I'll be Home for Christmas by Wytchling
Summary: Logan gets a surprise visitor on Christmas day.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Action, Drama, General, Holiday
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: Christmas Carols
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 2940 Read: 14811 Published: 12/04/2008 Updated: 12/09/2008
Story Notes:
I own one character the rest belong to Marvel. If you have a problem with Homosexuals don't read.

1. Chapter 1 by Wytchling

2. Chapter 2 by Wytchling

3. Chapter 3 by Wytchling

4. Chapter 4 by Wytchling

Chapter 1 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
And enter the return of Morgan. My favorite character out of all the one's I've come up with.
Christmas morning dawned noisy and chaotic. Logan kept kids from running him over by dint of growls and dark looks. Rogue pulled him over to a couch and handed him a black coffee. It was a tradition they'd had for the last three years. Logan was brought up short by that thought. He'd been with Rogue for three years and they'd been great years. She's been pregnant once but had miscarried and they decided to wait a while before trying again. He heard a soft chiming and looked over to see the tiny silver bells hanging from her ears. Someone dropped a box in his lap. He picked it up and opened it.

Three hours later it was all over and the livingroom looked like someone had set a grenade off in the pile of presents. Wrapping paper and box pieces littered the floor. Logan watched Rogue staggering up the stairs with piles of presents that they'd both been given. He caught a glimpse of silver on her hand and he looked down at his hand. They'd gotten married a year after Morgan had left. He'd hoped that Morgan would come to the wedding but had cussed himself out soundly for that sentiment. He knew she wrote to Rob but she'd never used the phone to call him. Rogue hadn't heard from her in the three years.

He smelt sulfur and looked to see Rob striding towards him. The kid had filled out. Tall broad in shoulders and chest he looked like a suave devil with dark red eyes and black horns peeking out from under a well cared for shock of dark hair. Too bad for the swooning masses of females in the school that the kid had taken after his sister and was gay. He'd hooked up with the furry Doctor Hank who hadn't minded that there was a seven year difference in their age. Rob bared his teeth and Logan grinned back. It was a tradition with them. Logan had taken Rob under his wing and taught him how to defend himself earning the kids respect. Logan had also given the kid respect as well and they showed it in the usual manner of two alpha's meeting under peaceful terms. "Someone's at the door. Asking for you specifically."

Logan nodded and went to the front door. At first he didn't recognize the woman standing with her back to the half open door. Long black hair fell in a straight line down the back of a leather trench coat. "Can I help ya?"

She turned halfway to look at him and he had the feeling he should know her. "Hi Logan." She said and turned to face him fully. Her dark red eyes smiling as he took in the scarred face he hadn't realized he'd missed.

She was wearing the necklace with the three tiny silver bells he'd given her when she'd left. He pulled her into a bone crushing hug. He could feel the wings under her coat. "Morgan."

She pushed away and grinned at him. She leaned down and picked up a six pack of Molsens and a wooden box of cigars. "Merry Christmas."
End Notes:
Please Review!!!!
Chapter 2 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Bombshell time! Morgan has a surprise for our favorite couple. Sorry about the cliff hanger ending I only gave myself an hour to write this morning.
Whispers followed Morgan around most of the day. She ignored them with her usual alacrity and instead focused on finding Rogue who seemed to be hiding from her. Eventually she found Rogue in the attic going through piles of old junk seemingly in an attempt to figure out what was being thrown away.

"You're a rotten liar." Morgan commented leaning against the opening to the attic.

Rogue jumped and Morgan grinned. "Three years and I can still startle you."

Rogue flushed and turned back to what she was doing. "Rogue honey. What to tell me why your avoiding me? We split on good terms so it can't be that."

Rogue didn't reply so Morgan tried a different tactic She climbed up into the attic and pressed herself against Rogues back. "Marie." She whispered into Rogues ear.

Rogue pulled away sharply and turned to her. "Don't!"

