Interrupted by Wytchling
Summary: Logan and Rogue share a moment in the aftermath of a battle
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Action
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 667 Read: 2121 Published: 03/09/2009 Updated: 03/09/2009
Story Notes:
Kind of an AU thing that I found floating around in the back of my head.

1. Chapter 1 by Wytchling

Chapter 1 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
I own nothing yadayadayada
She ran, like a rabbit darting in a zigzag pattern. An avoidance pattern. She was running through the woods away from the danger. Her breath came in short controlled bursts and she could feel Logan in her mind coaching her, pushing her, telling her when to zig and when to zag.

Gunfire behind her. She leaped over a log one long slender leg extended forward and her body sailed over the debris in a graceful bound. She kept running even as a bullet grazed her arm in a cold burning blaze of pain. She slithered through bushes and bracken then came to a skidding halt at the fence.

Shit, she was in the wrong spot. The hole she'd made wasn't there. She must have gotten turned around. No matter. She grinned wolfishly and three bone claws extended from her fist. She cut a passage for herself and slipped through just as another hail of gunfire zipped by her. Another cold blaze of pain in her side but it wasn't bad. She sprinted for the cover of a small squat building and hunkered down to wait. He would be there soon and then, then there would be hell to pay.
-----------------------------------------------------------

He saw her run. He was busy dealing with a group of pumped up steroid abusing freaks. They seemed to be unconcerned with pain and just kept pummeling him with sledgehammer-sized fists. He sliced and cut away at them like they were nothing more than a Christmas Ham. He heard gunfire in the direction where Rogue had run. He felt a red fury fill his mind but tamped it down. He needed to stay clear minded, for her.

He finished the last of the Steroid Giants and went running towards the woods. He could smell her trail and at one point her caught the sweet tang of her blood. There wasn't much but it fueled his rage and he ran faster pushing his adamantium frame to new speeds. He heard another burst of gunfire and smelt a new spike of sweet blood. He leashed a growl and forced himself to slow down. To become the stalking predator. He wanted to smell the sudden spike of fear, to see the terror on the gun wielders face when he turned and saw an angry Wolverine bearing down on him claws extended.

He saw the opening in the fence and saw flecks of bone on the wire. He knew Rogue must have had to cut the fence and he felt a sudden swell of pride that she retained enough of his mutation to use his claws. He slipped through the fence and started stalking toward the gun wielding figure not thirty yards from him.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Surrender and I won't shoot." The gunman said calmly.

"Like hell!" Rogue replied hotly.

"Surrender now or I will open fire!"

Logan let his claws slide out silently and spoke. "I believe she said no bub."

The gunman spun round and Logan grinned nastily at the smell of raw fear at the naked terror on the gun mans face as he took in the sight of Logan, claws extended, covered in the blood of others. He brought the gun around a scream starting in his throat. A scream which never made it to the audible range. A set of three, nine inch, adamantium claws cut the sound off, along with the larynx, esophagus and carotid arteries. The mans head dropped to the ground and was followed by the twitching body.

Rogue came out from behind the squat building, a generator building Logan realized. He body moved with a fluid animal like grace and he felt a rumbling building in his chest. She met his eyes and he heard a faint purr issue from her throat. Their moment was interrupted however by the arrival of the X-Jet. The jet touched down and Logan and Rogue went to make their report, each knowing that they would continue in the Danger Room what had been interrupted in reality.
End Notes:
Please review!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3227