Color Me Happy by New Moon
Summary: Nursery planning is so not Logan's forte
Categories: X3, AU Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: What To Expect
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 698 Read: 2870 Published: 11/12/2008 Updated: 11/12/2008
Story Notes:
Nothing relating to the X-Men, 20th Century Fox, etc. etc. belongs to me. Neither does the gestation bible, "What To Expect When You're Expecting"

1. Chapter 1 by New Moon

Chapter 1 by New Moon
Author's Notes:
Feedback very much appreciated!
Logan paused just outside the door of his suite of rooms at the mansion when he heard voices from within it. He sighed in resignation when he recognized Kitty's low murmur and Jubilee's more strident voice. Granted they were members of the team and his wife's two best friends but sometimes, they tended to give him a headache, especially the Asian girl in the blinding yellow. After cracking his neck, he took a deep breath, called out silently for patience and stepped into the room.

The three women were sitting at a table covered with wallpaper and fabric swatches, with several paint sample cards fanned out as well. They looked up as he sauntered over and leaned down to press a kiss to Rogue's forehead. She smiled up at him. "Look Logan, we're tryin' to decide how to decorate the nursery." She waved a hand toward the accumulated clutter at the center of the table.

Jubilee held up a bright yellow paint sample and a scrap of wallpaper the was covered with fat, happy animated bees and white clouds. "Check it out, Wolvie, how fun would that be for Junior's room? You could put down some striped yellow and black carpeting, get some bee shaped pillows and I betcha if we start looking now, we can find all sorts of wall hangings that would be totally rad in there." She glanced at Rogue. "Right, chica?"

Rogue just smiled and winked at her husband when Jubilee reached for a catalog of baby bedding. "Actually, Jubes, I'm not sure if...."

Tilting his head to one side, Logan raised an eyebrow. "It's awful bright, ain't it? I thought the nursery was s'posed to be soothing for the kid, not somethin' that'd keep him up."

Jubilation snapped her gum and sighed melodramatically. "Like you know about interior design."

At that Kitty gave her a playful shove. "Oh, like *you* do, Jubes?" She giggled at the affronted look on her friend's face. "I think he's right, it should be something restful for the baby." She paused to dig through the wallpaper swatches and held up one triumphantly a few moments later. "How about something like this?" It was a cream colored background with primary colored steam engines, coal cars, cabooses and rail signal signs printed all over it. "There's matching window treatments, too. Isn't it cute?"

Logan spoke before his wife could even open her mouth. "Nope."

Startled, Kitty cut her gaze to Logan. "What? Why not? It's not too bright or....."

Holding up a hand, he brought her to a stuttering halt. "I know you mean well, Kitty, but we don't exactly have warm and fuzzies when it comes to trains."

Kitty blushed. "Oh. OH!" She reached across the table to cover Rogue's hand with her own. "I'm so sorry! I didn't even think, I totally forgot that..."

Rogue smiled and squeezed her hand. "It's okay. It is cute but Logan's right, it's not for us."

Jubille huffed out a breath and grabbed a stack of catalogs. "Back to the drawing board."

"How do you feel about pastel colored bunny rabbits?" Kitty seemed intrigued by that possibility.

"Puh-leeeze, girl, we're talking Wolvie's kid here. We can't have something wussy like *bunnies* for the baby. What would people think?"

Patting the seat next to her, Rogue glanced at her husband as her friends began to argue the pros and cons of Elmo. "Wanna sit by me sugah, and help us pick something out?"

He snorted, then leaned down to whisper in her ear.''I'd rather go 15 rounds with Sabretooth."

Brown eyes sparkling with mirth, she brushed her mouth against his in a quick kiss. "Ah figured ya'd say that." Raising a hand to his chest, she gave him a nudge and laughed. "Go on, get outta here while ya still can."

As he closed the door, he heard Jubilee shriek excitedly. "Oh my gawd, look at this! PacMan bedding! We could like, paint all the walls black and get some neon colored dots and PacMan appliques and make it look like he's *in* the game and....."

Grimacing, he started down the hall, wondering how hard it would be to find Sabretooth after all.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3069