Small Favors by aranenumenesse
Summary: This was Hell on Earth.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Drabble
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Wasteland
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 690 Read: 2194 Published: 08/10/2009 Updated: 08/10/2009

1. Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse

Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse
Loudspeakers were silent. There hadn’t been any public announcements for two days now. Somewhere there was a glitch in the system. Rumours were spreading around rapidly, boldest of them claiming that it was the New Order of Brotherhood that had silenced the ghetto. She knew better than to believe in them. There was no such thing as NOB. It was just a silly fairytale, invented by desperate mothers who tried to give hope to children who had long ago accepted the fact that the ghetto was the whole world for them.

She was born and raised in here. Her late mother and father had been a part of extremely weak group of resistance, last vestiges of the regimen of Professor Xavier. They had been executed without a trial when she was just a kid. Now Logan was the only one left who had seen the outside world.

She often wondered what it was like for him, to be trapped up like this, with no means to escape. He kept up the facade of trying to get out, but more often his trips lead to whorehouses and bars than to the sewers where the rumoured exit, a hidden escape hatch was supposed to be.

The lack of constant noise was unnerving. At least the public service messages drowned out the everyday noises coming from the next door. Now she was forced to listen how bad it was for everybody else around. She was forced to learn how awful the life was here. Up until now she had managed to pretend that it wasn’t all that bad, but now, with her local waste disposal unit gone, Logan away, she had nothing else to do but to agree with her neighbours.

This was Hell on Earth.

And was it really any different with horns blaring and Logan engaging to a dialogue with yet another mind-bogglingly idiotic message of the day? Was it any different when she could pretend to be bored over instructions of what to do to decayed corpse of her neighbour or how to keep lice from spreading?

She lit a cigarette, hoping against hope that this time when Logan came back he’d bring her some more of those. She was quickly running out, and it was well over a week before the next package came.

Logan.

He had been gone much longer than she expected. Week, maybe two, even a whole month was acceptable and very in-schedule for him. after all, he was the Wolverine. Loner. Wanderer. But two months without checking up on her and raiding her fridge was bordering on being dead rather than just being lone ranger.

She pushed open the narrow window and sat on the sill, blowing the smoke out to the sun. Kids were playing down the street. They still had the energy to scream, laugh and run around while their parents sat at home and slowly rotted away.

Should she be worried over him? Two months was a long time to be MIA, even with Logan’s standards. Then again, he never promised to come back. He came as he pleased, and occasionally brought small treasures with him, stayed for few days, even a week. Was that really a good reason to expect him to become a permanent fixture in her life? For all she knew he could have had a wife and gazillion kids stashed away in to some shadowy corner of this hellhole.

It took him three whole months to return. She was already asleep when she felt somebody crawling on to bed with her, heavy weight pressing her against the mattress, hands parting the covers and moving her nightgown aside. Hard cock sliding over her buttocks, prodding and poking until nestling a bit lower between her thighs, head of it wedging comfortably against her rapidly slickening core.

“Got held up a bit... Brought you some smokes...” He whispered. She parted her legs slightly, granting him a better access.

“Breeding is strongly discouraged! Any pregnant mutant will be shot at sight! Get your contraceptives from the block D! Your local waste disposal unit thanks you for your cooperation!”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3499