Winter Wonderland by Wytchling
Summary: Someone is after Logan Who is it this time? Morgan comes back to help.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Action, Adult, Dark, Drama, Holiday
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: Christmas Carols
Chapters: 14 Completed: Yes Word count: 8153 Read: 75419 Published: 12/16/2008 Updated: 01/05/2009
Story Notes:
I don't know what prompted this one but I'm hoping it pans out.

1. Chapter 1 by Wytchling

2. Chapter 2 by Wytchling

3. Chapter 3 by Wytchling

4. Chapter 4 by Wytchling

5. Chapter 5 by Wytchling

6. Chapter 6 by Wytchling

7. Chapter 7 by Wytchling

8. Chapter 8 by Wytchling

9. Chapter 9 by Wytchling

10. Chapter 10 by Wytchling

11. Chapter 11 by Wytchling

12. Chapter 12 by Wytchling

13. Chapter 13 by Wytchling

14. Chapter 14 by Wytchling

Chapter 1 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok so I'm sorry there isn't any Logan Rogue interaction in this chapter but there will be in the next one. Lots and lots of it. I just had to get the stage set for it. Morgan is coming back! Yay! Sorry I love my character.
"Cassandra! Don't eat the lights! Logan grab her before she swallows that! Hunter where are ya?" The video went black after that and Morgan sat back against the pillows a smile playing across her face.

Rogue had been sending her videos of the kids Christmases every year since she'd left them with Logan and Rogue. Even though she'd been to see them every three months as per her agreement with Logan she never stayed for Christmas. She looked at the tapes scattered about on the bed. Seven in all and she'd been watching them in chronological order. Someone knocked on the door and she scowled. "What?"

The door opened and the leader of the mercenary group she'd contracted with walked in. He looked at the scattered tapes and sniffed dismissively. She narrowed her eyes and he saw them glow red for a moment. "We have a new job offer."

"Why tell me?"

"Because it concerns a place you used to stay." He replied.

"You know I won't participate in any job that attacks mutant havens and if you're considering attacking Xaviers' you may want to update your will." Morgan replied with a smirk.

"It's not an attack on the School. We're being sent in to snatch one person and deliver them to the buyer." He replied.

She stood fluidly and adjusted her wings. "Who?"

"Wolverine."

She laughed humorously. "You would have better luck snatching Charles Xavier himself right out of the dining hall."

He regarded her for a long moment. "So you would advise not taking the job."

"I would. I'd also call the other Merc leaders and tell them to refuse the job as well or they'll end up very dead. Wolverine has only gotten more dangerous since gaining a family." She started picking up the tapes.

"You'll be leaving soon then?"

She put the tapes back in the box she kept them in and looked at him for a long moment. "Yeah. I'll be back though. You know me."

He raised an eyebrow but refrained from commenting. He left shutting the door behind him. As he walked down the hall he reflected on Morgan. She'd shown up in the middle of an operation and had admittedly pulled his ass out of the fire. She'd then offered to work for him but with a catch, she would leave every three months. Be gone for two weeks to a month then show back up for another three months. He'd tried to follow her the first few times but not having wings of his own it'd been impossible since she knew how to cover her trail.
And those wings. He'd been shocked at first when she'd fanned them and hovered effortlessly in midair. She'd made no secret of the fact that she was a mutant but she was the best at what she did and he couldn't fault her skills. She'd fit into his group well and they'd had more successful contracts than ever before so they'd pretty much ignored what she was.

He walked into his office and closed the door. Sitting down he kept thinking about the situation. She'd made her position on contracts against mutant groups clear when he'd accepted a contract against a mutant haven. She'd disappeared and when he'd shown up she was there. She'd warned the group then organized them into a defensive formation and wiped the floor with his group. After they'd limped off she'd returned. He'd found himself pinned to the floor with her standing on his chest her wings fanned and her eyes glowing blood red. She'd warned him never to do that again and he'd agreed readily enough.

His phone rang and he answered. "Regrettably we've accepted another contract." He said and ended the call before the contractor could start spewing obscenities.

He leaned back in his chair and toyed with a pen. He'd been attracted to Morgan since she'd shown up in the middle of his operation but she'd been uninterested. He heard a tap on his door and Morgan strode in without waiting for him to answer. Typical Morgan. "I'm taking off. Try not to get killed while I'm gone."

"That was only once." He replied mildly.

She smirked and hitched her bag up on her shoulder. He looked at the calender on a whim and noticed that it was almost Christmas. About a week until Christmas Eve in fact. He decided not to mention it. "I refused the job." He said as she was leaving.

She turned back to him for a moment. "Good." She said and walked out of his office.
End Notes:
Please Review!!
Chapter 2 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok, as promised here's more Logan Rogue interaction. Hope you like her appearance on the scene.
"Cassandra, Hunter. It's time for breakfast. Come on you two. Scooters gonna eat all the bacon if you don't move it." Logan yelled.

Hunter was the first one down the stairs his dark eyes sleep hazed. "M'up, m'up." He mumbled.

"Where's yer sister?"

"She's been up. She's probably down stairs with Storm in the gardens." Hunter yawned.

"Doin' what? It's snowing out." Logan glanced out the cabin window.

"Dunno. Don't wanna know." Hunter replied as he pulled his jacket on.

