

Clearing his throat, Charles regained all their attention. "You told Jean I presume?"

"Yeah."

"And what did she say?"

"She was scared and when she saw the mark left on ma' arm, she about paniced. Ah wanted to come and tell you 'bout all wha' happened, but she said we could handle it."

"So she started to teach you about telepathy and the Phoenix?"

"Yes to the telepathy and no to the Phoenix...She taught me how to read minds, force someone to do as ah wish, and how to block others fro' evading ma'mind."

"That explains why I could not enter your mind when I wished for you. You chose when to let me in and when not to?"

"Yeah. Jean told me tha' we needed to keep it a secret until she taught me ev'thing and..."

"It's a bird." Hank exclaimed. "The burn is in the shape of a bird. Has it always been like that?"

Rogue shook her head.

"What was it before?"

"A uh...just a small roundish burn."

"And when did it change?"

"The day Jean died."

All went silent.

Moving around the table and comeing to a stop before her, Charles motioned to an empty chair. "Could you please take a seat and allow me to scan your mind? I just wish to see how much of the Phoenix resides within you."

Sighing and settling down, she nodded. "Go ahead."

Smiling, he released a breath and jerked back. Eyeing her, he frowned. "You have to let all your guards down and not fight against me."

"I didn't."

"Let's try this again. I need you to allow me in your mind. Think of a field of flowers and everything that you could ever want. Do that and you wont be able to sense me so much."

Nodding and releasing a large breath, she sagged against the chair.

Pleased, Charles allowed his mind to venture across towards her own. Witin seconds he was once more forced out, but this time, he knew why.

"Rogue?"

Opening her eyes, she gave him a lazy look. "Yeah?"

"As you know, you had piece of the Phoenix residing in you...but now, I fear that you are it's new keeper."

Blinking, a tear fell from her now misty eyes of brown.
****************************
Thanks for reading and don't forget to leave me a review and tell me what you think.
Chapter 4 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 4~

Walking down the hall and turning the corner, he frowned at what he saw. "Marie?"

Pausing in her packing, she turned to face him.

Watching as another tear escaped her slightly swollen eyes, Logan rushed over the thresh hold of her room. "What's going on? Why the hell are you packing?"

"Ah have to leave."

"Why?"

"The proffessor can't help me here. So ah have to go to London where Dr. Rayson is?"

"Who the fuck is he?"

"A friend of the X-Man." Storm replied, letting herself into the room. "He is specialized in very hard and complexed mutations. Like us here, he takes in mutants and aids them."

"So she's going to another school for the gifted?" Logan voiced, with obvious sarcasm. "You think this damn man will be able to help her?"

"We are not sure, but it's our last chance to fix this before a repeat of what happened with Jean occurs." Moving towards Rogue, she placed a hand on her shoulder. "I know that this is hard to take in, but please give this a chance. He might even be capable to help you touch again."

"Really?" Her eyes lit up.

She nodded. "Dr. Rayson is very talented. He and his whole team in London. You will be in the best of hands."

Throwing the last two shirts in her suitcase, she sighed. "Is the car here already?"

"You know what? Why don't you wait until after dinner to leave? That way you can say bye to everyone the right way."

Smiling, she nodded. "Thanks Storm."

"Anytime...I'll see you at dinner." Kissing her crown of hair, she left the two alone.

"So ya' leaving, huh kid?"

Sighing she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Yeah..." Pausing she pulled back and stared up in his face. "You gonna come and visit me, right?"

Smirking, he threw his arm around her shoulders and led her out the room and down into the kitchen. "Of course...but first, I need a beer."

Laughing, her worries melted away.
*****************************************

Smiling as Storm and Beast shared a joke, she sighed. Grabbing her glass of wine, she quietly left the table and made for the backyard. Entering the cool and nice breeze, a tear fell from her eyes.

"Rogue?"

Tensing and wiping her face, she faced the newcomer. "What do you want?"

"I just..." Pausing, Kitty moved to her side. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. You know for Bobby and..."

"No your not." She bit out, turning away and staring out at the fountain in the distance. "If you were, you woudn't be sneaking around with him and acting like nothing happened.

She frowned. "You know? How did you..."

"Wolverine...Ah have his enhanced senses. Bobby's scent is all around you and even in you."

Blushing, she lowered her gaze.

Sighing, Rogue faced her. "Look, if you came here in hopes that ah would forgive you before ah leave, forget it. Ah won't forgive you. You were ma'best friend and you betrayed me. That, ah can't forgive. But we are cool, yet not like were. Ah have no problem saying hi, but thats it."

"Rogue, I'm sorry. You have to forgive me." Kitty pleaded, with her own tears threatening to fall.

"Why? Your still sleeping with 'em? You hurt me Kitty and you don't even feel bad 'bout it. If you did, you wouldn't be with 'em. You're only here, because you want me to take away ya' guilt and ah won't do that."

Nodding, she turned on her heels and left.

Watching as the door closed behind her, Rogue looked towards a dark corner and raised an eyebrow. "You gonna stay lerking in the shadows or are you gonna come out and talk?"

Growling, Logan moved towards her. "I didn't want to intrude on you and the cat." He stated, taking a long swallow of his beer.

"Really?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Yes. Is it so hard to believe, I can be civil?"

"No...it's just not you."

"True."

Smiling, she shook her head. "You wanted something?"

"I uh...I know that you have to go in an hour but uh...I wanted to know if you could just uh...ya' know, point me in the...."

"Ya' real name is James. You were born in the eighteenth centry and was known for being severly ill, before your mutation revealed itself." She lowely repiled, as her eyes fluttered close. "You fought along side Sabortooth in all the great wars and thats how you met Striker and..."

"Thats enough." His rough voice rang.

Cracking her brown eyes open, she frowned.

"Thanks kid. I just...I'm having a hard time accepting I'm related to that heeving."

She sighed. "Ah understand...But if ya' want to know more, just ask the proffessor to look up a Gambit. He's an old friend who you owe alot to. He even saved your life...Look 'em up, for me?"

"Yeah...If I have the time, but I ain't making no promises."

"That's all ah ask."

"Gud 'cuz..."

"Rogue?" Storm called, stepping out of the mansion.

Facing her, she smiled. "Yeah?"

"It's time to go, if you want to make ya' flight."

"Ok...here ah come."

Nodding, she left the two alone.

Looking towards the now stiff man, she sighed. Walking over, she grabbed his hand and laced her fingers through his. "Walk me to the car?"

"You bet, kid."

Smiling, the two entered the mansion. Giving hugs and sharing words with a select few, Rogue soon found them before the mansion. Watching as the last of her lugage was placed away within the trunk, she felt him sigh. Facing him, she moved to give him the dog tags about her neck.

"Don't." Logan voiced, placing a hand over her own.

"But this is..."

"Yours, Marie." He calmly replied, running a hand through her hair. "They are yours. Keep them."

"But..."

"Marie, keep them. Their the only thing that I have of my past and I want them to go where the other half of it is. With you."

Sight becoming blured at the double meaning behind his words, tears rapidly fell from her eyes. Launching herself in his arms, she nuzzled her face in his neck. "Ah won't let you down, ah promise."

Hugging her back, he soon let her go and watched as she slid in the back seat. Just as the car moved, she rolled down her window and called him. Rushing over and bending at the waist, he leaned heavily upon the door. "What's wrong?"

"Ah forgot something."

"What?"

Smiling, she leaned forword. "This." Her low and soft southern belle roots purred across his lips, before she gave him a chaste kiss. Pulling back and staring up at his shocked face, she laughed. "Goodbye Logan."

And with that, she was gone.
*********************************
Thanks for reading. Don't forget to review.
Chapter 5 by inugoddesschild
Author's Notes:
*Note*
-This chapter will be set years after Rogue left. Just thought you should know.-
~Chapter 5~

"Uh, that was brutal." Bobby stated, as he entered what was now called the briefing room.

Kitty frowned. "Speak for yourself. My hair is ruined." She voiced, running her fingers through the chard strands and taking a seat.

Charles gave all a small smile. "I know that we all have had a hard time today, but we have achieved our objective. Cassie is with Beast in the medical wing, retreiveing aid for her burns. She will be fine and has decided that she would like to remain here at the institute. I would like to say thank you and..."

"We need help, Chuck." Logan stated, taking a seat on the windows ledge eyeing him. "The damn Brotherhood is making their move and we need more men on board. These kids can't handle this."

Bobby jumped to his feet. "Kids? We're twenty-one, not some fifteen year olds any more. We can help just as much as any of you all can and..."

"Please, take your seat and let me address what was spoken." Charles voiced.

Narrowing his eyes on Logan, Bobby slowly retook his seat. Placing a soothing hand on his arm, Kitty gave the proffessor a nod.

"Over the years, we have encountered the Brotherhood more than ever. We are even now dealing with Eric's kids and soon him. From what I have gathered from Scott and Logan when they snuck within their strong hold, Eric is slowly regathering his mutation back. It's taking longer due to the amount to cure he was given, but he will no doubt be ten times more stronger than before...So, I have taken the liberty to have requested two mutants to come here and join the X-Men."

"Proffessor, we don't know nothing about them or their fighting styles." Scott stated, folding his arms. "We would need to practice along side them and..."

"One of them should be up to your speed or far beyond it." Storm added, walking over towards the other door behind the proffessor. Placing her hand around it and giving a twist, all froze at who they saw.

Arms linked with a smaller and black spiked haired female, Rogue smiled.

"Hey ya'll. Miss me?" Her soft and more seductive southern drawl sounded.
*********************************

Eyeing her as she sat on the table with her long legs crossed, Logan was breathless. Hell, he was a damn fish out of water. The Marie he knew was gone. Only Rogue was left in her place. And by the Gods, she was a beauty. Black leather pants and a matching long sleeve lacy top that cropped her rather round and firm breast that peeked from behind the low cut top she bore. Swinging them legs back and forth, her booths only brought more attention to her mile long legs.

"So, ya' skin is under control now?" Kitty asked, bringing him out of his stupor.

Nodding, her now wild and slightly curled waist length hair swayed back and forth. "Yeah. Dr. Rayson tought me how to control it. It's mo' like a light. Ah turn it off and on with a mental switch."

"Light my foot, chicky." The other female replied, from the seat beside her. "Hell, it took yo' crazy butt two in a half years to master that. You had them boys dropping like flies. Literally."

"Boys?" Logan found himself saying, before he could catch himself.

Turning, a smile instantly lit her face. "Yeah, boys. Ah dated a few over the years and ah kinda got carried away."

The other female rolled her eyes. "Carried away, Roguey? You would kiss them for more than a minute and get so lost in their touch you melted. And so did yo' so called control."

Growling and jumping off the table, she towered over her. "Jubilee, don't try me." Her now cold voice sounded.

Calmly coming to her feet, she sighed. "My bad, chicky. Just you always say the half truth. You know I have to say..."

"The hell ya' do." She bit out, her usual brown hues the color of hazel.

Reaching out and touching her neck, she rubbed her thumb across the patch of skin.

Releasing a sigh, Rogue's whole body untensed and calmed. Taking a step back from her and frowning, she hugged herself. "Jubs, ah sorry ah lost..."

"Control of the Wolverine?" She finished, retaking her seat. "How many times do I have to tell you? It's nothing. As long as we don't get into it like we did back at home in London, we fine. God forbid, we tore the whole east wing up. Dr. Rayson and Sampson wanted our hides. And thats not including all the bruises and scars I was nursing for a good month."

"Ah had scars too."

