Revenge of the Rogue by manda-dee
Summary: It was settled, if Logan wanted her to act like a little kid-she was going to give him exactly what he wanted.
Categories: X1, AU Characters: None
Genres: Adult, Humor, UST
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 11904 Read: 5144 Published: 03/23/2009 Updated: 03/24/2009
Story Notes:
Seriously, I'm not a fan of fanfiction that don't give a good summary, but instead quote lines for the summary but it's seriously just accurately describes the whole fic. This was a lot of fun to write, and even involved some research.

I'm thinking about creating a sequel but it depends on the feedback, this piece was so long I may just leave to stand alone.

1. Chapter 1 by manda-dee

Chapter 1 by manda-dee
Author's Notes:
I hope everyone enjoys reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Three am in the morning with a 10 am bio class looming dangerously in the distance, but I have to write this before I fall asleep-now that folks is d-e-d-i-c-a-t-i-o-n.



She walked quietly up the stairs, honing all skills she had ever received in the way of stealth and cursed them at the same time because they had come from him but she utilized them regardless of their source and crept silently. She was especially careful when she came to the creaky part of the stairs, the floor board at the top where the stairs met the landing. This groaning floorboard had betrayed her a time or two before, a few times even alerting the very man she was trying to sneak up on. Truth be told Logan wouldn’t need a treacherous squeaky floorboard to be aware of Rogue’s presence, he’d smell her a mile away before she even had a chance. That was why this plan was going to work, before Logan wasn’t in his room at the end of the hall; he was in fact on a mission and not due back any time soon. Rogue however still had to be precautious, it was the middle of the day and the other X-men still lurked in their rooms and being X-men they were naturally observant, Rogue didn’t need any witnesses to what she was about to do. Logan would realize it was her who had done it anyway, but it was best he didn’t have a warning.


Rogue readied herself for the mission at hand, and patted the shoulder pouch that was slung over her shoulder, smiling to herself as she felt it’s reassuring weight. This was going to be a day of days-a day of revenge. In order for Rogue’s little plan to work she needed to live up to her name, she needed to embrace her inner vagabond and reign in her mischievous abilities. This was going to take all of her cunning and she wished for a fleeting moment that she could somehow disguise her smell the way she disguised her face when she traveled as the Rogue.
Oh Hell, he’s going to know it was me soon enough anyway
Sighing forlornly Rogue continued to move silently down the hall, stepping lightly on the thick carpet and thanking her lucky stars that Logan wouldn’t be back for another few hours. She didn’t want anyone to know she was going into Logan’s room, especially not in the middle of the day. She didn’t want Logan to suspect anything.

She cursed herself for the umpteenth time, not Logan, the mark he was simply her target. This was war and Rogue couldn’t afford to slip up with sentimentality. Logan was her target, and she was the hitter in this game. This was a time to settle the score, to make him pay, to make him regret the day he messed with the Rogue.
She smirked evilly as she arrived at his door and pressing the whisper of her gloved palm to the thick wood, she twisted the knob. Locked. She smirked more allowing the grin to curve up her face and leak it’s malice into her eyes.


Wordlessly she extracted a credit card out of thin air and began to carefully, if not noiselessly, wiggle it up and down through the crack in the wood. She floated the plastic between the door frame and the piece of metal which served as Logan’s bedroom lock. The last time she’d done this she was only 13 in Mississippi trying to break into her parents’ bedroom to see if they had gotten her that easy bake oven she’d always wanted for Christmas.
After a few well placed manipulations of her wrist the lock gave and the credit card separated the piece of metal from its holster, she twisted the knob and reveled in the sound of Logan’s door clicking open, allowing her access to his room. She slipped inside to room with a look of satisfaction floating over her features. Time to make her mark suffer, the door was swung silently shut as Rogue began to put plan, “Make em’ cry” into affect.



Flashback

It had been a perfectly normal day at Xavier’s Institute for Gifted Youngsters and sneaky mutants. The sun shone brightly in the early autumn weather and there was a breeze in the air that made you want to throw your face up towards the sky and breath in the rich scent of the season. It was a glorious day to be outside, even more so if you were a mutant who was constantly restricted to layers of clothing such as gloves and layers and layers of protection. Summer and Spring were dreaded months because they marked the seasons which celebrated exposed skin, a luxury Rogue hadn’t been denied ever since her mutation took effect. Winter seemed a little too mocking, everyone else wore layers during those months but then they always got to take them off when they came inside out of the cold.

Autumn was the perfect compromise in Rogue’s eyes, and her favorite season, because the heavy heat of summer would fade and the frosty chill of winter would leak into the air and it wouldn’t quite be extreme heat or drastic cold. Rogue could linger comfortably outside among people with fashionable scarves, which served no real protection against cold weather but were decorative and she was comfortable in these temperatures wearing short sleeves shirts and long opera gloves and so it was almost like she was able to dress normally and blend in better with other people, if only for the short lived months between summer and spring.

These were the days that Rogue found herself the most chipper and perky. They were weird words for her to associate with herself, any she felt a strange nostalgic bitterness when she realized that before she’d absorbed other people’s memories it wasn’t always so. Once upon a time the girl known as Rogue laughed easily and took things lightly, before her mutation. Even after her mutation, getting used to no contact was one thing, a depressing heavy weight she’d filed under things she couldn’t change about herself, like her muddy brown eyes or the gap between her teeth.


However, having to slice up little sections of your brain and give them over to different people thus making it easier for all of you to reside in your head…that was a little difficult to cope with, even for her. It wasn’t as if she were enjoying the rental agreement either. Holocaust victims on the left, experimentation on mutants courtesy of the army on your right and don’t forget about the scarred human boy sitting bitterly in the middle. After all that it was hard to look in a mirror and seem okay again, hard to see withered and aged eyes staring back at her and realize they were her’s and painful because she didn’t have to wonder about the why part. She knew why she was the way she was and she knew she couldn’t change it but worst of all she knew they way she’d been before, and that made everything all the more difficult.

Happy, perky, chipper, jovial even her close friends name, Jubilant were not words Rogue associated with herself. Except of course in the Autumn where she was free to flounce around in a semi-suspended state of normal. It was important that she utilized the time the best of her ability, and spend her time outside by herself where she could be free and alone. Too many people had observed Rogue’s habit of wondering away by herself and hacked it up to the leftover Logan in her head, as if he were an old meatloaf that someone had forgotten to throw out and left in the fridge too long, leaving a rank odor in its wake. Rogue actually laughed at the idea in her head, Logan a hunk of smelly meat and Rogue a refrigerator housing the stench, maybe it wasn’t so far off base. No, people didn’t realize, maybe because it was easier for them not to acknowledge it but Rogue liked spending a hunk of time alone because if there weren’t any other people around her then she could let her guard down. No one to touch, no one to be touched by and that was a blessed gift that only solitude could afford her.