Logan smirked at the eight year old as he tugged his own coat on. "Come on kid. Yer mom's got her hands elbow deep in pancake batter and you know how fast they go."

Hunter eyes lit up and he shoved his feet into boots and hurried out the door. Logan followed him easily through the drifts. He saw Cassandra and Storm building snowmen in the gardens. "Cassandra! Come on, pancake time!" Logan yelled to her.

She giggled and started moving towards them levitating over the snow with sublime ease. She was nearly to him when Logan smelt something in the crisp air that had him running towards her. "Get down." He bellowed and both kids dropped to the snow instinctively just as bullets ripped through the air. Logan felt a sting in his shoulder and the world started to spin. Just as he fell he caught sight of a pair of raven black wings. More gunshots and the kids screaming then the world went black.
---------------------------------------------------------------

He woke a few hours later in the medbay. Rogue was talking to Hank but when he sat up she spun around. "Logan. Oh mah god are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm good, what happened?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck.

His head ached and she handed him a couple of pills. He dry swallowed them while she spoke. "Someone's taken out a hit on you Logan. They were hidin' in the treeline. They shot ya with a trank. It had seven kinds of sedatives. You were out for six hours."

Logan grimaced. "Where're the kids?"

"Upstairs. They're fine."

"You sure. I thought I saw Hunter before I blacked out." Logan stood and looked around for his boots.

Rogue handed them to him. "That wasn't Hunter. Morgan showed up. She' with the kids."

Logan stilled and Rogue nodded. "Yeah. She just showed up outta the blue. She won't tell me why she's hear, says she wants to talk to you."

Logan nodded and finished lacing his boots. He stood and nodding to Hank strode out of the medbay. When he exited the elevator he saw Morgan sitting on a couch watching her kids playing with a set of wooden trains.

"What's goin' on Morgan." He growled.

She stood up her wings tightly folded against her back. She was wearing a pair of form fitting leather pants a skin tight red blouse covered by a leather vest. All in all she looked more like a high end stripper than one of the most deadly mercenaries in the continental US. She looked him dead in the eyes. Her eyes blood red and swirling in agitation. "Someone tried to hire me to catch you and deliver you."
End Notes:
Please Review!
Chapter 3 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok. So a little more. This is one persistent story little bits keep popping into my head. Anyway. Hope people like it.
"Who?" Logan growled making Cassandra flinch a little.

"We'll discuss it after the kids have left the room." Morgan replied calmly.

"We'll discuss it now Morgan." He snapped.

She sighed. "My boss got a call from a contractor, they wanted you delivered, like a pizza. I told my boss if he took the job he'd die in less time than it takes to blink. He believed me but it looks like someone else has taken the job."

"Could it be yer boss anyway? Maybe the buyer upped the bid." Logan crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

Morgan shook her head. "When Gregory says no he doesn't recant. Besides, shooting at you while there were witnesses and kids around isn't his style."

Cassandra stood and walked over to Logan. She levitated up into his arms and cuddled into him. Morgan watched her daughter cuddle into Logan but it didn't seem to phase her. He thought about what she'd said. "Any ideas who's doin' it then?"

"Probably Castleton. Bastard doesn't care who gets caught in the line of fire." She replied with a thoughtful look.

Logan raised an eyebrow and she shrugged. "Don't ask how I know. I'm contractually bound to keep my mouth shut."

Rogue cleared her throat and Morgan looked over at her. Logan could smell the hint of arousal coming from Morgan but he ignored it and looked to Rogue. "Is this Mercenary gonna attack the mansion?"

"Only if Logan is here." Morgan replied.

Logan nodded. "So I need to leave fer a bit no problem."

"There is a problem." Rogue interjected. "Its three days till Christmas."

Morgan looked at her like she was insane but Logan nodded. "She's right. The kids are expectin' me to be here."

"You have got to be kidding! Someone is trying to capture you like a wild animal and you're worried about Christmas?"

Logan and Rogue glanced at each other then back at her. "You haven't had a Christmas in almost eleven years have you?" Rogue asked.

"I haven't wanted to." Morgan replied.

"Well this year your gonna." Rogue pronounced.

Morgan frowned and opened her mouth to protest but Logan silenced her. "'fraid yer not gonna win this one." He said.

"Stay mommy. Please?" Hunter pleaded looking up at her from his spot on the floor with the trains.

"Oh thats cheating." Morgan muttered.

Logan rubbed Cassandras back and thought about their circumstances. When Morgan had left the kids with he and Rogue she'd agreed to visit every three months and the kids got to call her mom. But the also called Rogue mom and himself dad. Cassandra turned her head a little to look at Morgan. "Please mommy?"

Morgan threw her hands up. "I'm bested! You little cheaters win."

Logan felt a smile crawl across his face and saw an answering smile on Rogues. "We'll figure out security later. For now it's supper time." Logan said and set Cassandra down.

The kids ran ahead of them with Rogue Morgan and Logan hung back. Logan looked over at Morgan. "After dinner I need to know everything about this Castleton guy. How he works and how many people he's likely to have brought."

Morgan ran a hand through her hair and Logan followed its passage. Over the years she'd cut it frequently bit it was never as short as it had been when she was dating Rogue. "You didn't hear any of the info from me." She said. "I mean it too. I'm breaking contract telling you anything."