Morgan raised an eyebrow. "Don't? You used to love it when I did that. And it does seem to have gotten your attention."

Rogue stared at her. "Why are you here Morgan? You left for three years. Didn't call, didn't write to anyone but Rob."

Morgan shrugged. "There wasn't any reason or me to be here anymore. You loved Logan and I loved you. I didn't want to make things hard on you and Logan so I left. Simple as that. I'm not here to stay honestly. I just needed to talk to you and Logan. Oh and Xavier."

"About what?" Rogue asked.

"I'll tell you and Logan together. Come on." And Morgan slipped back down the ladder.

Rogue followed her. Once her feet were on the hall floor Morgan surprised her again. She pinned Rogue up against the wall and kissed her soundly. She pulled back and gave Rogue a mischievous grin. "I never was much good at resisting you." And she sauntered down the hall leaving Rogue a bit dazed.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Logan knew something was up when the two of them walked into the empty classroom followed by Xavier. Rogue looked a little out of it and Morgan looked smug. Once the classroom door closed however Morgan became serious. "Ok. The reason I wanted to meet like this is because I really don't want the whole school knowing what's going on."

Logan smirked. "Good luck with that darlin'. This place breeds rumors."

"Yeah don't I know it." She replied.

Xavier cleared his throat and Morgan got back to business. "Well as Xavier would know I've been rescuing mutant kids and shipping them here or to the sister school in Montana. Along the way I screwed up and got caught. I spent six weeks in a lab which I escaped from whilst burning it to the ground and pissing on the ashes. I didn't come out alone though. I came out pregnant."

Everyone's face registered complete shock. "And what happened to the child?" Xavier asked.

"I kept them. I had twins. A boy and a girl. They'll be two soon. About two weeks ago someone stole them from the School in Montana where I stay between rescue missions. I don't know where they are or who took them. It was an inside job though. Some human posing as a mutant with minor empathic skills." Morgan looked serious.

Logan and Rogue looked at each other stunned. Neither had ever pegged Morgan for the motherly sort. Xavier brought them back to attention though. "I will of course use Cerebro to locate your children. What are their gifts?"

"My daughter Cassandra levitates which is no picnic when your trying to change a diaper. My son Hunter is like me and Rob combined. He looks like a baby incubus and teleports again not an easy thing to change diapers with." Morgan replied and Logan could smell pain coming from her.

Xavier nodded. "They can't have taken them far from Montana so I will begin my search there. I assume you have done your own reconnaissance."

"Yes. But they're getting smarter damn their eyes. It's probably underground and well hidden because I can't find it at all."

Logan was surprised by that. Morgan had been a Mercenary and if what he'd heard was true a damn good one. Xavier arched an eyebrow at Logan and Logan new Xavier was thinking the same thing. "I will let you know what I find."

"Thanks." Morgan said and stooped to kiss his bald crown.

Xavier left and Morgan Logan and Rogue stood around in silence for a moment. Rogue finally spoke up. "Ah guess congrat's is sort of appropriate?"

"I'm happy with my kids so yeah it would be." Morgan replied with a grin.

"Ya got pictures of them?" Rogue asked.

Morgan pulled a wallet out of her pocket and flipped it open. Logan and Rogue looked at it. Morgan sat on a couch ignoring the camera in favor of the dark haired little boy who did look just like his mother and Uncle combined. Dark hair, dark red eyes small horns protruding from his hairline, tiny leathery looking wings and a smile full of pointed teeth. He was cute though. A little girl with curly black hair and the same dark red eyes was floating two feet off the ground. A red belt around her waist was attached to a tether tied to the sofa leg keeping her from floating away.

"Cute." Logan sniffed. Rogue elbowed him lightly. "They're adorable!" She said.

"They're my world." Morgan replied simply. need "And I need to give them up."

