Discoveries by Shadowlady
Summary: Rogue makes two very startling discoveries, then makes a decision
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 23239 Read: 6189 Published: 11/07/2006 Updated: 11/07/2006

1. Discoveries by Shadowlady

Discoveries by Shadowlady
Part 1

Discovery One:

The soft fall of familiar laughter drew Rogue to her bedroom window and she stared out at the pair currently skating on the frozen pond. Bobby's face held a genuine smile, one that Rogue hadn't seen in several weeks. His skating partner's face held a familiar look to, one she'd seen before many times although not on the young woman and not directed at *her* boyfriend.

The huge smile on Kitty's face held warmth, lust, and trust. That look more than anything kept Rogue firmly in place as she watched them, her world slowly crumbling around her as she watched Bobby catch Kitty and hold her close. Like some scene from a B-grade romance movie, Bobby pulled Kitty even tighter to him and kissed her, slowly, softly.

Wrapping her arms around herself a little tighter Rogue swallowed painfully as she watched Kitty wrap her arms around Bobby and hold on for dear life as the gentle kiss deepened.

When Bobby's hand slid down, over Kitty's shoulder to cup a breast Rogue whirled from the window and stalked across the room to the door. Jerking it open she ground her teeth and stalked down the hallway, uncaring who was in her path. Instead all she wanted to do was escape.

The sound of Dr. Grey's voice in a muted conversation with Logan sent another shard of pain through her and she turned to head for the one place she knew no one would be. Riding the elevator down to the lower levels she leaned against the wall uncaring of the tears that streaked down her face, uncaring of the visible effects of her pain.

First Logan, now Bobby – it was a cruel joke as far as she was concerned that God was playing on her. No one wanted her, no one wanted the girl with the deadly touch and she had better get used to it.

Slipping into the hallway she frowned as she realized that Dr. McCoy was in the medlab. Swearing steadily under her breath she turned and hurried down another corridor to another door.

Pausing before it she wondered why it didn't open before she saw the small control panel and realized you would need a code to access it. Frowning she debated asking before she smirked, she could open it herself. If it was the one room she thought it was she'd just use Logan's code.

*You don't know Logan's code,* her conscious cried softly. *And even if you did, you really..*

~Oh shut up,~ Rogue snapped at herself, ~All you've ever done for me is make me a freak who's let the man and the boy she loved get swept away by another woman in both cases. So just shut the hell up!~


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 2

Confrontations

Frowning at the movement he caught in his peripheral vision, Logan stopped dead in his tracks and stared out the window at the scene below him. Two figures stood close together, wrapped in a lover's embrace. Their bodies pressed tightly together, their lips locked in what was obviously a passionate kiss.

The blonde hair cut in the familiar pattern identified the young man as Bobby but the young woman he was holding wasn't who he was supposed to be holding. There were no streaks, no gloves, and no indications of deadly skin – rather it appeared to be none other than the kid that phased through walls. The one Rogue had called Kitty.

Growling furiously at the scene, Logan watched as Bobby's hands cupped a shapely hip, pulling her closer against him. Moving closer to the window through the shadows Logan felt the claws come out and snarled, baring his teeth even as the young pair pulled apart.

His hearing picked up Kitty's soft, dazed giggle and Bobby's gentle voice thanking her. Knowing that this betrayal would kill Rogue, kill the tentative confidence she'd managed to gather, Logan allowed the rapid swell of his rage flow over him, crashing down like a wave crashing upon the shore.

Oh yes, Bobby would pay for this trespass, this injury to Rogue, Logan promised himself as he moved away from the window and headed for the boy's dorm. He'd pay a little visit to Mr. Drake and correct his traitorous ways, or else just hack off a part of his body the little fucker didn't really need!

With a soft smile Bobby left Kitty at the door to her room and headed for the kitchen. He needed a snack before he headed for bed. After making a sandwich and devouring it, Bobby cleaned up his small mess before heading for the stairwell. Pausing he exhaled sharply, should he seek out Rogue? Should he try to find the one girl who dating etiquette required him to acknowledge? Shaking his head Bobby headed for his room, Rogue would pick up on the faint smell of Kitty on him and know that he'd kissed the other girl, no it was better to wait until morning before approaching her.



Slipping into his room, Bobby closed the door and locked it quickly, not even bothering to turn on a light as he made his way toward his bed. Whistling softly he shrugged out of his sweater and kicked off his shoes, his hands automatically going to undo his belt.

A moment later Bobby found himself flat on his back on the floor with a heavy weight pressing down on his chest effectively blocking his intake of oxygen. Gasping for breath he struggled futilely against his attacker, already gathering his strength to blast the intrude with a wall of ice.

"Nice fuckin' try IcePrick," Wolverine snarled low, his mouth barely inches from Bobby's ear.

He was close enough Bobby could feel his hot breath on his skin; feel the quivering of rage that raced through his body. Swallowing Bobby shoved at Logan's shoulder, "Get off me!" he croaked pushing hard against his shoulder.

"Uh huh," Wolverine snarled, purring slightly as the claws on his right hand came out and trailed across Bobby's chest, slicing his t- shirt.

Wincing at the pain, Bobby started to ice Logan's hand on his throat only to freeze at the sudden appearance of claws so close to his jugular. "What is your problem?" he panted.

"You're just as fuckin' stupid as the rest of these bastards aren't you," Wolverine purred sickeningly, his tone filled with malice, and deadly intent.

Bobby swallowed at the sudden feel of a warm, hard finger trailing through the bloody scratches before the sound of said appendage being licked clean of the blood, "Don't you have someone you need to gut or something? How'd you get into my room anyway?"

"Oh no, you don't talk," Wolverine hissed putting a little more weight on Bobby's chest and throat, "I saw you."

"Saw what?"

"Did you fuck her?" Wolverine growled angrily, "Huh? Was it worth it asshole? Did you have plenty of fun?"

"What..?" Bobby gargled unsteadily.

"You should've just kept it in your pants," Wolverine snarled angrily. "Rogue's so much more than that but then I guess you forgot that didn't you?"

"What are you..?" Bobby gasped at the furious snarl from Wolverine.

"You don't get it do you," with uncanny ability he shifted. His claws trailing down Bobby's torso until they rested right above his crotch. "Answer the fuckin' question or you're gonna be singing in the ladies choir for a long, long time."

"I ain't tellin' you anything," Bobby panted angrily.

Wolverine chuckled and shifted, rising to his feet and lifting Bobby all in one smooth motion. With a quick movement of his wrists, Bobby went sailing back into the wall, knocking the wind from him easily.

"I don't like it when what belongs to me gets hurt or broken," Wolverine growled, getting right into Bobby's face. "I don't like it when people don't respect what's mine. You think you're so smart, so clever don't you. Worthless little fuck, guess what? You're not. You're just another piece of garbage that slid in on a trail of slime. Now I know Rogue won't like it if I kill you," licking along Bobby's jaw Wolverine growled, "But that don't mean I can't make you hurt."

"The Professor won't.." Bobby croaked.

"Fuck him," Wolverine snarled and threw Bobby across the room, knocking over a chair, and sending him sliding to the floor with a pained grunt. The sound of bones crunching did little to appease Wolverine as he moved through the shadows to where Bobby lay panting for breath, "Guess what? You made a big mistake. Rogue's mine, she's staying mine. You want to play house with your little tramps, you do so on your own time. Now the way I figure it you owe Rogue an apology at least, and more than a little begging and pleading, a little blood at most. Don't make me come back and kill you, cause I would enjoy it a great deal," he snarled slamming the younger man against the wall, "You think on that tonight while you're laying in bed fantasizing about your little skatin' partner."

Dropping Bobby Wolverine stepped on him as he walked to the door, "Oh by the way, come morning I expect you to take Rogue aside and explain exactly why you're all busted up, and you're gonna take whatever she dishes out – or you'll face me again!"

Bobby groaned at the searing agony that raced through his body even as he struggled to get to his feet. The resounding click of his door closing seemed to echo with a painful clarity through him.

Dragging himself to the bathroom Bobby spat out the acrid blood in his mouth even as he felt a wave of nausea overcome his control and he promptly threw up. The feeling of his ribs throbbing only intensified at the retching motion, and he couldn't stop the hot, salty trails of tears that raced down his face.

Leaning against the toilet he sobbed softly, painfully at the realization that he'd been caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar and he had more to worry about than Rogue feeling left out. His life depended upon making Rogue understand that there was nowhere for them to go.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 3

With his usual smile firmly in place Charles moved to face the small group of assembled students in his office slash classroom. Advanced physics had only recently been added to the curriculum and he rather enjoyed teaching it. A quick assessing glance swept over those gathered, checking for signs of unrest, of anxiety, only to lurch to a sudden, shocked stop at Robert Drake.

Usually so well kept the young man sat hunched over in on himself, a rather colorful pattern of bruises marring one side of his face, and pain clearly in his expression. His usual snug sweater had been replaced by one much looser and the edge of a bandage peaked out the neck.

What was obviously long, thin bruises curved over his jaw on both sides, flowing into what were clearly finger prints that seemed to wrap all the way around his throat with dark, malicious intent. With frightening clarity Charles realized that Robert had done something to somehow attract the wrath of the mighty Wolverine.

Wondering what could possibly have attracted the man's attention away from Jean Charles barely hid a frown as he pondered it before he quickly, ruthlessly pushed aside the thoughts. He would speak to Logan later and remind him of certain things, things that obviously the man had forgotten.

"Good afternoon," he greeted everyone as he reached for the textbook lying on his desk. "Did everyone get a chance to read the first chapter last night?"

Amid a chorus of voices, Charles began teaching the class. His mind already swirling with the information he would be teaching.



Pacing through the hallways Logan gripped the bottle he held a little tighter. His mood hadn't improved any since the night before, it had only gotten worse. The smell of Marie's tears had kept him awake all night, that coupled with the muffled sounds of her misery had only increased his ire.

Only the thought of her displeasure that killing the human icicle kept him from tracking the obnoxious little fucker down and finishing what he started. He'd heard Marie get up and take a shower at about four this morning, heard her tears even above the water and it had burnt deeper into his soul. He hated it when she hurt for any reason, but especially cause someone didn't have the courage to tell her the truth.

*Yeah and you're much better,* Wolverine's snicker had him growling softly and taking another swig of beer from the bottle.

*It couldn't work,* Logan muttered to himself as he paused in the hall sniffing the air.

This morning when he'd appeared for breakfast he'd seen the tired, listless look in her eyes, seen the pain that she was trying to hide. The small smile she'd given him didn't hide any of her inner emotional state, but he'd smiled warmly back and glanced at the seat next to him. That'd she'd had breakfast with him was a source of joy for him, even if he knew it couldn't go any further than that.

Stopping in the corridor Logan glanced through the glass doors of Ororo's classroom, his hazel eyes falling on Marie who sat hunched over her textbooks, her dark hair pulled back into a ponytail. The look of intense concentration on her face spoke of her interest in the subject of history and Logan watched her taking notes.

After a few minutes he straightened and turned to slip away. He had an appointment with a certain program he'd created, one that gave him what he wanted, what he needed when the wanting got to be too much.



*Logan please come to my office,* Charles' request popped into his head as he lay panting next to the familiar woman he worshipped. Growling in frustration Logan rolled off the `holographic' bed and grabbed his clothes, tossing them on with careless abandon. Stomping his feet into his boots he smiled softly at his lover before whispering softly, "Gotta run. Be back soon."

Stomping toward the door he growled out a command, "Computer shut down Marie Program, save alterations made today."



With a soft sigh Charles turned from his appraisal of the grounds to face the furious man standing in his office. He suppressed the flinch when his office door slammed shut and the man stalked across the room to slouch into a chair.

Studying Logan, Charles had to wonder why Logan would have been working out in his clothes. His hair was sweat soaked and sticking to his forehead, his t-shirt was inside out and clinging to each curvature of muscle on his chest, his jeans were unbuttoned. Obviously he had interrupted the man's workout, opening his mind to a surface scan Charles probed to see how much fury he would be dealing with.

"Have a seat Logan," Charles muttered as Logan rested one ankle on the other knee and stared at him. Charles barely hid his astonishment as his scan revealed the sexual satisfaction, and the ire that being interrupted that soaked Logan's mind.

"Whatcha want Wheels? I was busy," Logan grunted angrily wishing for a beer.

"Yes, I'm sure you were," Charles replied quickly, neutrally. He wondered if Logan had managed to seduce Jean, and hoped not. Scott didn't need that sort of thing to deal with on top of his emotional crisis. "I felt the need to have this meeting because it's become apparent to me that several rules have escaped you. This is a school Logan, not a fight bar, I cannot allow students and staff to be getting into physical confrontations."

"Good thing I ain't on staff then," Logan retorted sharply.

"Logan!" Charles inhaled and released his breath carefully, reigning in his impatience and his own frustrations.

"Look I ain't like Scooter, a well trained little lap dog. My priorities are a little different than yours."

"Robert is a teenager Logan, he isn't a match for your skill. Even with his mutation he could seriously have been injured. You could have killed him!"

"Naw," Logan shook his head coldly as he searched for something to smoke in his clothes. "Not this time. This time was a lesson."

"What does that mean?"