He nodded. "Sure. Just tell me how to kill the guy."
End Notes:
Please Review!!!!
Chapter 4 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
And the leader from chapter one is back. He's one of my characters same as Morgan. Sorry about the limited Logan/Rogue interaction. There will be more soon I promise.
Christmas Eve found Logan hanging stockings over the huge mantle in the main gathering room. Cassandra was levitating next to him holding the box of nails while Hunter handed him stockings with names inscribed in gold glitter. Rogue and Morgan were patrolling the grounds keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity but so far no one had tried to get to Logan since the first attack. Logan looked around at the kids playing board games or sitting at the row of game consoles and reflected that not too many years ago he'd have been on the road come December first. He pulled a small smirk as he tacked another stocking up. This place was making him soft.

"Last stocking dad." Hunter said and handed him the red felt by the loop.

Logan took it but didn't hang it immediately instead he studied Hunters face and wondered when he'd first heard Hunter and Cassandra call him dad. He couldn't remember and he wondered if that was a good thing. He hung the stocking and took the nails from Cassandra. "Go on and play you two."

Cassandra lowered herself to the ground and scampered off with Hunter towards the kitchens. "You two leave Storm alone in the kitchen hear?"

He chuckled as they veered off course and into the rec room. He could smell the gingerbread cookies Storm was baking and he knew the kids could too. He walked into the kitchen and started putting the tools away. Storm looked up at him with a smile. "The stockings are hung?"

""All twenty three of them." He confirmed and glanced out the windows.

"Rogue and Morgan passed the window five minutes ago. I'm sure they'll be in soon." Storm said accurately reading his glance.

He nodded and pinched a cookie when she wasn't looking, only to be zapped with a spark of static electricity. He stuffed the cookie in his mouth and beat a hasty retreat. He heard the door open and smelt more than heard Morgan and Rogue walking in. Rogues vanilla and strawberry scent mingled with Morgans muskier scent. They were peeling out of their coats and shucking boots. "Pieter and Bobby are on rotation." Rogue said upon seeing him.

She kissed him quickly and murmured appreciably at the hint of ginger on his tongue. Morgan moved past them into the rec room. She leaned against the wall to watch her kids playing foosball against a couple of other kids. Rogue excused herself to help Storm in the kitchen and Logan went to stand next to Morgan. "Nothing?"

"Obviously." She replied shortly.

"What's yer problem?" He asked.

"I don't do Christmas." She replied.

"I didn't either till I hooked up with the X-Men." He replied.

Morgan quirked a brow but didn't comment. She was looking at the photo's on the walls her eyes settling on the picture of her brother Robert, he'd lived at the mansion for three years before moving to Europe and he hadn't been heard from since. Xavier assured everyone he was fine but had retreated to a religious commune and did not wish to be disturbed. Logan's opinion had been that he was already disturbed. "Why hasn't Castleton made his move?" He asked her.

"Because we're waiting for it and he knows it. Castleton isn't stupid despite attacking in broad daylite with kids around." She replied. "If I read him correctly he'll wait until Christmas day or the day after."

Logan snorted. He'd pumped her for every scrap of information he could get out of her. Not that it had gleaned much. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "You ever gonna come back fer yer kids?"

"They aren't mine anymore." She replied coolly. "I birthed them and got them as far as I could but I'm no fit mom. Besides, they call you dad and Rogue mom."

He inclined his head. "They call you 'mom' too ya know."

"Yes and I wish you hadn't encouraged that."

He shrugged and watched the twins tag team the larger boy they were playing against. He heard a door bell ring and went to answer it. Standing on the stoop was a tall man dressed in a long black leather trench coat. Dark eyes set under thick brows seemed to search his own from a youngish face pocked here and there with burn scars. Arrayed behind him were three men and one woman all had the hardened look of people used to killing. They all wore trench coats and most had scars. Logan could smell the scent of old blood on all of them and it made his hackles raise. "Who're you?" He snarled.

"My name is Gregory Hale. I'm looking for Morgan." The man spoke with the calm assurance of someone with superior fire power.

"Why?" Logan barked and fought the urge to pop his claws and cut the mans head from his shoulders.

"We're here to help her." The man replied coldly.

"Morgan! You know a guy named Hale?" Logan barked.

He heard her wings unfurl with a snap and knew she was pissed. His claws popped with a 'snik' Hale and his group suddenly came out with an array of weapons. He counted six guns, a knife and an electric baton. Morgan came up behind him and he shifted a little to the left. "Gregory. What the hell are you doing here?" She snapped.
End Notes:
Please Review!!!
Chapter 5 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Not a very long chapter. Sorry guys I'll try to get a longer chapter in later.
"So let me get this right. You came all the way from freaking Wyoming to help me? And brought Michaels, Leroy, Hutch and Laurent with you. To a mansion full of mutants! Are you insane?!" Morgan was hovering a few feet in the air her wings flapping slightly.

Gregory leaned back in his chair arms crossed. "Thats about the gist of it." He replied.

Logan was watching the mercenaries. He noticed that the only other woman in the group who he'd been introduced to as Hutch was leaning against the door frame playing with her electric baton. Her husband Laurent was leaning against the other side of the frame. Leroy and Michaels were standing behind Gregory's chair glaring at Morgan. She seemed to notice and shot them a glare. "Do not look at me like that Leroy."

Leroy surprised Logan by looking away. Apparently there was some kind of hierarchy here. "Just how are you going to help us?" He asked.

