Little 15 by Joanne
Summary: Logan notices something odd about our favourite girl
Categories: AU, X1 Characters: None
Genres: Drabble, Shipper, Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read, Not Spellchecked
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1210 Read: 4219 Published: 09/25/2008 Updated: 09/25/2008

1. Little 15 by Joanne

Little 15 by Joanne
Author's Notes:
This just *had* to come out, a little DM to lighten the load...or maybe darken it? Enjoy.
Little fifteen
You help her forget
The world outside
Youre not part of it yet
And if you could drive
You could drive her away
To a happier place
To a happier day
That exists in your mind
And in your smile
She could escape there
Just for a while
Little fifteen

********************************

Logan didn't really notice Marie all that much, not until he'd been forced to stay over just after Christmas, he'd been coming back for more information from Wheels. Alakli had been a bust but he had something on paper and he needed help negotiating the tricky waters of the military.

What made him notice her was the way she seemed to hang back, her eyes always scanning the room for threat before she allowed herself to relax. Her hands curled and balled up in her sleeves, the habit too close not to know what it was or what it meant to him.
He did it when he was nervous and didn't want his claws to fire in reaction to something. His first year in human company had been spent like that, hands curled inward, heavy and clumsy. Clubs not hands, the fear of being found out to be 'less than normal' constantly on his mind.

It hadn't helped him any.

Seeing Marie with his habit made him wonder what else she'd taken from him.

**************************************

Little fifteen
Why take the smooth with the rough
When things run smooth
Its already more than enough
She knows your mind
Is not yet in league
With the rest of the world
And its little intrigues
Do you understand
Do you know what she means
As time goes by
And when you've seen what she's seen
You will
Little fifteen

************************************

His next surprise was finding her asleep outside his door, curled up like a dog. Her face and nose pressed to the small crack under the door, he didn't mean to wake her but she snapped her eyes to his as he reached down to touch her.

Just for a second her eyes had been dark black, irises filling her gaze, her mind not her own, the gaze not hers and it stopped him dead in his tracks. Hand poised over her covered form, she moved in silence away from him. He watched her as she walked away from his door, she glanced back to look once her lips whispering "Sorry Logan."

It didn't make matters any better for him that he could scent her need for him in the hallway outside his door for the next few hours. There were things happening to her that he wasn't being told about, but then when had he asked about her lately? Throwing himself into the shower Logan tried to forget her dark eyed gaze hitting his own from the floor. It stayed with him no matter how much he tried to change it to someone else, someone safe, someone who already had a man to love her.
As he dried off, he caught his own gaze in the fogged mirror, the same gaze presented itself to him. The remnants of the shattered mirror were still falling when he left his room.

*************************************

Little fifteen
Why does she have to defend
Her feelings inside
Why pretend
She's not had a life
A life of near misses
Now all that she wants
Is three little wishes
She wants to see with your eyes
She wants to smile with your smile
She wants a nice surprise
Every once in a while
She wants to see with your eyes
She wants to smile with your smile
She wants a nice surprise
Every once in a while
Little fifteen

*******************************

Words.

What the fuck did they know about it all? Filling him full of bullshit, post-traumatic stress his ass, she was filled with his memories, his thoughts, his feelings. They'd shown him a tape of her training with the rest of the kids, she was beating them into a pulp, teeth bared, body doing moves he knew by heart. She was *using* him, the one that was inside her mind and thats what these guys didn't like.

Jean had told him she was on some sort of meds to 'calm' her and to quieten the voices in her head so she could be 'herself'. Thing was there were always side affects and hers was sleep walking, she'd find herself somewhere where she shouldn't be. Hovering over someone hands outstretched as if she were looking for something or someone.

Wheels had been quiet, his eyes locked onto the playing children outside and the concern that was being pushed into the room enough for Logan to pick up. He'd left soon after, they'd made their point, it was time for him to make his own.

********************************

It hadn't taken much, a little B&E upstairs, finding the pills was easy enough, Marie took them herself, her scent plastered all over the bottle. He flushed the pills replaced them with something similar and waited in his room, door unlocked and ajar. His bags ready by the side of the door, a small duffle of hers ready too.

It was just after eleven when she walked through his door, eyes dark and her hands stretched out searching for his touch.

For his skin.

He'd made sure he was bare chested for her visit, knew what she was looking for, and why. Her gloves found him first, the purr that left her throat almost indecent as she traced his skin. Peace finding itself on her face, muscles relaxed as she touched him, feeling every curve of his body.

Slowly raising his arm toward her covered shoulder Logan shook her, the grip light enough not to scare her but enough to control her if she woke badly.
"Marie?"

The fog seemed to clear for a moment in her gaze, the lost look fading out and her mind filling her features again as she woke up. Only this time she wasn't dreaming, she really did have what she'd needed at the end of her arms.
"Logan?"

The smile that met her dark filled irises told her enough, she rested her covered hands on his skin as he moved quickly. Never breaking contact with him, holding a hand as he threw on shirts, plucking both bags up in one hand he led her out of the school.

It was a risk but a calculated one, Wheels hadn't said it but he was worried about her, what she could do to the other kids without knowing in her sleep. They wouldn't come after him, well he was *almost* sure of that, but if they did...He tightened his grip on her hand as they ran to the garage. They'd cross that bridge when it came to it, for now he was acting on instinct, just like she'd been.

Physical age hadn't been a burden to him for years and she'd grow, fill out, become what she 'could' be, not what she 'should' be. The last sound heard from either of them was the hum of the gardeners truck as it freewheeled down the drive out of the grounds to freedom. A final light switching off upstairs when they'd gone through the gates, sleep would be easy once more now the nightmare had gone.
End Notes:
Thanks for reading and please leave comments if you feel like it, I know I've been away for a bit but I had a bit of time and this bunny bit me. Thanks again!