Your Future I Can See by Silvereyes
Summary: Set a month after the Origins movie. Logan goes to a bar and meets a woman who sees things he could never imagine happening.
Categories: X-Men Origins Wolverine Characters: None
Genres: General
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 887 Read: 2573 Published: 08/18/2009 Updated: 08/18/2009

1. Chapter 1 by Silvereyes

Chapter 1 by Silvereyes
Author's Notes:
I was bored so I came up with this idea to link W/R to Origins.
Logan climbed off his bike and looked around. The bar parking lot looked pretty empty. He stepped towards the front doors, the snow crunching under his feet. It had only been a month since he woke up on that Island, where he had seen that woman, lying dead. She had been vaguely familiar, but he couldn’t place her face to a name.

He had felt heavy when he woke up, unnaturally so. He eventually became accustomed to the feeling, but when his claws unsheathed themselves… he just stared at them. The pain when they slid out was something he hadn’t gotten used to, and he figured he never would. He went on, day to day, living life with a healing factor, metal on his bones, and six razor sharp claws that popped out of his hands.

Logan stepped inside and the warmth hit him instantly. Drunken laughter and quiet music filled the air. The bartender looked up at him, and then snapped his fingers to a waitress who was serving a round of long-necks to a table of truckers. She nodded, glancing at Logan who was sitting down in a booth near the entrance. The waitress, Dana, walked over to his table.

“What’ll it be,” Dana asked.

“Beer,” was Logan’s answer.

Dana nodded. “Anything else?”

“No.”

“Alright, I’ll get you that right away.” Dana walked towards the bartender and put in his order. “I think he’s a mutant."

“Yeah, probably is. Their numbers are increasing around here eh,” the bartender replied. He handed Dana a Molsen. Dana knew. She didn’t just think he was a mutant, she knew. She was too, but she hid it from her boss.

“Can I take my break,” she asked.

Joe, the bartender nodded. “Yeah, but I want to see you back out there in ten minutes.” Dana glanced around the bar at alll of the empty seats, but nodded. She carried the beer back over the Logan and set it down in front of him.

“Mind if I join you,” she asked.

Logan glared up at her. “Yeah, I mind.” Dana smirked and sat down across from him. Logan gave a low growl, warning her to get her ass out of the booth. She didn’t move from her spot and just smiled at him.

“So, what can you do?”

“What?”

Dana lowered her voice. “What’s your mutant power?” Logan growled again, but didn’t answer. “Oh come on, I can tell you’re a mutant. I know these things.” Logan still didn’t give up any information. He grunted at her and gulped down half his beer. Dana sighed. “Okay… I’ll go first. My name’s Dana. I can see people’s futures… or at least important parts of their futures.” Logan just shrugged. “Now it’s your turn. Go on. I won’t bite.”

Logan was silent for a few seonds before speaking. “Name’s Logan. I heal.”

“Interesting.” Dana smiled at him. Logan shrugged again and finished his beer. He pulled out his wallet and handed her a few Canadian bills to pay for his beer. Dana stared at the money for a moment, then reached out to take it. Her fingertips brushed against his palm.

*FLASH* A girl in a dark green cloak sitting at bar is eyeing Logan. *FLASH* Logan stops his truck on an icey road and climbs out. He walks to the back of his truck and looks around, trying to find something. He sees the tarp on his trailer move slightly. He walks to it and throws it back to find the girl with the cloak hiding there. *FLASH* Logan is sitting up in bed, the girl impaled on his claws. She touches his cheek. Veins pop out on his face and he appears to be in excruciating pain. *FLASH* Him and the girl are on a train together. He has his arm wrapped around her shoulders. *FLASH* He’s holding her in his arms. She’s mot moving, not breathing. He fingers the white stripes in her hair, and then strips off his glove. *FLASH* Logan put the dogtag in her hand and folded her fingers over it. She smiled up at him and he returned it, just before turning to walk out the door. *FLASH* Dana felt love as if the feeling was her own, but really it was Logan’s.

Dana wrapped her hand around the money and pulled it towards her. She stared at Logan who was glaring at her. “What,” he asked, a growl forming around his words.

Dana shook her head, smiling slightly. “Nothing.” She stood and moved to the counter. She opened the old register and placed his money inside, and then grabbed his change. She walked back to him and handed him the money. “Logan, if you ever find a woman… don’t let her go.” With that, Dana smiled and walked off. Logan stared after her, an eyebrow raised. He stood and pocketed his change, shaking his head.

“People are crazy these days,” he muttered, walking back out to his bike. He swung his leg over and started the engine, then pulled away, unaware that Dana had seen the girl from his future that would get under his skin and melt his heart of stone.
End Notes:
Leave comments if you'd like.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3508