"It means I live with one rule and only one rule. Do not mess with me and mine, unless you can handle the results," Logan snarled angrily rising to pace the room with fury in every movement.

"And what exactly did Robert do that was so terrible. He doesn't drink.."

"He knows what he did," Logan returned sharply, "Knows he can't fix it with me. He had his chance, he blew it."

"Perhaps if you were to tell me what the problem is I could assist in resolving it."

"No!" Logan snarled furiously, his features set and hard. "I'm not the forgivin' type Wheels. You fuck with me, you pay for it. The little fucker'll have a reminder for the rest of his life as he should. Means he won't repeat his mistake. Ain't a single one of ya realize that, you're still trying to play nice with the other kids in the sandbox."

"I would have thought you wouldn't mind so much what Robert does or does not do what with Jean back with us," Charles stated calmly, hoping it didn't send Logan into a rage.

"That's old shit," Logan shot back as he realized that any time spent with Jean meant he was tryin' to get into her pants in the eyes of the geeks. "I deal in reality Wheels, not illusions of grandeur. Y'all might just try it sometime; maybe it'll save you a costly lesson."

"Logan, please. I do not feel that I should have to reprimand you every time a student crosses you. In future please try to keep your temper under control because will take action if you do not."

Logan shrugged and looked at him steadily, "Whatever, it ain't like you understand anyway. You sit there and pass all the judgments you want Wheels, I'm comfortable in this skin. My way's kept me alive and unscathed the past sixteen years so I'll stick with it."

"But.." Charles watched as Logan stalked out of the office, slamming the door on the way out as well. Exhaling sharply he shook his head. Obviously there was something go on with Logan, something that everyone had missed and he wondered what would happen when the matter resolved itself.


"Hey kid," Logan smiled slightly at Marie as he passed her in the hall, "How's it going?"

"Good. You been workin' out?" Marie eyed his sweaty clothes and wondered why he wasn't still in the gym.

"Yeah, got interrupted though. Hey you up for a hockey game later?"

Marie smiled quickly, "When and where?"

"My room, six tonight. I'll bring the beer," Logan promised quickly.

"I'll be there," Marie promised pushing aside her pain at the thought of her life spinning so out of control. Logan was always a stable point for her, and being with him would help ease the pain of betrayal. Which isn't to say that she didn't know what he'd do if he found out, she did she just couldn't hold it against him. She'd just have to keep him from figuring out what had happened and what her emotions were running like.

Logan nodded quickly, and with a wink and a tug on her ponytail he was gone. Watching him go Marie hid a soft smile, oh yes she was glad to have Logan around – even if she couldn't hold him forever. It was now she had to worry about!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 4

Snapping at the annoying brat in yellow who wouldn't shut up about the amount of food Logan was stacking on the counter, Logan continued pilfered the fridge and cupboards before heading back up to his room. He wanted Rogue to have a good night, one she could laugh about later without having to worry about that annoying bastard who'd been thinkin' with his dick instead of his head.

Pushing aside thoughts of Bobby Logan ignored everyone as he headed upstairs to his room and deposited everything he'd taken. Two bags of chips, three boxes of cookies, some dip, and the number of the local pizza joint by the bed were all prepared. Digging under his bed he pulled out the cooler and opened it to smirk at the contents.

Two flats of beer sat on ice, their longnecks frosted over awaiting drinking. Along with them were several bottles of Coke, ginger ale, and juice. A two liter bottle of water sat frozen, for Marie to drink as the night progressed.

He had no intention of making a move on her no matter how much he might want her. No tonight was all about hockey, beer, and a few laughs. It was his gift to her, his show of appreciation for being there for him through everything they'd survived.

Dropping the lid back on the beer, Logan nudged it back under his bed and cracked his neck before dropping onto the bed and turning on the television. After scanning the menu he selected the fight network and settled in to watch a bunch of pansy asses kick each others asses in fights with more rules than Scott possessed.

After all who put a time limit to the rounds? You got in the fuckin' cage, pounded on each other until one went down and that was the end of it. None of this three minute rounds, no drawin' blood, no biting, crap that they were using.



The soft knock drew his attention and Logan grinned, right on time darlin', he thought as he inhaled, "Come on in kid. It's not locked."

The door opened to reveal Rogue dressed in her familiar long sweater, gloves, scarf, and black sweats. It was the perfect outfit for watching hockey on a Friday night. In one hand was a bag and she held it up, "I brought some stuff to eat."

"Just put it down on the dresser here," Logan patted a spot and moved over so she could settle on the edge of the bed next to him. "What did you bring?"

"Uh some jerky, pretzels, some popcorn, and some of those pork things you like."

"Great, I was gonna order in a pizza or two, whatcha want on yours?"

"Whatever you'll have," Rogue replied settling next to him as he quickly changed the channel from a rather disgustingly bad fight. "You were watching that? How phony can they be?" she muttered opening a bag of pretzels, "You'd think they'd have real fights not half naked men dancing around each other."

Logan chuckled and nodded, "My thoughts exactly. Was just killin' time," he replied as he punched in the number for the pizza joint. A moment later he had two meat lovers supreme pizzas ordered. "So whatcha want to drink? Beer, pop, water, juice?"

"Can I have a beer?" Rogue asked softly, her smile warm, teasing even.

"Weeell, I don't know. Might be against the rules," Logan said reaching for the bottle nearest him. He laughed when she snatched it from his hand and took the top off easily with her teeth. A moment later she was smacking her lips and setting the half empty bottle down on the dresser.

"Oops, I forget about a coaster," she frowned as she glanced around, "Where are they?"

"Threw `em out," Logan grunted and set his beer down next to hers. "So who do you think'll win?"

"Hard to say," Rogue replied as she turned her attention to the game. "Kings?"

"Yeah, better than the Flames so far this season. Hand me some of those pork rinds would you?"

Wrinkling her nose in disgust Rogue handed over the deep fried animal skin and settled back against Logan to watch the hockey game. For now she'd at least try to make herself forget her misery, her cheating boyfriend, and the desire to just curl up on the man next to her and never move again.



Humming softly along with the song that played in the cd player Hank moved through the lab, organizing it to suit his needs. Pausing as he approached the computer he glanced over his shoulder wondering if Dr. Grey would appear and reprimand him for taking so much of her identity out of the room. With a shrug he pushed aside his concern and sat down at the desk. Punching in the commands he needed, he sat back with a cup of hot honey laced tea and prepared to go over every file that was in the computer.

Two hours later Hank sat upright in the chair and stared at the little flashing icon next to a file on his screen. Leaning forward he clicked on the icon and had another page open up, without thought he slid a cd into the tower before opening the file and waited for it to download.

As it downloaded, Hank noticed that it was a Danger Room program, one that had a small lock on it. Pondering the significance of that bit of news he wondered if he should attempt to open it.

Perhaps it was some program that Scott had started but had not finished; with that thought he began to tap his fingers on his desk at the lack of haste from the computer. When the soft beep that signaled the download was complete echoed in the lab Hank smirked and took the disk out.

Padding down the hallway, he punched in his code and slipped into the room required. After climbing the stairs to the observation room, Hank closed the door and slid the disk into the computer.

"Please give access code," the computer stated impersonally.

Frowning Hank wondered why a battle sequence would be password protected but shrugged it off, Scott hadn't exactly been too aware of late. Racking his mind he couldn't for the life of him think of what Scott would give for a code.

"Oh drat!" he grunted as he paced back and forth. Finally frustrated beyond belief Hank turned back to the computer and punched in his override code and waited. The soft whirring of the machine as it processed the data required was soothing in its repetitive sound.

"Good evening Hank, override Logan's password," the computer stated calmly.

"Yes," Hank stated, knowing Logan it was extremely violent, and not suitable for the children but he would have to run it to ascertain the degree of violence, "Program has new addition, run or delete," the computer stated quickly as it read through the disk.

"Run," Hank muttered easily even as the computer started to change the look of the room below him. Hank watched the cold metal walls fade away to be replaced by tall, ancient spruce, birch, and other trees he didn't quite recognize. He could see the shimmering of the sun on water through the trees, the moving, rippling shade of the leaves as a slight wind kicked up to play tag with the branches.

The sound of birds chirping, and leaves rustling filled the area and Hank smirked. Obviously it was a program of relaxation for Logan if this was any indication. Reaching for the keyboard he was about to turn it off when he saw movement below.

Knowing that there had been no entry to the Danger Room he paused and watched, his brow furrowed in concentration as he watched to see who Logan was pitting himself against. Perhaps his assessment of relaxation was a little off; perhaps it was a more complex battle program.

Graceful and yet mysterious the dark shadow moved through the trees easily even as another figure moved toward it. "Hello Logan," the soft sweetly accented voice drew a gasp as Hank watched the now clear image of Logan move through the foliage, stopping next to a tall, weathered pine tree to watch the familiar figure standing in a tight red t-shirt and painted on blue jeans, her streaked hair pulled back in a pony tail and a happy grin on her face appear. A pair of long, black gloves covered her hands and a scarf wrapped around her throat.

"Hey darlin', you ready for this?" he asked softly pulling the gloves he carried out if his pocket along with the dark colored silk that was obviously one of Rogue's scarves.

"I'm always ready for you Logan. You should know that by now!"

Frowning as he recognized the fabric clutched in his hand, Hank remained still. It was surreal hearing her voice filled with that much desire, that much honest emotion when she couldn't reveal it anywhere else.

Moving slowly so as not to distract his gaze off her body Rogue inched toward Logan as the program continued, her eyes holding teasing laughter, naked desire, and a deep wealth of emotion.

"I missed you today," Logan's low husky growl echoed within the observation room and Hank moved closer to the viewing window a frown on his face.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, it was hell. Couldn't get rid of Red no matter how hard I tried. Damn annoying woman, ain't figured out yet that I can smell the change in her. Course she still ain't figured out that I ain't after her at all, never really was. Don't really want to talk `bout her though, just boils my blood."

"Awe sugar you know she just ain't your type," Rogue giggled softly, her gloved hands coming up to tease the hair at his nape, her body pressing against his with ease, familiarity, and a startling amount of longing.

"Not like you huh?" Logan smirked at her as he leaned on a tree, holding her in place with his hands on her buttocks.

"I'm perfect for you sugar, a little dangerous and whole lot more fun than anything you're gonna find anywhere else.", she fairly purred, one leg going up to wrap around his thigh as she pressed herself closer to him.

"Yeah I know, perfection wrapped in silk," Logan drawled easily even as he pulled her closer to his body, his hands resting comfortably on her ass. "Had a dream about you last night."

"Good one," the sexy whimper had Hank's eyes opening in shock.

"Real good. So good in fact that I think we should play it out."

"Reeally," Rogue's holographic image giggled softly, "So tell me my love, just what am I supposed to do with you?"

"Same thing we always do," Logan replied seriously as he bent his head to kiss her passionately, the silk of the scarf the only protection. "I even brought extra," he groaned as he held up a handful of scarves, all brightly colored.

"More," The delicate smile that accompanied the plea had him grinning as he moved back from her slightly to jerk his t-shirt off and throw it aside. Next to go was his boots, followed quickly by his belt, leaving him dressed only in his jeans. A few quick, sharp movements had the jeans gone, puddling haphazardly around his ankles only to be kicked aside a moment later.

"Nice outfit," Logan murmured as he bent his head to kiss her navel before moving up her body. The soft thin material of her t-shirt was just right for her, the red cotton cupping her body like his hands so often did. "But it's in the way," he drawled even as a summer breeze kicked up, stirring the branches and ruffling her hair even as she giggled and jerked the top off to toss aside to reveal pale, shimmering material of a flesh colored bodysuit.

"It's gone.." Marie gasped as he unsheathed his claws and cut the straps off her bra quickly before the white lace off her. The low pitched growl he gave sounded closer to a purr of pleasure than one of agony. Picking her up easily he shifted, laying her back on the soft grass, a slight tremble in his hands as he traced over her skin through the silk scarf he held.

"I like this outfit a lot better," Logan growled, his eyes darkening to nearly black, the wild look coming back into them easily until he was laying over her, between her legs. "Way better."

"Mm," Rogue gave a strangled moan as he trailed one hand across her nearly naked skin, shifting uneasily as her body cried out for his touch, oblivious to everything but the man laying on top of her image.

The low, lust-filled growl had Hank jumping slightly as the pair twisted, rolling over so Rogue was on top. A moment later her small, delicate hands had his over his head and tied together with a couple of scarves, the sexy, saucy grin on her face drew a muted grunt from Logan as he arched upwards even as she leaned forward and tied his hands to the base of the nearest tree, "Like this baby?"

"Ooh yeah," Logan grunted squirming under her weight, his lips brushing against a puckered nipple teasingly, "Just like that. Do whatever you want, you can touch me as much as you want to darling, just don't stop!"

Staring in shock at the easy way Logan surrendered to Rogue, Hank wondered why in this dream world he would keep her mutation a factor. Watching as Rogue moved over his body slowly, her hands skimming over sensitive flesh with familiar delight he wondered how long Logan had been coming into the Danger Room for this, how long the man had been working on this program.

The pleasure filled gasp from Rogue drew Hank's attention back to the scene before his eyes and he watched as she arched her hips, rubbing against Logan's hard penis, almost begging him to enter her silently, knowing that she was going to tease both of them for a while first. Moaning as the little nips of his teeth got harder, the stings more pronounced as his alter ego slid into place, she arched into his grip on her throat, letting out a lust filled whimper followed quickly by the familiar echo of a purr.