"We know who took the job. There's also a time limit on the job." Gregory replied.

"How long?" Morgan asked.

"New Years Day." Gregory answered.
End Notes:
Please Review!!
Chapter 6 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok. A little more Logan/Rogue interaction and a bit of insight into Morgan.
Christmas morning came and the rec room with its enormous tree looked like someone had set a bomb off. There were shreds of colored paper everywhere, bows and tissue paper clinging to the furniture. Logan watched the kids playing outside in the snow while he stood by the window where it was relatively paper free. He yawned enormously and sipped at his coffee as he watched Cassandra and Hunter engaging in a snowball war with their friends. He smelt Morgan behind him. She hadn't come down to participate in the unwrapping but he didn't really blame her. "They missed you."

"They shouldn't have." She replied rubbing her eyes wearily.

He'd been up half the night with her and the Mercenary group devising a plan of attack and defense. He'd noticed how the Hale fellow had watched her but he'd put it outta his mind for the time being. Rogue came in with a huge black trash bag. "Hey you two. Help clean this up."

Logan set his coffee aside and bent to help. Morgan picked a side of the room and worked in silence. Rogue and Logan cleaned their side. After it was done Rogue looked at Morgan. "Dinner is in a few hours, ya are gonna be there."

Her tone brooked no argument but Morgan decide to give one. "Why do you do this Rogue?"

"Do what?" Rogue asked and Logan sat back to watch the fireworks.

"Why do you insist on me being part of the family? Why after seven years of rejected invitations do you suddenly think I'm gonna just go along with the lovey dovey Christmas crap?!" Morgan had her hands planted on her hips and her eyes glowed blood red.

"Because ya are family." Rogue replied hotly. "Yer kids miss ya. I miss ya. Logan would miss ya if he knew ya well enough. And thats what Christmas is about. Family. And from what Ah saw ya have more than jus us. That bunch o' cut throats care about ya. As much as they can anyway."

Morgan laughed. "Rogue I have a contract. Dieing kind of ruins that. I'm an investment and they're protecting that. And leave the kids out of this. I brought them here to have a childhood. If Logan hadn't insisted I'd never have agreed to the damned deal in the first place. They don't need me fuckin' up they're lives."

"Then why did ya have 'em?" Rogue asked.

Logan had to give Rogue credit. He'd wondered that himself and as he watched Morgan he realized she didn't know either. "I don't know. Karma, kismet, a sense of responsibility, wishful thinking? Hell I've come up with a lot of ideas. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to raise them. I love them sure but I don't want to raise them."

Logan could see her point there but he sipped his coffee and sat in silence watching the two of them. "And besides Rogue. I wouldn't be here if Logan hadn't got a hit out on himself."

"This ain't his fault!" Rogue yelled.

"Not it isn't but it's certainly complicated a smooth operation hasn't it?"

"Smooth?! The School may be alotta things but it ain't smooth." Rogue replied "And stop changing the subject. Why don't ya want to be with yer family?"

"Cause you aren't my family!" Morgan shouted her wings fanning out and lifting her up off the floor a few inches.

"Well we want to be!" Rogue shouted right back.

A cough from the door way startled all of them and Gregory came sauntering into the room. "Am I interrupting?"

"Yeah, ya are." Rogue replied shortly.

"Well too damned bad." He replied caustically. "I came to collect Morgan. We're up for patrol."

Rogue growled but didn't say anything as Morgan passed by her and out the door with Gregory. She looked at Logan. "She's a stubborn little bitch ain't she sugah?"

He nodded and patted the seat beside him. "I suppose she is. S'why you love her though."

She curled up against him and rested her cheek on his chest. "I just want her to know she's not alone."

"Oh I think she's got the picture." He replied with a wry grin.

"Guess I went a little overboard huh?"

"Nah Darlin'." He sipped his coffee and glanced around the room.

"You suppose Hale loves her?" Rogue asked.

"Logan winced internally, he could hear Rogues inner Yenta coming to life. "Maybe."

"Think I should tell him she's gay?"

"Nah. Let him find out on his own when she cold cocks him."

They both laughed quietly at that. Rogue crawled out of his embrace with a sigh. "I should get back to the kitchen. I'm makin' the stuffin'."

Logan licked his lips appreciatively. Rogue made the best stuffing he'd ever had. As she walked past him he swatted her butt lightly and she tossed a saucy look over her shoulder as she walked away. He leered back. He had a few plans for the post Christmas Dinner nap. Not that they'd be napping much.
End Notes:
Please Review!!!!
Chapter 7 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok. So there's no Logan Rogue interaction in this chapter but there will be soon. I promise. Hope you like this. Surprise!!!
"What was that?" Gregory asked while they were making their first round.

"That was private Gregory." She replied shortly.

"Can't be private when you're shouting for all the mansion to hear." He commented.

Morgan glared at him but he seemed unaffected. "Why did you come here Gregory? I told you not to take the job and then I left."

Gregory didn't answer immediately. "You've been working for me for six years right?"

She sighed. "Yeah. Around that."

"I've seen you kill without a qualm. I've watched you fly into burning buildings and I've watched you cold cock a man for looking at you cross eyed. But never in six years have I seen you argue with anyone." His eyes scanned the treeline.

Morgan raised an eyebrow. "Doesn't answer my question Gregory."

"I wanted to see the place you run to every three months." He answered.