"But not as long as mine. You and yo' precious healing." Rolling her eyes, she smirked. "And besides, if we didn't fight that night, we wouldn't have become best friends."

Kitty lowered her gaze. Seeing the sudden sadness develope her, Bobby wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer.

Oblivous, Rogue smiled and shook her head. "Ah can't believe ah almost slit ya' throat."

"And I almost made you into a human gernade." Jubilee stated, around a small laugh. "No matter how fucked up we were that first year there, we became some bad ass bitches, chicky."

Laughing, she blew a white streak out of her face. "No lie there."

Clearing his throat, Charles gained their attention. "As we spoke earlier Rogue, your here to be on the X-Men and back here permently, if you wish?"

Looking from him to the frowning female beside her, she sighed. "Only if Jubs can stay too."

He nodded. "I don't see why not."

Jumping to her feet, the smaller female threw her arms around her neck. "Did I ever tell you how much I love yo' crazy ass?"

Pulling back and eyeing her, she fingered the bright yellow collor of the sleeveless trench coat she had on. "Yeah, when ah bought you that three hundred dolla' coat."

Smirking, she folded her arms. "What can I say, you the only one who would pay that much for me...Not even my own mom would..." Falling silent, she lowered her head.

Sighing, Rogue playfully punched her in the arm. "Wha' ah tell you, kid? Your one of mine and ah don't leave you in the dirt. You got ma' back and ah got yours. Till the end and even beyond."

Lifting her head and wiping the unshed tears, Jubilee smiled. "What would I do without you?"

She shrugged. "Ah don't know, but ya' a strong one, Jubs. You a fighter and your my sista'. Don't you forget that."

Laughing, she raised her hand and removed her right glove to reveal a burn. "Hell, you and that little birdie won't let me forget it."

"Ah thought you said ya' for..."

"I did forgive you." Placing it back on, she ran her hand through her short and unruley hair. "I just...even tho' you lost control of the Pheonix that day, you made it a point to stand your ground against it. It almost killed me, but you staked a claim and well...this lil' burn is better then being incinerated from existance."

Sighing, she nodded.

"So the doc' helped with the bird problem?" Logan voiced, walking around the table and coming to stop before her. Staring down in her eyes, he found his Marie looking back at him.

Smiling, she nodded. "Yeah. Dr. Rayson was tough on me, but his methods helped. Ah have total an' complete control of my skin." Raising an eyebrow, she smirked. "Why so interested?"

Moving to fill the small space between them, a voice rang from the far left.

"Ma' chere, you are back." A thick and loving Cajun accent sounded.

Stepping back from Logan, Rogue folded her arms. "Ah didn't come for you, Gambit."

Tilting his head and gliding across the room towards her, he ran a hand through her mane. "Come now, ma' chere. Gambit is sorry for what happened back in Paris. There was business that needed tending to and..."

"Ah don't care." Slapping his hand away, she narrowed her eyes. "You lied to me."

"Come now, Gambit didn't..."

"First person, please." She growled between clenched teeth.

Nodding, he easily wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her towards him. "Ofcourse. Anything, for ma' chere...I didn't lie to you, bac' in Paris. I was in need to aid a friend of my clan. Leaving you was the last thing that I would eva' wish of doing. You must believe me."

"Why? Ya' didn't come back?"

"I did, but you was gone on a mission with your unit. With you leading them, ma' chere, I could not pull you away from such."

"Ah still don't like you."

Gambit smirked. "Come now. You, young Jubilee, your entire unit you lead, and myself know that as a lie." Tracing her jaw down to her neck and pushing her hair back, he revealed a tattoo. "If what I speak is a lie, then why does my clan's crest lay upon your skin?"

Growling and shuving him, she found Jubilee standing before her. Ignoring her hold upon her arms, she narrowed her eyes.

Feeling her hands become aflame and heated, she gasped as Rogue's hair silently floated about her. "Stop this chicky. With your anger contoling you, the Pheonix will become loose."

Growls growing louder, a small flame started to surroung the two. "How dare ya' bring that up? Ah gave you ev'thing, Gambit and you spat it back in ma' face." Her cold voice rang, as an echo was behind each word.

Knowing what was happening, he sighed. "Release her, young one."

Glimpsing over her shoulder, Jubilee gasped. "Are you insane? She will..."

"She would neva' hurt me. We are...we are connected."

Studying him, she frowned and slowly stepped from her place.

In mere seconds, Rogue had him by his throat in the air. With the fire now racing up her arm and onto his skin, he started to glow.

Clearly unharmed by it, he gave a small smile and cupped her face. In seconds, her skin took on the same glow and the fire vanished. Releasing him, he lightly landed on his feet and caught her, as she collapsed. Sighing, he kissed her crown of hair.

"Wha...what was that?" Charles demanded, once he found his voice. "Dr. Rayson said that Rogue had perfect control over the Pheonix and her mutation."

Standing with her cradled against him, Gambit sighed. "She is..."

"She has perfect control over both." Jubilee stated, slowly retaking her seat and eyeing her now slumbering friend. "Rogue can turn her skin on and off all that she wishes, but when she is stressed or... angry, she can at times exibit lose of control over the Pheonix. She..."

"She and I are one. The Pheonix called when I was in Paris on an assignment, years ago. I chose to remain beside her and help her. For the Pheonix's fire and heat does not effect me. For within my body is the chemical make-up that allows me'self to cause any object to turn deadly. The Pheonix knows this and tries all it wishes, but I am unmovable towards it." Gambit added, as the one in question gave a moan and slowly came back to the waking world.

"Uh...wha...wha' happened?" Her low southern drawl sounded.

Smiling and setting her on her feet, he kept an arm about her. "The usual, ma' chere. I got you fired up and you wanted me head."

Pushing away from him, she growled. "I shuda' killed ya."

"But you can't."

"Don't mean ah won't try."

Folding his arms, he sighed. "Why must you be like this? I did not wish to hurt you as I did, ma' chere. You have me heart and you know this. So why must you fight me about you and me'self?"

Blinking, tears gathered in her eyes. "You lied, Gambit."

"What did I lie of?"

"Your clan's friend."

"I do not follow."

Rolling her eyes, Jubilee sighed. "Dude, ya' bro' came to her and told what you were doing. So cut the bullshit and stop wasting time. She knows who Bella is."

Eyes widdening, he shook his head. "Is this why you are so mad at Gambit, ma' chere?...Yes Bella was to become me bride that day I went to the clan's estate. But I refused. You are me only lover and reason for living. What we share, I neva' knew before. Please let me not telling you of me true connection to Bella hurt us. For I do love you, Rogue." Reaching out and pulling her to him, he smiled. "And I know you love you some Gambit."

Rolling her eyes and sagging into his arms, she burried her face in his chest. "Ah am so drained. Ah need a nap."

Eveloping her in his arms, he faced the laughing Jubilee. "What now, young one?"

"Nothing...you two go through this all the time. You fight, you run, she find you, and you beg for her forgivness. It never gets old. Sorry."

"Then you know whats next?" He asked, once more swinging Rogue up in his arms.

Eyes widdening, she came to her feet. "Is my room on the opposite side of where eva' they are going?"

The proffessor raised an eyebrow. "Why would you want that? I thought you would like to be near Rogue?"

"I do...I mean I would, if she was by herself. And especially not tonight, no offense. Cause she is gonna be screaming for the heavens and that bed will no doubt be a rock'n, if you got me?"

Choking, he looked towards Storm for help.

"I can see to your room and board." Eyeing the two leaving, she sighed. "Please, come with me."

Watching as all took their leave, save for Scott, Logan rammed his fist into the table.

"I take it, you're mad?"

Narrowing his eyes, he raised a mocking eyebrow.

Scott laughed. "Guess you should've kept your word and visited her. If so, then that might be you in his place."

"What if I kill 'em and make it look like the Brotherhood had a hand in it?"

"I know that you love and want her, but really?" Sighing, he leaned on the table. "Sorry to tell you this, but all you can do is sit back and wait for your shot. Until then, be the best friend that you two always were."

"Best friend, huh? Does that include me kissing her senseless and shagging the hell out her her small, tight, and..."

"Please, spare me the details." He stated, shrugging. "No...unless she adones it...but you didn't hear it from me."

Hearing his footsteps go off in the distance, Logan smirked. "Who would've thought shades would be giving me advice on women? Hell must be frozen over."
*************************************
Thanks for reading and tell me what you think.
Chapter 6 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 6~

Grabbing the grey t-shirt off the floor and slipping on a pair of her underwear from her suitcase, she quitely slipped out of the room. Sighing and making her way downstairs, she entered the kitchen. Seeing the fridge, her mouth about watered and over flowed. Retreiving a beer and taking a long swallow of it's contents, she missed the figure in the shadows.

"Taking what's not
your's now, Marie?"

Jumping and turning around, she found Logan leaning on the island drinking his own beer and smoking a cigar. Releasing a calming breath, she sighed. "Ah was thirsty."

He smirked. "You should've got some water, not beer then." Eying her, he raised an eyebrow. "Nice gown."

Blushing, she wrapped her empty hand around her waist. "Ah uh... couldn't find anything to wear."

"Try someone who didn't hear you screaming."

Gasping, her face went beet red. "You...you heard?"

He nodded. "Don't worry about it. Your secret is safe with me. Just keep it down some. Heard Charles had to put a mental block on the kids that caught some of it.

She nodded. "Ah...Ah'm gonna head back up so..."

"Com'ere Marie." He called, in a low voice.

Placing her beer on the island, she came to a stop before him. "Yeah?"

"Four years ago when you left, you kissed me. Why?"

"Ah jus'...Ah uh..."

"Stop stuttering, Marie. Your talking to me, here."

Sighing, she shook her head. "Ah thought that ah kinda...liked you."

"Is that all?"

"No...Ah loved you Logan, but you were...you were obsessed with Jean. Then when she died, you wasn't yourself."

"Why did you stay by my side and help me after that?"

"Ah couldn't stand seeing you hurt and ah thought...jus' if ah helped you and was your crutch, you would see how much ah loved you."

Staring her dead in the eyes, his softened. "Do you still love me, Marie?"

Gasping, she lowered her gaze. "Ah...Logan ah..."

"Ma' chere?"

Turning, she found a groggy and bare chested Gambit in the entrence. Smiling, she grabbed her beer and walked over. "Yeah?"

"I was worried that you had a nightmare or the Pheonix..."

"Shh." She softly replied, placing a hand on his chest. "Ah'm fine. Ah just wanted something to drink."

Eyeing her beer, he raised an eyebrow.

"What?...ah said drink, just now what particularly."

Shaking his head, he grabbed her empty hand. "Come on. I'm tired."

Pausing, she turned towards a frowning Logan. "G'nite."

Raising his beer, he nodded. "Night, Marie."

Smiling, she allowed Gambit to lead her away.
**********************************

Jumping to the left and pushing Jubilee, she cursed as she was hit. Rolling over on her side and rapidly coming coming to her feet, she found Storm and Cyclops blocking the sentinal from them. Pausing to glimpse her new wound, she growled.

"You okay?"

Sighing and moving beside them, she gave Storm a small 'yeah'. Just as she made move to strike the sentinal, the training room reverted back to normal.

"That will be enough, for today." Charles voiced, from the booth over looking all. Come into the briefing room, so I may speak with you all."

Rolling her eyes at Jubs dusted her coat off. "At least my baby's nice and unharmed."

Switching to his shades, Scott frowned. "That coat is going to get you killed."