Most days she found herself walking the campus of Xavier’s. She’d spend time in the greenhouse, or the gardens, both courtesy of Ororo. She’d spend time by the lake or taking pictures of the fountains, Xavier’s had a beautiful landscape and some days when the sun spilled onto the ground just right and hit the trees in a certain way it could easily take your breath away. Rogue spent a lot of time taking pictures of the place because it was her new home, her only real home and she’d spent time making memories here. One thing she’d found out early on, something not many people realized was that being a school for mutant children Xavier’s came equip with a swing set a genuine bonafide playground.


It was a mini-park set in the wide backyard of the mansion, with a see-saw, a few swings, a rotating circle to jump on and some monkey bars attached to a slide. In the winter no one really could make use of them because of the snowy Westchester weather and Rogue found herself wondering outside to sit on the swing set more and more before the sunny weather was gone for good and all she had left was a slushy swing with frozen handles.


She swung for a good long while, she knew the habits of the institute, what grades met at what times and she tried to make it outside at a time when she knew anyone who was actually at the age to enjoy the swings wouldn’t be outside. She didn’t want to think about the daunting ideas of actually knocking out another student at Xavier’s who was younger than Bobby or herself. Bobby took that risk just to kiss her and she was glad of it because it was worth the risk to be kissed in her eyes. Still Bobby was older his body stronger than that of a child’s and he could probably take a few seconds of Rogue’s mutation without being hurt, a younger student would fall fast and Rogue was always careful to avoid that type of situation.


She sat on the swing, scraped a booted foot over the dry cracked ground. She could smell the cold in the air, she could feel it coming. Summer was officially over according to the calendars’ but Mother Nature seemed blissfully unaware and still threw warm sunny days at the mansion, even if she was starting to throw in a breezy wind. This late in the day though, nearly dusk, Rogue could feel that breeze turning into a chill and she shivered a little as she felt goose bumps slide up and down her arms in reaction to the cold.

She began swinging in earnest, pumping her legs up and down with the motions of the swing trying to gain momentum. She loved that first kick, pushing off from the ground and then that feeling of flying through the air. When she was a little girl she devoted hours to the past time of swinging and now was no different. She swung until she felt beads of sweat pile high on her forehead, hard swinging was the equivalent of doing crunches-if you knew how to swing as good as Marie did, it could become a real work-out.

The wind shifted and new smell entered Marie’s quite, unobstructed atmosphere, the sun was almost setting now and she realized it was actually starting to get darker out. She hadn’t even realized but the smell of cigar brought her out of her thoughts. Xavier’s smelt like a high school, on the inside and on the outside it smelt like fresh grass clippings and depending on the season it also smelt like the foliage that surrounded the grounds. The absolutely only thing that smelt of cigars on the property, or only person, was Logan. Marie knew he was coming before she even heard his heavy foot falls stomping her way. She smiled to herself because she knew he’d be proud of her knowing someone was around before she saw them, heightened awareness and all that. Her smile grew a little more when she realized Logan was making a lot of noise in walking this way and she realized it was entirely for her benefit, so she’d know he was there and so he wouldn’t startle or disturb her. He could be real sweet sometimes.

She starred up at him that goofy grin still in place as he stopped almost in front of her, side stepping to her left to lean casually against the rail holding up the swing apparatus.

“Aren’t you a little old to be swinging?”


She hadn’t caught the sexual innuendo but the Logan in her head had and for all her womanly experience, now that she was a sophisticated twenty, she hadn’t realized at first why the wolverine in her head was chuckling.

Of course she answered without thinking.

“I like to swing, its fun.”

She felt like an idiot as the words left her mouth one minute too late, and she knew Logan could tell because her cheeks betrayed her by coloring slightly. She was long past being embarrassed about a suggestive comment about abandoned sexual inhibition, but she was* embarrassed that she hadn’t gotten it. Ever since Rogue had turned eighteen she’d been in a rat race to get Logan to notice her as a woman and some days she did damn good and made herself proud. Other days though….other days were like right now. A moment would represent itself and she would blindly walk into a sentence or an action-like blushing like an infatuated teenage idiot- and letting naivety claim her. She found herself starring up at a wolfish grin which had plastered itself on his face and she found it hard to hold onto her anger or shame.

She shot him her own toothy grin before she tried to regain some common ground.


“Wanna try?”

She wriggled her eyebrows suggestively and she watched as Logan’s face went void of all amusement. She wanted to groan in frustration as she saw The Look . A face he saved and had probably created specifically for the “no Rogue, I don’t want you and can’t have you like that” conversation. She braced herself and pushed back her disappointment forcefully.


Logan was well aware of her want for the man, well aware of her intentions. He knew damn well that she would be with him if he so much as hinted her having the green light, but every time they got close or every time a moment represented itself Logan backed off. He shrunk away from the idea of them being together and Rogue had resigned herself to change his mind, but it’d been two years! Two years of almost(s) and hopeful maybe’s and pep talks from friends who said the signs were clear from a distance and pats on the back and chanted mantras of “just one more month, one more week, one more day”. Quite frankly Rogue was running out of patience and Logan was running out of excuses.



She figured that was why he was standing there frowning, just starring at her. He was probably trying to search his big thick skull for a reason to add to the pile of reasons why she wasn’t supposed to talk like that, not about him, not about them. To him there was no them.
He sniffed, she stiffened.

“You were crying.”

Not a question.

This time she did sigh, he wasn’t going to let this go.

“I cut myself and a tear slipped out, Colombo.”

Obvious lie, but what was she supposed to say? “Oh, I slept in one of your old shirts and when I woke up smelling like you I had to remember how to breathe again because I realized my bed will probably never smell like you and gave myself a panic attack.”

“You’re lying.”

Again, not a question. She looked down and when he stepped closer, she used her legs to scuttle backwards, still sitting on the swing but just separated from him by her extended legs. They eyed each other warily.