Logan smiled harshly as he lapped at her breasts, Rogue was taking over the torment, and her touches were more fleeting, more daring, with just a touch of pain in them. Sex with her was usually hard, fast and had gotten to be slightly violent - something that suited them perfectly. The last time he remembered she'd been on top, her heeled boots digging into his hips as she rode him, her sharp teeth drawing blood from him even as he'd climaxed.

Watching the pair beneath him Hank shuddered uneasy about continuing to watch and yet, something made him stand still, keep from turning the program off. A part of him knew that this wasn't real, that it was Logan's imagination but the other part of him, the part that watched over those at the school knew the truth. Here, in this place Logan could have what he would never be allowed outside of the doors.

"Oh fuck yeah," The harsh words drew an answering growl from her as he slid further into Wolverine and he moved slightly until he could see her eyes. A quick smooth movement and he watched as she tossed aside the empty foil packet from the condom he now wore with a low, hungry growl. The darkness of her eyes was filled with lust mixed with hurried abandon and he grimaced as she shifted suddenly, moving into a sitting position and holding herself steady as he thrust home, heavily, harshly until there was only muted gasps, curses and the growing passion filled arousal between them. Slamming into her he grunted when her nails dug into his chest, the slight pain a welcomed addition.

"Wolverine," The low growl from her lips was close to his ear, making him shudder as he thrust into her. "Oh god yes. Harder, faster."

"My hands," the soft, yet obvious growl had Rogue leaning forward and snatching one end of the scarves free. A moment later, his hands slammed onto her hips and held her steady as he slammed up into her body, pushing both of themselves to the edge and over.

The mingled sounds of their pleasure drew Hank from his shocked stupor and he quickly turned to the keyboard hitting the escape and watching the program shut down. Gasping at the images that haunted his mind Hank stared out the window and wondered what he could possibly say to Logan to explain what he now knew.

Turning quickly he took the disk out and put it into a folder before slipping it into a pocket. He had to hide it, had to eliminate any signs of his transgression even as he hurried from the room his own body thrumming with pent up sexual energy.

Hurrying to his room, the only thing Hank could think was that he needed release, needed to get rid of the desire racing through his body no matter what. Slipping into his room, Hank closed the door and locked it for good measure before he began stripping as he headed for his shower. He could hear Logan and Rogue's voices down the hall as they yelled at whatever they were watching and shuddered as he quickly turned on the shower.

He needed release, needed to wash himself of his guilt at witnessing something Logan would never willingly reveal. Hank knew he had to rid himself of the uncomfortable knowledge of just what kept Logan at the mansion.

Catching sight of the disk peeking from his pocket Hank swallowed at the harsh pang of guilt even as he closed his eyes and stepped into the shower his hand already going to his engorged length. Even is guilt couldn't stop the desire, the need and he quickly brought himself to climax before standing under the spray and letting the heated water wash over him, cleansing his body but not his mind.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 5

Shaking her head, Ororo listened to the sounds of students waking and beginning to start the day. Pausing next to the door room of the Iceman she frowned slightly as she heard him get up and head for a shower.

For the past couple of days he'd looked like hell, his throat covered by a turtleneck but it couldn't hide all the bruises. Hank had mentioned that Bobby'd required a few stitches in his chest and Ororo wondered what had caused such wounds as to send the boy to the infirmary.

With a soft snort Ororo headed for the dining hall, she had better things to do than worry about what Bobby Drake was getting into. Jean was a big concern, her actions, her words were so twisted that she didn't know if she could handle what was going on.

Not to mention Logan, who'd retreated behind a wall of silence that no one could possibly get through. It was that last thought that hurt the most because Ororo had to admit a ht she was attracted to him she just didn't know how to reach him.

It seemed everyone was withdrawn and distant these days, even Rogue had started to act differently and Ororo wondered what would happen when it came time to do battle. And they would have to, there was no way out of it now – war was on the horizon and closing fast.


Wincing as he pulled is pajama top off Bobby dropped it onto the floor along with his bottoms and stepped into the shower. Moving gingerly, painfully he grabbed the bar of soap and began scrubbing himself down.

He hated the pain that movement brought, hated the marks that marred his once flawless chest, mostly though he just hated Logan. Guilt and anger filled him daily and he wondered about getting even with the other man but something stopped him. Something kept him from freezing the other man and decapitating him.

Fear is what kept him from even trying it. Fear of Rogue, because she would kill him. Logan was the one person she treasured, the only one who knew what her touch felt like, the only one she trusted with her life.

Bobby wondered if Rogue would be so hurt about his little dalliance as he originally thought. After all it wasn't like Rogue was truly alone, she had Logan to fall back on, Logan as they all knew would risk everything for her.

Pouring shampoo on his hand he worked it slowly into lather as he washed out his hair before rinsing it out and using the conditioner. He knew he loved Rogue – but he couldn't' spend the rest of his life without touch, without physical contact. It was that need that had driven him from his `good boy' beliefs and into the arms of a woman he was attracted to, one he could very easily love.

Shaking his head he killed the shower and slipped out of the stall to dry off. A moment later he padded naked across the room and started getting together his clothes for the day. Slacks, long sleeved shirt with a high color, socks, loafers, boxers, he mentally checked off his list as he dug out the clothes.

Dressing quickly he grabbed a belt and run it through the loops before buckling it and slipping into his shoes. A moment later he was walking down the hallway toward the dining hall intent on breakfast even as he passed Rogue without a glance.

He glanced up at the eyes of the man she was standing talking to with and swallowed harshly before hurrying past the pair of them. Keeping his head down he all but ran down the stairs, quickly slipping into a group of boys who were headed for their morning meal as well.


Watching Bobby run, Logan smirked to himself and glanced back at Rogue who was still talking about the come from behind win the Flames had pulled off on the Kings. Listening to her rant he sighed and nudged her in the direction of her room, she'd slept over last night after having one too many beers so she was still wearing the same clothes she'd had on the night before.

Stopping outside of her door he opened it gently and smirked down at her, "See you later in training `kay kid?"

"Sure Logan," Rogue smiled easily at him. "Hey.." she paused as he turned to stare at her. "Thanks, I appreciate what you do for me, ya know."

Logan nodded and smiled slightly, a hidden grin that only Rogue caught, "Anytime kid, anytime. After all what are friends for?"

Turning Logan walked away – his destination clear. Only this morning he knew he couldn't be an observer, he had to be a participant in his `dream' world. Stalking through the halls he rode the elevator down to the lower levels and walked quickly to the Danger Room. A quick inspection revealed that no one was around, that in fact he had the entire place to himself and he quickly blocked out the observation room windows with a portion of the program he'd developed to keep his secret firmly in place.

"Run Marie single," he commanded as he shed his shirt and watched as the familiar woman appeared before him. "Hey darlin', you ready to play?"

"Always sugar, always," the simulation replied quickly and Logan chuckled at the familiar accent that drew him in and wrapped him securely in her emotions.



Silently cursing have Jean for an instructor Rogue crept into her room and dropped her text books on her desk. She hated biology with a passion; or rather she hated the instructor rather than the material. For some reason Jean and her had just never clicked and it showed in everything they were forced to participate in together.

Jerking off the long sweater she wore she cursed the heat that had obviously been turned on and went to her dresser to dig around for something she could wear that wouldn't roast her alive.

Digging through her folded blouses she frowned as she realized her hand had encountered something hard. Pulling it out she stared at the cd before her. Unlabeled, she had no clue as to what it could possibly be. Flipping it over she inspected it carefully in an attempt to decipher what it was only to come up with nothing.

Shrugging she turned to her computer and slid the disk in. If it was in her room it was obviously for her and thus she could read it. Logging in she waited for the machine to boost before she moved to open the file.

The list of files that opened had her frowning before she caught sight of one in particular. Frowning as she read the label, Marie Program One, she clicked on it and waited. The opening screen blinked once before a little icon appeared, "Unable to read – format not supported. What the fuck does that mean?" Rogue griped as she closed that file and moved on to another one. After twenty minutes of opening and closing them she was getting fed up.

Pulling the disk out she headed downstairs to the computer lab, perhaps one of the computers downstairs would be able to open the disk. If not she'd have to go to one of the instructors and see about getting some help.


Slipping soundlessly past `Ro, Logan, and Dr. McCoy Bobby headed for the computer lab to do some work on his latest math assignment. Opening the door silently he glanced inside and froze as he recognized the signal occupant of the room.

Rogue sat busily working on something on the computer, her face a picture of concentration and effort. Swallowing when she turned to look at him he felt a shiver race down his spine at the cold, merciless look in her eyes along with just a hint of knowledge that inflamed his guilt. Unwilling to deal with her at the moment, Bobby pondered his choices and liked none of them.

Stepping slowly back out the room he closed the door and groaned at the pulling motion that tweaked a couple of stitches, so what if it made him look like a coward, he didn't give a damn. Besides, he wanted to at least see his next birthday, and dealing with Rogue would surely kill him.

Regardless of how things went he wasn't about to go running to the Professor just yet, Rogue would undoubtedly kill him if she knew he was the reason Logan'd left again.

Silently cursing the other man for more than holding Rogue's friendship the tightest, Bobby headed for his room intent on wrapping himself into a cold compress and praying that things would work out.



Cursing as the familiar flashing sign indicated that the files were encrypted Rogue closed down the page she was in, took out the disk and rose to her feet. She'd have to find someone really good with computers and that left only two instructors – Dr. McCoy and Mr. Summers.

Shuddering at the thought of asking Scooter anything Rogue decided instead on asking Hank for some help. With the disk tucked firmly in a pocket she headed for the lab where she was certain Hank was working.


Glancing up at the soft sound of the doors opening, Hank froze as he realized who had entered the lab, "Uh um good evening Rogue," he muttered uneasily, his gaze darting away from her face to settle on the swell of her breasts before darting away.

Damn his endless curiosity, his innate need to poke about – if he wasn't that way he'd never have discovered what Logan's secret was.

"Hi Dr. McCoy, I um need some help," Rogue frowned as she realized Hank wasn't even paying any attention to her face instead he was obviously uncomfortable, and staring at her body before darting his gaze away.


"Well I would be glad to assist you in any way possible," Hank declared easily, pushing aside his own discomfort in the face of helping her.

"Thanks, I found this in my dresser drawer. I know I didn't put it there and I tried opening it but it didn't want to work for me. Seems the files are encrypted or something," Rogue explained holding up the offending disk.

Hank cleared his throat uneasily and nodded as he reached for it hoping she wouldn't realize he was trembling. It had taken him three hours of hiding to get it into her room, and another twenty minutes to get back out - he didn't really want a reminder of what he'd done.Moving quickly across the room he slid it into his computer and opened the disk, after scrolling down for a moment he glanced at Rogue who stood on the other side of his desk, a soft smile on her face, and an expectant look in her eyes.

"It's a Danger Room program," he muttered handing it back to her with a quick movement. "Uh do you have access to the viewing room?"

"No," Rogue sighed softly, "The Professor hasn't given me my own code yet. Could you go in, and open it for me? I'm sure its nothing but if it was in my room I'd like to know what's on it."

"Uh," Hank wondered if she would notice if he didn't want to before deciding that she deserved to know what was on that disk. "Certainly. Although if I may be so bold as to suggest you accompany me and then you'll know what was on it. After all if it is something private or personal I wouldn't want to intrude."

Rogue nodded and followed Hank out of the lab and down the hall to the Danger Room. Within minutes she was sitting at the computer her dark eyes on the darkened room below them as Hank popped in the disk and began the process to get it running.

Rising Hank smiled softly at Rogue, patted her awkwardly on the shoulder and nodded, "When you're done please just turn off the lights, the disk will automatically pop out as soon as it is ended."

"What if I need to turn it off?" Rogue asked softly staring at the control panel before her.

"Just hit this button," Hank pointed to the one he was talking about, "If you need me I shall be working on my research."

Rogue nodded as Hank slipped soundlessly out of the room her gaze on the rapidly developing picture of a calm, quiet little spot deep within the Canadian Rockies. A spot she recognized from Logan's memories and from his discussions of the country.

Frowning at the movement she moved closer to the window and stared at the two figures that seemed to materialize in front of her. Wondering why Logan would have her in one of his relaxation programs, Rogue leaned over and turned on the speakers to listen to what had been programmed in as the conversation.

"Hey darlin'," Logan's deep tone drew a smile from her holographic face.

"How you doing?"

"Missed you like crazy today, couldn't stop thinking about you," Logan drawled moving closer to her.

"Yeah, me to. Glad you came to me," the sultry whisper held more than a touch of desire and Rogue froze at the tone, even as Logan pressed her against a tree, his hands tangled in her hair, and his lips descended upon hers through the thin silk scarf draped over her face.



Tucking the disk into her pocket she killed the lights as she hurried out of the room a hot scalding of color on her face. Pausing just outside the doors she paused uncertain what she should do with the disk even as she bit her lip and headed for the lab.

"Dr. McCoy?"

"Yes Rogue," Hank glanced up at the sudden appearance of the young woman, her face a mark of confusion, lust, and happiness.

"Could you fix this disk for me?"