Logan and Rogue stared at her. "Oh don't give me those looks. The work I do is too dangerous to have kids. I love 'em but I can't focus on what needs to be done if I'm worrying that somethings going to happen to them. I've been useless these past two weeks. I heard from Rob that you two were trying to have kids and I was hoping you wouldn't mind adopting mine."
End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW! I need feedback
Chapter 3 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Here's chapter three! Yay! Sorry it took so long. I hate the holidays. Spending more time with my inlaws than is healthy for any of us. So anyway. Hope you like it. I have at least once chapter left.
Hope everyone enjoys the mental pic of Morgan riding the leading edge of an explosion she caused.
Rogue, Logan and Morgan sat in the jet on their way to Montana. Big Sky Country, Logan reminiced having been there before. It had been a place he enjoyed, wide open wild places, a sky that really did look as big as it was supposed to and more anti mutant fanatics than anyone could shake a stick at in the populated parts.

"What possessed Chuck's friend to set up a School in a state with a military group that still lynches Indian half breeds?" Logan growled.

"The privacy." Morgan replied. "Miles and miles of miles and miles of nothing around. Xavier sends the more blatantly obvious kids out here where they can run around and no one will see or care. Kind of hard to do that in New York ya know?"

Logan snorted but said nothing. Rogue hadn't spoken a word since getting on the jet and Logan was starting to worry. He switched to a private channel on the headset. "Marie? Wanna tell me what's eatin' you?"

"No but Ah'm gonna." She replied with a sigh.

Logan glanced over at Morgan who had taken out a book and was reading. Then looked back at Rogue when she started talking. "Ah feel horrible. Ah broke up with Morgan and hooked up with ya and she left fer three years. Then she shows up outta th' blue and says she's had kids. Then because she's bein' hunted she wants us to adopt 'em. I'm not sure if Ah should be pissed off or start cryin' outta joy."

Logan nodded. "It was kinda out there wasn't it?"

"What's worse is Ah know it's true. Morgan doesn't lie, eva. Says it's against her religion. Which having seen some of what her religion says Ah believe."

Logan chuckled. "So are we gonna take the kids?"

Rogue sighed and worried her lower lip. "Ah dunno Logan. It doesn't look good fer us having kids of our own but Ah hadn't started thinking adoption just yet."

"So we'll tell her no but have Xavier keep the kids at the School. He's got that nursery school set up for the kids that are born with manifested mutations."

Rogue nodded. "We'll decide about adoptin' later."

Logan switched the com back and settled back to wait out the ride.
------------------------------------------------------------

The lab was hell. Pure and simple hell. Morgan's kids weren't the only ones that had been taken. In total Rogue, Morgan and Logan rescued eighteen kids all under the age of ten. Morgan was drawing fire while Logan and Rogue loaded the kids into the jet. "Morgan, we're loaded lets go!" Logan yelled.

"Go. I'll be fine!" She replied.

Until they'd gotten to the lab Logan hadn't known that Morgan had brought a set of guns. She was currently hovering mid air and duel firing. She had the mercenaries hired by the lab bottle necked in the hanger hall. Logan growled. "We don't leave team mates behind Morgan now get yer ass in the jet."

She turned her head and her eyes sent a chill down his spine. They were blood red and spinning lazily. She had a grin on her face that was cold and grim but exultant. She looked like the demon her father had once called her. "I'm not a team mate. I'm a demon. Leave Logan. Take the kids and leave. I'll be back for mine." And she turned back to the fight.

Logan snarled but closed the hatch. The kids were all too silent which suited him just fine. "Lift off. Get us out of here."

She nodded once and the jet took off. They were reaching a safe cruising altitude when they felt rather than saw the explosion. Logan looked out one of the side port holes and saw the explosion racing upward. Rogue was watching too. "Morgan!" She gasped.

Logan watched the explosion moving up, he knew they were safe. Suddenly his eyes caught something small moving just ahead of the explosion. He grabbed a set of binoculars and focused them on the leading edge of the explosion. Morgan was riding the edge. Her wings fanned out her her arms straight at her sides her legs straight. She looked like a winged arrow. Her black hair was streaming behind her and she had the most rapturous look on her face. She was out running the blast and damned if she didn't look like she was having fun.