On days when the reality of the situation hit, she had trouble being near him. Mostly because she knew his tenacity was no match for her feelings. Sure they were strong, but Logan’s skull was literally thick as steel. He’d never relent and she was running out of strategies to make him stop fighting it and start loving her. Now with Logan standing in front of her, stubborn look locked onto his face and clearly proving her point that there was still a long fight ahead of her before he’d concede that he too had feelings for her, it was just salt in the very open wound.
He took the much needed step back and she released the pressure from her legs and let herself sway on the swing, the motion sending her in little half circles as her knees went from pin straight to bent again. She focused intently on the metal rungs which her hands hung onto around the swing.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

It was as close to as a “sorry for being nosey” that Rogue would ever get it was the closest thing to an apology he even knew how to give.

She snorted in a humorless way blowing air noisily out of her mouth.

“Wasn’t planning on it anyway, but thanks for the update.”

He arched an eyebrow, so Logan.

“What’s wrong with you?”

His tone was sharp, but it was nothing Rogue hadn’t expected, he always did get a little testy anytime Rogue would attempt to flirt or tease him. He saw it as unfitting behavior for the girl he thought of as “his best gal pal” not her wording. Not. At. All.

She just looked at him queerly for a minute, for a man who was always miserable because of his lack of connections from a mysterious past and inability to get close to people; he sure was a glutton for punishment. Did he always have to make it so damn hard for her?

“Why do you care?”

The words came out before she could phase it properly and one glance at his face showed her another of one Logan’s famous looks, this one was the “Don’t pull that kind of crap kid, I care, people care if you have a problem you should talk about it, that’s what friends are for” face. She shook her head before he had a chance to talk, that wasn’t what she’d meant anyway but she really didn’t think she could handle the whole friendly pep talk thing coming from Logan, it was just the opposite direction of any romantic progress…not that she had gotten very far in that arena.

“No, no,” her head shook as she cut him off, “I just mean, why do you always need to know? Why can’t I just be in the mood to sulk? You’ve practically perfected the art of brooding, I mean damn you could patent the idea and collect royalty fees from moody people all over the globe.”
She was trying to lighten the mood but Logan’s brow only crinkled further and she almost died of dread because honestly she didn’t want to hear him ramble on with whatever cranky thoughts were brewing in that admantium head of his.

“I want to know because you spend too much damn time lately moping over something that’s never going to happen.”

“Ha! Don’t flatter yourself.”

He almost seemed taken aback. Almost. She gave herself props anyway; it was once in a blue moon that genuine confusion flitted over Logan’s face. Even rarer that there was someone around to observe that expression on his face, he looked darn cute with his neck craning to one side, head tilted and his eyebrows arched like a confused puppy dog. She decided to lock that face away for later when she didn’t feel like a sad little sack of crap.
He hid his confused face before she had time to really appreciate it and went on again.

“Then set me straight, what’s wrong.”

She groaned, literally groaned as if she were in agony. God forbid the almighty Wolverine be left unawares.

“God Logan, just drop it. You don’t need to worry about every little frown that crosses my face, and if I want to be sad because my best friend” she spit the word out acidly as it burned its way out of her mouth, “wants to act like a complete ass for the rest of his elongated life, then dammit I think I’m entitled to a little blues time.”

He was angry, she could see it from the way his shoulders tensed and the way his fists clenched but she just didn’t have the energy to care. He was just a moody little ball of admantium walking around tearing everything- like her hopes and dreams- to bits.

“Ya know kid this is exactly the reason why I don’t want you thinking thoughts about us as anything other than friends. You’re just a kid, you’re barely twenty you got years to worry about love and life and you waste it being so damn depressed over someone who’s not even interested.”

Now that was a lie. Not the barely twenty part, that was true, but the part about him not wanting her.

She echoed his own words back at him.

“You’re lying.”

It wasn’t a question.

He chuckled, darkly. She shivered, despite herself.

“Sorry darlin, but I can smell when you’re lyin, you’re jus runnin on blind faith.”

There were so many things about that sentence that rubbed her the wrong way she literally shook with anger, his words, that expression of cocky idiocy that he wore so well. God what a schmuck! Why was she so infatuated with this man!? She idly wondered how long it had been since he’d seen sunlight when his head was shoved so far up his ass. She brought gloved fingers up the bridge of her nose and pressed firmly down, willing the rage in her to subside.

The words tumbled out of her angrily anyway. She stepped away from the swing with an indigniant huff, snapping her head up to glare daggers at him.

“First of all, sugar if you want to talk about who can smell what then you should start with me, cuz I’m the damn one whose been putting up with the stench of your bullshit for nearly two years now. You call me a kid and you know damn well what I been through, who I have in my head and don’t even go thinkin you take protocol up here honey,” she pointed to her head, “cause that cheerful ol’holocaust victim I got scampering around actually takes precedent over you. Even if your nightmares do steal the show.”

He opened his mouth to stay something but now that Rogue had worked up a good head of steam she wasn’t anywhere near done and she talked right over his look of outrage.

“Not to mention, darlin,” and maybe mocking him was a bad idea she thought fleetingly, “but speakin about whose in whose head, for an uninterested party you tend to look at me extra careful whenever I happen to be changing or stepping into the shower.”

Logan’s eyebrows went up into his hair line and he actually looked surprised. Now there was a look Rogue had never seen on his face.

“Yeah that’s right, I got your voice loud and clear and you always manage to let out a little growl or an appreciative howl whenever I’m naked so save the “uninterested” bull for someone who doesn’t know you worth a good god damn. And just to be clear on that blind faith part, for the adult Logan, you’re the blind one and you wouldn’t know a good thing if it jumped up and bit you in the ass and if I’m a little depressed over that and if you’re not willing to deal with me then sugar sit back, look away and suck it up because I am the one who has to deal with the fact that the one person who doesn’t look at me like death walking or regard my skin as dangerous is worried about-Jesus! I don’t even know what-taining the girl whose got the PSYCHOPATH bent on world domination running around in her head?!?! Not to mention I have to walk around with the knowledge that I’m the sorry son of a bitch who’s wasting her time being in love with you.”


She was panting heavily by the time she was finished, she was flushed and her skin was heated and she had the urge to hit something so bad that she hoped that Logan would say something stupid so she had a reason to slug him. She took calming breaths, deep ones and she braced herself for Logan’s counter attack because he was keeping fists balled carefully at his side and Rogue knew it was to keep the claws from coming out. His knuckles were clenched so tightly that she could see the strain turning them white.

