Silver Bells by Wytchling
Summary: Christmas Decorating X-Men Style.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Friendship, Holiday
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: Christmas Carols
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1275 Read: 1511 Published: 11/30/2008 Updated: 11/30/2008
Story Notes:
Return of Morgan as Rogues Girlfriend Otherwise I own none of the characters. If you're upset by homosexuality don't read. Inspired by this piece found on Deviantart
http://gem2niki.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Lovers-in-Lake-30375708

1. Chapter 1 by Wytchling

Chapter 1 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Christmas is in 26 days and I got bit by the holiday plot bunny. Sorry there isn't much Logan Rogue Interaction just yet. It will come I promise.
Logan could hear someone screeching a horrible rendition of Sleigh Bells Ringing somewhere in the mansion and was seriously starting to think about looking for the offending person. He stalked out of the Elevator from a training session in the danger room and was assailed by the scent of pine. He looked around and found groups of kids hanging pine garland and lights along the windows and door frames. He could still hear someone singing and he looked around. Jubilee was the offending singer.

"Mall Rat. Shut yer trap." He snarled.

She stopped singing and someone started cheering. He stalked down the hallway. He saw a giant pine tree sitting in the middle of the main room. Kids were crawling all over it like squirrels stringing lights and hanging tinsel. He caught sight of Morgan, her black wings beating gently, up near the top stringing lights. Rogue was at the bottom threading popcorn onto string with a group of younger kids. She looked over at him and smiled. He gave her a quick wave then looked around when he heard someone calling him.

Storm came hurrying up to him and he turned to look at her. "Would it be possible for you to make a quick trip into town for more garland and lights. We seem to have run out."

"Run out?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes well. One of the students ate the lights and the remaining garland was stolen for one of the feral students nests." Storm sighed and shrugged.

He was about to refuse when Jubilee took up her song again. He winced and nodded. "Yeah. I'll go."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


He was walking to the garage when someone came hurrying up to him. "Logan!"

He turned and saw Morgan running up to his. She was wearing an over-sized gray trench coat and gloves. "Mind if I come with you. I have a couple Christmas presents I ordered and UPS won't deliver here anymore."

He chuckled and hooked a thumb over towards the truck. "Come on."

She climbed into his truck and buckled in. He noticed she sat forward but remembering her wings he ignored it. They didn't talk while he drove but once they drove up to the Home Depot he decided to break the silence. "So how're you and Rogue doin'?"

"We're doing great. She's helping me with history and French. I'm helping her with Math." Morgan shrugged.

"She's almost done with her college classes right?"

"Yeah. She's a year ahead of me."

He nodded then focused on the clerk who was hanging back reluctant to approach them. "I need Garland and Lights."

"This way." The clerk said and motioned for them to follow her.

Morgan grabbed a cart and they followed the clerk who bolted as soon as she was able. Logan grabbed as much real pine garland as they had and stared at the display of lights. "What are we lookin' for?" He finally asked.

Morgan started grabbing boxes of lights. "We want these. They're not as long but they're perfect for over the widows and doors and banisters."

They took their stuff to the checkout and waited for what seemed like hours to check out. When they were finally back in his truck he lit a cigar and started for the local UPS store. He looked over at Morgan and offered her one. She grinned. "They made me give up all my best vices." She commented taking it and lighting up.

They drove and smoked in silence before getting to the UPS store. She ground out the cigar before hopping out of the truck. "I'll be right back."

He nodded and watched her go in. Something a few feet from the truck caught his eye and he looked over. A small stand was sitting in the snow. A gaunt looking man sat on an old metal folding chair huddled into his coat. Logan saw the small sign and read: "Silver bells."

He got out of the truck and walked over. The guy was selling little silver bells. The kind that had the little clapper on the inside. He shook one gently and was startled by how sweet it sounded. He looked over the offerings and saw a pair of tiny bell earrings. He picked them up and they chimes sweetly. He turned them over and checked the price. "Five bucks." He mumbled.

The guy looked up and smiled. "Ladies really like 'em."

He picked up a necklace with a set of three tiny bells. "Looks good with the necklace but it don't match."

Logan saw Morgan depositing a huge box in the back of the trunk and made a snap decision. "I'll buy 'em both." He said and handed the guy ten bucks.

He shoved the items into his coat pocket as he walked over to the truck and climbed in. Morgan looked over at him. "Find anything nice?" She asked.

"Nah. Junk mostly." He lied and started the truck.

While they drove he glanced over at her and marveled that she'd ended up with Rogue. Granted Morgan was a good kid and loved Rogue but he wouldn't have pegged Rogue for the type. He wondered if it had anything to do with the kids rough exterior. Rogue tended to go after the rough and tumble types. His eyes skated over her scar and she caught him looking. "It isn't nice to look at I know." She said her finger tips reaching up to skate lightly over the mangled scar.

"What happened?" He asked.

"My dad was a preacher. I was fifteen when I manifested and my father couldn't stand it. Went nuts one day after drinking a fifth of Scotch. He took a steak knife to my face saying that my face should look as evil as my demons wings. My Aunt took me to the hospital but they were so scared of me they didn't close the cut right and it ended up puckered." She spoke matter of factly but he heard the thread of hurt in her voice. "I ran away as soon as the hospital released me. I ended up joining a mercenary group but after a while they kicked me out. Xavier found out and asked me to come to the School. Told me I could get a degree. Telepathic bastard knew just where to hook me."

Logan chuckled. "Sounds like something he'd offer."

They drove quietly again. "So does Rogue know?" He asked.

She grinned. "Oh yeah. Hell if I know why I told her about my dad. Never told anyone before but she didn't seem to care about it. She told me it made me seem sexy."

Logan laughed and Morgan chuckled too. They pulled up to the garage still chuckling. Xavier had apparently sent a bunch of kids out to help unload the truck because there were about ten of them waiting for them. Rogue ran up to Morgan and hugged her with a silly grin while the kids unloaded the garland and lights. Logan stood on the other side of his truck and watched the two of them. Morgan, the taller, had a low gleam in her eyes. She ran a free hand through Rogues long hair and Rogue looked up at her with a gentle loving expression on her face.

He slipped his hand in his coat pocket and wrapped his fingers around the tiny silver bells. The necklace would look great on Morgan and he was sure the earrings would suit Rogue. He only hoped they sounded as sweet as the two hearts he could hear beating in unison on the other side of the truck.
End Notes:
Please Review!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3092