"What do you mean? Erase it?"

"No," Rogue bit her lip in concentration, "I want it to be able to play on my computer. I need the proof that's on it," she whispered softly.

"Proof?" Hank frowned at that statement.

Rogue smiled softly, wistfully, "Yeah, proof of an abstract concept that no one would ever believe, one that can either be a salvation or a curse."

With a slight nod, Hank sat down to decrypt the codes and reformat the files in such a way that Rogue's computer would be able to access it without too much trouble. Periodically he glanced up to see her sitting running a finger across her throat, up over her jaw and lips a secretive smile on her face.

Obviously she wasn't disgusted by what she'd seen, but just how much had she watched, how much had she sat through before stopping the program? With a soft sigh, Hank figured he would never know and he couldn't ask her. Not without revealing his own voyeuristic tendencies from before.

Finally, with the program translated Hank handed it back to her and watched as she all but skipped out of the room. He had no doubt that Logan would be on the receiving end of her warmth, but he wondered how the others would feel about it.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 6

Trying to quell the nervous butterflies in her stomach, Rogue walked past Logan's bedroom door and headed for her own. The images of being wrapped in Logan's arms as he made love to her were still fresh within her mind.

Slipping into her room she closed the door, locked it for good measure and moved to her computer desk. ~Please let this work, ~ she prayed as she slid the disk into her computer and watched the little wolverine icon race across her screen.

The page opening in front of her contained the usual items along with a couple of icons she recognized. Clicking on one she watched it open up to reveal the show she'd seen in the Danger Room. Closing it she moved to the second and watched as the video of her alone popped up.

It shocked her to see even alone, the Rogue image wore gloves and a scarf. In fact no matter what happened in the programs, she was always dressed like her mutation was merely an extension of her, a part of her identity much like Logan's claws.

Alone or with him, Logan had programmed it so that she was deadly and she wondered about that. Sitting watching herself walking along the edge of the lake it struck Rogue that perhaps Logan saw her mutation as an equalizer, something she possessed that made them equals instead of dependents.

Blinking she reached up at the slight tickle on her cheek and stared at the moisture on her fingertips. Closing her eyes she let the silent tears fall as she came to terms with the fact that Logan didn't see her as a hazard, but as a mate.

That thought alone is what kept her in her seat that kept her at the mansion even though the thought of her mutation worried her. She saw clearly that Logan needed her in his life, needed something that he couldn't get from anyone but her.

Raking a hand through her hair she rose and padded over to the window to stare out at the pond. Staring down at it she swallowed, as much as Bobby's actions had hurt her, they hadn't killed her. Instead they'd just reinforced her opinion that she would never be normal, never have what others did, what others could.

In her mind she would never have a lover, never have the unfailing devotion of a love that would last because she was poison. She didn't for a minute believe that Bobby had intended it that way, as a matter of fact she knew he believed that she had no idea about his straying. Still, she couldn't blame him – after all he was what he was and nothing would change that.

Turning her head she stared at the image on the screen even as a soft, loving smile crossed her face. She was tired of playing with the boys, she wanted, needed a man who loved her skin and all.

Now all she had to do was convince him that what she wanted, what she needed was what he wanted, needed, longed for in the darkness. All she had to do was coax him out of the darkness and into her light.



Stopping in front of Rogue's door Kitty inhaled and exhaled slowly, hoping to calm her nerves before she knocked on the door. She didn't feel right about what had happened, what she'd done and it was high time she came clean with her friend. Rogue had never been anything but nice to her and she'd betrayed her by kissing Bobby.

Kitty flinched as she recalled the bruises and cuts on Bobby's chest and knew without a doubt that Logan had been involved. She wondered what had happened when they'd fought, but didn't have the guts to ask. Instead she was standing waiting for Rogue to pass judgment on her.

"Hey Kitty," Rogue opened the door slowly and stared at the other girl, "Come on in."

"I'm sorry to be disturbing you," Kitty whispered as she glanced around the room. With the nightmares, skin, and Rogue's penchant for having Logan appear in her room at night, the Professor had decided it was best to give her a room of her own and now Kitty was glad.

"Hi Rogue, I uh came to chat."

"Sure," Rogue replied closing the door behind her as Kitty walked into the room. Walking over to her desk she closed the file and turned to her friend.

Inhaling Kitty looked at Rogue then away, "I'm not exactly proud of myself. I uh wouldn't blame you if you never spoke to me again but I think we should be honest with one another. I don't know if you saw us or not but Bobby and I went skating the other night."

Rogue nodded and settled into a chair opposite Kitty, "Did you have fun?"

"At the time," Kitty whispered softly staring at her hands. "But now I feel really bad."

"Why?" Rogue murmured coldly, "I mean no harm, no foul right? What did you..?"

Kitty looked up into Rogue's eyes and swallowed her fear, "I kissed Bobby," she stated, "And I like it. I admit I've always had a thing for him.."

"I know," Rogue stared at Kitty, "I've always known that you've been attracted to him. He likes you to. The only problem now is what are we going to do about it?"

"I don't know," Kitty replied slowly. "I know what I did was wrong…"
Rogue shrugged and rose to her feet to pace to the window, "No. What you did was human, he kissed you, you kissed him back. End of discussion."

"But you hate me for it!"

Rogue shrugged and turned to look at Kitty, "No I don't. I pity you because once he's free he's gonna come to you and you'll let him in and when some new girl comes along that tickles his fancy he'll play with her. its how cheaters are, and it's a hard lesson to learn but you will learn it, and sooner or later you'll play that game."

"But.."

"I don't hate you Kitty. I really don't," Rogue shrugged indifferently, "I don't hate Bobby either. I don't really feel anything right now."

"But you will," Kitty rose and stared at Rogue, "and when you do you're gonna hate me. And I'm sorry."

"Like I said no harm, no foul. What you're gonna get out of this little game that you're playing is going to be punishment enough," Rogue declared easily before turning to the window. "Tell Bobby I'm not about to forgive and forget either. He wants anything, he better come crawling cause his dishonesty makes me mad."

"I'll tell him," Kitty whispered as she moved to the door. "Thank you."

Rogue laughed harshly and turned to look at the other girl, "Don't thank me. Thank Logan."

Swallowing Kitty lowered her eyes and all but ran from the room leaving Rogue a simmering mass of fury.

Turning to stare out the window Rogue opened her mind, allowing the voices to come to the front. The strongest one had taken over rather quickly and she now wallowed in that knowledge.

~If you want to catch a Wolverine, you have to set the trap,~ Inner- Logan drawled quickly, a smirk in his voice. ~We want you, we love you now it's up to you to catch us.~

~But how? How do I set a trap?~ Rogue wondered plucking at her gloves.

~A predator will always chase prey. You've awakened us, and trust us we want to be caught. Regardless of what Logan may say, we will follow where you lead.~

~But should I leave? What if..?~

~You can not trust fate. She is fickle, harsh and will betray you. If you want us like we know you do, then go to the one place we know peace. The images are not made up, they are memories. Go there; go to where you can catch us. It is simple. Run and we will follow.~

Biting her lip Rogue tapped her fingers on her leg for a second before nodding frantically, ~I can do that. I can go there but you have to help me. You have to tell me where to go, show me the way. I can only run as well as you tell me to.~

The soft, smoky chuckle that filled her mind brought a smile, ~You will find the way Marie, we will guide you. We will show you where to go. We promise.~

Surrounded by that much faith, Rogue knew which path to take, knew what she needed to do – she would catch a Wolverine and she would keep him. She felt confident that she could do it, she could make this choice and there was nothing anyone could say about it. She was who she was and nothing could be gained from staying where she was pitied, where her friends cheated behind her back without a thought, where she couldn't really allow her mind to follow her heart.

That decision made she wondered about it, how could she do it? How could she slip away unnoticed? She knew where she was going, what she was running to but could she do it? Would the Professor let her get away cleanly or would he catch on and stop her? Shaking her head furiously Rogue decided she didn't give a damn what happened, she needed to do this.

~Preparation is the key. Wait for everyone to be sleeping, then slip away. Pack everything you are going to take then hide it and wait.~ Inner Logan instructed carefully. ~We will protect you, don't worry.~

She needed to follow the prompts of the presence within her, follow Logan wherever he led her. With that thought in mind she hurried out of her room and down the hall toward the heavy door she knew as well as she knew her own.

Slipping into the room she closed the door and inhaled deeply, smirking at the soft scents of tobacco smoke, sweat, and Logan. Oh yes, this was his domain but it would be theirs if she had any say.

Digging through the closet, Rogue pulled out Logan's old packsack and began packing his things up. She didn't know, didn't understand what made her clean his room out first all she knew was that she needed to move him to where she could watch him.

Needed him closer than two doors, was what he was telling her. She needed Logan's presence in her life, in her heart and the only way to accomplish that was to take control of her own fate. She would die before she let anyone hurt him again, before she let the `team' destroy him.

Pushing aside her own fear that she'd be discovered she tucked his bag under his bed and turned to slip out into the hallway. A glance up and down the hall revealed that she was alone and she raced to her room.

Jerking her old duffel bag out Rogue began tossing things into it, filling it with the items of her life. Clothes, books, items that were mundane, but somehow had become a signature for her, an identity that wouldn't be shaken were all crammed together into the old cotton and polyester bag. She tucked the disk into it and pulled out the laptop she'd bought, after copying most of the information she needed onto it she tucked it away into the pack.

A final glance at the room and she nodded satisfied, even as the voice in her mind reflected that satisfaction.

Dragging the bag off her bed she grabbed her cloak, her scarf and wrapped it around her head before slipping down the hallway to Logan's room. Stashing her bag in the space next to his she waited until she could be sure that everyone would be occupied and escape would be possible.



Growling at Scott Logan limped slowly off the Blackbird and headed for his room and a nice hot shower before he went to visit Marie, the Marie of his dreams, his fantasies. Pausing outside of his room Logan frowned at the vibrant smell of Marie attached to his room before he opened the door and slipped inside. A shocked look crossed his face as he realized two things.

The first was that the room smelled exactly like Marie. Everything was soaked with her scent like she'd just left the room after being in it for a while. And second, the closet was hanging open along with the drawers in the dresser and everything of his was gone. Everything that is but a pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a red flannel shirt that sat on the bare mattress. Stalking across the room he stared at the clothes even as his hand reached for the folded slip of paper on them.

*Logan; if you want me as much as you do in your 'program' come and get me. I'll be at `our' spot. Love Marie.*

Tensing at the words Logan snarled and he whirled around to stalk across the room and out into the hallway. Ignoring Bobby who looked ready to die as he stalked past, Logan jerked open Rogue's bedroom door and stepped inside. Just as his room had been, hers was stripped of all personal effects.

Crumpling the letter in his hand Logan glared at the wall for a second before he felt a sinking sensation in his gut. Whirling he headed for the lower levels even as he felt his heart pounding. Ignoring everyone he stalked to the Danger Room and punched in his code before slipping into the observation room.

A few quick key strokes and he swore profusely at the flashing words on the screen – `Program downloaded on disk. Accessed by H1357 and by guest 072482'. Backing up the program he put another security code on them before stomping out of the room and heading for the upper levels.

A low growl had Jean eying him with a quick, deadly little grin only to pale at the sudden and violent appearance of claws in her face. Pressing back from him she watched him stalk off into the elevator and disappear.

Slipping past the border crossing guard, Rogue kept the small car to a reasonable speed even as she turned west. She was going where she knew Logan would find her, where her world had focused on what she needed.

A glance at the bag beside her drew a smile even as she drove steadily through the day until she pulled up in front of a Best Western at around midnight. Parking she headed inside, rented a room and unloaded the vehicle.

Half an hour later, dressed in nothing more than Logan's t-shirt and her panties she slipped into bed and pulled the covers up a soft smile on her face. It would take another day, two at the most but she'd get there and then she'd have what she wanted, what she needed.

~We all will Marie, we all will. Sleep now, I'll watch over you.~ the soft whisper from her Inner-Logan drew a soft smile even as Marie slipped away into sleep.



Fury raced through him as Logan hurriedly dressed in the clothes Rogue had left him before he headed downstairs toward the garage. The damn fool had gone to the cabin, and had obviously accessed the program which meant he had some fast talkin' to do if he wanted to keep his friendship alive. Granted friendship wasn't all he wanted but he'd take it if it was all he could ever have.

"Logan, debriefing..," Scott started only to stop at Logan's sudden furious snarl and the sickening screech of his claws coming out. A moment later he jumped as the door slammed hard enough to jar the art work on the walls.

"What was that all about?" Storm asked softly as she appeared at his side.

"I'm not sure," Scott glanced at his team mate, "But I am sure I don't want to know. He's likely to kill someone before he's finished." The roar of the bike echoed in the mansion even as the squeal of tires filled the darkened sky.

Pushing the bike Logan wondered if she'd take the more direct route or if she'd take her time. Figuring either way she'd get to the cabin, Logan decided on the more direct route cursing Hank's curiosity, Rogue's ability to read him, and that annoying little fuck Bobby!

Rogue didn't need to know his sick, twisted little secret, didn't need to be burdened with his love. She needed to be a girl who lived a fairly normal life, not one attached to someone who never stayed in one place too long.


