One of those afternoons by rebecca
Summary: Sequel to One of those mornings. Marie comes face to face with Bobby and must deal with the aftermath of her and Logans actions.
Categories: X3 Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: Not Beta Read
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1248 Read: 2331 Published: 07/12/2008 Updated: 07/12/2008
Story Notes:
ok. I think this story has taken on a mind of it's own and should maybe have been a chapter story or a series. I'm not sure. I'm still getting a handle on this since it's only my second time out. My thanks to those who reviewed my first story and gave some good tips. I appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming!!!

1. Chapter 1 by rebecca

Chapter 1 by rebecca
1:23 PM. Sunday.

I stirred slightly from the entanglement of blankets, sheets, and Logan. What started out as "one of those mornings" had turned into a nearly full day of pillow talk and pure physical exertion. My body ached in an exquisite way. We would wake, see each other, have each other, and crash again. Logan had turned into a whole other being. Sweet, sensitive, well pretty much everything that no one would ever accuse him of being. As the minutes and hours ticked away we realized, even though it was Sunday and no one would really notice us being absent most of the day, that we needed to leave the confines of his room eventually. Logan could heal. I may very well die of dehydration. Or starvation. Or both if I didn't get myself out of that bed.

"Logan, we should get up and around. I'm hungry, and I don't want anyone to come looking for me and find me naked and starved in your bed."

"Why not?! I like you naked in my bed." he laughed as I rolled my eyes and began to escape from his bed.

"And the starving part? I won't be near as fun if I can't move!"

"OK. You're right. Food. Let's go have some.....lunch? I guess."

We began the task of finding my clothes, or rather, what was left of them. My jeans seemed to be ok, my underwear had a tear at the side seam, my bra no longer had a hook, and my shirt was completely torn apart. I looked at him, holding the tattered remains of my clothes.

"What am I gonna wear to even get to my room?! I'm not gonna come out of your room looking like I've been wrestling a bear!"

"I guess I got carried away. And you had a lot of stuff on. And it all had buttons and ties and....next time lose the shirt and bra before I get to it, ok?" he threw a shirt at me. "Here, wear this. Your room is just down the hall. You can get changed and we'll go grab something to eat."

"Alright. Thanks. Wait. One more problem." He looked at me with those narrowed eyes and that cocked eyebrow. "What are we gonna say to everyone about...us?"

"We can say what we want. If you want anyone to know what happened last night, that's your decision. You know I don't care what people think. You do what you want to do. I know you're worried about what Bobby is going to think, but he's a good guy. He was good to you. He deserves the truth, and he deserves to be the first to know."

"Who are you and what have you done with Logan?" I said with a laugh. My tone changed and I realized he was trying to be supportive. "I'm going to tell him. As soon as I see him. You're right, he deserves that. You ready?"

"After you..."

I opened the door of Logan's room and came face to face with Bobby.

Akward. He looked confused at first. Then he took in my mussed up hair, the excessive material of Logan's shirt falling off of me, and my poor, torn clothes in my hand. Confusion transitioned to surprise, to...I have no idea. We all just stood there. The three of us. Looking at each other like we had never met. I fought the urge to throw up. I should have stayed in bed and starved. Now it was "one of those afternoons". I realized that someone needed to say something.

"Bobby, uh, Hi!" Original, huh? It's all I had.

"Yeah, hi. Um, I was looking for you. No one had seen you all day. I figured that Logan might know where you were. Which he does, obviously." he said that part with that laugh he gets when he's nervous. "So...um, I guess I should...go."

Panicking, I looked back to Logan, who actually had his head down, like he was embarrassed. Great, he always has something to say about everything, and never minds telling you what he has to say, until now. Now, he's mute.

"Bobby, I was actually coming to look for you. Well, after I changed." We both laughed nervously, acknowledging my apperance. "Logan and I...we...this was all me. It just happened. I hope you know that I wasn't planning on this happening. I know we literally just broke up. I don't want you to think that Logan had anything to do with it. I know this looks soo bad. I will always care about you and our relationship. Well, our friendship, which would still qualify as a relationship, huh? Um..." The look on his face told me I was rambling and just making no sense. Logan looked just as confused. I stopped my ridiculous yammering and waited for him to talk.

"This is fast. Really fast. I mean I know that you two always had this whole, weird, relationship that no one ever really got, but I never thought that it would go from 0 to 60 in like, 2 seconds. I thought you would want to have some time for yourself before you jumped into anything else."

He looked a little hurt. He should. He was right. We broke up and I spent what, one full day being all lonely and single, and then jump into bed with someone that had been strictly a friend since the day I met him. I racked my brain trying to think of something, anything, to say that would make this better. It was Logan who finally spoke up.

"You two need to talk. I'm going to give you some privacy." As he walked out of the room, all Bobby and I could do was stare at him. Figures. Then my eyes locked with Bobby and the unthinkable happened.

We laughed. We actually started laughing!

"Well, that's Logan for ya," I said, throwing up my hand in the air. "He'll fight anyone that crosses his path, but when it comes time to talk, he runs the first chance he gets."

"Yeah, that's Logan." Bobby agreed, still laughing. He stopped laughing. "But he's right, we should talk. We are adults, right? So let's...talk."

And talk we did. We talked about everything. What he was feeling, what I was feeling. We talked for about an hour, standing in the doorway, ignoring the quizzical looks from passers by. In the end, it came down to one thing. We never wanted to see each other unhappy. And, at least for now, Logan was what made me happy. It was almost three o'clock and my stomach was growling louder than Logan in a bad mood.

"Well, I think we should...go. You're gonna starve standing here," he laughed.

"Yeah. You want to get some.....lunch? I need to go get changed, first, though."

"Sure. I'll go tell Logan it's safe while you change. I'll see you downstairs."

As he turned to go, I reached for him and pulled him into my arms. As we hugged each other all I could think about was how lucky I was to have two great guys in my life. And how I hoped I always would. The whole thing could have gone so much worse. Then again, I still had to face the rest of the house. This time, Logan wasn't going to escape so easily. I made a mental note to punish him properly when we were alone together again.
End Notes:
Forgot the disclaimer first time out. In case it's not obvious, I own nothing and all credit to Marvel, Fox, Stan Lee. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have these people to exorcise the story demons in our heads.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2977