"Morgan made it out." He said to Rogue.

He handed the binoculars to Rogue and she watched as the blast started to dissipate. Morgan lost a little bit of lift but she compensated. Eventually she stopped moving up and just hovered. Rogue sat back in her seat and sighed. "Adrenaline junkie." She muttered and steered the jet towards New York.
End Notes:
Please Review!
Chapter 4 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Chapter Four! Yay! Ok so you get a glimpse into Morgans mindset about saving the world here. This is the last chapter for this story but I'm prolly gonna bring her back again later. I need time to recharge and go hunting for Plot bunnies under my desk.
Logan was searching through the kitchen junk drawer looking for the earplugs he was sure he'd seen. With all the young kids they'd rescued from the lab the mansion was now filled with screams, shrieks and whining like he'd never heard before. He heard someone walk into the kitchen and looked over to see Morgan and her two kids walk in. The kids were about the only ones who were quiet. The gave him solemn wide eyed looks as Morgan settled them on stools and started rummaging through the fridge.

"You look like you're about ready to bolt." She commented from within the fridge.

"Perceptive ain't ya?" He growled back.

"Oh hush. Xavier found most of the kids parents. They'll be here tomorrow to get their kids. I think there are five or six kids that won't be leaving." Morgan came out with an arm full of sandwich supplies.

"That's a relief."

Morgan started making sandwiches while her kids stared at Logan who was starting to get uncomfortable. "Why are they staring at me?" He growled at Morgan.

"Because you're the first person who's been rude to me that they haven't seen me pole-ax on the spot." She replied handing Hunter a sandwich.

Cassandra suddenly decided to make her voice heard. "She kick you butt."

"Kick you butt cross th' floor." Hunter chimed in.

"You're kidding me right?" Logan asked.

"Hardly. They've seen me in sparring matches." Morgan replied and handed Cassandra a sandwich before cleaning up the mess she'd made.

Logan regarded the kids for a long moment. "You're leaving again ain't ya?"

"Yup. Thinkin' about hitting the road this time. I have enough set by for an RV."

Logan winced. Having taken a camping trip with some of the younger kids in an RV for three days he knew just how confining one of those huge vehicles could be once the kids got bored. "Why don't ya stay here?"

"Because I'm not an X-Man and don't care to be. I don't care about saving the world or trying to convince a bunch of ignorant, self absorbed, bigoted assholes that I'm not dangerous when I've gone out of my way to be dangerous. I only fought with the X-Men to protect who I wanted to protect. Rogue was my reason then. Not anymore. Now I just want to protect my kids and myself. The rest of the world can hang." She pulled a beer out of the fridge and sat across from her kids.

Logan thought about it for a long while. "You still want Rogue and I to adopt yer kids?"

She looked over at him her dark red eyes thoughtful. "I want my kids to have a life where they don't have to run all the time. To have friends they can rely on and a home. You and Rogue can give them that."

"You have to visit. They know yer their mom and it ain't good fer 'em to believe ya abandoned them."

"Fair enough. I'll visit quarterly. Every three months Letters every month. Phone calls the same." Morgan held out a hand and Logan grasped it.
-----------------------------------------------------------

A week later Logan, Rogue, Morgan, Cassandra and Hunter stood on the front lawn. Morgan hugged the kids. Told them to behave for Rogue and Logan and stood up. She shook Logan's hand again. Surprised Rogue with a kiss and lept up into the air. She hovered for a minute adjusting her bag then winged away. Logan looked down at the kids who were still solemnly watching their mother fly away.

Rogue picked Cassandra up and looked at Hunter. "Lets go in."

Hunter nodded and reached up to grasp Logans hand. "Can we watch hokey Mr. Logan?"

"It's Hockey kid and yeah. We'll watch Hockey."
End Notes:
Please Review!!!!!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3100