Stopping only to fuel up the bike and grab something to eat for himself, Logan reached the cabin and parked the bike. A quick sniff revealed that no one had been there and he smirked, she had a surprise coming to her when he saw her. She was going back to the mansion; she was going to be a seventeen year old girl if it killed him!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 7

Trying to quell the nervous butterflies in her stomach, Rogue walked past the bedroom door of the cabin and headed for hers. The images of being wrapped in Logan's arms as he made love to her were still fresh within her mind.

Dropping her bag on the floor she turned and headed for the kitchen, Logan always kept the place stocked and she was hungry. Turning on the cd player she let the soft strains of one of Logan's relaxation disks fill the room and started on supper.

The low purr of a motorcycle had her reaching into the fridge and pulling out a frosty Molson's Canadian and set it on the counter.
Turning the kitchen light down slightly she leaned back against the counter and waited, a soft smirk on her face.

"Figured you'd get here before me," Rogue smirked at the sudden hulking shadow that appeared in the doorway.

"How'd you get here before me?" the low, emotionally charged growl filled the rooms.

"Took every shortcut you ever knew," Rogue replied softly holding up the bottle from off the counter. "Beer?"

Narrowing his eyes Logan growled at the lack of fear in her eyes, and the soft, knowing look on her face. She should have better sense than to trust him, but then she'd always trusted him – even when his claws were buried in her chest. Suddenly he wondered just how much she'd seen, it couldn't possibly have been one of his more explicit fantasies or she'd be reaction much more violently. In fact she'd be beating on him with a crowbar and screaming for help!

Taking the beer he sat on the nearest bar stool and eyed her carefully as she moved above setting the table, dishing out supper, and humming along with the music that he could hear playing. "So why'd you run?" Logan asked softly.

"Didn't want to deal with everyone at the mansion over this. Besides, I figured it was or rather is a private matter," she smirked and winked at him, "Scott I'm sure would be overjoyed to know that you've come up with some delightfully original, if somewhat unorthodox ways around my skin. Does wax work?"

Swallowing harshly at the innocent expression on her face, Logan retreated behind his beer even as he moved over to the table and sat down. Truth was wax, Vaseline – applied properly, cheese clothe, whipped cream, honey, were all avenues his mind had explored quite well. Each had worked – some better than others. "You ain't supposed to be poking your nose into my business."

Rogue giggled, "Way I see it, if it's me you're fucking, it's my business to. After all I want to get some satisfaction out of this to."

"Don't use that word," Logan snarled gripping his beer tightly, "I've never fucked you, never will."

"Uh huh, and I suppose it was Scott who dreamed up the images of this place, the images of you uh..," Rogue paused before flushing and shrugging, "Engaging in oral sex with me, under a waterfall. Which reminds me – how in the hell did you manage that one? I didn't see even a hint of something between us."

"Any barrier will work. As long as your skin is covered in something there's no pull. You had no right accessing those files," Logan stated staring at her hard, "I find out who gave you access, they're gonna get a claw or two up the ass for it."

"Oh come on Logan," Rogue shot back, "its okay for you to use me as part of your little program, as long as I don't know about it? That's bullshit."

"You're hooked up with the Ice-pick. What do you care about my fantasies?" Logan snarled slamming his bottle down on the table angrily and rising to his feet. At her tolerant look he settled back into the chair with a glare.

"Your wounded act doesn't cut it Logan," Rogue retorted before smiling softly. "And I'm not hooked up with anyone. Hard to be hooked up when the other person's out screwing around on me."

With a low, furious growl at the reminder Logan stared at the table, "He apologize for it yet?"

"Ain't confessed yet, much less apologized," Rogue replied seriously, "Despite the fact that he had a run in with someone who left more than a few bruises."

"Little fucker had it comin'. Ain't gonna apologize for it."

Rogue nodded thoughtfully, "Should've guessed it would've been you. I've been so focused on being hurt I never really thought about who he'd gotten into a scrap with. You've always been there for me, always given more than you've received and I guess in my own misery, my self-pity I forgot that. I won't do that again."

"You gotta go back kid. You can't stay here," Logan stated softly.

"Why not?" Rogue asked softly, without a trance of rancor.

"Because you're only seventeen, and I'm not your father."

"Seventeen is the age of consent in New York, and sixteen here in Canada. It's up to me who I decide to be with," she shrugged her gaze steady on his, "And Professor Xavier may be my guardian but he's smart enough to know I'm not a wallflower. I'm too much an independent woman to have him breathing down my neck about where I go or what I do. When everything is said and done, he knows I'm with and that's good enough for him."

"Marie," Logan swallowed and watched her rise to move over to the counter and pull out the laptop computer. "Think about this. You've got friends, school, a dumbass for a boyfriend.."

"And a man whose given his life for me more than once, who loves me skin and all," she interrupted quickly a serious look upon her face.

"It couldn't work."

With a chuckle Rogue sauntered across the room to stop directly in front of him, "Your fantasies, your memories tell me differently. I spent the entire drive up here thinking about this and I've come to several conclusions. First of all, in every single fantasy, every dream you've managed to incorporate ways around my mutation. I've noticed that you've dressed up instead of undressed to have sex with me in this program. You just keep giving to me no matter what. You got a reason for that?"

Logan shifted his shoulders rising in a shrug as Rogue inched closer, her scent wrapping around him with spicy arousal, happiness, and a hint of uncertainty. Yeah he had a reason for that but he wasn't going to spill the proverbial beans on it, she was just a kid who didn't need his shit to weigh her down.

"Loving me isn't wrong," Rogue's warm breath feathered over the skin on his neck even as she leaned close to him, so close he could feel her body heat, felt her body without actually making contact with skin.

"Kid.."

"I'm staying," Rogue replied tucking the disk into the pocket of her pants and staring into his eyes, her hands on either side of him on the back of the chair. "It's my choice, my heart. I'm tired of waiting for someone to walk away. You leave, I go to, you stay I stay. There is no me or you, now there's just us – get used to it."

"Marie I can't," Logan growled his eyes fastened on her lips, "I can't fight you and me to. You were never supposed to know."

"I've always know that you cared about me, just not to this extent because you kept hiding in my mind. I've been a girl, played the part of teenager, now I want to be a woman, your woman," Rogue whispered moving closer to him until her thighs were pressed against his knees, her arms draped across his shoulders.

Frowning slightly at the intrusive scent that hit him Logan jerked his head toward the door and growled low, furiously. Rising he pushed Rogue away, his hands staying on her waist for a split second too long even as he turned to look into her eyes, "Hold that thought baby," he grunted as his claws came out. "We've got company."

"Who?" she whispered already reaching for a weapon, however puny it may be.

"Sabertooth and two others I don't know. Stick close to me kid," Logan grunted even as he cracked his neck and moved deeper into Wolverine's personality. It was time to kick some Brotherhood ass, especially when they interrupted a serious conversation like the one he'd been having.

"Be careful Logan," Rogue murmured softly even as she let the Logan in her mind out a little more and felt her body tense into a fighting stance. She had some butt to kick.

Ducking at the sudden shattering of a wall, Rogue hit the floor a second before Logan did and watched as part of the wall exploded inward. Wood flew about, along with the couch, and what appeared to be a car door even as a cloud of dust and smoke filled the cabin.

"The car!" she cried above the noise.

"Forget it," Logan shot back as he rose, his claws coming out even as a shadow moved through the smoke toward him. A quick sniff told him who it was and he smiled with cold, anticipatory rage. "Watch yourself Rogue, it's not a game."

Rogue nodded and met his gaze for a second, "Be careful," she ordered even as she ducked at the sudden swinging motion from her right. Coming up under the arm she struck out quickly, hitting her attacker in the chest and knocking him back a step or two.

The sound of metal on bone screeched in the air but didn't distract Rogue from her attack. Ducking she frowned for a second before she smirked at her opponent, "Didn't you get enough of a pounding last time?" she muttered angrily even as she felt something grab her from behind. Knowing Logan was busy with Sabertooth, she focused on the Logan in her head, ~Logan help me. I don't know...~

~Relax kid, I've got you, ~ the soft snarl echoed in her mind a moment before her arm swung backwards and hit the body behind her in the chest, effectively winding her. Before she could recover from that blow, Rogue stomped down on her instep and listened to the howl of agony competing with the sound of bones breaking.

With a quick jab, she swung around and punched knocking the woman back a few feet and sending her crashing into the kitchen table. Before the woman hit the ground Rogue jerked off a glove and turned to her forgotten assailant. "You really sure you want to do this asshole?" she growled even as the other mutant smirked at her.

"Yeah bitch, gonna break that pretty face of yours real nicely."

"Come on and try it," Rogue snapped even as she listened to the thud of a heavy body being struck and then falling. Without turning her head she knew that Sabertooth had temporarily gotten the upper hand, but it wouldn't last. Logan was good at pulling someone into an attack and this time Sabertooth wouldn't get off so well. Catching Sabertooth flying across the room out of the corner of her eye she hid a smirk even as her attacker connected his fist with her face. Snarling in pain, she turned her full attention to putting the kid before her out of commission – perhaps permanently.

Ducking under the punch she came up swinging and knocked the man in front of her back a few steps. Knocked off balance, Rogue pressed her advantage and hit him again, sending him out the hole in the wall before turning to face Sabertooth who had managed to knock Logan out completely.

Swallowing harshly, knowing he wallowed in the scent of fear, Rogue refused to give it to him. "So what's up this time? Buckethead forget to feed you or something?"

"Just like your blood better than that slop he's got," he grunted back, his eyes filled with something that made Rogue's skin crawl.

"Yeah, well too bad. I like my blood on the inside of my body Furball, and it's staying there," Rogue retorted and stepped back, bracing herself for the upcoming attack.

With a low growl Logan got to his feet, his mind whirling, and his vision slightly fuzzy as he waited for his healing factor to kick in and repair the damage from a broken neck. A swift glance around the room revealed one body by the destroyed table, the other gone and Rogue facing off against Sabertooth.

Stumbling, he cracked his neck and put out his claws as he moved toward the pair. The sudden shocked look on Rogue's face followed closely by the strong smell of her blood filled him with horror and he moved suddenly, quickly his claws sinking through Sabertooth's trunk to stick out the other side.

"Wrong move asshole," he snarled and jerked upwards. A moment later he threw Sabertooth's body aside, his claws severing the man's neck from his shoulders easily as he grabbed Rogue who was gasping for breath, a bloody froth escaping her lips.

"Hurts," Rogue wheezed choking on the taste of blood that seemed to fill her mouth even as she toppled forward onto her knees.

"I know," Logan whispered softly, catching her easily even as he glanced at Sabertooth's body. With a swift jerk he tore off some fabric from his shirt and pressed it against Rogue's stomach before moving to lift her.

"No!" Rogue shook her head, "No please. No time."

"There's plenty of time," Logan replied and hurried out the hole in the wall. Moving through the darkness easily, familiarly he slipped into the tree line before turning and heading for the lake. Wading through the ebbing waves he stopped near the large rocky outcropping. Resting Rogue against it he filled his hands with water and washed out the wound as best he could before he picked her up and cast a glance around him.

Obviously Sabertooth hadn't regained his equilibrium if his absence was any indication, which meant that Logan could do what had to be done. Pushing at a small, oddly perfect shaped rock Logan slipped past the moving wall and into the underground tunnel he'd made years ago.

Carrying Rogue's rapidly weakening body down the corridor Logan slipped into the bunker and carried her over to the large, double bed. Settling her down on the comforter Logan jerked her gloves off even as he lay down next to her.

Lacing his fingers with hers he welcomed the agony of her touch, welcomed the wash of brilliant, hot white pain before the all encompassing blackness.


Gasping for breath Rogue sat upright and stared into the darkness. The last she remembered was Logan slipping out of the cabin and into the night yet this place was stuffy, closed in and unlike the wilds that surrounded the cabin.

Moving slowly she frowned even as her gaze darted to her hand. Her fingers were laced with Logan's, her naked fingers and there was no pull. Screaming she jerked away from him and stumbled backwards on the bed even as she felt her heart begin to pound uncontrollably. She'd killed Logan, she had..the slow, steady beat of a heart echoed within the room and she shook her head, her knees coming up to rest against her chest.

~What are you screamin' about darlin', ~ Logan growled in her head.

~I killed you! There was no pull left; I took too much~ Rogue sobbed as she stared through the inky blackness.

~Naw, listen close and you'll hear the old heart pounding away. Your body only took what it needed before it shut the pull off.~


"I have control?" she whispered aloud.

~Only with us,~ Logan chuckled. ~And it ain't really off, just takes only what you need to heal. Now then if you don't mind, I'm gonna go have a rest. Have fun waking him up, and remember you don't need a barrier – but there's a big jar of honey under the edge of the bunk.~

~Honey?~

The sultry chuckle was filled with lust and knowledge, ~He likes honey, and he likes lickin' it off you even better than he likes it on its own. Relax darlin', your safe here with him.~

Letting the familiar voice fade from her mind, Rogue moved closer to Logan her eyes on his face. He looked completely healed; there wasn't a mark on him, not as much as a bruise. His chest rose and fell slowly, steadily like he was sleeping, forcing herself to concentrate she could clearly hear the steady beating of his heart, as well as the wild thumping of her own.

Smiling softly she touched his forehead, trailing a finger across it with pleasure at the simple intimacy of the act. Leaning forward she nuzzled at his jaw, biting it softly even as she felt him groan.