It was a really long silence that swallowed them up just then and Rogue had an unwanted chance to review some of the things she’d just said out loud. She was really starting to cringe when she realized she didn’t have the gall to look Logan in the face, which was almost scary what with the angry arching eyebrows and the teeth grinding and the growling…oh the growling.

“I’m not taking some half assed advice from a little kid who’s pretending to be an adult when you’re acting like a two year old! All because poor LiL Marie’s crush won’t take her to the prom. You’re sittin on a god damned swing set for shits sake! When you learn how to act like an adult- then- then come find me.”

He walked off without a backward glance and Rogue thought to herself in that moment that this was the end of their friendship and she thought it really didn’t matter that for two years she’d given him the benefit of the doubt because how could she ever not hate him after that? She downright resented what he had said and more so the painful and patronizing tone he’d used.

After everything she said she knew it was to fantastical to expect him to turn around and say “gee I get it now” but she thought it would be kinda swell if he hadn’t actually run away from her.

Rogue was knee-deep in her own self pity when a tantalizing little thought presented itself to her, deep from the inner chasms of her mind. It was a wicked little idea and it hit her hard; it was the kind of idea that you knew from the instant it occurred to you that it was the right thing to do but that you still tried over and over to talk yourself out of. The kind idea that could be synonymous with the word risk, hell practically defined risk, and Rogue grabbed hold of it with both hands anyway and clutched it too her because she meant to take a risk where the oh so cocky Wolverine was concerned and she meant to do a good job of it too. Maybe this little idea wouldn’t bring her and Logan together, and maybe the risk was that it could very well drive them further apart. Hell if she cared at that moment because this was an idea born of anger and resentment and those were the best and worst kinds. It was settled, if Logan wanted her to act like a little kid-she was going to give him exactly what he wanted.




Rogue sighed overly satisfied with herself, and the sound was heavy with her contentment and filled the tiny room. She’d done it, well she hadn’t done it yet but she’d gotten the scary part over with. She was in Logan’s room, she had snuck in successfully undetected by the other team members and she was free to work her magic.

She utilized her time then, swinging the shoulder bag over her shoulder and bringing it down on the long couch next to her. She looked around surveying the familiar room; she’d spent hours in here with Logan, especially in the last two years. Hell, he’d had that couch put in just so she’d have a place to do homework because he’d noticed the way she pussyfooted around sitting on his bed. She cringed at the memory but inwardly forgave herself because at the time she’d still been in high school, her last year, and it had more to do with the fact that the last time she’d gotten close to Logan’s bed when he was in his room she’d gotten stabbed through the chest.

When Logan decided to stay on at the mansion for good, it was a shock to everyone. It surprised Logan most of all who wasn’t actually expecting to be able to live contentedly. He managed though and Marie, not Rogue, got attached. In two years they’d learn to co-exist together, they’d become friends it was comfortable for them both but the lust between them was frustrated.

Rogue still tried everything she could think of in the way of persuasion and she knew Logan wanted her, she knew he cared. Ironically it was the caring part that got in the way, he didn’t want to hurt her. Logan looked at himself as an unclean thing, something to be kept away from someone as pure as Rogue. That was just ten different kinds of ridiculous, how could he think he was going to further taint her? Didn’t Logan realize that he was the only reason she was still any kind of okay? He didn’t give himself enough credit for the times he had protected her and keeping himself away from her in an intimate way was his way of ensuring her safety indefinitely.
She shook her head, she didn’t have time for these deep contemplations about the relationship that did and didn’t exist between her and Logan. She only had three hours before he was back, maybe a bit longer but not much, this was go time, she had to hurry. She began unpacking all the objects she’d brought with her and starting looking over the room in a new way, she didn’t see the couch where her and Logan sat sharing beers in secret, she didn’t see the bed where he’d allowed her to comfort him after a nightmare, or welcomed her in after her own, she didn’t see the bathroom where he’d held her hair after their first real night of drinking together (he’d insisted she meet his friend Rye Whiskey), no she didn’t see any of that. All she saw was a war zone, this was her battlefield.

Logan’s room was simple and plain like him, nice to look at but void of any real furniture that wasn’t standard. There was a bed in the middle, flagged on each side by sturdy wooden night tables, a decent sized window off to the side, blinds and another door that led to a bathroom. There was a closet and a dresser where Logan kept his clothes and the couch where she’d dropped her bag.

Rogue felt a tinge of guilt as she displayed the items next to each other, she was being vicious she knew. Logan may never forgive her after this, but as she bit her lip in indecision and looked down on the items dancing before her eyes she recalled the words that he threw at her that day by the swing set and she stiffened her resolve.

The items which she produced out of her bag were an interesting and eclectic bunch, nothing like anything you’d spot in the fierce Wolverine’s bedroom. There were a dozen scented candles, the large kind that were encased in glass jars. She had several bags of various incense and a couple of round wooden disks that would serve as their holders, she had the other incense too the type that came in a thick woven rope like a piece of a branch. She only had two of the woven kind, but she set them aside lovingly. She began to understand why her shoulders were aching because the bag never seemed to be empty but Rogue kept pulling the items out. She yanked out three different types of carpet deodorizer, knowing Logan she knew what scents he enjoyed and knew what absolutely driven him crazy.

A year and a half ago Rogue had used this trick to shampoo her hair in a scent that she knew Logan craved and she took great pleasure in keeping her long hair up all day only to pull it out when Logan was very close to her and hear him inhale deeply, he’d stroked her head for the rest of the day and she’d caught him sniffing it more than once after that. Of course after that day he’d spent three days avoiding her, until she figured out she was giving him a semi with her good smelling hair. Still it was a minimal amount of progress.

That wasn’t the objective here, the objective here was to drive Logan crazy and Rogue figured she had a pretty good shot. She lunged into the bag and pulled out the ultimate enemy. Fabreze. She had to laugh as she pulled out the aerosol can and the spray bottle, could never be too prepared, Logan had taught her that. She went on to pull out a dust buster, which she’d brought for when she had to vacuum up the deodorizer and in case the incense left ashes. Finished with the items which pertained to the bedroom, she walked on to the bathroom.

In the bathroom she began removing the last items from her bag. She fished around until she found the bath salts she was looking for; she found several very smelly brands and was quite proud of herself for thinking of them. She also found bath oils and bubble bath. She turned on the water to scolding, someone had told her once that it was the hot water that really drew out the smell. She took out a few more candles, cheaper ones that she’d bought from the dollar store, which absolutely reeked, even to her nose. Flame thrower in hand she went back into the bed room.