She opened her wings and floated around in front of him. "Why Gregory? I've told you my reasons are private and as you may have noticed after six years I'm a mutant."

"Maybe because I'd like to know you better."

She hovered in front of him and he had to stop or he'd run her over. She looked stunned. "Gregory. There are four other members of the crew to know better. Why focus on me?"

He watched her for a long moment taking in the sight of her. Long legs bent slightly at the knees and angles a little to the side. Her wings spread and flapping slightly keeping her airborne and at eye level with him. She'd cut her black hair since joining his group and it was a close cut pixie cut that made her look more than less like a winged devil. Crimson red eyes swirling slowly watched him from a scarred face that had seen and done too much. He took a slow breath and saw her pupils dilate slightly. "Because I think I'm attracted to you in the way of a man to a woman."

Morgans wings stilled and she dropped back to the ground. Her eyes wide and whirling faster the red brightening. He watched her carefully not knowing whether to expect an attack or not.
End Notes:
Please Review!!!
Chapter 8 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Morgan gets even. I hope everyone likes this cause I'm pulling out all the stops with Morgan
Morgan stared at him, the whirling of her eyes slowing to a gentle pulse. He watched her wings flick closed pressing themselves against her back and began to relax a little. He'd noticed that when she was upset or angry her wings were the first indication. She brought one leather gloved hand up to her chin and cocked an eyebrow. "And what, pray tell, brought that on?" She asked.

"I have no idea. Something about this place just made it seem like the best time to spit it out and knowing how much you detest tact and subtlety..." He trailed off.

She nodded and kept watching him although her posture was relaxed and calm, almost peaceful even if he could overlook the complete alertness behind her eyes and the way she tilted her head from side to side to pick up faint sounds around them. She smiled slowly. "I suppose you wouldn't have known I was gay." She mused and he felt his heart pitch.

Then he caught the past tense. "Was?" He inquired.

"Yeah. Something about having kids and being dumped by my one and only serious lover for a hairy Canadian kinda puts a girl off it." She replied.

He raised an eyebrow. "Rogue." She clarified for him.

He quirked a slight smile. "I wouldn't have thought her the type."

"To what? Be Bi-sexual or to hook up with me?"

"Both." He replied frankly.

"I know what you mean but you also haven't seen her fight. She's as good as me. Better when her skin is on." Morgan reminiced.

Gregory chose to leave it be. He could find out what she meant later. "So that means you're bi-sexual as well?"

"I suppose it does." She murmured and took a sauntering step towards him.

He forced his shoulders to relax and fought to keep the wariness from his eyes. She caught it and chuckled darkly. "You think you know me so well." She purred and took the last step so she was pressed up against him.

"Six years remember?"

"And in six years you've had three drinks with me. Talked to me occasionally in a casual way and never inquired as to my family. How does that mean you know me?" She asked her face close to his and he realized for the first time just how tall she really was. Tall enough to fit under his chin but short enough that his six foot five frame melded with hers comfortably.

"I suppose you're right." He murmured savoring the feel of her pressed against him.

He looked down into her dark red eyes his face dipping down. She pushed up swiftly and kissed him thoroughly. Her tongue sweeping past his teeth and across his tongue. He felt his heart racing and his thought coagulated into insensible mush.

By the time she was through kissing him he felt as if he'd never regain his sense. Then she stepped back cocked her fist and punched him in the face. Her fist rotating but she aimed away from his nose. Looking down at him in the snow she pursed her lips and snapped her wings open. "By the way Gregory. I Quit." And she took to the air leaving him sitting in the wet wondering what the hell had just happened.
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!
Chapter 9 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Gregory wants Morgan. Logan and Rogue give him some insite into what love is and what he wants.
Logan set the enormous turkey on the cutting board ignoring how hot it was and started slicing. He looked over and saw Gregory walking in. He was wet had a dark brown discoloration on his face. "She got ya good didn't she?" He commented and pulled a cold pack out of the freezer.

Gregory took it gratefully and put it to the bruise. "She has an evil right hook." He confirmed.

"Let me guess. Ya told her you're in love with her?" Rogue asked from the stove where she was mixing stuffing.

"Indeed." Gregory replied and sat on a stool.

Rogue gave Logan a smirk and he dug a five dollar bill out of his pocket. "Yeah yeah darlin' She only punched him she didn't castrate him."

Rogue shrugged. "There's still time."

Gregory glared at the two of them. "I'm glad you find this amusing."

Logan snorted and went back to slicing the turkey. "It is amusin' bub. This is Xaviers'. Ya won't find a bigger or stranger soap opera anywhere. Hell thats why no one here watches soaps. They just watch each other."

Gregory leaned back and watched the two of them work around each other. "Any suggestions?" He asked.

"Learn to duck." Logan replied and started putting turkey sliced on a huge plate.

He pulled a huge ham out of another oven and began slicing that up as well. "And just keep trying."

"She resigned." Gregory replied dourly.

"Oh no she didn't." Rogue replied.

"She told me she quit, just after delivering a spectacular twisting right hook." He smirked.

"Yeah well Morgan neva quits. She may stop or pull back or retreat but she neva quits." Rogue replied.

"So what she just retreated?" He asked shortly.

Logan growled warningly at his tone and Gregory inclined his head apologetically. Rogue turned to look at him her eyes older than her years. "You've neva had to work hard at gettin' a woman have ya?"

