A Time To Heal by Peachy
Summary: Rogue finds strength in herself and her friends to conquer fear.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Seasons Change
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 751 Read: 1390 Published: 11/02/2008 Updated: 11/02/2008

1. A Time To Heal by Peachy

A Time To Heal by Peachy
Scott came down one afternoon to the gym to find Rogue punching away. Her hands taped up and red, showing the bag no mercy. She wore an old t-shirt and shorts, working up a sweat from her vigorous exercising. Her face was flushed as emotions flowed through her body. He knew something was up. There was exercising and there was pure emotional venting; he knew the difference and did it often himself.

"You're gonna kill that thing." He tried to relax her mood.

She didn't say anything but just pounded harder and harder into the bag.

"Take it easy," Scott said, and noticed tears started to form in her eyes. He tried to grab her shoulder to calm her down and stop her from exhausting herself like this. She would wind up hurting herself if she didn't. She just pulled away, collapsing on the floor in exhaustion.

"Hey..." He knelt beside her, ever so caring in his voice and presence. He let her collapse into his chest and used a towel to shelter her arms from his own. Logan came in and noticed the two on the floor. He saw first Scott's worried face then heard the soft, light sobs mixed with erratic breaths surrounded in a towel. He knelt beside her quietly, to comfort her.

Rogue began to felt trapped and claustrophobic between the two but then she had to realize these were her friends; they cared about her and loved her. They'd never hurt her. She had to always remember that. She shouldn't have to think about those things. It should be natural and normal to have her friends close by.

"What's wrong, Marie?" Logan asked.

"I don't know how to make it stop."

The men exchanged glances and Scott replied, "Make what stop?"

"Feeling so afraid. I don't want to be but I am."

Her nightmares were gone but they still plagued the back of her mind, lingering there. A man she couldn't see, he could be anywhere. How could they stop him, they couldn't last time?

"You can't let him win. I know you're stronger than that," Scott said and held her even closer to his body.

"I keep feelin' I could have done something to stop him if I tried harder, but I wanted touch... so I let him do it."

"No," Logan responded, lifting his voice very stern. "Do not blame yourself, Marie. It wasn't your fault, understand that?"

He felt like it was his. He didn't want her to think she did anything wrong, because of that bastard. She eventually nodded a yes reply.

"You got us, Rogue, and we aren't going anywhere," Scott stated. "Be strong and he can never hurt you..."

Scott let go, knowing that Logan wanted to hold her, and turned Rogue over to him. He gave her a warm hug which she melted into. She finally looked up at both of her friends.

"Thank you, for everything."

"You don't have to thank us for anything," Logan said.

"We'll find him and Magneto. You think when the time comes you'll be able to help us stop him?" Scott asked.

"We're gonna need you," Logan encouraged her.

They were counting on her; she was counting on herself as well. She wouldn't let them down, couldn't.

"Yeah, I'll be ready." She smiled.

"I think you've worked out enough today. Go have some fun," Scott ordered with one more smile for her.

Logan walked with Rogue over to the locker rooms. "I'm sorry."

"What for?" She looked at him confused.

"For not finding him out sooner, for not being there after I promised, for letting him get away."

He felt guilty. That was the last thing she wanted him to feel. She didn't want him to be eaten up by this as well; it wasn't right. "You were right, Logan -- it was no one's fault but the man who attacked me."

He held her again in his arms, being careful of her exposed skin. "You sure you're gonna be okay?" He looked serious at her eyes yet held so much care and worry.

"I have to be...I've got you, right?"

"Always."

They smiled and started into each other's eyes for a moment before breaking the silent bond.

Rogue turned and headed out to change and find her friends to enjoy the rest of the day. Logan turned back to the gym. He dropped his tough "anti-Laser-Eye" barrier and thanked Scott for being there for her.

"We all love her," was his reply.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3054