Straddling his waist she settled her weight on his legs and rested her fists on either side of his head, "Hey lover, wake up and look at me."

The low growl and the familiar sound of metal on metal only drew a soft giggle from Rogue who shifted against him and nuzzled closer. Leaning to the side she pulled something out from under the bed and set it on the night table and nudging the lid off it with one motion before eying him with an all too familiar expression.

"So? Do I wear it, or would you like to?" she whispered dipping her finger into the golden liquid and sucking it off.

"Kid," Logan groaned blinking to clear his vision even as he saw her smirk. Seeing what she'd dug out he groaned and flopped back on the bed, "I knew I should've moved that."

Giggling softly Rogue shrugged, "What is this place?"

"Safety," Logan grunted as he shifted, rolling to pin her beneath him. "A haven where I can have some privacy."

"It wasn't in your memories from before."

"That's just cause I built it after the Statue incident. The one place I could go and let myself live with my dreams, a place I could be happy without anyone sticking there nose in and buggin' me about it," Logan explained his eyes scanning her face, her body as he searched to make sure she was healed. "Good thing you broke contact."

"I didn't," Rogue whispered softly as she shifted beneath him, "My skin did it on its own. I woke up holding your hand."

Logan frowned even as he trailed a bare finger down her face without the sharp pain of her mutation sucking him dry. Smiling as he realized that indeed she appeared immune, he grinned at her before lowering his head, "Save the honey for later," he whispered gently as he kissed her softly, teasingly.

Responding gently, Rogue licked along Logan's bottom lip, taking small nips and soothing them with care. Moaning softly as he tangled his fingers in her hair and deepened the kiss, Rogue shifted beneath him.

"Tell me to stop," Logan whispered his mouth against her ear, naked lust and love in his voice.

Rogue grinned and shuddered as her hands pulled at the shirts he wore, "No, it's my choice, my heart Logan. I want you."

Shuddering at the firm words Logan groaned and nuzzled into her neck, his teeth skimming over her pulse points to nip and suckle at her collarbone. Using his tongue and teeth he mapped out every inch on her throat, tucking away the memory of where her moans and arches got a little hotter, a little wilder.

Shifting back a little he stared at her shredded top before glancing up to stare into green eyes filled with desire and trust. A moment later he unfurled one claw and cut the offending rag off her body, tossing aside with ease even as he bent his head to pay homage to the naked flesh he'd exposed.

"Oh God!" Rogue moaned softly and arched into his caress as he pressed open mouthed kisses along her upper body. The feel of his tongue on her puckered nipple sent shock waves through her body to pool at the juncture of her thighs. Moving slowly she brought them up so they rested on either side of his hips, allowing her free range. Using the leverage she arched into him and relished the growl that followed.

"More," The delicate smile that accompanied the plea had him grinning as he moved back from her to sit on his knees and jerk his t-shirt off and throw it into a corner. He growled and purred as her hands skimmed over the chiseled muscles of his chest, tracing every curve, every inch. Fingers softened by lack of exposure tweeked at his nipples making him groan with desire even as his own hands moved over her body, tracing, touching, learning every inch of her so he could never forget.

Next to go were his boots, followed quickly by his belt, leaving him dressed only in his jeans. A few quick, sharp movements had the jeans gone, puddling haphazardly around his ankles only to be kicked aside a moment later.

"Jeans," Logan murmured as he bent his head to kiss her navel before moving up her body. Feeling her hands on his waist he grinned as he used his tongue to trace a pattern around her belly button, "Off or on?"

"Off," Rogue gasped arching into him even as she felt the hard length that was trapped behind the denim. "Take `em off please. I want to see you, want to touch you."

"You are," Logan paused at her statement and stared into her eyes, "You do in a thousand ways."

"Make love with me Logan," Rogue whispered softly, a smile on her face, her hands on his chest.

Nodding slightly Logan bent his head, pressing soft, almost chaste kisses along her jaw until he got to her mouth. There he nibbled at her lips until she groaned and thrust her tongue into his mouth. Chuckling around the kiss he let her taste him, let her explore his mouth even as he did the same. Using his tongue he traced over her teeth, her tongue, and her inner cheeks until he could barely breathe. Forcing himself back he gulped in air before moving to kiss her again even as he felt her hands tangle in the belt he wore.

"Mm," Rogue moaned as he trailed one hand across her naked skin, shifting as her body cried out for his touch, forgetting everything but the man on top of her, touching her. And that was enough to block everything from her mind.

Gasping at the feel of his teeth on her throat she arched her hips begging him for something, anything that would ease the ache that was filling her mind and body. She needed so much more than the passionate kisses they were sharing.

Smelling the distinct change in the woman beneath him, Logan smiled harshly as he lapped at her breasts, Marie was slipping past that point of no return and he welcomed it. Moving one hand from its position next to her hip, he slid it between their bodies and undid the single button on her jeans and slipped in under her panties.

Her curls were soaked with the essence of her desire, and his fingers glided over her secrets easily, slipping into her with ease. Feeling the slight wiggling motion she was using he jerked hard on her jeans, dragging them down her legs and leaving her exposed and vulnerable to him.

"More Logan, please it feels so good," Rogue whispered pleadingly as she felt his fingers comb through the tangled curls to slip stealthily into her. Moaning softly as she felt him part her lips and stroke her she arched into his hand, biting her lip and closing her eyes as she felt a warm, endless wave of pleasure roll over her gathering strength as it moved. With her head bent back she could feel Logan's hot breath as it whispered across the damp trail left by his tongue as he licked at her breasts, going slowly as though to torment her.



Using his teeth as well as his tongue, he teased her breasts, tugging gently on her nipple making her moan and relishing it even as his finger moved slowly back and forth against her clit until she bucked against his hand her hands clenching his back almost painfully as she orgasmed. Biting down on his shoulder to muffle her cries, Rogue rode wave after wave of pleasure even a she felt Logan's body pressing harder against her. Feeling more than hearing the low growl as she bit him, Rogue smirked to herself. Oh yeah, she could make him lose control.

Feeling the moisture of her reaction running down his hand he trailed it back up her, leaving a wet path of her moisture glistening on her already flushed skin. Trailing his dampened hand around her nipples he followed the path with his tongue, making her moan as she arched into him her breath coming in short, choppy gasps.

"Yessss," The word was drawn out, hissed as he eased himself down her body, holding her in place with a firm hand on her quivering abdomen. Following the same path with his tongue as he'd taken with his finger mere moments before, he kept her on edge even as he nuzzled at the dark curls that hid the secrets of her soul. Hearing her moan beneath her breath he grinned even as his tongue worked slowly along her, teasing, taunting her enjoying the way she arched into his caresses. Alternating between sucking and licking her tiny center of nerves he relished each response, each moan, each tremble and shudder, hoarded them desperately deep within his heart, unwilling to face just why yet.

The smell of her desire lured him even closer to the edge and he struggle with control, regardless of what was said or done he would never do something to hurt her. Feeling her hands in his hair he growled at the slight tugs, ignoring the brief pain, welcoming it even as a way to temporarily stave off the inevitable.

"Logan," The soft, raspy word drew his attention even as he felt another wave of pleasure roll over her, tasting her on his tongue as her internal muscles contracted around him. Moving it he wallowed in her response even as she pulled a little more desperately on his hair.

"Logan," A little more insistent, a little more desperate her command echoed through her body, vibrating along his sensitive senses until he shifted, moving to stand before her. Lifting her evenly with his chest he held onto her, as he dropped his head, unwilling to release her even as he kissed her, the feeling of her long legs wrapping around him driving him insane.

"Now," Rogue pleaded desperately her eyes glazed with lust and longing. "Please Logan, come in me."

"You sure?" He gasped, his breathing just as ragged as hers, staring into her eyes he read the same need, the same emotional storm he was going through and surrendered. "I don't have anything," He admitted softly, with the knowledge that she was unobtainable he hadn't bothered to buy any something he was now kicking himself in the ass for.



"Who cares?" Rogue whispered against his lips, her body arching against the painful erection pressing back at her. "I don't," ignoring the little voice in her head that offered a weak protest she writhed beneath him, the cool air from the room a sweet torment against her hot flesh.

Using a quick claw motion he had her jeans shredded and tossed aside without thought. Instead he turned his attention to the only piece of attire she now wore, her lace bikinis and he growled at the tangled mass trapped on her legs.

Jumping slightly when he tugged harshly on her panties and they tore quickly, shredding under the force of his grip to be tossed aside she giggled at his fierce look a moment before all thought of her underwear went sailing out of her head.

A slight grin crossed his lips, something that warmed Marie even more as he bent his head to kiss her, his tongue licking along the seam of her lips teasing, tantalizing her until she opened for him and he slipped inside. Growling audibly as she suckled on his tongue, her tongue tracing his as she arched into the kiss. Feeling his hands trailing across her naked flesh she groaned softly into the kiss, her body trembling as he pinched her nipples making her breath hitch and a new lick of desire roar through her body to pool between her legs.

Frantically breaking the kiss she tossed her head on the blanket beneath them her eyes glazed with a desperate need, lust and something that Logan hesitated to name. Staring down at her as he gasped for breath, one hand reached out to trail through the platinum streak in her hair, curving over her cheek to trail down her throat pausing where he could feel the beating of her pulse before continuing onward. He used his hand to trail between her breasts, dipping teasingly into her navel to swirl around before sliding down her hip and trailing across one thigh and up the other, brushing against but never really touching the heart of her.

"Yess." The whisper was barely audible, the normal ear wouldn't have detected anything more than a slight sound but Logan heard it and smiled, as he bent his head to kiss her again, his finger sliding through the damp curls to ease into her. Taking it slowly, he teased her pushing her closer and closer to the brink with each move of his finger at it slid deeper into her, stretching and moving along the moist channel she longed to have filled.

"You...y..you're killing me here." She gasped as she arched into his hand, her head spinning, her breath coming in huge shaky gasps even as she stood at a precipice, ready to fall and knowing that he'd be there to catch her. "Please L..Logan..I want more than your fingers in me," the plea was accompanied by her clenching at his biceps, her face naked and filled with lust as he moved up her body.

Feeling the hard length of him pressed against the moist center of her, she squirmed longing to have more than just a tantalizer, longing for the ultimate possession. Closing her eyes as she felt him slide the head of his cock inside her she bit her lip at the feeling. It was like she was too full and yet it didn't hurt really, any pain or discomfort was minimal as he moved slowly, pulling out and moving back in teasingly.

Arching heavily against him when he withdrew she gasped at the feeling of him sliding a little deeper into her and gasped at the way his hand went between them to continue playing with her clit. "Logan," The whimper wasn't a plea; it was more like a way of keeping herself rooted to reality.

Arching slowly into her, teasing her with his touch Logan growled softly at the tight, hot, wet feeling of her around him and the open response she gave. He could feel the slight tremble going through her body and grimaced as it made her muscles contract, rippling along his length.

Pulling out he thrust into her slowly, painfully. The next thrust was going to hurt like hell and he knew it, there was no other way to take her virginity no matter how much he longed for another way and yet he knew even if there was, he wouldn't take it. A part of him was glad he was her first, as she was his. Oh he'd been with plenty of women if you can call having an emotionless fuck being with them, but Marie was the first woman he'd ever loved at least that he could remember and he wanted her to feel only pleasure at his touch.

"Marie.." The soft whisper was half apology, half uncertainty as he thrust again, hesitating at the barrier that blocked him from full possession.

"Oh God! Yes Logan do it." Rogue panted wrapping her legs around him and arching up as he pushed down. Sucking in a deep breath she felt the searing pain and would have screamed if Logan's mouth hadn't been on hers, if he hadn't already been teasing and tantalizing her body into forgetting the pain. As the pain faded another sensation came to the forefront, one that made her gasp even as he started to move, slowly at first then with increasing tempo until she was clinging to him just to have a point of reference.

Arching into his thrust she tossed her head on the twisted bedding, her long dark hair tangling desperately as she inched closer to the ultimate orgasm, her breath coming in tiny little gasps, her body trembling even as she scratched Logan's back desperately.

Moaning uncontrollably she relished the way he bent his head and took her neck, sipping from the hollow of her throat before moving on to her ears where he used his tongue to play with the hoops that hung from the lobes. Shivering at the sensations she could feel darkness closing in on her and moaned even as the night shattered. Like a thousand lights dancing behind her eyelid the sensations were nearly blinding even as the unmistakable sounds of someone whimpering filling her ears as she clung to Logan desperately.

"Oh God." The prayer was heart felt and Rogue wasn't sure who had said it as she felt Logan coming deep within her, his essence streaking through her body like a river of molten lava only to have heard her name moaned over and over as he nuzzled into her neck. The feel of his hot breath on her neck was enough to send her into another tailspin, her body clinching around him as she orgasmed again.

Holding Rogue close as she dozed Logan knew beyond a doubt that having taken care of the cabin, he had to get her back to the mansion. Glancing down at the sleeping woman in his bed he sighed, he could afford to relax, afford to sleep now. They were safe for the moment…


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 8

Moaning softly Rogue shifted under the weight of a heavy blanket and blinked into the dimly lit room. Frowning she shifted, glancing around uneasily as she realized she was no where near the bedroom of the cabin, nowhere near her bedroom at the mansion, nor in any hotel she'd ever been in.