"Not really." He admitted.

"Well yer gonna have to work at gettin' Morgan. She's skittish, doesn't trust people and Ah'm afraid I'm part of the problem." Rogue looked at her spoon guiltily.

Logan put the knife down and reached out to touch her arm. "Not yer fault she wasn't yer mate darlin'."

"Ah still feel bad." Rogue replied.

"She mentioned that she was gay." Gregory interjected.

Rogue chuckled. "Ah think she's more bi-sexual than gay. She just liked women better. Said she'd neva found a man worth her life."

Gregory raised an eyebrow but kept his mouth shut. Rogue continued. "Morgan is an all or nothin' girl. She wants it all. All of yer heart, all of yer love, all of yer regard. She'll let ya do what ya like and go where eva you want but she wants to know that she's in yer thoughts all the time."

Gregory watched Logan while Rogue spoke and for a brief moment he thought he saw that kind of devotion gleaming from the mans hazel eyes. "And be damned sure she'll give as good as she gets." Rogue finished.

Gregory thought about that for a few moments before speaking again. "So how do you suggest I proceed?"
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!!
Chapter 10 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok. Again no Logan Rogue interaction but it will be in the next chapter I promise. Sorry this chapter took so long. Holidays kept me wicked busy.
Gregory sat watching the denizens of the mansion after Christmas dinner. They had eaten the huge meal with gusto and a lot of loud talking as each person vied to be heard over each other. Now they sprawled on couches and on the floor reading, watching movies or just talking. Some he suspected were napping. He smirked. The mansion was under threat yet they lazed about as if they didn't have a thing to worry about. He heard Michaels walk up next to him. The man clucked his tongue in derision. "They act as if they haven't a care." He rumbled with his thick accent.

Gregory had never been able to find out where Michaels came from nor was the huge man likely to tell him but he was trustworthy and fierce as a lion. "They're children. And they've the luxury."

"Luxury won't keep Castleton from slitting their throats if they get in the way."

"Your sources have confirmed that he is behind this." Gregory had set Michaels to finding out just who was behind the attack.

"They did. They also confirmed that the Wolverine is the target. It appears that the military is planning to clone him."

"I wasn't aware that cloning had come that far yet." Gregory commented.

"A lot of things can come a long way when one isn't worried about legality." Michaels commented.

Gregory nodded. "True."

"I've set Leroy, Hutch and Laurent to patrolling the grounds. They're keeping a close eye on the weak points. Apparently Wolverine has some of the older students patrolling as well and they're actually good at it. That big fellow. The Russian, he's the best of the lot." Michaels crossed his huge arms over his chest.

"Colossus." Gregory confirmed. "He'd be an asset if we could get him away from the X-Men."

"Always recruiting."

"Damned straight. We've lost three Mercs this year. People are starting to think I'm getting old."

"You? Old? Hardly Gregory." Morgan stalked in past Michaels.

"Hello Morgan." Michaels smirked.

Gregory watched them with interest. Michaels had been against Morgan joining under contract, they'd had a sparring match to settle the point. A match Morgan had won after a particularly dirty move. They had since become friends in as much as two Mercs could be friends. Morgan looked at Gregory and raised an eyebrow. "I heard from Hutch that there was info."

He nodded and told her what Michaels had confirmed. She nodded. "Then we know how to proceed. He's likely going to attack at night. Probably tomorrow night or the night after. Shall we set a trap?"

Gregory leaned against the wall and considered it for a moment. "A trap would be a good idea but I want to take Castleton alive. I'm tired of his dirty tactics. Not to mention he's been bid rigging to get the premium contracts."

Morgan winced. "Nasty little cuss."

Gregory nodded. "So here's what we do." He started outlining a plan. By the time he was done Morgan was grinning and Michaels had to hold back a bark of laughter. "You get to tell Logan." Gregory said pointing at Morgan.

Morgan nodded. "Sounds good to me."
End Notes:
Please Review!!!!!
Chapter 11 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
More Logan Rogue interaction and some action! Yay!
And there's a casualty. The person may or may not live it really depends on my mood when I write the next chapter.

~ ~ Indicates past event
Logan lay in bed with Rogue and stared at the ceiling, Gregory had cornered him and filled him in on the details of a plan that would in likelihood work but left him feeling dissatisfied. He glanced over at Rogue who was sleeping peacefully. Logan heard the rustle of wings and he caught Morgan flying by the window. She knew he would be awake so she waved as she went by and Logan heaved a sigh.

~"Just stay in your room with Rogue. The plan won't work if you're out and about with raging claws."~

Suddenly Logan heard the sound he'd been waiting for all night. Gunfire. Rogue snapped awake with the ease of long practice and they both jumped out of bed. Logan grabbed her arm and indicated the cloths folded on the little stool Rogue had dragged into their room one year and she nodded after looking down at her tiny silk nighty. Once they were both dressed they bolted down the stairs. Scott, Jean, Storm and Hank joined them. They had left St John and Bobby in charge of keeping the kids safe in the danger room and rushed out the door and into what looked like a war zone.