Rogue took four thick candles in glass jars and set them on the bedside table closet to the door, she moved the lamp to the floor and lit each wick with loving care. Overly fruity smells, potpourri, baby powder and flowery, sugary smells were top among the list of what Logan couldn’t stand. They were disgusting in his opinion and actually gave him migraines when inhaled for too long. Rogue almost laughed out loud as the scents provided by the Yankee Candle Company filled the room. The first four candles Rogue lit were Baby powder, which the Logan in Rogue’s head confirmed smelled like baby ass, Berry Jam, which actually earned a growl, Blueberry scone, which was tolerable until it mixed with the Berry Jam and Cinnamon Sugar, which just made the inner Logan in Rogue yelp like a little lost puppy. HA!

She moved over to the next dresser and arranged the next four candles. The scents included, Juicy Watermelon, Kiwi Berries, Vanilla Caramel and Willow Breeze, the smell of them all mingling together made even Rogue twitch and she happened to like a few of these scents. She laughed until her sides hurt as she imagined Logan facing the word of scented candles.

Satisfied that the candles weren’t going to the start a fire, she went into the bathroom to check the progress of her “bath”. The steam rose in thick curling circles and Rogue desperately wanted to turn on the fan or open the window but she knew it would defeat the purpose. She wanted all this rich smelling air to be here for Logan to enjoy. She did allow herself the luxury of removing her gloves and most of her extra layers which she wore for protection.

She added her bath and body works bath oil to the water first. She was actually surprised to have found this scent because it was so perfect, so anti-Logan that Rogue felt it was almost created for this purpose. She picked up the back and read the box with a rueful grin.

Soft as a cloud and undeniably sweet, this cute Pink Grapefruit Powder Sugar Soak contains confectioner's sugar, sea salt and vitamin E to help nourish and condition the skin. Aloe vera, comfrey and other herb extracts soften and soothe to provide an unforgettable relaxing bath

Unforgettable bath, oh she was counting on it. She was still laughing as she poured the Pink Grapefruit Powder Sugar Soak into the water and watched as the water took on a shiny hue from the oil. She poured in the whole box. Next she added the closest thing to bubble bath that she had come across, bath gel. Since Rogue never wanted to smell like any of this crap she figured it was the next best thing. The bath gel, also known as Winter Candy Apple came in a sparkly pink bottle and was also from bath and body works. She read the back after she was done pouring it in:


Our foaming bath gel is a luxurious way to indulge in Winter Candy Apple, a joyous blend of crisp apple, sweet orange, pineapple and cinnamon spice .

It smelt like a sticky mess, enough to make even the bravest of men cry at the girly smell. Rogue’s grin grew sinister.

The tub was half full when Rogue walked out again, she’d add the salts last because she wanted them to soak in the water with her special* bath ingredient.

Walking into the bed room Rogue silently cursed because she’d forgotten about the incense, she began spreading out the disks around the room that she wanted to use for the burners. Little round disks with tiny holes to poke the end of the incense stick in.


One time Rogue had actually convinced Logan to take her out to dinner, and after several warnings that this wasn’t a date he’d agreed. They went to town on his Harley, and Rogue was in love with that night and didn’t even mind when they entered an Indian restaurant, she had limited experiences with eating foreign food, but anywhere where she ate with Logan seemed fine.
They’d sat down and ordered and then promptly left before the food came. The owner’s had been burning a thick and heedy smelling incense, and when the aroma was thick enough, like it had been that night, the smell was actually able to make Logan dizzy and sick, he’d nearly swooned! The great Wolverine, over a little perfumed stick. Rogue had gone back to the restaurant to buy the incense she was burning now, and she didn’t even know the smells, she just grabbed what smelled familiar from that night. Apparently she’d gotten Egyptian Musk, Dragons’ Blood, Frank n Myrrh, Cloves and something funky called ylang-ylang. She had forty sticks in total and she began to burn the first twenty.


Returning to the bathroom she was satisfied to see that the tub was nearly fill and turning around to grab for her bath salts, she added the only bath product that hadn’t come from bath and body works but from some distant store she didn’t know the name of. This she did feel guilty for because the bath salts had been a gift from Bobby, and this was only the second time she was using them. Mostly because the first time had been such a disaster that she never bothered using them again, they positively reeked; she didn’t have any desire to smell like this. Perfect for her plan though, she didn’t even know the name of the scent and turned it over to read.
Lavender Pear. No wonder they smelled bad, rogue wondered who was in charge of coming up with these names. If she was supposed to sit in a room and name scents all day she’d come up with things far better than Berry Jam or Lavender Pear. She’d have Logan after a shower or Sexy Logan, or even a couple of stupid ones like French Potato, just to grab a laugh. She doubted anyone even read the names of these things anyway. She tossed in the salts and let the tub run for two more minutes before she turned off the water. She let them soak and let the water cool for a few minutes.


Returning to the bedroom, Rogue stripped the sheets off the bed and grabbed the pillowcases too. She rummaged around in Logan’s dresser until she found the extra sheets-issued in every bedroom at Xavier’s in the dresser drawer; she grabbed the extra sheets too and walked back into the bathroom. Then she dumped them in the sticky sweet smelling water.

Rogue figured she was probably the only one in the mansion who knew the reason that Logan didn’t let the mansion staff do his laundry. It had nothing to do with being humble and everything to do with strict washing regulations. Logan never used detergent when he washed his sheets, he used a very mild liquid soap instead and on the times when he had to uses detergent he watered it down considerably before washing the sheets. Truth be told he only used the watered down detergent when he was washing after a nightmare when his sheets were sweat soaked. Oh and never under any circumstances did he ever use fabric softener, he hated the stench of it and Rogue had complained on several occasions about scratchy sheets but Logan paid her no mind.
Some of her incense sticks were burnt down halfway, but not of them were out yet and her glass candles were of course hours away from extinguishing. She was proud of herself for doing all of this in less than forty-five minutes.

Rogue immediately began emptying Logan’s draws, divesting them of his clothing. All of his clothing shared the same fate- a dip in the sticky bubble bath. She methodically emptied his drawers dumping heaps of denim, flannel and boxers onto his naked mattress.

The idea of going through Logan’s personal possessions had crossed Rogue’s mind before but she had always nixed the idea because she didn’t want to risk leaving her scent on Logan’s belongings, it was a dead give away. Besides it wasn’t very mature to go rummaging through your crushes belongings. Now though the odds were Rogue’s favor, there was a 40% chance he wouldn’t be able to smell her because of the myriad of aroma’s circulating the room. She grinned evilly to herself as she started opening every drawer of the six drawer dresser. Lots of flannel! And pair after pair of the same looking jeans, wife beaters, button down shirts. For a man who didn’t dress up often Logan owned his fair share of clothes.