Sitting up she barely felt the blanket slide off her body, instead her eyes desperately sought out a sign of where she was only to fall on the folded clothes that hung over the back of a chair.

Slowly the frown faded and she smiled even as she moved off the bed toward them. Picking up the shirt she held it to her face and inhaled, breathing in the scent and letting it swirl around her.

"You're awake," the soft growl had her jerking around to stare through the darkness at the man standing in nothing more than a pair of faded jeans, the button undone, his feet bare, his hair mussed sexily.

"Just woke up," Rogue admitted softly with a teasing smile, "I um.."

Moving toward her Logan smiled, reaching out to cup her cheek even as he leaned forward and kissed her gently, "Had something to take care of."

"Was Sabertooth still there?" Rogue asked fearfully as she caught the distinct smell of smoke laced with gasoline.

Inhaling Logan nodded slowly, "Yeah, he was. The other two disappeared though and I wasn't gonna track `em. I didn't burn the cabin though, figured someone would come lookin' for them and didn't want anyone to know that they didn't succeed. You uh want a bath or something?" he asked quickly, hoping to change the subject.

"Why?"

Logan flushed and glanced down before wiping a calloused finger across her upper inner thigh to reveal a trail of moisture, "Little hard to miss darlin'," he whispered huskily even as she leaned forward and licked his finger.

"Who cares, ain't anybody here but us. Do you think the Professor sensed anything?" she whispered softly nipping his finger before grinning impishly at him.

"Don't know," Logan grunted as she moved against him, "Don't much care either."

"Good," Rogue smiled softly at him, "Cause I've got plans for the rest of the night and they don't include clothes."

Chuckling at the statement Logan nodded and let her strip his jeans from his body. He had no objections to spending the night learning every one of her secrets, every inch of her body, her essence, and the whole package. In fact he liked that idea a lot, it was more time to bind her to him, more time to push aside the ghosts and the fears and just let them exist.



Charles couldn't shake the feeling that something was happening, something big and bad. Excusing himself from the room of students he rolled to the nearest elevator and slipped inside. Ignoring the sounds of Hank in the lab, and Jean and Scott in the Danger Room he slid into Cerebro and put his helmet on.

Focusing on the sensations he searched, reaching out to Logan or Rogue who had both skipped out of the mansion days before. Get hit psychically with the full brunt of Logan's rage directed at Sabertooth had Charles wincing even as he jerked off the helmet.

"The cabin," he muttered and hurried to assemble the team. They had to get up there, had to help Logan and Rogue.

"What's so dramatic?" Jean asked settling beside Scott at the table.

"Logan and Rogue have run into Sabertooth in Canada," Charles declared.

"What is Rogue doing in Canada?" Bobby demanded before catching Kitty's eye. She'd explained the Rogue hadn't been mad at her, which left Bobby more than a little confused.

"I do not know. From what I've been sensing she's been increasingly emotion these past few days. It could simply be that she needed some time away from the situation," Charles sighed and glanced around the room. "This isn't a game ladies and gentlemen, Logan will protect Rogue with his life, but even he can't stop everything."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Scott asked quickly, his mind already focusing on the mission.

"Simple, go up there, help Logan and Rogue eliminate the danger then bring them back here. I will talk to them and find out what the
issue is."

"But sir, what if he's touched her again?" Bobby asked, "We all know that if he touches her she's gonna be uh difficult to deal with. And he'll be pretty out of it if the last time was any indication."

"That's a risk you will have to take," Charles declared eying Bobby carefully. "It's not as though they're that large of a risk. Logan will be calmed by Rogue, and she'll be belligerent but tolerable. In any case, Dr. McCoy has developed a mild tranquilizer that will be available."

"She's gonna kill him one of these days," Jean stated rising to her feet as the others followed suit. "Every time she gets hurt, he touches her, one day it's going to be too much for him to handle."

"I don't know," Charles shrugged, "It's a risk we all have to accept. It's Logan's choice. Now I suggest you all hurry. Sabertooth was quite close when I sensed him.

Following behind Scott Bobby wondered what to do about the situation. He wasn't really in any shape to fight the Brotherhood, his wounds were still fresh yet he didn't want to say anything. No point in opening himself to attack just because of this situation.



Setting the jet down Scott glanced at the assembled team, "Everyone know what they're supposed to do?"

"Yeah," Bobby nodded. "Get in, get Rogue and Logan, and get the hell outta Dodge. We get it Mr. Summers."

"Just don't forget it, or you're gonna be wishing you were anywhere else," Scott ordered and disembarked from the jet.

Moving through the darkness Scott knelt down at the edge of the tree line. He could see the glowing skeleton of one of the mansion's cars and not far off was his bike parked beside a woodpile.

The sounds from within the cabin were faint but distinct and he caught Hank's eyes. Pointing at Hank, Bobby, and Kitty he waved them away, using sign language to send them around the back of the cabin. Tapping Storm and Jean he nodded his head and led them around the west side of the building.

Moving through the smoke the team stepped into the cabin's interior and froze. The walls had been splattered with blood; the thick, congealed red stained the wood. Hair, bone, and god only knew what else was splattered about on what was left of the furniture.

The table, having obviously been set from the half eaten remains of dinner that had been mangled beneath the weight of at least one body. Like thick, murky water the smoke filled room, swirling around barely filtering out despite the huge gaping hole in the wall.

Three jagged, deep gouges along one wall told where Logan had swung at an attacker, the fact that they were nearly an inch deep and coated with blood revealed his fury. The couch had similar marks on it; along with an additional five score marks.

"Looks like we arrived beyond an optimal time," Hank declared glancing around in dismay at the destruction.

"You're tellin' me," Kitty whistled softly as she glanced around. Picking her way slowly through the rubble she gasped when she tripped over something only to scurry backwards across the floor her face ashen.

"What's wrong?" Bobby immediately darted to her side, glancing at where she was pointing desperately. Swallowing against the rising nausea he looked away, blocking her view with his body. "Looks like Logan won this round," he muttered gesturing at the blood soaked mass of fur on the floor.

"He sorta lost his head," Storm joked as she kicked at something at her feet only to have Sabertooth's head roll across the floor to stare blankly at the ceiling.

"Any indication of Logan and Rogue?" Scott demanded looking to Jean.

"They were here," Jean drawled as she focused on them. "I can't pick them up though. From the way the bike's still here I'd say they didn't get too far."

"In all likelihood it is entirely possible that Rogue was injured and he touched her to share his healing gift," Hank stated calmly. "We should do a perimeter sweep."

"Sounds good," Scott declared with a brief nod. "Iceman, you and Storm stay here. If they come back we need to know. Jean you and Shadowcat head west, keep in radio contact with us. If you find anything, even the slightest clue then let us know. Hank you and I will go east. We'll meet back here in say forty-five minutes."

With a nod of agreement from everyone, Hank followed Scott out the door and into the cool night. Breathing deeply he glanced sharply at Scott even as he caught the distinct smell of something entirely too familiar for his comfort.

Perhaps the Brotherhood had interrupted something they weren't supposed to, but Hank knew beyond a doubt that the scent wafting on the breeze was a combination of Rogue and Logan's scent, and it was filled with enough sexual aromas to make him believe they'd stumbled upon a lover's tryst.

"Come on, if we follow the path it should lead us somewhere," Scott drawled even as he headed into the trees. Unlike the girls they didn't need flashlights, Hank's night vision was perfect and he couldn't see anything but red, so it wasn't that big of an issue.

Moving along the path he paused as Hank knelt next to a tree, "What is it?"

"Blood. It's not fresh but it is blood," Hank declared tasting it and wincing at the acrid, bitter taste. "I think my hypothesis was correct."

"Could be," Scott replied. "Come on, we'll keep searching."

"Should we alert the others?"

"Not until we find something more conclusive then blood. Knowing Logan he'll get her as far from the battle as possible and try to save her then if he can."

Hank fell silent at the words. He didn't doubt that but he wondered if Scott really knew Logan as well as he thought he did. The two men were constantly at each other's throats, a battle of wills that had spilt over onto those around them.

"Do you think it would be wise to do this?" Hank asked softly, "If she's got him in her head won't she be likely to attack us?"

"You tellin' me you're scared of `em?"

"No," Hank replied and sighed. "I just have my doubts that this is who we're supposed to be fighting. They're part of us, they'll come back to us.."

"Logan's too much of a prick for that," Scott snapped angrily. "He isn't exactly a team player Hank."

"Still.."

"Just leave it," Scott glanced at Hank before turning back to the trail. He had no illusions about Logan, not a single one.



Tensing Logan glanced uneasily around as he caught the distinct scent that alerted him to someone being around. Turning his head he smirked at the woman in his arms before shifting and reaching for his jeans.

"What's up?" Rogue whispered even as her head tilted to catch the sounds she could make out.

"Company," Logan grunted easily, "Smell's like Scooter and the Blue Furball."

Rogue giggled softly at Logan's apt description of Hank before swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. "So I guess this means we're going back?"

Logan paused and turned his head to stare at her. "Back?'

"To the mansion? To the life we had there. You know the one where I stay in my corner, you stay in your corner and spend all your time fuckin' a make-believe image of me."

"No," Logan growled glaring at her; he could smell the fear, the unease coming off her and knew it wasn't her thinking that. She knew what he wanted; she just hadn't had a chance to access those memories. "We don't have to go back."

"What do you mean?" Rogue asked as he knelt down in front of her pinning her in place with his body.

"Look I know you've got some shit to work out with Icicle, and I'm willing to give you time to do that but in no way are we going back to what we had before. You're mind, end of discussion."

"But.."

"But nothing. They can deal with it or not, either way it ain't like it's up to them."

"The Professor may think differently," she whispered softly leaning her forehead against his, "But I agree with you. I don't want to go back to that misery, the doubts, the fear. I'd rather spend my time touching you, loving you."

"Good. So what do you think? Back to New York or North."

"North for now," Rogue giggled leaning against him easily her hands trailing up and down his arms, "Lets spend some time together just us, no X-men no Brotherhood, no mutants rights, nothing but skin on skin contact."

Logan smirked at her and dropped a quick kiss on her lips, "Then we need to deal with X-geeks out there. Soon as they're out of the way we'll take off."

Nodding Rogue smirked, "Uh clothes for me?"

Logan flushed and eyed her for a second or two before pulling out a small suitcase, popping it open he pulled out a long, pale print dress, matching gloves and a matching panty and bra set.

"What else is in there?"

"Scarves, more gloves, things you don't need with me anymore."

"And you think a dress is appropriate?"

"Why not, ain't like they're gonna touch you," Logan growled as he rose to his feet, "Now then shall we go tell the geeks we're going North?"

Rising Rogue dressed quickly and grinned at Logan who stood eying her reversed striptease, "What?"

"Nothing," Logan replied before turning and all but dragging her down the corridor to the bunker's door.

"Logan?" Rogue paused and frowned before meeting his gaze, "How is it we can smell and hear them. We've got to be underground.."

"The smell's probably coming from the air shaft I installed, and the sound's coming through the surveillance system. I don't like to be blindsided and the system works well so it's easy to use."

Rogue nodded and smoothed the dress over her hips before glancing down at her bare feet. She glanced once at the boots he was wearing but then shrugged, didn't really matter she'd suffer in silence.

"Let's go tell the Fearless Leader we're takin' some time off," Rogue said as Logan pushed the panel and the rock slid out of the way. Stepping out they inhaled and glanced around, it was clear who was on this side of the lake. They could clearly hear and smell Scott and Hank, and now they could see them down by the lake.

"Must be gonna go for a swim," Logan joked weakly before shrugging, "Hey One-Eye you lost or something?" he snarled as he approached the pair.

Scott whipped around almost upsetting himself in the water to stare at a bare chested Logan and a rather skimpily dressed Rogue as they stood on the edge of the lake's lapping waves.

"Thank God you're both safe," Scott snapped as he sloshed through the water toward them. Touching the radio he had he spoke quickly, prececily, "Found `em east side of the lake about half a mile from the cabin."

"Copy that," Jean's voice crackled before the radio fell silent.

"Rogue you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Rogue growled at him shifting so she was closer to Logan. "Logan's with me."

"Exactly," Scott retorted glaring at Logan who merely stood there with his arms crossed over his chest. "Hank will have a quick look at you Rogue, make sure you're healed completely."

Rogue looked as pained as Hank did before the big blue mutant stepped forward and met her gaze, "I'm fine Hank. All healed up, not even a bruise or nick on me."

"Still one can never.."

"She said she's fine," Logan growled glancing at him. "Now if y'all don't mind we've got plans so move."

"Plans?" Scott gaped at them. "What the hell does that mean?"

"It means we're not standing here having a conversation mere hours before dawn about what we are planning on doing," Logan replied stepping up on the smooth rocks and offering a hand to Rogue who climbed up after him easily. "We're going back to the cabin to see what can be salvaged."

Shaking his head Scott followed after them as they moved through the darkness, "Damn asshole touched her again. He's taking over her mind one touch at a time."

"I heard that One-Eye," Rogue's angry drawl drifted back to them, "And he's no different now than he was before so shut your mouth."

