Rogue's New Look by Wytchling
Summary: What happens when Logan comes home after being gone too long?
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: General
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: Christmas Carols
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1086 Read: 2639 Published: 11/30/2008 Updated: 11/30/2008
Story Notes:
Ok, so I'm bi-sexual and I had an evil plot bunny who insisted on being known. If you have a problem with homosexuality don't read!
I own one character, the rest Belong to Marvel.

1. Chapter 1 by Wytchling

Chapter 1 by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Some times a man just isn't what a woman needs. And if you have a problem with homosexuality don't read!
Logan drove up to the mansion garage and parked his truck. He sat in the driver seat listening to the engine tick as it cooled and let some of the tension ease out of his shoulders. It was good to be home. That thought brought him up short. Home, he thought that over for a few more minutes then shrugged as he accepted that it was as apt as anything. He got out of the truck and walked into the mansion in search of a cold beer and something to eat. He was surprised at just how quiet it was until he remembered that Rogue had said most of the less obvious and dangerous kids were going on a field trip to Boston. He wandered into the kitchen then stopped dead in the doorway. Two kids were sitting on the counter liplocked. He started to back out silently until the scent of one of them stopped him. "Rogue?" He growled.
She started sharply nearly knocking the other kid off the counter. The kid fanned an impressive set of raven black wings and dropped down off the counter gracefully. Rogue was scowling then she broke out in a wide grin at Logan flabbergasted look. He was staring and he knew it. "Shit Rogue what did you do to yer hair?"
"Ah cut it sugah." She stated obviously as she fingered the edges.
He took it in. She had cut her hair in a fetching feathered cut that framed her face and fanned out in wisps. It swung at its longest point just below her shoulders. She'd even had the platinum streaks in the front feathered. It looked stunning on her and Logan had to focus on the matter at hand to keep from doing something inappropriate. Especially with her boyfriend in the room. Rogue was still grinning and she reached out a bare hand to snag the kid she'd been kissing. "Logan. I want ya to meet someone. This is Morgan. My girlfriend."
Logan could hear the blood rushing in his ears and apparently he'd gone pale because Rogue had pushed him onto a chair and the girl, Morgan was pressing a cold drink in his hand. Logan snatched Rogues hand and stared at the bare palm. "When did this happen?" He asked grasping for something safe to talk about.
"A few months ago. Ah was waitin' for you to get home ta tell ya." She replied.
He nodded numbly and looked up at the girl Morgan. She was a pretty kid close cropped dark hair, dark eyes. His eyes caught the scar on her face and followed it's white puckered path from her hairline across one cheek, across her nose and ending at the corner of her mouth. She had old eyes and he knew why she'd appealed to Rogue. She could relate to Rogue. "So...how long you been together?" He asked roughly.
"So you mean you aren't going to try to cut my wings off?" The girl asked humorously.
"You mistreatin' my girl?" He asked.
"Not a chance."
"Then no. I'm not gonna clip yer wings."
"We've been seein' each other for about three months." Rogue interjected her arm wrapping around Morgans waist.
Logan looked at them and could see how committed Morgan was to Rogue. He lifted the hand with the drink and saw a beer in his hand. He smirked and took a sip. Rogue looked down at her watch and spat a cuss word. "Ah have to go to class. Summers is gonna pitch a fit." She kissed Morgan and waved to Logan before sprinting out of the room leaving them alone.
Morgan started to leave but Logan stopped her. "Have a beer with me."
Morgan smirked and pulled a beer out of the fridge and sat down turning the chair sideways so she wouldn't crush her wings. She popped the cap expertly and took a long sip. "Thanks. They don't let me drink here."
"They won't stop ya if I'm drinkin' with ya." He grumbled.
She took another sip and they sat in silence until Logan finally asked. "So who asked who?"
"Would you be really surprised if I said she asked me?" Morgan asked.
"Yeah. I guess I would."
"She thought I was a boy." Morgan indicated her short hair. "I'm not curvy and I used to wear baggy cloths hoping to hide the wings but..." She trailed off.
"She asked you out thinkin' you were a boy. What'd she do when she found out ya were a girl?"
"Freaked at first. Not like I was hiding it. I thought she was like me." Morgan shrugged and sipped her drink. "I mean. I'm as gay as a three dollar bill, it isn't as if I hide it you know so I was shocked when she flipped out."
"What were ya doin' that flipped her out?" Logan growled.
Morgan grinned at him unrepentant. "I was kissing her."
Logan spat his beer across the table and Morgan handed him a towel to wipe up the mess. He glared at her but she just kept smiling and continued. "She'd had her skin under control for probably two weeks so she wanted the whole shebang. Kissing, Groping. Typical making out and I thought I'd finally found a girl who wasn't gonna get squirrelly on me then she puts her hands on my chest and finds small breasts. Next thing I know I have one hundred twenty pounds of very pissed off Southern Woman trying to kill me. I flew out of there and didn't come back for a week."
Logan raised an eyebrow. "You ran?"
"Oh big words from a guy who bolted as soon as it looked like someone needed him." Morgan retorted sharply.
Logan flinched and Morgan kept going. "Yeah. I ran. She was pissed beyond belief and I wanted to keep my pin feathers. I came back when the Professor called and said it was safe. She showed up at my door later that night and asked to talk. We've been talking ever since. Among other things."
Logan nodded and finished his beer. Morgan finished hers. "Well Morgan. She's happier than I've seen her in a long time. If you hurt her I'll rip yer pin feathers out."
Morgan held out her hand and the shook. Logan noticed that she had a powerful grip and her forearms were corded with muscle. He made a mental note to ask for her story later. "I gotta go find Chuck." He commented and left.
End Notes:
Please Review!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3090