Oblivion by Wytchling
Summary: Legacy kills everyone Logan loves. All he wants to do is die and someone shows up to help him.
Categories: Comicverse, AU Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Dark, Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: Character Death, Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 846 Read: 2373 Published: 01/08/2009 Updated: 01/08/2009
Story Notes:
Ok stupid evil plot bunny that I crucified pulled a resurrection on me. Anyone have some Napalm?

1. Chapter 1 by Wytchling

Chapter 1 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok so everyone dies and it's all my fault. I'm sorry. And the world is taken over by Aliens. I'm a little weird.
"Kill me. Just do it lady."

~~~The world was ending. Legacy had been worming it's way across the earth for five years and now the only survivors were tiny outcroppings of five or less people who were terrified of letting anyone near them. Logan had as ever remained immune and unaffected. He watched the Professor die, Storm, Jean, Scott Kitty and Bobby. He'd been keeping Rogue going for years by touching her to keep the virus at bay right up until her skin had shut down. She had died in a matter of hours and he was left to wander the world alone. He couldn't settle anywhere it reminded him off too many memories he would rather just forget.

After five years of the virus ravaging the human and mutant population something ironic happened. He had laughed at the time, it had just been funny. Aliens had landed on Earth and apparently they were immune to the Legacy virus. According to the small infrequent rumors he'd managed to hear they had decided to colonize the planet and rebuild the civilization that had been apparent. They had started rounding up the humans who were more than willing to let the Aliens have their way. After all the humans were rounded up the Aliens set aside a twenty mile stretch of land for them to inhabit until they either died or revolted and then set about rebuilding Earth.

Logan hadn't been among those rounded up. He'd evaded them and gone his own way. Right up until one of them found him. She was setting up the equivalent of a homestead in New York. She'd taken over what was left of Xaviers' school and was rebuilding with style. Logan had seen her tearing apart Rogues old room and had gone berserk. He rushed her claws extended. She had reacted by pinning him to the wall and screaming at him in her own language until she realized that he couldn't understand her. She had then stopped and stared him in the eyes until she had found what she wanted. Before his eyes she had morphed into Rogue and he'd felt his rage crumble into dust.

She let him down and he sobbed in her arms. Once he was spent he pushed away from her. "Stop looking like that lady. You ain't her."

She nodded once and her normal features returned. Her skin looked like an oil slick on water, all translucent colors shifting slightly when she moved. She had huge eyes with no pupil or iris, they were violet purple color that reminded him of Storms Orchids. What surprised him most about her was that she had no hair but it looked good on her. "Why aren't you in the Human Territory?" She asked in his language.

"I'm not gonna live on a reservation. I refuse to sit by and watch them all die like sheep while I keep going like the fuckin' energizer bunny." He growled.

"You are immortal." She said it as if it were completely normal.

"I'm fucked." He said.

She blinked and he noticed she had two separate sets of eyelids. "You wish for death?"

He looked at her. "I'm desperate for death lady. I've tried to kill myself for so long I lost count."

"Because you lost your love." Her face flickered to Rogues for a brief moment.

"I lost the one thing that made me human. I tried to keep her alive, keep her with me and she died. In the end I couldn't save her. I know she's on the other side but I can't get to her." Logan felt his mind descending into blackness and tried to wrench himself back from the brink.

"I could end it for you. I know how to kill you." She said as if it were the simplest thing in the world.

He stared at her and she held up her hand. "It comes with a price."

"What price?"

"My species is no longer capable of reproduction within our own kind. We have been selecting and mating with members of other races for millenia. I wish a child. Allow me to mate with you and I will kill you."~~~

"You promised you would kill me."

Logan looked up at her from the bed, his bed, the bed he had shared with Rogue. She was standing in the door way but he couldn't read her face, her eyes expressionless. She moved forward slowly her body changing shape as she moved until she looked like Rogue standing at his side on the bed. She bent down and kissed him and he felt his life slipping away. Not into her but into oblivion. He felt a sense of freedom and peace, one he hadn't had since Rogue died.

He opened his eyes for the last time and saw Rogues brown and white hair and felt a sense of relief that it was her image that he saw as the last of his life. Then his heart stopped, his breathing stilled and he was gone floating into oblivion. Floating to Rogue.
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3131