The bed was covered with Logan’s clothes; everything was going in the bathwater even his skivvies. Even Rogue felt a little weird going through is underwear and sock drawer, truth be told she hadn’t counted on him owning so many pairs of boxers either, she knew from the Logan in her mind that he liked to sleep in the buff, hell she knew from the real Logan too. Rogue felt like a perfect idiot shifting through his underwear draw and blushing in the empty room just because she was touching Logan’s personal stuff. She made quick work of emptying the drawer and when her hands scraped the wood on the bottom of the drawer she realized there was something not made of clothing sticking up in the back.

Rogue began to draw the rectangular piece of paper forward, her hands touched the smoot glossy paper and she knew before she even looked at it that it was a photograph. She wondered what kind of pictures a man like Logan kept in his underwear draw.

“I swear Logan if I just found your secret porn stash…”

Even as the idea of holding a picture of a naked women flitted through Rogue’s mind she realized, and to her chagrin with another blush, that Logan wouldn’t have just one picture of one naked woman in his drawer. Not in his porn drawer anyway….Logan’s porn drawer would be a mighty heap of porn not a tiny picture.

Rogue pulled the picture out of the tiny crevice it was wedged into, all the way in the back folded up and bent. She smoothed it out before turning to over to see a very crinkled looking Logan. Her eyes went immediately to him just like they went immediately to him when he walked into a room, and she studied his face, his expression, his body language and the location of the photo. Clearly he was standing outside the mansion and Rogue recognized what he was wearing too, not that he owned many unfamiliar outfits, but Rogue recognized this outfit from memory, she’d seen him the day he’d worn that green shirt and those blue jeans with the mud stains. She ransacked her memory much the way she’d been ransacking his room trying to remember what day it had been.

“Right, the day we went down to the pond for that freaking picnic…”

A picnic by a pond, for the whole mansion. Lots of laughing, swimming and fun. Lots of heat in the hot summer air, lots of Rogue covered up like a freaking mummy why the other kids basked in swimsuits and shorts eating watermelon, a fruit Marie adored but didn’t eat unless she was free to take off her gloves.

Logan stayed with her all day; they’d gotten drunk in the back of the woods and only reemerged for food and more beers. She smiled without realizing it and finally noticed the person standing next to the Logan in the picture, of course it was her.

They were sitting on the rock they’d chosen to spend the day drinking on, a giant boulder covered in moss that Logan had helped her climb onto and lifted her down from when she’d almost lost her footing trying herself. She’d brushed up against him and he’d gone still, and she’d gasped, and they’d both sort of started at each other for one really long moment. That was just a few days after Rogue had decided to start pursuing Logan, she was freshly turned eighteen and the picture was set from nearly two years ago, she didn’t think she looked much different and of course Logan looked the same.

The picture in her hands was taken after that though, hours later when they were back at the mansion walking inside. Jubilee had complained that she hadn’t seen Rogue all day and then made a dry witty remark about how the grumpy wolf man had dragged her best friend off into the wild and back to his cave. Logan had made such an abrupt face of shock and annoyance that Jubilee had had acted as fast as her mouth and snapped a picture of him.

There was Logan, in front of the mansion, probably thinking about the fact that he had dragged Rogue into the forest and almost kissed her. There were lines of shock squiggled across his high forehead and his eyebrows rose impressively towards the sky, his eyes were wide and he looked disgruntled to say the least. His teeth were biting down on his cigar and he looked torn between getting angry and being really embarrassed because he’d realized at that point that Jubilee was taking a photo. Rogue was standing next to him, holding his hand because he was letting her as he would sometimes do and she was laughing at his face and at Jubilee’s reaction with the camera.
Rogue searched her memory trying to remember if Logan had chased after Jubilee to get the picture or if he’d ever mentioned to her that he’d secured his reputation as a badass by making sure her film never saw the light of day.

The wheels in rogues head churned as she thought it over. Jubilee would have told her if her camera had gone missing and Jubilee definitely would have mentioned if Logan came asking for the picture, so he couldn’t have come right out with it. However he had done it Logan had gotten the picture, and he hadn’t thrown it away either even though it wasn’t his most flattering moment…
No, Logan had gotten a hold of this picture and then he’d gone through the trouble of putting it somewhere he thought no one would ever see it. He’d kept the picture of himself and of Rogue, and Rogue had no problem admitting that she loved that.

Didn’t change anything though and she took the picture and shoved it in her jeans pockets before finishing her work. Rogue took the forgotten clothes lying on Logan’s bed and brought them into the bathroom, she unceremoniously dropped them into the bubbly water. Everything went in Logan’s underwear, socks, jeans, shirts and yes, even his gloves. She felt a cringe of guilt at that because he only owned gloves, aside from the pair he used to go riding, so he could touch her during nights when he wanted her to feel ill at ease. Nightmare nights when he comforted her and let her take her gloves off because he knew it was more important for her to feel like she wasn’t a threat. Into the smelly water they sank.

The last part of Rogue’s plan still needed to be completed and she idly wondered if she could still pull it off. It was drastic, she bit her lip as she tended to do before decided she’d come this far and might as well go the whole way. Rogue didn’t know anything about windows or ways to keep windows shut or even if there was such a way to do such a thing without nails, which Logan would easily pry out.

She knew that after the attack on the mansion, all the glass windows had been removed and replaced with glass that couldn’t be shattered. Every glass surface in the mansion had been done like this, everything that was big enough for a full grown man with guns to fit through anyhow. The theory was they couldn’t cut the glass to sneak in nor could they break it and throw in sleeping bombs, or shoot you full of tranquilizers from outside the window before making a stealthy entrance. Rogue only hoped anyone who was fool enough to try would actually be using tranquilizers and nothing more dangerous.

