Commitment by SummerSky, Moviemom44
Summary: Logan and Marie start to find happiness. Finding a way part9
Categories: AU, X3 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Finding a way
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 463 Read: 2128 Published: 10/29/2009 Updated: 10/29/2009
Story Notes:
Give a beta reader an inch and they'll take a mile but hang on 'cause the ride is worth it.

1. Chapter 1 by SummerSky

Chapter 1 by SummerSky
Author's Notes:
Well this was requested by Moviemom44 and then during the Beta she made it even better. So this is for her with heart felt thank.
I love the way Logan wakes me up every morning. Normally, he covers me in kisses, but this morning, he hurried me out of bed, saying we had to be 'ready'.
"Ready for what?" I asked and proceeded to get the shock of my life.
"Our commitment ceremony."
I felt like someone had hit me with a brick. I must have looked like it, too, because Logan reached out to hold my elbow to steady me.
"Surprise. 'Ro and Jubes helped me plan everything. I knew we had to hurry alittle because of your Mom, so-"
Before he could finish, 'Ro came sweeping in and whisked me off to a salon to be pampered and primped in true bridal ffashion. When we got there, Jubilee and Mom were already there. After two hours of the royal treatment, I hardly reconized any of them, let alone myself.
I was worried about the dress. What woman wouldn't panic at the thought of Logan picking out a dress for something important? His favourite material is leather and no matter how much I love him this dress aint going to be leather. Thankfully, 'Ro had a selection of dresses for me to chose from. The one I picked was made of ivory silk and looked like a nightgown. Lets face it, all the big stuff thats happened to us has happened with me wearing a nightgown, so it seemed fitting.
When we got back to the mansion, it was time for the ceremony. I walked down the asile with my mother beside me. I am so glad she could be here for this, so pleased that Logan knew how much I would want her here with me today. I know she doesn't have much time, but when I look at the photographs of this day she'll be there smiling for me. She gave me away to Logan, who had shaved and cut his hair. He looked five years younger. Scott would be turning in his grave if he could see Logan in a dress shirt and pants.
We said our vows. It wasn't hard. All I have to do is look at him and I can hardly keep the words in. I promised Logan that he would never again have to feel un loved or worry he wasn't good enough. I promised he would always have a loving home with me. Logan promised to alwaysprotect me and love me 'til the end of the world. And never run without me again.
It was a good thing the celebrant said we could kiss each other when he did, because Logan had his 'we-better-find-a-damn-room-quick' look in his eyes and I knew with out looking I had my 'right-there-with-you-sugar' look in mine.
We kissed and commitment never felt so good.
End Notes:
Please read and review I beg you
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3548