Logan saw Hutch and her Husband Laurent were fighting back to back and doing it with style while Leroy guarded Gregory's back. Michaels was missing as was Morgan. Logan started forward claws extended. A group of black clad mercenaries surged forward to meet him and he was hard pressed to keep them at bay. Rogue was using a couple of batons that she's taken away from a pair of mercs who were laying insensate at her feet and was floating a few feet above the ground while she worked. What surprised Logan was when Morgan dove down and took out a merc a few yards away from him. She crashed into him pushing a tranquilizer gun out of his hands and beating his head into unrecognizable pulp. She looked enraged and Logan sucked in his breath sharply when the flood lights came on and showed the long bloody rents in her wings. Someone had fired a shrapnel gun at her and she was a mass of bleeding wounds but she was enraged and still fighting.

As suddenly as the fight had begun it stopped. Rogue had managed to grab Castleton and was suspending him forty feet in the air telling him to call off the attack. He did so and the black clad mercs dropped their weapons and surrendered. Gregory and his mercs strode over to Logan and Rogue. "Mind if we borrow your interrogation cell."

"We don't have one but you can lock him in an observation cell and we'll lock the rest of 'em up in the pool house." Logan replied.

Gregory nodded and opened his mouth to give the order when Michaels called to him from across the battle field. Gregory turned and Logan watched his eyes go wide with shock. Logan looked over to Michaels and felt his gorge rise. Michaels and Rogue were kneeling on the ground next to Morgan. Rogue was trying to resuscitate her former lover. Gregory and Logan sprinted over and they both stared in shock and horror. Morgan was a bloody mess. Her wings were torn to tattered shreds and one of the spines was broken. "Hank! Medical emergency over here!" Logan roared and the blue furred man sprinted over.
He gasped at what he saw. He bent and scooped Morgan into his arms unmindful of the blood staining his fur and sprinted with her to the Mansion.
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 12 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok. Sorry this is a short chapter. My kid is on his way home and I'm no where near done cleaning but this needed writing.
Morgan was a mess. Logan sat in the waiting area with Rogue and Gregory. They'd made the kids stay upstairs. From what Logan had seen of her Hank would be spending hours sewing her back together. He'd even requested the help of one of the residents, a young woman Logan called Raggedy Anne. She could manipulate natural fibers and had once in a fit of temper released all the stitches out of Scooters 100% cotton shirt leaving it laying in pieces on the floor while Scott stood shirtless in the hall.

Hank poked his head out of the operating room. "She's stable." He said and They stood.

He ushered them in and Logan saw the girl washing up at one of the huge stainless steel sinks. Morgan lay in a recovery bed hooked to monitors and IV's. She was still unconscious but recognizable. Logan could see that there would be some new scars on her face and arms and the lines traced across her wings reminded him of spiderwebs but the wings were intact. "She'll recover with physical therapy." Hank said.

"She's gonna hate that." Rogue commented.

"She'll deal." Gregory replied calmly.

Logan nodded grimly and looked at Gregory. "Lets go talk to Castleton."

Gregory cocked an eyebrow and gave a slow evil grin. Logan felt his heart trip a little but looking at Morgan and imagining that it could have been Rogue made a similar smile creep over his face. Rogue saw the smiles. "Don't kill him boys." Was all she said before turning and walking out of the medbay, she had promised to tell the kids as soon as their mother was out of surgery.

Logan and Gregory walked out of the operating room and down the hall to the holding cell. They could see Castleton standing in the middle of the room looking proudly defiant. Logan rotated his neck and enjoyed the sound of popping vertebrae. "Lets go ruin his day." He commented and opened the door.
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!! I need the feedback. It's addicting, like a drug. Please give me my fix!!!!!!!!
Chapter 13 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Ok. Not a very long chapter. I'm sorry for that. I've been sick this weeks so a lot of things fell by the way side. Hope this satisfies the blood thirsty nature of my readers. LOL
~~~~ ~~~~ means past event.
As it turned out ruining Castletons day was harder than Logan could have imagined.

~~~~"Which branch of the military hired you?" Gregory asked as soon as they entered the room.

He was being solicitous. Frighteningly so. His demeanor was polite, cool but not cold. He reminded Logan of a lawyer he'd met once. Friendly but in the way a predator might get close to a meal. Castleton rattled the chains on his cuffs. "I'm not telling you a thing Hale."

Hale pulled up a metal chair and sat backwards in it his arms braced on the backrest while he studied Castleton. Castleton seemed unphased. "Thats too bad Castleton. Its a real shame cause my friend here. Wolverine, well he's not to thrilled that you came after him on home territory. You put his kids in danger. Not real bright. And you could have hurt his wife. As it was you almost killed one of my Mercs."

Castleton smirked. "The mutant bitch with the wings? Can't say I'm too sorry for that."

Hale turned his head to study the wall and Logan stepped up and proceeded to work Castleton over a bit. Not doing any real damage and staying silent as he worked. Hale turned back and Logan stopped and stepped back. "You ought to be more careful Castleton. Falling over your own feet like that. Just clumsy."

Logan heard the unspoken sentiment. Anything that happened to Castleton now was Castleton's own fault regardless of who meted out the blows. Castleton spat at them. "Pounding the shit out of me isn't going to get you anything."

"Now see the way I see it you got what was coming to you. You endangered kids, lots of them, you almost killed Morgan, You've been bid rigging for years and your a sneaky little shit without any sense of honor. Seems like you've got this coming Castleton. Now you can help balance the scales by telling us what we want to know. It's a pretty good offer."

"Your bitch had it coming Hale. So did the kids here and any fucking mutant who gets in my way."