"Naw uh. It's comes in handy. You just haven't seen what it can do yet." Turning, she walked off.

Shaking her head, an arm was thrown over her shoulder. Locking eyes with dazzling red, Rogue smiled. "Don't say it."

"I wasn't, ma'chere." Gambit replied, as he led her away and behind the others. "But you are to blame for putting that coat in her hands. For she a fiesty lil' young one. Her attitude changed the moment you gave that to her."

"But ah gave it to her cuz' she needed and wanted it. Jubs didn't have noting and me giving that to her, showed ma' love for her."

"I know. And thats the reason why she treasures it so much." Lowering his voice as they entered the room, he kissed her temple. "I can't wait to see how ya' gonna spoil our lil' ones. Cuz' Gambit wants a big family."

Gasping, she could only stare at him, as he took his seat near Logan. Chancing a look towards the other man, his nod was all she needed to know that he heard what was said. Sighing, she moved towards the opposite side and sat betweed Storm and Jubilee.

Smiling, Charles gave all a nod. "You all were fierce and on point during today's training..." Pausing, his gaze landed on smiling blue ones. "Jubilee you must not allow what feelings you have for such trivial things to distract you from aiding the team. That coat may be your prized possession, but ..."

"I don't allow it to distract from the team." She exclaimed. "I do what I have to no matter what and..."

"If Rogue did not intercept that attack, then you would've been laid out." Scott boldly stated. "She is the only reason you are on the X-Men. She vouched for you and you are clearly leting her down. For she is constantly saving and coming to your aid in training. And if this continued when we are in battle, she will become fully distracted and severly injured. Think not of yourself, but she who you love and look up to."

Coming the her feet, she moved to leave.

"Don't." Rogue sounded, reaching out and grabbing her wrist. "They don't mean nothing by it, but you need to..."

"So you agree with them?"

Frowning, she sighed. "Yes, ah do, but ah not..."

"Your just like everyone else! You go with whateva they say and..."

Growling and coming to her feet, Rogue pushed her back in her chair. "Don't you dare try that damn pity game on me. Like ah told yo' ass years ago, ah am not like your mother. Ah care about you and ah won't let others make me push you away." Raising her left sleeve to reveal a large gash that was still bleeding, she shook her head. "If ah didn't care, then why would ah allow myself to get this? Ah got this mere minutes ago when ah saved yo' ass again."

Eyes watering, she reached out for her.

Slapping her hand away, her gaze locked with sad brown. "Take her off the X-Men. She's not ready."

Charles sighed. "Your the one who said you'll look after her, so I leave it in your hands. When you think that she's ready, I'll let her back in."

Nodding, she shook her head at the other female. "Until ya' can show me that ya' done with all this petty thinkn' and lies you made yourself believe long ago are gone, you will not be an X-Man."

Gasping and lowering her head, she slowly nodded. Moving from the table and pushing the chair in, she took her leave.

Laying a hand on her shoulder, Ororo sighed. "I know that was hard, but that was needed."

"Ah know it was a long time coming, but if she don't come to accept life and ev'thing that happened, then she'll only get worse. Staying under me was helping, but ah kinda' coddled her too much."

"Ain't nothing wrong with that." Logan stated.

Meeting his eyes, she gave a small smile. "Thanks...Ah'm gonna head up to shower." Giving him a hard look that earned a small nod, she left.
****************************

Cracking his knuckles, he wanted to punch a wall. Watching as the last of his hand-to-hand students of the morning leave, he sighed. Grabbing his gym bag and moving towards the stairwell, she caught a fresh scent. Smirking, he followed it through the school.

Climbing the steps and making a left then two rights, he paused.

Rogue's old room.

Slowly moving towards it, he moved to knock.

"Com'on in, Logan." Her southern drawl sounded.

Twisting the knob, he found her on the bare room's floor. Kicking the door closed and dropping his bag, he raised an eyebrow. "Where the bed and stuff go?"

Looking up at him, she smiled. "Ah had beast move it. Proffessor said that ah could have my old room back, for meditation and...well, alone time."

He smirked. "Trying to get free of the fire rat?"

"He's clingy and ah just needed a lil' time to breath." Rolling the rest of the Indian carpet out and placing a pillow on it, she placed a small tray before it. Taking a seat, she motioned towards the other cushion. "Take a seat. I want to talk to you."

Confused, yet doing as she asked, he nodded. "Wha' ya wanted to see me for, Marie?"

"Ah wanted to know if you found all that you wished to about your past?"

"Why?"

"Can you ya' just tell me, Logan?" She pressed.

Sighing and folding his arms, he shook his head. "Naw...I got as far as Gambit. He told me I found him to get to some island and...his memory ain't the best, I'll tell you that."

Studying him, she nodded. "Ah asked, cuz' ah know how messed up his mind can be and all...If you want, ah can open up and show you what ah know about you."

"What do you mean show?"

"Ah can link our minds to show you what happened. It'll be like a mental movie, in a way."

"I don't know. I know I have some demons in my head and..."

"It's n'thing that ah havn't seen already...And besides, you need to know more of what made you who you are, even if you don't know why... And besides, you left a woman that lov..."

"Rogue, you in here?"

Closing her eyes, as her lover entered, she smiled. "Yeah? You needed me?"

"Are we still on for lunch, ma'chere?" Gambit voiced, eyeing a frozen Logan. "Am I interupting? If so, then I can come back later and..."

"Yes! Now get lost, bub." He growled.

Placing a hand on his arm, Rogue gave him a tight smile. "Ah need to talk to Logan for a while. Ah'll find ya' when we're through."

Nodding and kissing her pouty lips, he swiftly left.

"Woman? What woman?"

She sighed. "Ah would rather show you, then tell you." Eyes hardening, lowering her hand to that of his, she gave it a squeeze. "But know this, if ah link our minds, you must have complete trust in me and not pull away. No matter what you see, you must stay calm and linked to me. If not, it will hurt your psyche as well as mine."

Rubbing his thumb over her soft skin, he nodded. "I trust you with my life, Marie.

Smiling, she pushed the tray to the side and placed her other hand on his temple. "Clear your mind and let everything go. It's only me and you...n'thing else exists, but you and me...say it."

"Nothing else exists, but you and me."

"Good...here we go..."

And with that, their minds combined.
***************************************
Thanks for reading. Tell me what you think.
Chapter 7 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 7~

Pushing her pasta around on her plate, she sighed.

"What's wrong?"

Jumping and looking left, she found Kitty eyeing her. "Nothing."

She shook her head. "Come on Jubilee, I know something's wrong."

"It's nothing that would interest you."

"Try me." She replied, taking a seat beside her.

"I just...I feel like Rogue isn't being herself and siding with ev'body else, when it comes to me. We're close just like before, but it's different."

Kitty looked off into the distance. "I know how you feel. I once thought that years ago before she left...But looking back, I see that she only did that for a reason. Back then she was a totally different person. She didn't know how to surpess nor control her skin, so she adjusted to playing it safe and holding back. But when she got the cure and it started to work, she actually feared that if she let someone too close that they would hurt her. I thought that she made that up and it was just nonsense, but now I understand. It was a comfort blanket. Her skin always made sure that nobody got too close to hurt her and with it gone, she was terrified." Sighing, she stared into confused blue. "The point I'm trying to make is, Rogue only does things that will help. I know that your hurt now and want to be angry, but in time you'll see why she took you off the X-Men and keeping some distance from you."

"Her pushing you away is what led you to be with her boyfriend?" Jubilee voiced.

Gasping, Kitty came to her feet. "Yes...but there was much more that led towards it...I uh...I have something to do...I'll see you around." And with that, she walked off.

Shaking her head, she returned to playing with her food. But this time, lost in thought.
***********************************

Eyes clenching tight as his past flashed before his eyes, Logan started to visbly shake.

First witnessing him taking his father's life, then finding out him and Sabortooth were brothers, he didn't know how much more he could take.

Next came all the wars that they were part of. Him and Victor stayed together and always fought back to back. They were the ultimate soldiers and never left their fellow soldiers behind. But that changed when Victor began to feed on all the fighting and saw women as the true prize for all he did. Then it came to a boiling point when they faced off with their unit and was at gun point.

But they didn't die.

And next came Striker.

Him coming at the right time never seemed to cross neither of their minds. As long as they weren't kept in a holding cell was all that mattered. So they started to go on missions, but all that changed when they went to Africa. There, everything changed.

Having had gathered the precies rock, Striker wanted to know the source. So desperate to find out where it was, he had the team of mutants that he had founded hold a village against their will. Then when they didn't tell where the rock came from, a killing spree started.

Logan went against it and in the end, walked away.

Fast forwad to many years later, he found a new life and a woman that accepted him for who he was.

Kayla.

She was the one inspired his name, later on.

The Wolverine.

They had a nice cozy life in Canada, but that ended When Striker came wanting his help to find out who was taking out the old team of mutants that he himself created. Being who Logan was, he rejected it, but later his simple life came to an uprupt end.

It was a typical day at logging and cuttind down trees, when he caught an old familar scent.

Victor.

Rushing off, he found Kayla dead.

Allowing tears to fall from his eyes, Rogue pulled him into her arms, as the memories kept coming.

Running on adrenaline, he found Victor in a bar. They tossled and he ended up in a hospital. Once woke, he ran into Striker and took him up on his offer.

And thus the antimantium was introduced to him.

After the procedure, he over heard the scientist speaking of erasing his memory. Breaking loose of restraints and swiftly exiting, he started forward.

Everything rushed through his mind faster, but when it came down to him finding out about the island, after tracking Gambit down and having a fellow friend die from Vicor who he later found out worked for Striker, all came to a stand still.

There on the island, he found out Kayla wasn't dead, but merely another pawn to Striker. She was being used because her sister was trapped below in the cells where many other mutants were. He had a face off with Victor, that almost made him into the monster that he was made to believe. Kayla talked him out of it and he released all the other mutants.

On their way out, they ran into Striker's ulitmate creation.

DeadPool.

All the mutants that were being killed and taken from all over the world, were being used to create the ulitmate soldier. And with Logan agreeing to the antimantium earlier, he retreived his healing solution that allowed all the other powers to become knitted together.

Having the others go and find another way out, he turned his attention towards DeadPool. Later into the fight, Victor stepped in and together they defeated him.

Sometime later when he moved to leave, he caught the scent of Kayla and found her injured from a gun wound. As he carried her off, Striker came out and shot him with an antimantium bullet. Falling to his knees, he was rendered helpless. Then he was shot in the head and loss unconciousness.

When he came to, Gambit was there and helped him to leave, but as they passed the dead woman on the ground, he spoke he didn't know her.

Dropping her hand and releasing a small breath, Rogue eyed the shaking man. "Logan?"

Lifting his head to reveal freshly unshed tears, her heart broke.

Enveloping him in her arms, he buried his face in her neck and silently wept. Running a soothing hand through his wild hair, she closed her eyes. "Ah know that it hurts, but ya' needed to know what happened."

"I just....I just left her...I could of..."

"By the time ya' woke up, it would of been too late." Pulling him back to arms length, she gave him a small smile. "Don't blame yo'self, Logan. Ah know that it's hard, but ev'thang that occured, happened for a reason. You are the way ya' are cuz' of ya past. Without that, you wouldn't be the kind, nice, loyal, and loving person that ah know you are."

"I left her to die, Marie. If I could do that then, whats to say I won't do that again and even to you?"

"Because, your not the same person and you would neva' do that to me, sugar. We're a team and that won't eva' change."