Snapping his teeth together Scott glanced at Hank then up the trail. The walk back to the ruined cabin was filled with tension, anger, and the sense of foreboding that made Hank's skin crawl.

Whatever they had to say wasn't going to be well received that much was a sure thing. Getting back to the cabin Hank noted that Jean, Iceman, Shadowcat, and Storm were all gathered outside of the smoke and blood.

"You are certain you are in good health?" Hank asked lumbering along behind the pair who merely glanced at him, at each other, then back at him to nod simultaneously. With a single nod Hank gave in and stepped back.

"Rogue," Bobby gaped at the young woman walking toward him. He swallowed at the dark look on both their faces and wondered how long it would be before she was back to her usual self. "I was worried."

"No you weren't," Rogue snapped as Logan headed for the bike to check it over.

"Rogue that's not fair," Jean started only to stop at the low, furious growl from the girl.

"Yes it is. Excuse me but I need to check and see if there's anything salvageable."

"Probably not," Logan called as he checked over the bike before straddling it and rolling it toward her, "Smoke damage. You'll be lucky if it don't stink for weeks."

"But my computer.."

"You're gonna have to get another one," Logan stared at her easily, "I think you tossed that woman into yours."

Rogue groaned as she realized she had indeed knocked her assailant into her laptop. "We'll have to pick another up."

"When we get back to New York," Logan drawled and winked, "Ain't like there's a whole lot of places to plug it in on the bike."

"Good so you are planning on coming back to New York?" Jean demanded looking between them.

"Eventually," Rogue declared staring at the bike and her dress, "How am I supposed to ride that in this?"

With a roll of his eyes and flick of his wrist Logan pulled Rogue over and reached down to tie the dress up so it was more like shorts, "How's that?"

"Great," Rogue declared. "Now all I got to worry about is getting shoes."

"We'll get `em in town," Logan promised easily. "Now you getting on?"

Rogue ginned and slid onto the bike behind him, "You gonna let me drive one of these days."

"Convince me to," Logan drawled before glancing at the others, "We're off on a vacation. See you back in New York when we get there."

"WHAT? NO! You are not going anywhere Logan. You can't just run off with Rogue, she's underaged, not to mention she's got a boyfriend, school…" Scott ranted.

Rogue glanced at Bobby then at Kitty then at Logan before glancing back at Scott, "Yeah and I'm sitting behind him."

"That's just him in your head," Jean started only to freeze at the cold look on Rogue's face.

"No it isn't. It's my decision, my choice. Besides, Bobby's into Kitty now even if he still aint' got the balls to tell me to my face."

Logan chuckled at that statement and reached for a cigar, "Ain't that the truth."

"Rogue, I didn't.." Bobby stopped at the identical looks from Logan and Rogue. "I'm sorry."

Rogue shrugged and snuggled closer to Logan who reached for the ignition on the bike, "No harm, and no foul. See y'all later; we're gonna go see the whales or something."

Scott shook his head and opened his mouth to say something only to have Logan rev the engine of the bike and cut him off. With a single claw salute, the pair roared off leaving the team standing staring at them choking on the dust and smoke from the bike.

"Well that went well," Hank declared and turned to head back to the jet, "Shall we return to New York?"

"For now," Scott groused, "He's gonna get it one of these days. I swear to God I will…"

"Give it up," Hank declared before offering his arm to Storm, "Miss Monroe."

"Thank you Dr. McCoy," she replied with a grin and fell into step with him. She had no worries about Logan and Rogue; they'd be back in time. After all they had some things to work out and they needed time and space to do that.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Part 9

Hank had to admit that the tension around the mansion lately was almost palpable, everyone was speculating on things and no one had answers. Scott was ready to blast Logan into next week, Jean was furious that Logan wasn't panting after her, Bobby was well Hank didn't know what Bobby was but it sure wasn't brokenhearted. Kitty seemed sad, and yet underneath that emotion there was relief and Hank had to admit she wasn't the only one. Ororo, he just couldn't make up his mind about, she didn't appear to be overly concerned and Charles seemed intent on promoting peace and barely acknowledged the disappearance of Rogue and Logan.

For his part, Hank felt guilty about digging into the private files of a teammate and yet he couldn't help wondering how long they'd have gone on being miserable before they'd done something. Probably quite some time if he was honest. Logan had seemed to be trying to distance himself from Rogue, to hide the way he felt and Hank understood that.

"You look pensive," the soft, soothing tone drew Hank from his contemplations even as he smiled softly at Ororo.

"Just thinking on the current situation between everyone," Hank replied seriously.

"Yes it is rather confusing," `Ro declared sitting down at the table across from Hank. "Personally, I believe it is the best thing. Logan and Rogue were never meant for anyone but each other. They're both dangerous, both incredibly particular people."

"What do you mean?"

`Ro shrugged, "Logan depends upon his instincts, his senses to guide him. He does what he wants, when he wants, and to hell with the consequences. It's who he is, what he is. Rogue is much less obvious about it, and she'd been trying to pretend that she isn't like that. I think that's one of the reasons she had it so easy when she assimilated Logan's thoughts after the last touch."

"Do you think they're incapable of emotional devotion?" Hank asked softly as he sipped at his coffee.

With a slight frown `Ro considered that and looked at Hank, "I don't know. Do you?"

Shaking his head Hank sighed, "No, I do not believe either of them is incapable of emotional devotion, of feeling love. Both feel hate, anger, love, and happiness are merely opposites of those emotions. I know Logan loves her."

"How do you know that?" `Ro asked curiously, she'd never seen any indication where Logan was in love with anyone, not even Jean. Matter of fact Logan had taken to avoiding most of the women at the mansion, especially Rogue.

Flushing guiltily Hank shrugged, "Logan developed a program entirely around Rogue and her mutation."

"You mean a fight sequence?" Ororo gaped at the blue doctor.

"No," Hank sighed. "Situations where they could be together have a life, build their home, their futures without us, without fighting at every turn. That was Logan's escape from the mansion; from the knowledge he held that she would never be his."

"Programs?" `Ro gaped at him, "Are you certain?"

"Very," Hank flushed and lowered his voice, "Some of them were downright pornographic and others were soft, loving. He could take a walk with her, just holding hands along the lakeside. He could give her flowers, hunt for her, and help her to discover she could control her world. Oh yes, there many, many files."

"You saw some didn't you?" `Ro demanded softly.

"Unintentionally," Hank replied softly, his voice filled with regret. "I found the program and opened it with my over ride codes. What I found was both shocking and exhilarating," Hank admitted quietly. "I do not like to interfere with anyone's personal life but I knew what could happen if someone found it so I downloaded it, hid it and tried to forget about it."

"What could possibly have happened?" `Ro demanded uneasily.

"Scott would have killed Logan," Hank replied seriously. "He firmly believes Logan is beneath him and knowing that Logan loves and lusts after Rogue regardless of her mutation he would have taken it upon himself to protect her."

"Did she know about the programs?"

"She does," Hank replied honestly. "She uh found the disk I made."

"Hank what did you do?" hiding her laughter at the guilty look on Hank's face `Ro watched him carefully.

"Nothing that shouldn't have been done. Well except seeing some of the program but that wasn't really my fault. It started and I wanted to be certain that things wouldn't turn violent so I watched…"

"Hank you should tell them."

"I will, just as soon as they relocate back here," Hank promised as he stared at her. "Where do you stand on this?"

"From what I saw at the cabin, Logan and Rogue love each other. Who am I to say they can't or won't make it? I think they need some time and they'll realize that their being together isn't going to be super easy and decide if they want to make it work or not."

Hank nodded and turned his attention back to his coffee cup. He didn't doubt that Logan would protect Rogue from anything, even a threat from himself. With that knowledge, Hank relaxed and turned his attention to much more important things like getting `Ro out on a date.



Dropping the bag on the end of the bed Rogue flopped onto it and stared at the ceiling. Logan was down the street at a fight bar lining up a fight so she'd gone shopping. Now she was beyond tired and knew she wasn't going to the fights tonight.

Hearing the lock clicking she hid a smile and turned her head to stare at the door as it swung open and Logan stepped inside.

"You get boots?" Logan grunted as he dropped his keys on the nightstand.

"Yep, boots, jeans, you name it, I got it," Rogue declared sitting up. "You got a fight lined up?"

"Naw," Logan shook his head, "The cage is closed for a while after some girl got killed. Seems the owner's a bit squeamish about that sort of thing."

"Well I should hope so. Not everyone has our healing ability," Rogue declared easily.

"Girl wasn't in the cage," Logan ground out, "It was the guy from the fights that killed her afterwards. Seems he picked her up hitching a ride or something and brought her inside as partial payment on his bet if he lost. He lost and no one wanted to take a battered girl off his hands so he beat her to death in the middle of the bar."

"Eech," Rogue shuddered, "Sure glad there ain't a fight then. I'd be hesitant to sit there and watch you knowing that someone like that is there."

"Hell I ain't about to let anything happen to you babe," Logan snorted as he flopped into the nearest chair and started taking his boots off. He grinned at her when she got up and pulled them off easily.

"Well that may be but still you should know that I can kick a little ass myself," Rogue replied pertly.

"Mm," Logan studied her easily, familiarly. In the weeks since they'd ridden away from the mansion they'd become even more determined and ensnared within a trap of their own making. He loved her too much to let her go, and yet part of him knew that he had to let her go, that he had to set her free.

"Do you regret us?" Logan cursed his tongue even as he waited impatiently for Rogue's reply.

"No," Rogue settled on Logan's lap, her knees on either side of his hips in a familiar position, only this time there was fabric between their bodies.

"Why?"

"Because I love you, and I know you love me. Because you set me free, you gave me that choice a long time ago," Rogue replied seriously. "You didn't say Rogue I know you have a crush on me so now I want you to hop into bed with me and be mine. You stepped back, you let me date Bobby, let me be a teenager. Now, now I see what it cost you. Everyone's spent so long thinking you were after Jean but you weren't, you were never after her. She was convenient; she was a target you could use. You've always been mine, right from that first moment our eyes met in Laughlin; I'm only now just coming to understand that."

"So if I said you had to go back to the mansion in the morning?" Logan asked softly, seriously.

"I'd tell you to kiss my ass. I ain't going anywhere without you."

Logan nodded and trailed a finger down her cheek, he loved the way her skin didn't react to his, that she only took what she needed to heal, to stay alive. "We should go back soon. You've got to deal with that over grown ice box, and I should face the consequences of stealing you."

Laughing Rogue leaned forward until their breath was intermingling, and she could feel the movement of his lips, of his whiskers, "Screw `em. I'm having fun spending time with you, loving you. I ain't ready to go back to where I have to be quiet when we're making love. I want to be able to scream your name without worrying about Scott pounding on the door, or Jean trying to read my mind. Now if you've got any other stupid ideas, run `em by your brain again cause we ain't about to go back just yet. Maybe next week, after I turn eighteen," Rogue giggled, "Besides that, I can't really imagine you being too concerned with appearances Logan. You don't care what others think, or what they say as long as it doesn't piss you off."

"I know but this time there's more to consider than just me. I've got to put you first babe, got to put you before me regardless of how much it kills me to think I may lose you."

"You won't," Rogue promised as she stared at him. "You couldn't lose me if you tried."

With a slight smile Logan met her gaze before dropping his, he knew that things were new and exciting but sooner or later they'd loose their sparkle. Besides that, he didn't want to risk her safety an well being because of the X-men's need to keep her under wraps.

"Sooo..you said there was no fights, so what have you got planned for this little girl?" Rogue whispered hoping to draw him from his muddelin thoughts. "Something naughty I hope."

"You know you're well over the age of consent," Logan whispered his fingers already plucking at the strings on Rogue's pants, "Up here it's fourteen, even if they are trying to make it older."

"Really?" Rogue gaped at him in amazed pleasure, "Are you serious?"

"Yes," Logan grinned at her and winked. "Why do you think we've been staying in Canada so long darlin'? I ain't interested in getting arrested for loving you."

Laughing Rogue pressed a kiss to his lips and pulled back to rest her forehead against Logan's, "I like your plan. Now, are we settled on where I'm stayin?"

Logan nodded quickly, "Yes. You're stayin' in my arms."

"Exactly," Rogue leaned forward to nip at his jaw, "Besides I sorta like the idea of ownin' the legendary Wolverine. Might give me ego issues."

Laughing at her words Logan pulled her closer to him, holding her tightly even as he stared into her laughing eyes, "I get your point. We'll stick around for a while, but we have to deal with what's behind us. I'm not going to spend the rest of our lives looking over my shoulder for Scottie boy."

"Agreed," Rogue nodded solemnly, "How about we go back for Christmas? That way it'll give us some time to get used to each other, get used to doing it less than three times a night, and they'll be too busy planning and decorating to really notice us."

Shaking his head Logan sighed, "Alright. We'll be there for Christmas..but I ain't about to buy `em gifts."

"Okay," Rogue whispered returning her attention to her nips, and her hands already beginning to peel his shirt from his jeans, "Until then can we stop talkin' and just make love?"

"Thought you'd never ask," Logan ground her against him, relishing the way they both moaned before she pulled his shirts free and slid her hands under them. He knew they'd have to work out where they wanted this to go, they couldn't spend the rest of their lives running but for now he liked the end result. He had Rogue in his arms, and she loved him and that was enough for him.

The End – maybe?
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=302