Flashbacks by Peachy
Summary: Logan's nightmares are not the only ones Rogue has to deal with.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Seasons Change
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 924 Read: 2338 Published: 10/14/2008 Updated: 10/14/2008

1. Flashbacks by Peachy

Flashbacks by Peachy
The next day she was in class and Scott Summers was lecturing on a story they had to read for English, when something happened. Rogue was one minute in class goofing off with Bobby and Kristine and the next it got very cold. She was no loner in New York but could feel herself being drenched by rain. She looked around, not knowing where she was; Rogue got scared. Then she saw her parents but they weren't hers. They were crying for her to come to them. She obeyed without thought, feeling only the fear of losing them forever. She was then pulled backwards, held back by a soldier.

In the classroom Rogue became dazed and Scott then called on her...

"Rogue, you can rejoin class anytime now. So who do you think this monologue was really intended for?" He stood waiting for her to answer. She didn't even move. "Rogue?"

Bobby saw her breathe in the warm air as if she was very cold. She started to shake slightly. "I think something's wrong with her." Everyone in class turned to look at the shivering, mindless Rogue that sat before them. Scott ran up to her, grabbed her lightly and tried to shake her gently out of this state.

"Katherine, go get Dr. Grey." She immediately obeyed and left the room, vaporizing through the door. "Rogue, sweetheart, snap out of it?"

She screamed a loud "NO!" at the top of her lungs and tried to run away. She got out the library door and belted toward the exit. Scott got a hold of her trying to calm her and hoping that he wouldn't hurt her or her hurt him.

These feelings and emotions running trough her body were out of her control. She was there but couldn't stop them. She felt another arm grab her and pull her away from her family. She reached out her hand begging for her mother's touch. The gate moved before her, crumpling. She realized whose thoughts she was trapped in. Magneto... She was terrified, especially after he tried to kill her.

These men had her pinned and all the memories and experiences were his. She felt great pain -- her lungs would not stop screaming until it all went black with a thud to her head. It went black and she went limp.

Dr. Grey was running down the hall to help Scott with Rogue, who looked like she was deranged. Suddenly as Scott was trying to calm her, she went limp in his hands. He wanted to feel her forehead or wipe away the tears that flowed down her face but he didn't have anything to cover his hands with. He carried her to the medical room and, after a few minutes of examining her, Jean found nothing wrong.

Rogue opened her eyes to a bright light. She wondered what happened. She remembered the events and the dream. "Rogue, can you hear me?' Jean asked.

"What happened?" was the only response.

"We were hoping you could answer that question?" Scott inquired.

Rogue sat up slowly, and took several deep breaths. She cleared her head and organized the thoughts swimming about. She tried to decipher her own memories from others. Professor Xavier wheeled into the room to check in on the new pupil.

"How are you feeling, Rogue?" he asked like a concerned father.

"Okay, now."

"Please tell us what happened."

"Well..." she began, "first I was in class and then I was somewhere else. It was dark and raining. I saw two people, a couple. My heart went out to them. I couldn't stop hoping they would turn around and come after me. I was being dragged farther away from them. I didn't want to leave 'em. I ran towards a gate that was closing and then an arm grabbed me. I started to scream and scream. I didn't want to, it just came out of my mouth. I reached out as if they could grab my hand but they were out of my sight. Another hand grabbed me and then another. All trying to drag me away but I wouldn't let them. The metal gate bent and twisted at my control and I was ripping it to pieces. Finally something hit me and all went blank."

Professor Xavier nodded. "Magneto," he declared.

"What does he have to do with this?" Scott wondered.

"When Rogue touches someone she gains their memories as well as their power and strength. Apparently all these new memories from Magneto are just a shock to your system and your brain. In trying to file these strong images, they transfigure themselves into dreams and nightmares. Have you had any others?"

Rogue hadn't said anything before but the nightmares that seemed to haunt Wolverine haunted her as well on occasion. Is this what it was all about? Would more vivid dreams haunt her unexpectedly? "Yes." she said quietly under her breath.

"What other dreams have you had?" Dr. Grey was curious. Rogue felt that it was getting personal. These were Logan's nightmares and memories. It wasn't for her to share them.

"I really don't want to talk about them if that's okay with you," she said as kindly as possible. "Will they ever go away?"

"I believe in time," Xavier stated. "Can I go now?"

"Yeah," Dr. Grey added with a hopeful smile. She hopped off the table and went back to her room to rest. She didn't think they would end. If Logan hadn't gotten over those images and memories, how could she?
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=3028