She actually had to call Home Depot, AC Moore and even Lowe’s before someone could describe what she was looking for. No one really be able to see why Rogue would want to make sure a window could be shut and never ever opened again. Finally she’d had the good sense to lie and say she had a wooden fixture that needed to be sealed and she needed something that didn’t involve a hammer and nails. She was trying to be quite, and taking out a hammer and banging away at Logan’s window didn’t exactly coincide with the idea. Besides, this was supposed to be difficult for him.
The product she needed was called, Gorilla Glue. The stuff was lethal, an adhesive that came out liquid but once the air hit it, hardened into an unbreakable mass of thick yellow goo. Rogue had tested it to, she’d opened the ghastly looking liquid and had poured some of it out on the grass. She waited patiently for it to dry and then asked Colossus to step on it for her. Colossus, the boy who encased his body in metal, had to jump-twice- before the little pebble had broken! Plus the bottle said the more you used the stronger the product. Oh, yeah this was exactly what Rogue needed.

Very carefully Rogue went to Logan’s only bedroom window and carefully she removed the shade from its holder at the top of the window. She laid it carefully on the floor and cracked the window open the smallest amount she could. She really should have done this first but she wanted to have an out in case she changed her mind. With the window open she began pouring liberal amounts of Gorilla Glue up and down the sill where the window would meet the wood upon closing. When the wooden sill was thick and gooey she brought the window down and firmly pressed on it using all of her weight. She held it like that for a good five minutes until her hands hurt from the pressure. She’d check back on that later, right now she wanted it to dry.

Going Back into the bathroom Rogue pulled out a hefty bag that she’d put on the counter earlier. It was pure fortune that the mansion staff had bought scented hefty bags, probably because of the smelly kitchen garbage. Still they worked perfectly in this scenario and Rogue opened the bag, inflating it with air. She took every piece of wet linen out of the tub and rung it over and over again until there was no access moisture, the water was still a soapy mess sloshing at the ends of the tub. She immediately took the wet clothes and placed them into the scented garbage bag.

Garbage bag in tow, Rogue made her way the entrance of the room. This part was going to be tricky; Rogue had to get downstairs to the wash room where the mansion housed its washing and drying machines. There were more than one set of machines in the mansion, but there was only one wash room.



It was a miracle that Rogue managed to do it but she made her way down to the laundry room without too much interference. She tossed all of Logan’s clothes into the dryer added a hearty helping of fabric softener to the machine before returning to the scene of the crime.
When Rogue returned she ventured into the uncharted territory of Logan’s closet. The closet was void of clothing, except for one suit that he had worn once when the Professor had thrown a huge black tie affair. Rogue still remembered the shocked expressions when Logan walked into the room in a tux, she’d helped him fix his tie before he’d gone downstairs but she had been equally shocked when she’d first seen him, she smiled lightly at the memory.
There were a couple of different shoes scattered across the bottom, boots, more boots and a pair of sneakers which Rogue had only ever seen Logan wear for training sessions, usually he was barefoot.

On the top shelf of the closet Rogue could make out a few shoe boxes, nothing interesting and next to them was the backpack that Logan took with him on his trips all the time. She hadn’t seen it since he’d come back two years ago...

Five minutes later would show Rogue replenishing the incense and lighting one of the thick woven sticks. She knew this one had to be circulated around the room by hand because the smoke was much thicker and she made the rounds going in and out of the bathroom and through the bedroom, making sure the smoke trickled into every nook and cranny of the room. Rogue set aside the knarred rope like incense and flipped open the three boxes of Glade carpet deodorizer, she’d chosen three different scents from the Tropical Flowers collection and she started sprinkling the scented powder of Mango Fusion all over the carpet, she was very thorough and used the soft soled of her sneakers to ground the powder down into the carper, she wanted remnants of it to be woven in the carpet fibers so even after she vacuumed the scent would be fresh for Logan.

Rogue felt something like guilt and she stepped on it full force until it floated away from her and when she began to feel like this was her being too bitchy she just thought about the last two years of fighting with Logan and found new strength.

She heaped generous amounts onto the carpet and when she was done she was down one bottle, but Logan’s carpet was a pretty white and she had to wait a few minutes before vacuuming up the first layer. She made her way to the bathroom, spraying up white powder as she walked and began spraying the aerosol can of Fabreze she’d bought in the store, she would continue to spray it in the bathroom every fifteen minutes until the can was gone.

Beside from ruining Logan’s window there was only one other destructive part to her plan. She returned to the bedroom and picked up a few of the candles sitting on the nightstand, she picked up the one with the most melted wax. Carefully opening every drawer, she began pouring the wax around the perimeter of the drawer.

This she had to concede was a big bitchy thing to do, however it was also warranted. This was the one thing that Logan wouldn’t be able to air out and she wanted there to be a permanent reminder of this incident to remind Logan of what a jerk he’d been. For later…if he even let her live after this. She laughed again to herself, she figured that the idea of an angry aroma plagued Logan should scare her and the fact that she wasn’t scared probably meant she was breathing too much of this stuff in.

The wax was thick and she made sure to pour it evenly, this wasn’t such a big deal, after all Logan could always use a picker to unstick it from the drawer. She made sure to pour a thin line all the way around the rectangular bottom of each drawer, using different candles. When that was done she used other candles, for reasons of wax preservation, to pour their wax over the entire bottom of the drawer. Rogue lined each drawer with one coat before returning the candles to the dresser and pulling out her dust buster. She let the wax in the drawers cool and she instead began to vacuum up all the access powder left over from the deodorizers
She went back the drawers and now that her first coat of wax had cooled she added a second, if Logan wanted to ply this stuff off he could, but she wasn’t going to make it easy. Besides she didn’t want the wax to flake onto Logan’s clothing when she put his clothes back in the dresser later.

Second coat in place, Rogue got up again and opened up the second container of carpet deodorizer, Melon Burst. This smelt bad even to Rogue so she couldn’t wait for Logan to get a whiff. Walking over to the bed Rogue began the daunting and grueling task of moving Logan’s bulky queen sized mattress onto the floor. When she finally managed to get the mattress where she wanted she sprinkled melon burst all over it, using her shoe just like the last time to grind the powder into the mattress. When the mattress was thoroughly coated, she returned her attentions to the box spring and began sprinkling the powder over that as well.

Rogue let the powder sit and returned to the dresser, she added a few more layers of wax to each drawer. Leaving the dresser drawers open to cool she returned to the mattress on the floor. She vacuumed up the powder on the mattress and the powder on the box spring. Then she worked up a fresh sweat trying to flip the mattress over onto it’s clean side. She repeated the process and covered it in Melon Burst before vacuuming it all up. When the mattress was finally back on the bed the way it had been when she’d walked in, Rogue turned her attention back to the dresser.
Rogue made sure to check the waxy coating on each draw, testing it for efficiency’s sake. The bottom layer was thick and unforgiving under her fingers and she couldn’t pry it from the bottom of the drawer using only her fingernail. Perfect.

