Another Fairy Tale for Megan by tinhutlady
Summary: It's story time for Logan again.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: The Megan Stories
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 672 Read: 1862 Published: 04/13/2009 Updated: 04/13/2009
Story Notes:
Yet another G fic for Megan's little friend.

1. Another Fairy Tale for Megan by tinhutlady

Another Fairy Tale for Megan by tinhutlady
He knew he was being stalked, but he remained motionless in the chair, looking out the window as if he didn't have a clue. At the very last second, he reached out and captured the enemy and pulled her into his lap.

Megan giggled and looked up at Logan. "How do you do that?"

"Next time don't giggle so much. What are you up to, squirt?"

"I came here to find you. I need another story."

He saw the twinkle in her eye and smiled. "Now I happen to know that your parents are in town this week."

She sighed. "Yeah, but Dad's sick and Mom's trying to take care of him and I didn't want to bug her too much."

"I see." He thought for a moment. "Are you still into knights?"

"Do you know any of the Arabian nights?"

He frowned. "Geniis and sultans, right?"

"Right!"

"Great", he muttered. "You're going to have to help me on some spots."

She giggled. "Of course."

"Once upon a time…"

"Logan, they don't start like that."

"Can I make up my own beginning?"

She frowned. "Well, ok."

"Back in an ancient time, when sails crossed the seas and camels traveled the desert and sultans ruled the land, an old fisherman went to a lonely beach on the ocean to fish for food."

"Wow. That's good. I like that. Go on."

"He threw his net in the water and pulled out a…"

"Lamp."

"He figured he could fill the lamp with oil and light his little house so he kept it. As he threw his net in the water again, his foot rubbed the lamp and out came a…"

"Rabbit."

"Out came a rabbit. He pulled the net out of the water and caught the rabbit in the net. He went home and started to kill the rabbit for his dinner but decided to keep it. The next morning, he took the rabbit down to the beach and threw his net in the water again. This time he pulled out a…"

"Cabbage."

"He pulled out a cabbage and broke it in half, giving part of it to the bunny and saving part of it for some soup. Just then the rabbit turned into a…"

"Big ugly genii."

"It turned into a big ugly genii. The man was very scared and started to run away but the genii caught him and told him not to worry. An evil sorcerer had changed him into a bunny and stuffed him in a lamp before throwing him into the ocean. Since the old man had freed him and did not eat him and took care of him, the spell was broken and the genii decided to grant a favor to the man. The man said he wanted a…"

"Rose."

"The man said he wanted a rose and the genii gave him the most perfect rose he had ever seen. The man then went to the palace and gave the rose to the sultan. The sultan was very happy and gave the old man a bag of gold. The old fisherman went back to the beach and met…"

"A shark."

"He saw a shark in the water and threw the bag of gold at it. The shark choked on the bag of gold and died and stopped eating all the fish. So the old man had plenty of fish to eat after that and lived happily for a long time."

"You tell the weirdest stories, Logan."

"I think I have a little help on that."

Megan giggled and yawned. "I guess you do. But it's much more fun than reading one out of a book and you do a good job making up stuff."

"So do you."

She stood up and held out her hand. "Tuck me in, please?"

Logan rose and took her hand. "Sure."

As they walked down the hall, she said, "Next time let's try to come up with a Harry Potter story."

He covered his eyes and groaned.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3371