Staring in her eyes, he ran a hand up her arm to her neck. Rubbing it, he slowly pulled her closer. Pausing as their lips were mere inches away, he gave her a pointed look.

Seeing the lust but most of all the love that she always wanted mirrored towards her, Rogue allowed all else to fall away. As only in that moment, it was just her and him. Mind made up, she gave him a dazzling smile and claimed his lips in a searing kiss.

Arms instantly weaving themselves around her, Logan pulled her into his lap. Nibbling on her lower lip, he pulled back and nuzzled her cheek with his nose.

Closing her eyes, she sighed. Feeling his hands in her hair and tugging her to look at him, she froze at the question he asked.

"Do you still love me?"

"Ah...Ah uh..."

"Marie," his low voice rang, as his fingers caressed her scalp. "Do you love me?"

Staring in his dark brown hues, she felt all her defenses fall. "Yes and ah always will."

Smiling, he gave her pouty lips a chaste kiss. "Good, cause the feelings mutual." And with that, they both became lost to eacg other's touch.
***************************
Yeah I know that it's short, but tell me what you think....and here's a hint. The more reviews I get, the quicker I update.
Chapter 8 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 8~

Seeing the large hand coming her way, she dodged to the left. Coming to her feet, she missed the foot huvering above her.

"Phase Kitty! Now!" Bobby yelled, as he deflected the animated Piro from punching him.

Gasping and allowing her power to take her, she sighed in relief as she passed right throught it.

Shaking his head at the two who always looked out for the other, Logan was soon brought out of his thoughts, as a scream sounded on his left. Blocking Mystic's high kick, he quickly back handed her, and rushed over.

Being slammed into a tree, Rogue couldn't contain the scream that tore from her throat. Falling to her hands and knees, coughs started to befall her. Hearing rapidly moving footsteps approach her, she lept to her feet and balled two fists.

Shkkk!!!

Staring at her miniture claws poised at his throat, Logan raised an eyebrow. "You still..."

"Yeah." She replied, dropping her hands and giving a cough. Looking past him towards Mystic and Sabortooth coming their way, she frowned. "Looks like we have company."

Following her gaze, he nodded. "So it seems." Chancing a glance at her small claws, he cleared his throat. "Know how to use them?"

Smirking, she sheathed two on her right hand and left the middle one up. "Ofcourse, ah learned fro' the best."

Laughing, the two launched an attack on the two rivals nearing them.
*****************************

"Rogue, I do not believe you told that you still have Logan's mutation." Charles stated, an hour later, when all were in the briefing room.

Giving a lazy smile, she ran a hand through her hair. "Ah kinda' forgot to mention it."

"Forgot or didn't want to mention it?" Logan voiced, from his seat across from her.

"Both...Ah don't use the claws unless ah have no choice...and when ah tend to use them, my inner Wolverine takes control."

"That would explain how insync you both were." Ororo added, as she sipped her tea. "You both moved with such grace, but at the same time it was wild. Every movement you made Rogue was...it was..."

"Very graceful." Gambit stated, beside her. Wrapping an arm about her shoulders, he smiled. "You have a way about you that comes off wild, yet gracefull all together. And Gambit likes, and he likes alot."

Clearing his throat, Charles regained their attention. "Rogue, how much hand-to-hand training have you taken?"

"None."

"Excuse me? If you didn't take it, then how did you..."

"Logan's memories. Ah don't have to tap into them, but when ah get in certain situations, the Wolverine will take ova'."

"Then I recommend that you take some training."

"Ah'm fine, professor. Ah don't need..."

"I would feel much better if you did. The Wolverine inside your head may choose to not aid you in an instance and..."

"He would always come to ma' side, no matter what. Even if ah don't want it. He gives me advice sometimes or just lends an ear. It's like ah got ma' own personal friend in ma' head."

Gambit groaned. "Please don't say that, ma'chere. That makes Gambit queezy, cuz' you have another man in ya' head."

Laughing, Bobby shook his head. "You should've been here years ago when she had several. That would've driven you crazy."

"Just like finding out ya' boyfriend of two years cheated with yo' so called best friend?" Rogue rather coldly spat.

Promptly closing his mouth and removing his arm from around Kitty's shoulders, he fell silent.

Hank frowned. "I see someone still holds a grudge."

Coming to her feet, Rogue glared across the table at him. "Got something to say, fuzz ball?"

"No, but it's a shame that you three can't be that close anymore."

"Close...Ah gave my all to a boy who turned around and slept with my so called best friend who ah saw as a sista'. If ah don't want to be bothered with neither of them, then please, forgive me."

"Rogue, don't take your anger out on Beast." Kitty voiced, standing.
"I deserve it, not him."

"Yeah, ah know that, but if ah get a hold of you, ya' won't come out alive."

Shkk!!!

Placing both hands on the table, her voice lost all emotion.

"Like ya' always told me, you feared to be gutted inside out. Don't tempt me to make that come true."

Instantly paling, she fell back into her seat.

"Rogue, that is enough." Charles barked, eyeing her. "You get control of your self right this..."

"She is in control." Gambit stated, watching as she retook her seat. "That wasn't the Wolverine nor the Pheonix. That was all Rogue."

Calling the claws back, she sighed. "Ah'm sorry proffessor, for ma' out burst, but somethings still get under ma' skin."

"I uh...I understand." Clearing his throat, he turned the convensation back over. "Now, about the training..."

"If you really want me to do it, ah will. But at times during a fight, ah might become lost to the Wolverine and ma' claws may come out." She stated, in her soft and seductive southern drawl.

Nodding, his gaze moved towards Logan. "Do you think that you can make time for her, after your classes?"

"I might be able to."

"Good." Facing Rogue, he smiled. "Then your training shall begin today, whenever he is free and..."

"Noon....I'll be free around noon." Logan added.

"Noon then...your training can be at noon today. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah. Ah'll be free and..."

"But ma'chere, we have plans." Gambit voiced.

"We can always reschedule and...."

"Just not at noon. That will be the time for training now on." Logan's hard voice sounded.

"Then I will have to see when the theater has a later show for that play."

Smiling, she kissed his cheek. "Thanks for understanding."

He merely shrugged.

"Then it's all settled then. Noon training shall begin...you are all dismissed and free to go on with your regular schedules."

Watching as all left, Logan grabbed Scott and shuved him back into his seat.

"What now?"

"I slept with her."

"Who?"

"Marie."

Scott shook his head. "What the hell is the matter with you? She's with Gambit and..."

"She showed me my past and I was a nervous wreck. She was there and we just..."

He held up his hands. "Okay, I get the idea. No need to share the details. It's going to be awkward when you two train, ya' know?"

"I know."

Sighing, Scott folded his arms. "You want her to be with you, don't you?"

"Oh, jezz, what could've gave you that idea?" Logan bit out.

"Well, I told you what to do and you didn't wait for your chance to..."

"Rogue said she loves me."

Choking on air, Scott eyed him. "Come again?"

"She loves me." He repeated.

"Did she say that during..."

"No...before. And the night she came back, she about confessed then, but that damn Cajun interupted."

"Damn...Well, all I can say is, don't get caught. And by the heavens, don't mess around with her until her and him are over. Cuz' she will be the one hurting more than anything. Her heart will eat away at her for hurting Gambit to follow said heart."

Nodding, the two went their seperate ways.
***********************************

Hearing the sound of footsteps, he turned and froze.

Droping her towl and bottle of water on the bench, she softly paded over towards him. Wiggling her toes in the grass, she raised an eyebrow. "Wha' wrong, sugar?"

"Where in the hell is yo' clothes?" He barked, eyeing her flat stomache and round breast. "You don't train in..."

"Ah do, Logan. Ah'm just like you there. Ah don't like to wear shoes and less, the better movement ah can do." Tying her hair up and allowing her streaks to frame both sides of her face, she smirked. "So, where do we begin?"

Growling in the back of his throat and forcing his eyes from her sport's bra, he motioned her over. "I want to first see what you can do, since ya' said you fight off my memories."

"So basicly, your jus' going to sharpen me up to be more like you?"

He nodded.

"Ah don't know about that...ah fight the Wolverine in ma' head all the time when it comes to fighting. And if ah feed him, he'll..."

"You will also learn a stronger form of meditation, that will help you to contain him." Reaching out a hand and placing it on her stomache, where three light markings laid, he frowned. "You still have them."

"Yeah...they jus' didn't want to go away." Placing a hand over his, she smiled back in his dark brown hues. "Jus' like a certain person, that always stayed in ma' heart."

"Marie..." His husky voice rang, as he lowered his head to claim her lips.

Turning her head and taking a step back, she faced the figure nearing them. "What's wrong, Jubilee?"

Coming to a hault before her, she sighed. "It's Dr. Rayson. He's here and looking for you."

"Wha? When did he arrive?" She demanded as she took off in a dead run for the briefing room. "Ah shuda' sensed him and..."

"He had to hide his presence, because the Brotherhood is after him." Scott replied, as all three entered the room.

Pausing, her gaze moved towards the tall and muscular man who bore scars over his body. Quickly moving to his side, she frowned. "Mystic?"

"Yes."

"Where's the team? Are they here with you and..."

Smirking, he nodded. "I knew you would want them. Their exploring the mansion. So I take it, you want to launch an attack on them?"

Growling, she balled a fist. "That woman doesn't deserve to live, after wha' she did to Mist."

Jubilee frowned. "Chicky, don't blame yourself for her dieing and..."

"If it wasn't for me going after Sabortooth, she would still be..."

"You gave her an order and she didn't listen." Dr. Rayson's stern voice sounded, demanding all attention. "Mist was still angered that you took over the team after her being rendered incompetent to lead them. You are the leader of that unit and she decided to go against your order for her to aid the kids to the jet. She may have died, but the kids that you saved and risked your very life for, are more than thankful." Pausing and reaching into his pocket, he placed a bracelet on her wrist. "Ang wanted you to have this."

Fingering it, her eyes watered. "She's awake?"

"Yes. She happened to awaken just yesterday afternoon and was asking for you."

"Is she..." Pausing and taking a big wiff of the air, she looked towards the entrence. "Ang."

Smiling the small six year old burst into a fit of speed. Laughing as she caught her and fell against the table, Rogue happily hugged her. Closing her eyes and running her hands through her hair, she started to shake.

"I missed you, Roguey." Her small and squeeky voice sounded.

"And ah missed you, lil' bit." Pulling back and fingering the necklace around her small neck, Rogue smirked. "Ah see someone still has my chain on."

Blushing, she grabbed the dog tags in clear view. "And you still have the Wolverine's on."

Laughing, she eyed a confused room of people. "This is Angela. She and ah have been kinda' attached to the hip, since ah saved her. She was in a mild coma when ah left."

Ororo nodded. "She kinda' resembles you and..."

"She can absorb people traits through her skin like mine, but her power is more like Mystic's." Dr. Rayson replied, taking a seat. "Since that day Rogue saved her, Ang refuses to allow her traits to fade."

"But she looks kind of like..." Pausing and looking towards the man with chops and folded arms, Bobby fell silent.

Placing Ang down, Rogue smiled. "Ang has the ability to go into the human mind and see a person's inner desi...uh, ah mean happiest moments." She finished, as Jubilee gave her a raised eyebrow. Ignoring it, she was soon facing a frowning Gambit.

"Gambit isn't a happy moment for you, ma'chere?"

