You Sang to Me by Rogue Kushman
Summary: Rogue comforts Logan after a nightmare.
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1302 Read: 2084 Published: 03/04/2009 Updated: 03/04/2009
Story Notes:
I am not a writer most of the time I just read but I sometimes find songs that I like and come up with stories out of no where.

1. You Sang to Me by Rogue Kushman

You Sang to Me by Rogue Kushman
I just wanted you to comfort me
when I called you late last night you see
I was fallin' into love
oh yes, I was crashin' into love
oh of all the words you sang to me
about life, the truth and bein' free yea
you sang to me, oh how you sang to me


Logan sat up. Another nightmare. He rolled over and looked at the clock, it was three thirty in the morning. He sat up and reached for the phone, it may be early but she wouldn’t mind and right now her voice is what he needed. It rang four times and then went to her voice mail, he hung up and tried again. This time she picked up on the third ring, “Marie.”

“I’ll be over in a minute,” she answered, hanging up before he could even answer.

He reached for the pants at the end of his bed. Pulling them on he and opened the door so she could walk in. He sat down on the bed and a few seconds later she walked in. Closing the door behind her she walked over to the bed and sat down behind Logan. She slowly started massaging his neck and back. It wasn’t long before Logan started to relax, Marie scooted forward and wrapped her arms around him resting her head on his back. He turned in her arms and let her hold him, he couldn’t remember how it got this way between them but this is how it was. He would have a nightmare and she would come in and massage his back till he relaxed and then she would just hold him. Tonight was different though, as she held him with his head on her shoulder and one of her legs over his lap and the other behind him, she sang to him. He didn’t really listen to the words but he understood what she was saying.

girl I live off how you make me feel
so I question all this bein' real
cuz I'm not afraid to love
for the first time I'm not afraid of love
oh, this day seems made for you and me
and you showed me what life needs to be
yea you sang to me, oh you sang to me


As she sang he thought of all the time they spent together. When he woke up in the morning after taking his shower she was the first person he looked for. They ate lunch together everyday, and sometimes went out for dinner and rides on the bike. He always felt good knowing that when he went out on missions she would be right there when he came home. Home, home is what the mansion had become for him. He used to laugh when they went for a ride, she would say, “lets go home Logan,” and he would laugh and say, “I ain’t got a home, kid, just a place to lay my head till I leave again.” She would just nod and climb onto the bike. Now he knew it was home but in his heart he didn’t know why.

all the while you were in front of me I never realized
I jus' can't believe I didn't see it in your eyes
I didn't see it, I can't believe it
oh but I feel it
when you sing to me


He closed his eyes and pictured the last time he came home from a mission. It had been a long one and everyone who had gone was tired. Logan was the last one off the jet as always and when he stepped down onto the ground she was the first one he looked for. Scott was there hugging Jean, Ororo was leaning over to hug the Professor, Jubilee, Bobby and Kitty were doing their best not to fall over as the limped out of the hanger, he watched them and as they walked out the door he spotted her. He walked over to her calmly and wrapped her in he’s arms, remembering now he remembered looking in her eyes. Her eyes had always been a mystery to him, when he looked into them there was something there that he couldn’t understand. Listening to her now he realized that that something in her eyes was Love.

how I long to hear you sing beneath the clear blue skies
and I promise you this time I'll see it in your eyes
I didn't see it, I can't believe it
oh but I feel it
when you sing to me


He thought about it, why hadn’t he seen it before? He had always looked to her for comfort but never understood why she was always there. He had thought it was because she felt she owed him for saving her. He had asked her once and she said, “because that’s what friends do Logan. They take care of each other,” he had excepted that but now he knew the truth. It was because she loved him and he was to stupid to realize that the reason he found such comfort in her was because he loved her too. He wanted to love her. He wanted to take care of her after she had a nightmare just like she did for him. He wanted to listen to her laugh for hours and hold her when she cried. He wanted to hear her sing everyday under a perfect sky. He wanted her to be his and him to be hers.

just to think you live inside of me
I had no idea how this could be
now I'm crazy for your love
can't believe I'm crazy for your love
the words you said you sang to me
and you showed me where I wanna be
yea you sang to me, oh you sang to me


He put his arm around her waist and pulled her around so she was sitting in his lap. She finished what she was singing and he looked up at her, “Marie, I….”

She put her finger over his lips to stop him, “Logan, don’t say anything.”

He moved his head so her finger wasn’t on his lips anymore. “Marie, I love you.” Logan held his breath, afraid he had been wrong that what he saw in her eyes was something different then her thought.

“I love you too Logan,” she said finally.

Logan let out his breath and then kissed her. It was like time stopped, the feel of her soft lips on his and the touch of her and on the back of his head holding him as though he would pull back and realize it was all a mistake. It seemed like forever but finally she pulled back.

“Logan, is this a dream?”

Logan smiled and slightly shook his head. “No, darlin’ this is for real. I love you.”

Marie smiled back at him.

“I want to marry you Marie. I know we’ve never gone on a date and we were never a couple officially for very long but I want to be with you and make you happy until the day I die.”

Marie ran her hand down the side of his face. “Logan, you can't die, that’s gonna be a little hard,” she said.

“Then I guess well have to find a way to keep you around.” He smiled when her heard her giggle. “So does that mean you’ll marry me?”

She nodded her head up and down. “Yes, Logan, I’ll marry you.”

He smiled and kissed her again. Everything was right and he finally knew why he felt at home at the mansion, Marie was home and she was at the mansion so it was home.

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3205