Hell by Wytchling
Summary: Logan loses the one he loves and goes a little over the deep end.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Dark, Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: Character Death, Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 500 Read: 1625 Published: 11/11/2008 Updated: 11/11/2008
Story Notes:
I'm sorry, I blame it on my own insecurities and the evil plot bunny under my bed! I own nothing but the character Heather. The rest belong to Marvel

1. Hell by Wytchling

Hell by Wytchling
Author's Notes:
Hell is being without the one you love. Sorry if Logan seems like a cold bastard in this but thats how he came out of my head.
The funeral was hell. Everyone who’d been at the wedding was there, save two people. Rogue was dead and Heather…Logan swallowed hard at that name. He hadn’t told her yet. She didn’t know. He watched them deposit Rogues ashes in the hole. He dropped the first handful of dirt in after the little green urn. Five mind blowing years. He’d had her in his life for five years and she’d shaped his life in her tiny hands. He felt the tears slipping down his face, tears that were echoed by the tiny wailing of his daughter. A daughter he’d never held, who he never wanted to hold. Rogue had died giving birth to that little girl.

He knocked on the door of Heathers one story ranch home. The reservation was quiet, eerily so and he wasn’t sure if that was good or bad. Heather opened the door and smiled sweetly. “Logan. It’s good to see you, It’s been two years…” She stopped when he thrust the car seat into her arms. The baby cried and Heather looked down at the child. “Who? What? Logan what’s going on? Come in here.”
He followed her into the house where she pulled the baby out of the carrier. “Heavens Logan the child is soaking wet.”
Logan glanced out the door at the figure in the seat. Jubilee was sitting in the passenger seat waiting for Logan to haul her unhappy self home. “Girl didn’t tell me.” He muttered.
“What girl. Logan what’s going on? Where’s Rogue?”
“Dead.” He snarled the word.
Heather sat down hard on the couch. “No.” She breathed then glared up at him. “When?”
“Two weeks ago.” He growled. He started pacing and without realizing the word poured out of his mouth. “You know she got pregnant. You sent her some tea for her morning sickness. She went into labor early and somethin’ was wrong. She couldn’t get the kid out. Finally managed to get the head out when it all went wrong. Kids as much a mutant as me and Rogue. I couldn’t save her. I couldn’t save Rogue, kid turned off both our powers. I couldn’t heal her and Rogue couldn’t use her skin. Doc tried to stop the bleeding but it was such a god damned fuck up. Kid can use both our powers, she sucked Marie dry, sucked all her life out and bit the doc.”
Heather checked the babies mouth and saw a row of tiny white teeth. She watched Logan pace. “Logan. Are you leaving?”
He nodded once, a sharp jerk. “I’m leavin’ the kid here with you. I’ll send money once a month just keep that thing away from me.” He stomped out of the house and drove away before Heather could follow him. The baby started crying, she looked down at her. “Oh honey, it’ll all work out.” She whispered.
End Notes:
Sorry again! Please review but Please don't sacrifice effigies of me to dark forces!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3065