The candles burned on and Rogue removed the used up incense leaving only the unscented stick end in the wastebasket of Logan’s room. She sprayed every exposed inch of the couch down with Fabreze, it would reek to Logan’s sensitive nostrils for months.

Eventually she made her way down to the laundry room and it was a little bit more difficult getting up back up to Logan’s room this time because people were standing in the hallway. When Rogue finally did slip inside she realized that time was running out and hastily began refolding Logan’s clothes, returning them to what she hoped was the correct drawers.

When the clothes were back in their proper place and the stinky scented sheets covered the bed again, Rogue stood back with her hands on her hips biting her lip in a mix of pride and mischief as she surveyed her work. This was her masterpiece….granted it wasn’t the type of masterpiece that she’d originally intended on creating in Logan’s room, but it was her own creative work!
Rogue collected her things, her lights and incense burner, and any other knick knacks she’d brought in with her. The candles glowed menacingly from their perch on Logan’s night table and Rogue couldn’t help the snicker that escaped her mouth. She threw the pouch bag over her shoulder and glanced around one last time to ensure that she hadn’t left any identifying evidence. When she was satisfied, she headed for the door and slipped silently out into the hall.

Logan would be back soon and Rogue needed to hide the evidence before his return. When she returned to her room, Rogue walked into the bathroom where she had the window already wide open and the bathtub of her own room already filled with icy cold water. She’d filled the tub before she’d begun to destroy Logan’s room earlier that day. One by one Rogue began submerging any items that had been with her in Logan’s room into the icy water. She threw in the pouch bag itself, before she began stripping off her clothes and submerging them into the icy bath water.

Rogue was careful to stay locked in her bathroom while she waited for the bathtub items to lose their scent. The whole point of this exercise was the help take the scent of Logan’s room off of anything Marie owned. She was fooling herself but she was hoping to give the Wolverine a run for his money. Marie knew damn well that Logan would never suspect her of doing anything this heinous, he still generally saw her as the harmless little girl with puppy dog eyes and a secret smile that belonged to him.

HA! He had no idea and she was hoping to bring the Wolverine to full throttle when he saw what she had done to his room.

Nothing hid a scent better than water, the colder the better. Logan had taught her that, he couldn’t track people if they’d gone through water. Course Logan wasn’t just some common mongrel who was easily confused when he lost a scent. Logan knew when that happened to just go around the body of water and start searching the trees for the target’s smell markers. As long as the target was wet their scent wouldn’t be at full power, but as they dried it would get stronger again.
Rogue bent down and scooped the items out of the tub, she let the water drain and began putting everything into a plastic bag. There were only small items left and the last thing she had to stuff into the plastic bag was her pouch bag, she felt bad about the fate of her faithful pouch bag but what had to be done had to be done. She shoved it into the plastic bag and tied it up, tossing it aside. She ran a warm shower and began washing herself using things that she used every day. Familiar items like her own shampoo, conditioner and body wash. When she was done she took a long sigh and turned off the hot water, standing under the freezing spray, letting it hit her everywhere, just for good measure.

When Rogue was done she dressed quickly and ran downstairs, plastic bag in tow, checking the time as she went. Thirty minutes until Logan was due back, just enough time. Rogue grabbed a miniature shovel from the green house and dug a small hole about thirty feet away from the grounds gardens, the hole was only medium sized but Rogue knew it would serve its purpose. She shoved the plastic bag down into the ground and began covering it with dirt and a little bit of grass for good measure.

She stood, returned the shovel and went back into the house. She washed down her entire bathroom with Lysol to eradicate any leftover scent markers from the items she just buried. Then she returned to the hallway with a little spritzer bottle filled with water. She opened both of the large French style windows in the hall, hoping the crisp cool evening air would chase away any lingering scents she had left when she traveled from Logan’s room to her own. She then took the bottle of water and began spraying it on the carpet and into the air, believe it or not this would work to dilute the scents in the air.

When she was done Rogue returned the spray water bottle to her room and locked the door. She went downstairs to submerge herself into some kind of activity and create an alibi, she fleetingly hoped no one would close the windows upstairs until her scent markers were gone. Although, she pitied anyone who did because they’d be leaving their own scent on the window and Logan was going to be very angry when he got home.

Rogue found her friends in the lounge of Xavier’s and she settled into a nearby chair to talk Mutant High gossip and enjoy a movie night with popcorn fest. Logan didn’t come home until two hours later and Rogue was no where to be seen when he did. Throughout the entire evening though, through the gossip and the chatter through the movie and the popcorn, Rogue was unable to wipe the satisfied look off of her face or mask the glint which shown inside her eyes.
It wasn’t until several hours later as she lay in bed, grinning to herself in the dark like and idiot as she thought about how those awful candles were still burning in Logan’s room that Marie even realized. There, in the silence of the forests which surrounded Xavier’s Institute Rogue could hear it, faintly at first and then persistent as it increased. The sound of a motorcycle, revving it’s way up the path, two doe eyes shot open in the dark and her heart climbed into her throat.

From the slumber of her bed Rogue heard the sound of heavily booted feet trudging up the stairs, heard the sound of Logan’s boots clunking like lead. He was a heavy man but usually was lithe and limber, the heavy footfalls were a sign of fatigue and Rogue concluded it was probably a result from the mission. She felt minor for the fact that he was probably looking forward to falling into bed right now.

Key word minor.

She listened as the sound of the boots stopped, Logan was outside his door now and she swore she could even hear him sniffing. Sure, she figured, he could probably smell something wrong from the hallway. She heard the claws pop out, the unmistakable noise of admantium sliding through skin.
She heard his door being kicked open and then heard the nothing but excruciating silence.
A heartbeat and a drop of sweat later Rogue heard the undeniable sounds of a man howling in pain and fury.

The last thing she heard as she shoved her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing was a string of curse words tumbling out of Logan’s mind.
“SWEET MARY MOTHER OF JOSEPH WHO THE FUCK’S BEEN IN MY ROOM!?!?!?!”
Almost passing out from oxygen deprivation as she struggled not to laugh out loud, Rogue’s shoulders shook in the darkness with the pain of her efforts. The last conscious thought she had before the laughter consumed was that she couldn’t wait to see what happened next.
End Notes:
Feedback is greatly appreciated! I can't really decide if I do or do not want to write a companion piece and please let me know if you were affected by the length because I felt bad about it being so long lol
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3299