"You are, but uh...Logan and ah have history and ev'thang that led up to today, wouldn't have been possible if he didn't take a chance and help a hitchhiker out." She calmly replied, as her mind was screaming that was a bold face lie.

"But you and I have been together for years, ma'chere? Why can I not be a happy moment in your life?"

"You are."

"If I were, then why does she look the way she does?"

"Is that wha' this is about? Her taking after Logan?"

"No...But the fact that after all that we have been through, I am not good enough be a happy moment in yo' life and..."

"He is the reason why ah'm here and without him, ah wulda' died back on Statan Island. So forgive me if ah hold him in a higher light and..." Eyes going wide as flames raced up her figure, her gaze landed on Dr. Rayson. "Something is wrong." Her now scratchy voice rang. "Ah feel..." Closing her eyes and floating up in the air, a bird made out of pure flames developed her.

Closing his eyes and scanning her mind, Charles frowned. "The Pheonix is angered and...I am not sure, but it despises Gambit now and..."

"No." Rogue's harsh voice sounded, as she started to ball up and tears started to course her face.

Growling and taking a step, Logan found a hairy hand upon his shoulder.

"Don't. The intensity of the flames will..."

"If I can take what Jean dished out, then I sure as hell can take this."

Beast frowned. "Logan, I know that you want to help her but..."

"She rejected me." Gambit's low voice sounded, as he nursed his badly burned hand. "She...the Pheonix denies my aid in calming it."

Dr. Rayson frowned. "This is not good. Without her having someone that can help her balance the thrall and power the Pheonix has over her, Rogue will only walk the same path that Jean once did."

"No. That can't happen." Scott's shaky voice sounded. "We already lost Jean, we can't lose another."

"And I sure ain't hell, gonna take the kid's life." Logan's gruff voice rang. "I gave my word that I would protect her, never hurt her. And I ain't gona start now." Shrugging Beast's hand off, he leapt on the table and was instantly engulfed by flames.

Feeling the heat upon his skin and the pain errupting all over, he could only push it to the side, as he slowly moved towards her. Having his skin once more peel away as he faced Jean as the Pheonix, he found himself at a loss of speed, but none the less, he pushed on.

Balling her knees further into her chest and hands on her head, she wanted to scream. Her head was ringing and her neck was on fire. Literally. Just as she moved to scream, a hand touched her back. Jumping and instantly coming out of her ball positon, she narrowed her eyes at him. Noticing who it was, she couldn't contain the relief that flooded her. Witout any thought of where or who were around them, she threw her arms around his neck and burried her face in his neck.

Wrapping his arms around her and running and hand through her now loose and wild mass of hair, Logan sighed. "It's okay, kid. I'm here."

Pulling back and staring in his eyes, her hazel one's gave a slight glow. "You promise?"

"I promise, Marie."

Smiling and pulling him closer, she gave him a light kiss on the corner of his lips. Closing her eyes and placing a hand on his neck, she sighed. Just as she lost conciousness, one word left her mouth and she collapsed into his waiting arms.

"Mine."
*****************************************

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think. And don't forget to review. The more reviews I get, the quicker I update...lol...
Chapter 9 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 9~

Catching the scent of heavy dark spices, Logan sighed. "Here to question where I stand with yo' girl?"

"No." Gambit calmly replied, taking a seat across from him. "I'm here to tell you, leave her alone."

"You have no right in saying that now, bub."

"And why do you say that?"

"She ain't in yo' room no more. She back in her own, so she free game." Taking a long swallow of his beer and finishing it, he moved for the refidgerater. "And the Wolverine never loses during a chase."

"You did years back, with Kayla."

Growling and eyeing the Cajun. "Don't you dare bring her up. She died because..."

"The Wolverine lost the chase to the angel of death." He spat, pulling a stack of cards out of his jacket. "Don't take offense, but we all lose to that son of a bitch."

Grabbing another beer, he turned and swiftly exited. Moving through the mansion and passing Jimmy changing the t.v. with a blink of the eye, he frowned. Just as he ran up the steps and turned the corner, he ran into a small body.

UMFF!!!

Pausing and looking down at the little girl, Logan raised an eyebrow. "You alright, kid?"

Slowly nodding and brushing her hair out of her face, hazel locked with dark brown. "Yes, Mr. Logan." Her small voice sounded.

Eyeing her, he sighed. "Your Marie's lil kid, right?"

"Yup."

"Looking for her, huh?"

She nodded. "Can't find her, tho'. Can you help me?"

Releasing a breath and swinging her up in his arms, he took a swig of beer. "Yeah kid. Let's go, I have things to do."

Wrapping her arms about his neck and sitting in his right arm, she smiled. "You have nice hair, like Roguey said."

"She said that, huh?" He voiced, lifting his nose and catching a frest scent.

"Yup. She said alot 'bout you, Mr. Logan. She likes you alot. I can tell."

"Is that so? What else does she say?"

"That you nice but not ev'body is as lucky to see it like she is. She said that you saved her life and she would give her last breath if you asked."

Pausing, he eyed her. "What else did she say about me?"

"Well, she said that you have the most firm butt and...."

"She told you this?"

Ang shook her head.

"Then how do you know?"

"I kinda' over heard her talking to Jubes."

"So you were ease droping and..."

"Angela?" A southern drawl sounded.

Turning, the six year old's face lit up. "Roguey!"

Placing her down and watching as she ran towards her, Logan smirked. "Careful there Marie. Someone might think the lil' bit is yours."

Picking her up, she smiled. "Ah wouldn't mind."

"Really?"

Noddidng and nudging the little one to go to Storm, her attention returned to him. "Ang is a sweet child and ah love her like she was ma' own. If otha's thank tha' she mine, then let 'em."

Taking a step and closing the distance between them, his hand at his side clasped her's. "So you want children?"

"Yeah. Ah mean, now tha' ah can finally touch and not worry 'bout ma' skin, ah would like to."

"And when would you like to get started on that?"

Eyes widdening at the double meaning, Rogue was speechless. "Logan...Ah...Ah uh..."

"There you are Rogue." Dr. Rayson stated walking over.

Hastely stepping back and forcing a smile, she faced him. "Wha' is it?"

"The team is ready to move out and we're ready to head towards London."

"London? Why there?"

"Mystic and the Brotherhood are there and to our findings, are looking for the recent mutants that were forced underground. We need to stop her before this gets carried away."

Nodding, she folded her arms. "Ah'll be ready in five."

With a small nod of the head, Logan and Rogue found themselves alone.

"So ya' running, kid?"

Eyeing him, she gave a ginuine smile. "Naw, ah be back. Just got some business over east."

Sharing her smile, he pulled her towards him and gave her pouty lips a chaste kiss. "Get going kid, you don't want to keep them waiting."

"Why do ya' call me tha'? Ah ain't no kid."

"I know. It just kinda grew on me to call you that."

Unfolding her arms, she sighed. "Neva' would of thought the Wolverine were into pet names."

Growling, he took a step, but froze as a certain scent caught his nose. Pausing and glimpsing over his shoulder, his eyes narrowed. "What do you want, boy?"

Rolling his eyes at his usual gruffness towards him, Bobby sighed. "Professor wants everybody in the briefing room."

"Messege received, now get lost, bub."

Looking past him, he frowned. "So, you finally got your Wolverine, huh?"

Clearly unbothered by his comment, Rogue moved towards him. "Still jealous, afta' all these years?" Voice turning cold, her eyes gave a lite glow. "How pitiful, ice sickle. You need to get ova' it, ya' know? Cuz' you could neva' compare to somethang, you can neva' become."

"And what's that?" He bit out, with an attitude.

Taking a step and smiling, she closed the distance between them. Smirking all the while, she rubbed her lips across his cheek.

Eyes widdening as that oh so familar pull of his life force from the inside out began, Bobby tried to move away. But he couldn't. Just as his vision started to swim, he found himself on his hand, and knees panting for oxygen.

"A man, for one who can touch me and not fear being drained or killed. And you my sweet lil' ice sickle, feared even a mere touch." Crouching down before him, her eyes were back to normal. Reaching out and watching as he flinched, she sighed and droped her hand. "Ah would love to be yo' friend Bobby, but if ya' gonna sit in fear tha' ah gonna slip and kill ya', then get up now and walk away. Cuz' ah had pity once and don't need it now. So suck up wha' ya lost and missed out on, and cherish your life. Cuz ah ain't neva' cumn back to you." Turning to give Logan a word, she froze, as she found angry red eyes staring at her. "...Gambit..."

Stepping from the dinning rooms entrence and into the hall, the Cajun male shook his head. "What's this, ma chere? You and Gambit are ova' with now?"

Coming to her feet, she sighed. "Ah told you ah needed time and..."

"Ya' always say that, but you never take this long."

"Ah just need to find myself and..."

"Find yo'self? Do you not know who and what all you have accomplished over the last few years? Why now must you turn Gambit away?"

"Ah don't wanna' talk about it here." Turning her back, she found a steel hold upon her arm. Piviting around on the balls of her feet in clear anger, a low growl left her curled lips. "Let me go."

"No. Not until you tell me wha's so damn important to make you leave Gambit in the dirt. Gambit have done too much for you and we have been through hell and back. Gambit deserves more than a mere back turn from you and we both know this."

"Fine." Yanking free of him, she folded her arms across her chest. "Ah need time not only because how smothering you are and believe Ah'm use to it, cuz' ah am. But you forget tha' ah am more then one person. Ah have many otha' people lurking within ma' head and that's including the Pheonix...Wha' happened back in the breifing room when she cast you out, tha' was the last straw. The Pheonix hates you Gambit, for all the pain tha' you cause me and restraining her. Wheneva' Ah'm near ya, she goes wild in ma' head and wishes for ya' death."

"But that is not possible."

"There are otha' means of hurting you then physical violence...Ah have too many people in ma' head talking ill of you and it's honestly starting to get to me. And the arguing ain't helping. Ah jus' need space and right now, tha' means we're on a break."

"You don't love Gambit no more?"

Closing her eyes, she sighed. "Ah uh...ah have to go and pack...Ah'll see you when ah get back." Turning, she walked off.

Weezing and coming to his feet, Bobby shook his head. "The...profess ...or, wants us...in the briefing..."

"I know kid. Save ya' damn breath." Gambit bit out, as he and Logan went their seperate ways.

Coughing and eyeing the two retreating figures, Bobby sighed. "Women."
*********************************

Tying her hair up and looking over her shoulder, she frowned.

"Don't feel guilty." The short and bald female with a star tatted on her head to her left replied, placing on her gloves. "You knew Jubes needed a time out girl. Don't sweat yo' self on what was most likely gonna happed anyway."

Nodding, Rogue turned and faced all four females. "Okay, listen up. The plan changed. We're gonna split up."

"Why? We always better in numbers." The tall dark skinned chick stated, stretching like a cat. "What gives, girl?"

"Dr. Rayson thinks tha' it's betta' if ah go and track down Mystic in the center of the tunnels, as you all gather the remaining mutants, La-Breeze."

"What if somethang happens to you?"

Smiling at the petite blond, Rogue laughed. "Ah'll be fine, Honey."

Nodding, she eyed the bald woman. "Just don't pair me up with Savage."

Rolling her eyes, Savage gave her the finger. "Fuck off, you pritzy bitch."

Growling in the back of her throat, Rogue soon found four tensed pairs of eyes on her figure. "Stop with all the cat fightn'. We are here to help, not rip each otha' a new one." Sighing, she stared in calm chocolate eyes. "Savage, your with La-Breeze. And don't try to patranize her."