Gregory turned to study the wall again and Logan delivered a second, harsher beating working over the old bruises and laying some new ones in more delicate parts of Castleton's anatomy. Gregory looked back and Logan stopped again. "For a guy with a Masters Degree from Harvard you sure say a lot of stupid things Castleton. Might want to go back and get re-educated. Now Which branch hired you."

Castelton spat a mouthful of blood onto the floor and seemed to debate his answer. "Weapons Development Division."

"And that answer is about as useful as tits on a boar Castleton. Stop playing games. Who's funding it, Which General has which Senators backing." Gregory hadn't lost his cool slightly friendly demeanor.

"What makes you think I know that?" Castleton asked nastily. "I don't have your 'resources'. Not everyone has a mutie backing their ops."

Gregory turned to the wall again and Logan deciding he wasn't getting through to Castleton with the beatings started breaking some of the smaller bones. When Gregory looked back Castleton was on his knees cradling his left arm and whimpering in pain. "Castleton. How clumsy of you to break your hand. You shouldn't try to punch the Wolverine. You'll only hurt yourself."

Logan suppressed a feral smile but then decided to go ahead with it. Might as well psyche the asshole out a bit. Castleton saw the smile and winced. "You have resources Castleton. You make it a point to get material on all your employers in case they decide to go back on their deal. You know who's signing the check and you'll tell me eventually."

Castleton sneered but cowered a little when Logan shifted his weight.~~~~


Logan was showering when he heard someone walk into the locker room. He smelt vanilla and smiled gratefully. He could use the comfort. Gregory hadn't seemed phased by the brutality of torturing Castleton for information, had even participated in the end when Logan had silently refused to do some of the things Gregory had asked him to. Logan just felt old and dirty. He had given up that kind of life after marrying Rogue. Had given it up and been grateful to do so.

A slim pair of white hands followed by bare white arms snaked around his waist and he felt Rogues naked form pressed up against his back. He relaxed into her embrace.
End Notes:
Please Review!!!!
Chapter 14 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
This is the final chapter of the story and the series. I hope you've all enjoyed them. I don't know if I will be bringing Morgan and Gregory back. Or if I will leave it as it is. It's been so much fun writing this story. Thanks all for reading it.
**New Years Day**


Morgan was sitting on the roof on a blanket watching the students throw snow balls at each other. She flexed her wings and enjoyed the pain free sensation. Cassandra and Hunter ambushed Logan and started pelting him with snowballs while Rogue sat by and laughed at all three of them. To Morgans surprise she felt a lump in her throat watching all of them.

"Why did you give this up?" Gregory asked from behind her.

She didn't jump or make any sound of surprise but Gregory knew he had managed to surprise her. One of the students had teleported him up here. She waited a long moment before answering. "They want peace. They want families. They want to be left alone. I want to fight and scream and yell and fly and chase the adrenaline. We don't mix. Even Logan the wild man and his wife Rogue the fire cracker have settled down."

Gregory stood with his hands in his trench coat pockets watching her. She had her knees drawn up to her chest and her arms were folded on top of them. She rested her chin lightly on her arms while she watched them and her wings fanned slightly in the cold air. She was scarred and her eyes looked decades too old but he found himself captivated by her. "Is that all you want?" He asked.

She considered it for a moment. "No and yes. I want love of course but not kids. I have a family I guess. Rogue and Logan and Cassandra and Hunter so I'm not bad off. But They won't understand why I became a Merc. They live in another world."

Gregory nodded. He watched the kids playing and enjoyed their laughter but in his heart he knew how she felt. He and Morgan and even the rest of his group of Mercenaries were a world apart. "Come back with me." He said.

She looked up at him slowly, her eyes whirling slowly dark crimson and lighter scarlet red. She considered his words for a moment. "Why?" She asked.

He crouched down in front of her until they were eye to eye. He looked into her eyes taking in her scarred face and ageless depths. "Because I love you."

She raised an eyebrow. "I cold cocked you for that last time Gregory."

"It was worth it."

She regarded him and the world seemed to narrow around them until they were alone in a muffled silence. Him waiting, her considering him and what his love would mean.

"Ok." She finally replied and a slow smile crawled across her lips.

He grinned back at her and leaned forward to brush a soft chaste kiss across her lips. She reciprocated and Gregory knew that things would move at her pace. He'd won this small battle but she held the key to victory in small callused warriors hands. 'I can handle that.' He thought to himself while they watched the snow ball war below.

Logan and Rogue watched the two on the Roof of the pool house then looked away before they could get caught. Rogue slipped her small hand into Logan's larger hand and they just looked at one another. A knowing, loving glance that spoke of worlds unseen but of common knowledge.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Morgan and Gregory along with the other Mercenaries left a few days later. They were planning to storm the facility where Castleton had been told to deliver Logan. Xavier had already started putting feelers out on Senator Fields and General Hartwater. The men behind Castleton. Castleton was in Police custody and was awaiting the FBI who had been looking for him for years.

"I'll see you in three months." Morgan said as she was leaving.

Rogue gave her a hug leaving unspoken the words she wanted to say. 'Will you bring Gregory I wonder?'She thought as Morgan took to the air.

Watching Gregory Hale climb into his SUV and seeing Morgan flying several hundred feet directly above it she thought they would be coming back together. Eventually.


The End.
End Notes:
Please Review!!!!!!!!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3108