"I give me word I won't. But that don't mean I won't try to turn her to my side." She stated, licking her lips as she eyed the now frowning woman.

Shaking her head, her attention moved towards the quite, pale, and raven haired beauty, looking down at her feet. "Cloud? Are you alright wit' working with Honey?"

Tiltling her head and peeking through her wild mass of hair, she gave a small nod. "I would very much like that."

"Good. Savage and La-Breeze your in the west sewers and Honey and Cloud you got the east ones."

"And where are you running off to?" Savage voiced.

"Northern sewers, where Mystic should be."

"What if something happens to you? One of us should..."

"Ah'll be fine." Rogue stated, cutting her off. Nodding towards them, she leapt down the man hole and vanished from sight.
*****************************************

"That could've gone way better." Kitty complained, trying to hold her burned top together.

Stripping off his jacket, Bobby handed it over towards his girlfriend. "Stop complaining. We're all a lil' banged up here and there."

Quickly closing the shirt about her, she plopped down in her seat.

"This session in the danger room was aweful, I must say." Charles voiced, once all took their seats within the briefing room. "You all seemed to have been distracted and not working as a team as you know is needed, when you all venture out and aid our fellow mutants. Now what has caused such a rift and I want to know this minute."

Scott sighed. "Is Rogue coming back?"

Dr. Rayson frowned. "I would love to speak on behalf of her, but I honestly do not know where she will wish to remain. I sense that there is a great unease within her heart and soul. She does not know what to do and needs time to herself." Pausing, he eyed the angry Cajun. "From past experiences with her, she has acted out in small ways and becomes lost to the minds that she still carries with her to this day. One mind in particular, she is known to fall into as if automaticly and..."

"Where's the nearest cage fighting bar?" Gambit demanded, coming to his feet and eyeing the man across from him.

Raising an eyebrow, Logan appeared bored. "Why? In the mood to get yo' ass handed to you?"

"No...But Rogue tends to jump in the cage and do some damage."

Beast choked on his glass of water. "Excuse me for intruding, but did you say Rogue cage fights?"

Gambit sighed. "Yeah. Ma' chere tends to seek one out and indulges in a good twenty or thirty fights...then she gets drunk and passes out in bed. She may even smoke a cigar or two and become unruley, but it's nothing that Gambit can't take care of."

Proffessor shook his head. "I know that she finds the inner Wolverine as a friend and confident, but such actions and..."

"No offense old friend," Dr. Rayson began. "But Rogue was much more aggressive and angery, when she first arrived to live along side myself. Her temper has since calmed down and I understand where you see this new activity that she has taken up to be bad, but this is improvement from her blind anger that would put all on ends. Which always led to fights and sometimes even brawls."

"The bottom line is, we're worried about her." Kitty voiced. "Sure me and her ain't friends no more, but she is a part of this team and when she is bothered it drags the whole team down too."

"The kid will be fine." Logan's gruff voice sounded, as he leaned heavily on the wall with his arms crossed. "She may go out to blow off some steam, but she has alot on her plate that she needs to go and figure out. So let her be." Eyeing each person, his hardened gaze locked with crimson. "And as for her leaving, she's staying right here in New York."

"And how do you know this? Ma chere spoke this to you?"

"In so many words, but yes."

Gambit narrowed his eyes. "It funny how you know Gambit's girl better than he does. Makes it seem there's something else going on and..."

"Dr. Rayson! Dr. Rayson!" A shrill sharp yell sounded from the hall.

Moving to the door, he opened it and found a pale and crying Angela. "What's wrong?"

"It's Roguey."

"She's fine and..."

"NO! She hurt and needs help now, or they'll take her!" She yelled.

Swiftly and soundlessly moving from the wall, Logan approached her. "How do you know that?"

Rushing over to Charles and rapidly typing on the computer that controlled the simulater in the middle of the table. "Angela can see small glimpses of the future...Damn it! Pick up the phone!" He cursed.

"How far into the future?"

"Mystic was there and some hugh fat man. He was carring Roguey and she was all bloody." Ang exclaimed, pulling on Logan's arm. "You have to save her. You promised you would take care of her and not let her get hurt." She finished, as tears raced the course of her face.

Choked up from what she said, all the Wolverine cold do was allow her to cry in his shoulder, as all prepared to leave.

Sharing a look, Charles and Dr. Rayson glimpsed the small girl that now had taken to the rather unruly man.
**********************************

Running down the the tunnel and making a left, she froze at what met her eyes.

All around where once laid beds, crates of food, and probably laughing teens, now lay fallen bodies all over.

Quickly checking their pulse and finding a weak one, she quickly made a call and informed Savage and Cloud that they needed to make their way down there to aid them. Closing her phone and slipping it in her pocket, Rogue continued on her way.

Finding an old and rusty door, she gave pause and closed her eyes. Allowing the Wolvering to surface, she could hear voices from within.

"Tell your people to come join our army or we turn this o'slice of heaven into hell." Mystic's voice sounded.

"I...I cannot do that. These kids are her for shelter and need time to find themselves. You...you don't care about them. Leave us and allow us to live in peace." An old and gentle man stated.

"Wrong answer...Blob, kill him."

Hearing enough, she quickly rushed in the room and threw two daggers at him. "Hey! Leave 'em alone. Yo' fight is wit' me."

Looking from the daggers that narrowly missed and pierced the wall behind him, Blob frowned. "Fine then. Crush you first, then the old geezer."

Just as she moved to engage him in a fight, a mock applaud came from Mystic.

"Bravo, lil' girl. You finally grew a pair of balls. But we have unfinished business, you and I."

Narrowing her eyes, Rogue leapt at her.

Easily dodging to the left, Mystic gave a high kick for her head. Blocking it and giving a right swing, she grazed the blue woman's jaw.

Giving a backwards cartwheel, she shook her head. "Awe, did you loose your fighting skills? Cuz' someone's a tad bit rusty." She taunted, as she avoiding being tripped and back handed her.

Tasting blood, Rogue gave a small growl. "The only thang rusty 'round here, is yo' voice." Wiping the blood away, she moved to once more swing, but soon felt her skin ripping apart. Looking down, her blood was falling from the multiple slashes across her arms, hand, wrist, and neck. She could even feel her face cracking, but the aganizing shock of thunderous electricity flowing through her body, was what brought her to her knees and fighting to stay concious.

Giving a nod to the the woman behind the withering Rogue, Mystic smiled. "Good work, Static."

Nodding the blond mohock female left the small chamber.

"Grab her. We're leaving."

"What about him?"

"Knock him out. We need him to deliver a messege for the X-Men."

Nodding, Blob reached out for the cringing man.
*********************************
Tell me what you think. The more reviews the quicker I will up date.
Chapter 10 by inugoddesschild
~Chapter 10~

Standing, he growled.

"We'll find her, Logan." Storm stated, as Kitty and Beast saw to the now waking man.

"And how long will that take until she's safe in my arms and in my bed?" Turning, he left.

Gasping, she gave Cyclops a confused look. "Did he just say 'in his bed'?"

"Yeah." He replied, with a sigh.

"You don't seem shocked as I am. You knew about this?"

"Let it go, Storm. It't not the time nor place."

Hesitantly nodding, she moved towards the now talking man.

"The blue woman, she wanted me to...to deliver a messege for the X-Men." He voiced, as Beast helped him to his feet.

Kitty smiled. "Then your in good hands, cuz' we're the X-Men."

"Then you need to hurry and go to the Rocky mountains, where your frind is being kept. She also said, bring the Shell?"

"Shell? What shell?" Cyclops voiced.

"She said that Charles would know?"

Giving a nod towards Beast, he helped the man out into the tunnels.

"This isn't good. Megnito has his powers back and now that he has Rogue he might try to..."

"He won't do that." Gambit stated, carrying an unconcious child. "He has something bigger planned than what happened back on Staton Island. Gambit can tell you that."

Storm frowned. "Beast said that they were all given a low amount of electricity, but Charles does not recall a mutant with that gift."

"Well, what eva' happened, they're all out cold."

"Are the others who were unconious okay?"

"Yeah. Some of them woke up and are bording the two jets as some are being transported. They also..."

"Can we hurry this shit up, so we can get Marie?" Logan growled, from the entrence, with a teen boy in his arms. "She don't got all day until they start poking her. So let's go."

Watching as he once more turned his back, Storm moved to say something to Gambit.

Already two steps ahead of her, Cyclops ordered him to return to the jet. Turning on her, he shook his head. "Stay out of it, Storm. This is between Rogue, Gambit, and Logan. And if you feel tempted that you will talk, I will not hesitate to have you replaced on this mission."

Narrowing her eyes, she frowned even more. "You wouldn't dare. Charles would not..."

"If you open your mouth, the team will only become more shattered and right now, we can't handle that. And don't forget that we have Rogue and her safety to think about."

Lowering her head, she nodded. "Fine. I won't say nothing,but I will not make any promises for when the mission is over."

"Whatever. Do what you want. Get involved, but I'll tell you it's stressful. Yet I think you may already know that and..."

"Can we get a move on?"

Turning and finding an even more enraged Logan glaring at them, they gave a nod.
***********************************

Feeling a cool breeze run over her skin, Rogue moved to ball up.

But couldn't.

Eyes snapping open and finding herself in her bra and panties and chained to a metal table, she froze as Logan's memories came rushing back.

"Calm now, little one." A thick English accent sounded.

Paling and blood running cold, she stared into crimson eyes.

"Come now. I have of yet to do you harm, do not fear me."

"You're the one tha' got me chained in the nude. Wha' am ah 'pose to think?"

Sinister just shook his head. "If you were free, you would no doubt, not allow what is to befall you."

"Which is?"

Moving towards her and uncovering the tray, he smiled. "I need tissue samples from you and blood work." He replied, taking a needle and nearing her arm.

Eyes going wide, she started to tug at the chains restraining her.

"Calm down, Rogue. I am simply gathering my payment." Tightening the chains so she couldn't move, he inserted the needle. "If you wish to be angry, your anger is directed at the wrong person."

"And who should tha' be?" She bit out, between clenched teeth.

Placing the needle down and retreiving another, he continued to draw her blood. "Your partner, Gambit."

"Gambit? Why does this envolve me?"

"You see, back in the 18th century, I gave him my assistance to stop the current Theives' Guild from revealing Apocalypse's secrets to Candra. In return for my aid as well as helping him lessing his mutant power so he could cope, I spoke that if he bares or parnters up with a mutant that I saw as a worthy specimen, that I had free reign to abstract DNA samples for an experiment. And you my dear, is that partner." Placing the third needle down with blood, he retreived one with clear liquid. "Now, I know that you have the Wolverine's healing agent within your body, but I would rather you not feel any pain for what is to come next."

"Pain? What are you...AHH!!!!" She screamed, throwing her head back and feeling tears prick her eyes.

Slowly pulling the rather long needle out of her her, he sighed. "I apologise for the discomfort that caused you, but that was needed to numb you for what is next."

Laying flat upon the table once more, she blinked the remaining tears away. "How did ah end up here wit' you, when the Brotherhood kidnapped me?"

Brushing her hair out of her face with his hand, Sinister sighed. "You are very talkative, Rogue, but I shall indulge such questions. The Brotherhood wished to use one of my clones for her power of electricity and..."

"She's to blame for this." She growled.

"Actually, if it was not for her, Mystic would've forgot the agreement that was made and killed you. She was there to see that you were handed over to me in one piece. But I do apologise for the inital shock. She has yet to actually control the voltage she dishes out."

"Why are you now emotional? Ah thought you were cold and..."

"Many things have changed, but not my love for science and mutant genes. Let us just say, that I am not alone and I am finally gaining a simbalance of humanaity. It is not much, but my partner is patient and teaching me." Pausing, he pinched her stomach. "Did you feel any pain, just now?"

"No."

Smiling and retreiving a surgical knife off the table, he politely cut her open.

Watching as he sliced her flesh, Rogue soon feinted.
********************************

Watching as all the teens slowly walked into the living room and sat down or explored, Charles led the X-Men to his office. Situating himself at his desk, he frowned. "From what Beast told me on the phone, three of the teens are injured and need treatment right away. Were there any deaths among all the teens?"

Storm folded her arms. "Yes...a small boy no older than seven."

"What caused this?"

"Some elecrical current that mostlikely passed through the water. Who ever it is that did this, does not have alot or any control what so ever."

He sighed. "I shall make prepreations for a proper burial...What news is there on Rogue?"

"She's in the Rocky Mountains and we need to get a move on." Logan growled. "So hand over this Shell so we can bring her home."

He paled. "Mystic wants the Shell?"

"Yes."

"I am sorry, but that is not something that can be done. We must find another way to retrieve Rogue."

"What the hell! Ma chere is in series danger and you care more for this Shell thing, than my woman?" Gambit exclaimed.

"It is not that simple."

"Then make it simple. And do that now." Logan demanded, as he and the Cajun glared at him.

"The Shell is not something that can be bargined with, no matter what. The Shell is to be an other worldly object and it has great power. Many years ago before I founded this school for the gifted, myself and Eric came across it. We swore to the guardians with their last breath that we would keep it safe and not speak of it. But I will tell you this, you may have felt true fear on Staton Island, but if Eric gets a hold on the shell, there will be no more humans. Just as I am able to track all as well as mutants with Cerebro, the Shell will do more then that. It will erase them from existence." Sighing, he faced to two enraged men. "I know that you both are angered and wish for Rogue's safety, but the Shell must remain and we must find another way to save her."

"Then what's the grand plan, wheels?" Logan growled, moving towards him. Allowing Scott to hinder him, he settled for a cold stare. "Because if you say you don't know, I'm out of here and finding Marie. With or without your help."

Charles frowned. "The Shell could be imitated, but if Eric is there in the Rocky Mountains awaiting for us to drop it off, then he will injury Rogue. He knows of the true strength behind it and he will know right off the back if it's a fake."

"So what are you saying?" Kitty voiced, as Bobby pulled her to his side. "That we sit back and wait until he just tires of her and hands her back? No offense Proffessor, but he won't do that."

"I know, but our best shot is creating an imitation of the original Shell."

"And how long will it take, till we can get ma' chere?" Gambit demanded, with a lesser tensed voice.

"Two...three hours tops. Me and Beast will get started on it right away."

Nodding, Logan stalked off.

Sharing a look with the Charles which earned a nod of the head, Scott took up behind the angered Wolverine.
**********************************

"How is she?" A cold voice stated, entering the room.

Going still and keeping her eyes closed, Rogue listened in as the two soon came to a disagreement.

About her none the less.

"Fine. Her vitals are strong and she is healing as she should be." Placing a blanket over her, Sinsiter frowned. "What has brought this sudden visit on? I gave you Clone 1058 to aid you and Mystic has brought me the girl. She is mine to do with as I wish. Or have you forgotten?"

Magneto narrowed his eyes. "And what do you have planned for your lil' guest?"

"That was not part of our agreement, of what I shall do to her. She is now under my care and none of your concern."

"You plan on releasing her and letting her return to the X-Men?"

Silence.

"I did not come to you and hand her over to only have her back with the X-Men. She is too valuable to just be handed back. If you do not see Rogue as an asset and wish to use her, then I shall take her off your hands." Turning, he moved to take a step, but paused, as five clones appeared. "You wish to use them to stop me?"

Unfastening the manickles around Rogue's wrist and legs, Sinister pulled her into his arms. "No. But they shall be efficent and slow you down. For I gave my word to another for something else and you wish to go back on your own. I may not be evil and I sure am not good in any light, but honor plays high in my world." Creating a portal behind him, he gave a tight smile as two females came to his sides.

Eyeing the one with the blond mohock, Magneto shook his head. "Static sworn to aid me, you fool."

Sinister, raised an eyebrow. "She is a clone and serves under me. She will never turn her back and join another, when it is I who gives her freedom and life."

"We need to go." The other woman at his right stated, in a soft voice.

"Of course, my love."

Crinkling her brow, curiousity won out and Rogue turned to find kind grey hues staring down at her.

Smiling, the woman brushed a stran of raven locks behind her ear. "Nathaniel, we must flee now. The clones will not be able to hold him off long."

Nodding Sinister ushered her within the portal and quickly followed, which Static with no hesitation did the same.

Watching as the debris continued to come his way, Magneto released a defening roar of out rage, as the metal walls came flying for the clones heads. Watching as they fell to the ground, he quitely made his way out the lab.
***********************************

Slashing through the last metel door that blocked Marie's scent, Logan came to an uprupt hault. Eyeing the destruction and mess all around him, he started to shake. "She...she's not here."

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Cyclops sighed. "We had to just missed them."

"And from the look of this, its a good thing." Bobby stated, motioning towards the decapitated heads and metal sheets all over the floor. "No doubt Magneto did this. He would've..."

"Sinister." Gambit bit out, picking up the discarded blue cape from the floor. Closing his eyes, anger took him. "Ma' chere is safe, for now, but we need to move and quickly."

Shrugging one eye's appendage off, Logan quickly released his inner beast and moved towards the now saddened Cajun. "Why the hell would Sinister have Marie?"

Eyeing the other members of the team who were waiting for an answer, he sighed. "Sinister and Gambit go way back. He aided me self in lessening my power so that I could attempt to live a normal life and came to aid me clan, many years back."

"What does that have to do with Marie? Your hiding something."

Lowering his gaze, he fell silent.

"Even if you fear how we will react, you need to tell us." Storm's soothing and loving voice sounded, as she neared him. "Rogue may not be in danger as you spoke, but sooner or later she will be and especially if Magneto is after her. Please, for Rogue's sake, tell us."

"In return for all his help, I was to able him to take whatever he wanted to study a lover of mine, if she was a powerful mutant."

Growling, Logan tangled his hands in his jacket and hefted him into the air. "You saying my Marie is now an experiment?"

He merely nodded.

Growling, he socked him one in the jaw.

Seeing this was starting to get out of hand, both Bobby and Cyclops fastened a hold on him, as he moved to leap on the now limp man, sitting on his ass.

Kneeling and placing a hand on his shoulder, Storm frowned. "Why would you make that deal?"

"I was young and I just....My powers were too strong and Gambit wanted to live a normal life, without worrying about ev'thang I touch exploding. I never thought of the woman who would fall prey to him."

Sighing, Kitty pulled out her communicater. "I'm going to call the Proffessor and have him locate Sinsiter on Cerebro."

Nodding, Cyclops fixed a tighter hold on Wolverine and dragged him back out to into the hall.

"You need to calm down. We're going to find her and..."

"How could he be so heartless and just...just make a deal with that ass of a want-to-be scientist?" He growled. "Now Marie's out there and going to get hurt for ever being involved with him. She don't deserve that."

Cyclops nodded. "I agree, but this couldn't have been helped if Gambit already agreed. This all happened years ago and..."

"I love her, just like you loved Jean. I can't lose her and not before I even had time to be with her." Logan's still gruff voice sounded, but with a twang of softness. "I lost one woman, four eyes, and I refuse to lose another. I wont. I'd rather die and give her my last breath, if I couldn't be with her. As long as Marie lives, thats all tha matters."

Nodding and allowing the tenseness that entered his shoulders as his past love was mentioned, he frowned. "That won't happen. We will find her and..."

"She is still with Gambit." A female's voice sounded, within the hall. "You need to allow them to work out their differences."

"Storm." Cyclops' tightly called.

Ignoring him, she eyed Logan. "You and Marie may have feelings for each other, but she needs someone that won't leave her and actually cares for her. Gambit may be over whelming at times, but she never has to doubt that. And with you, she would have to worry about you running off in the middle of the night and wondering if you're going to return."

Growling, he itched to bury his claws in her. "You know nothing, Ro. Marie and I are in love and..."

"Then why haven't she broken up with me yet?"

Freezing, all found a shocked Kitty, Bobby, and Nightcrawler, as one hell of an angry Cajun glared at the eqully angry male.

"She already did, bub. You just haven't accepted it."

"Ma' chere would never want anything to do with you and..."

"Then why did we make love three nights ago?"

Opening his mouth to speak, no sound came out. Eyes going wide, he moved to pounce, but froze as a beeping sounded in the quite hall.

Jumping as her cell started to vibrate. Pulling it out, she smiled. "Proffessor says she's in Okalahoma. He's going to send the cordinates to the jet."

Nodding, Logan turned on his heels and walked off. Mutely following, Cyclops grabbed Storm's arm as they were the last ones in said hall.

"What the hell was that?" He yelled.

"The truth needed to come out and..."

"And you couldn't wait until Rogue was safe and we were all back at the mansion?"

"I could've but..."

"Just know when this mission is over and Rogue's back with us, your off the team." Turning his back, he left a speechless Storm in his wake.
**************************************

Pulling her robe over her body, she sighed. "Were the chains really needed, if you are going to release her?"

Narrowing his eyes at his wife, he sat up. "Do not try to guilt me, Epi. For I have yet to develope such feelings and I do not wish to."

Sighing, she pulled her raven hair out of her face. "I'm going to see to her, Nathaniel and see if she needs anything." Pausing, she eyed him. "I do not condone what was done to her, but I understand your reason for it."

"Do you?"

"You forget to whom you speak to." Her normal soft voice was gone, as pure venom was revealed.

Quickly coming to his feet and reaching for her, she slapped his hands away. "Epi, I..."

"Didn't think of how I am effected by this, did you?"

He shook his head.

"Then get to thinking, as I see to our guest."

Watching as she swiftly left their chamber, Sinster summoned his robe from the floor and proceeded to the bathing quarters. "When can I ever be right, dealing with her?" He mumbled, cutting the shower on.
**********************************

Feeling the metal bite into her wrist once more, she groaned.

Okay, mayby this was an improvement from the cold steel lab table, but she rather do without the chains though. At least she was clothed and sitting on an actual bed in a room. Just as she moved to lay back down, the door to her room creaked open. All senses alert, she froze as the woman nearing her gave a friendly smile.

"I am terribly sorry for all of this." Her soft voice sounded. "But I wish for you to understand why Nathaniel acted in such a way." Pausing a few inches from her, she retracted a small key. "I wish to explain all that has happeneded, but you must promise to not use your power on me."

Nodding, Rogue soon found herself unchained. "Does he know tha' ya' here?"

Shaking her head, she handed her a ribbon for her hair. "No. And if he did, he would no doubt catch a fit."

Tying her hair back, she slowly stood from the bed. "Now, care to explain why Sinsiter cut me open?"

"I can do better than that. I shall show you." Turning, she led her from the room and into the massive hall.

Pausing and eyeing all the paintings and sculptures, Rogue gaped. "Who...where are we?"

"We are in the Oklahoma estate." Pausing at the end of the hall, she smiled. "By the way, I'm Epilona."

Returning it, she raised an eyebrow. "Forgive ma' bluntness, but are you and Sinsiter...uh...married?"

Nodding, she laughed. "Yes. Me and Nathaniel have been so for the last three years."

"You know he's a mutant, right?"

"Yes."

"And his sick love for science and mutant genes?"

Again she nodded.

"So wha' he does to mutants and jus' did to me, didn't bother you?"

Sighing, she motioned for her to follow her down the next two halls and down a flight of stairs. Making a left and pausing before a pair of double doors, she faced her. "I never accepted my husbands twisted mind in the science field, but if it wasn't for it, he would be dead. Nathaniel has lessened his madness and all of it is dedicated to him."

"Who?"

Pushing the door open to reveal a young child hooked up to multiple machines, Rogue couldn't breathe.

"Meet Daniel, our son."
***********************************
Yeah I know you all are like where did Sinister come into this, but I had to turn Rogue against him so she finds comfort in Logan's arms. And I just always liked Sinister. Oh, by the way, his real name is Nathaniel Essex and I know that he really isn't a mutant but he was experimenting with genes and what not, but I wanted to kind of play off of that.

Tell me what you think of the latest twist and your thoughts on Storm and her involvemnet on the whole Gambit/Logan/Rogue situation.
Chapter 11 by inugoddesschild
Author's Notes:
This is the last chapter and so tell me what you think. Also look out for my next story coming soon.
~Chapter 11~

Watching as both men glared at the other, she shivered. "Tell me again why I have to be inbetween them."

Sighing, Scott continued to view the ranch style house before them. "Kitty, we can't have one of them dead or..."

"And he's not talking about me, bub." Logan growled.

Gambit merely raised an eyebrow. "Then let us see of the mighty Wolverine can survive his body exploding."

"Men please. Stop behaving like children and be men." Storm voiced, as she helped to bring the jet down onto the barren field. "We need to focus on Rogue and..."

"Just shut-up, Ro." Both Logan and Gambit bit out.

Shaking his head, Scott sighed. "We're down, now let's go get Rogue." Opening the hanger, all slowly and stealthly exited the jet.

Just as they made across the field and moved to enter the house, the door opened.

"X-Men, ready your selves." Scott called, as his hand went to his visor.

Tilting his head, a now freshly clothed Sisnister frowned. "And here I thought to let you all enter my home without a fuss." Pausing, his gaze landed on Gambit. "Hello, old friend. I just wish to say thanks for all your contribution has brought me." Stepping back, he waved his hand in a friendly jesture. "Please, do come in. Rogue dearly wishes for your companionship."

"What have you done to her?" Logan growled, taking a step.

"Nothing, do to you and your healing agent that she has within her. I just needed a few samples, since I could not get a hold of you." Eyeing all, he sighed. "Please, I did not allow you all to enter my land, wishing to only fight. I have two important beings that resign within that I do not wish any harm to." Turning his back, he disappeared into the hall.

Sharing a look, all hesitantly and with their guard on, entered the kitchen and took up after him. A short walk down two halls and down a flight of steps, they came to an open door. As they all entered, all froze.

Including Sinsiter himself.

"Epi! What is the meaning of this?" He yelled.

Jumping the raven beauty rushed to his side and placed a hand on his chest. "It is not what you think, Nathaniel. She is merely insureing that the healing agent that you added in our son's DNA is aiding him. She has the ability to enter his mind."

"How dare you have her..."

"He is my son as well." Her once soft voice sounded, now cold as the iciest winter. "You are too fearful to trust others, but it is you who said that the X-Men would always help one in need. And Daniel needs help." Pushing him, which actually jarred him, she folded her arms. "I trust her and so shall you." With nothing more to say, she turned her back on him, and returned her attention towards the two on the bed.

With her eyes closed and her hand on the two year old's temple, Rogue seemed to ooz power. Hair flowing around her, the little boy's face changed from a stoic expression to a bright smile. Opening her eyes and retracting her hand, she found soft grey eyes staring back.

Gasping, Epi rushed over to her son. Kneeling and running her hand through his unruly mass of raven hair, she smiled. "You're woke, my little Danny."

Raising his hand, the little boy touched her face. "Mama?" His scratchy voice sounded.

"I'm here, my baby." She soothed, kissing his head.

Knowing the two needed a moment, Rogue slowly stood from her position on the bed. But once she tried to take a step, she lost her balance.

OMFF!!!

Looking up and finding watery crimson eyes staring down at her, she froze.

"Thank you." Sinister voiced, as he supported her weight. "Daniel has been deep in slumber for the last three months. This is the first time that he has awoken and...Thank you."

Nodding, her gaze turned towards the others. Giving a weak smile, she eyed them all. "Hey ya'll."

Taking a step both Gambit and Logan gave each other a raised eyebrow.

Sighing, Scott walked over and gathered her in his arms. "I'll take it from here, guys."

Being developed in his arms, Rogue frowned. "What's going on with them two?"

"Let's just say, cat's out the bag. A lil' white fured cat meowed."

Paling and looking from and sad Storm to the two men, she burried her face in his chest. "Is there any way ah can wake up and this could be a ni'mare?"

"Sorry darling. Your luck ain't that good." Logan voiced.

Turning and finding him right beside her, she froze. Staring in his eyes, she saw the silent question he dared not to voice. Without any words, she reached over and allowed him to hold her tired body. Closing her eyes and not wishing to see Gambit's heart broken eyes, she allowed sleep to claim her.

Standing and holding Daniel's hand Epi, smiled. "Rogue said that there was a mutant that could help our son. I...I wish to see this man called 'the Proffessor'?"

Sinsister frowned. "Epilona we don't need..."

"We don't need his help, but our son does, Nathaniel. If this will help him fight whatever it is thats killing him, then I want to talk with him." Voice hardening, she tilted her head. "And this not an option. I'm telling you, Daniel and I are going to meet with this man. With or without your asistance."

Nodding, he faced a baffled Scott. "Tell Xavier to have two rooms ready by noon tomorrow."

"But...But how will you get there?"

"I will create a portal."

"You never been there and..."

"Beast's lab in the sub-basement, is where we shall enter through."

Eyes wide, he gasped. "Your the one who been stealing equipment and..."

Nodding, his gaze landed on Rogue. "When she awakes, tell her that I am forever in her debt. If she needs anything, I will not refuse her."

"As well as myself." His wife stated, sitting on the bed with her son in her lap.

Nodding, Scott led the team back to the jet. Which only seemed more ackward, now that Rogue seemed to have made her decision as of where her heart stands.
**********************************

Rolling Dr. Rayson's words in her head, she felt a headache coming on.

Just as she was turning the corner, she paused as the briefing room doors stood before her. Folding her arms, she frowned.

"You cannot ignore him forever."

Turning and finding Kitty, she lowered her gaze.

"Hey, I know that we're not on the best of terms, but you need to talk to him. The longer you put it off, the more it's going to hurt."

"Talking from expierence?"

She nodded.

"Was it this hard, when you were sleeping with Bobby behind my back?"

Gasping she found doughy brown hues eyeing her. "You have no idea. But yes, it was so hard. I knew that he had my heart and yours, but I just...I couldn't bring myself to tell you. Then when it came out..."

"You wished that you did?"

Sighing, Kitty nodded. "Yeah, but your situation is kind of different from mine."

"How so?"

"Well, for starters, Logan kind of already had dibs on you and Gambit been knew. After the Proffessor tracked him down for Logan to talk to him, you kind of came up and he took an intrest in you." Pausing, she smirked. "Logan about blew a casket and killed him then and there. Luckily Scott was there and stopped that from happening."

"So that's when they stopped fighting and became friends?"

She nodded. "It was strange at first. We all thought that one of them would turn and kill the other. But they didn't."

Facing her, Rogue gave her a true smile. "Oh, congrad Mrs. Drake."

Eyes widdened, Kitty was speechless. "You knew and..."

"Ah may still be pissed at wha' all went down years ago, but ah won't be cold for no reason. But know that we will never be close and ah have no trust for you as before."

"I know. And I'll earn it back."

Nodding, the two entered the briefing room.

Coming to his feet, Bobby eyed the two women.

Exchanging a smile, both went to their lover. Kissing his lips, Kitty took her seat, as Rogue was roughly pulled into Logan's lap.

Clearing his throat, Charles sighed. "So it seems that there is love her and..."

"Actually, Gambit has a conffession that needs to be heard."

Pausing, he gave him a small nod.

Standing and facing Rogue, he gave a low smile. "You once questioned me why Gambit always vanished and disappeared, well, the truth is ma' chere...that I am wedded to Bella."

Eyes wide as saucers, she found herself fighting against the metel hold around her waist. "You are such a motha'fuckn liar! You dare make me feel guilty when it was ya' ass who is married!"

"I was going to divorce her, but she is expecting and..."

"Oh let me go, sugar! Ah gonna rip him a new one!"

Shaking his head, Charles merely sighed and looked to a smirking Dr. Rayson. "Is this normal for you?"

He nodded.

"How do you deal with it?"

"Their young. Let them work it out. Rogue has a strong man by her side that I actually see as her equal and one who will stay by her side." Shifting gears, he cleared his throat. "Rogue, I need an answer from our earlier convensation."

Allowing her anger to subside for the moment, she sighed. "Ah'm going to stay here at the institue with the Proffessor and..."

RAM!!!

Turning, all found the door boucing off the wall, as a teary eyed Angela running in the room. Moving towards her, she grabbed her hand. "Don't leave me again Roguey!" Her trembling voice sounded.

Kneeling and running a hand through her hair, she frowned. "What's all this about?"

"I know you want to stay. Please don't leave me again. Your just like my momma, before she found out I was a mutant. I can't lose another momma."

Smiling and picking her up, she smiled. "If you would've allowed your gift of forsight to guide you, you would've known that I wanted to keep you here with me, Ang."

Face instantly brightening, she hugged her as she cried out of joy.

Rubbing lil bit's back, Logan retracted a small velvet box from his pocket. "Guess this is the right time for this then." Opening it and dropping to a knee, he gave Rogue a wolfish smile. "Kid, we been through heaven and hell, but it's always been you who had my back and these last few weeks, my heart." Scratching his head, he gave a small nervous laugh. "I was uh...wondering if ya..." Looking up in her smiling eyes, he cursed. "Ah hell, darling. Anna Marie will you merry this ruff neck of a brute that I at times can be?"

"Yes."

Sliding the ring on her hand, he pulled her and the lil bit into his arms and kissed her for all it was worth. As at the same time, Angela was giggling in between the two.

Laughing, Scott shook his head. "Leave it to him to take the most imortant day of a woman's life and scramble it up. Only he could pull off a purposal like that and not get rejected."

Charles laughed. "Quite the contrary. The wedding day is the most important day of her life. And if he messes that up..."

"He's bird food." Angela finished, which all couldn't help but to fall into a fit of laughter at.

Pulling her into his arms and wrapping the other around his fionce, Logan smirked. "So, what was it that you wanted to say again Chuck?"

"Nothing...it can wait till tomorrow. After all, we're a real team for once and we need to celebrate." Raising his glass of water, he smiled. "Congrads Rogue and Logan. May the future hold lesser struggles and bliss that even the gods would envy."

Raising their glasses, all shared in the toast.

Standing, Dr. Rayson smiled. "And cheers to love today and the fight tomorrow."

"Now, I'll toast to that." Scott stated and downed his water.
*********************FIN***********************

Thanks for reading and I know that it just suddenly came to an end, but I will start on another story soon. It may continue or not, I not sure now but tell me what you think and thanks for reading.!!!!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3553