MINE by Shadowlady
Summary: After Alkali Lake, Logan makes things clear to Rogue
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Dark, Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2621 Read: 4387 Published: 01/05/2007 Updated: 01/05/2007

1. MINE by Shadowlady

MINE by Shadowlady
Sitting on the roof, Logan sucked back a long swallow of the bitter tasting beer and scowled at the setting sun. Another hour, two at the most and he could go inside. Until then he would just here and brood, letting his mind wander to where it had been inclined to go for the past few days.

He knew what Jean had meant when she'd said a good guy stuck around, knew that there was more to it than just her refusal to admit to being attracted to him. It had to do with how she perceived him as well, but deep down he knew that he was grateful for the image she had of him in her head.

Logan didn’t believe for a minute that he could stay with Jean - she was too much of a control freak, too much of a prim and proper lady for him to really ever get beyond the lusting stage. No, Logan chased her because it was safer than facing what he really desired.

Shifting he glanced at the field below him and sighed, the students were once again playing in the late day sun, putting the attack behind them as easily as children could and he envied them. He envied their abilities to push aside the darkness and embrace the light.

Despite that though he knew that there was one who couldn’t do that, she lived in the darkness, embraced it the way he did. She did it because the darkness was a part of her, a part that had been born when her mutation manifested itself. She was innocence and death in one package and he couldn’t help but desire it.

When she’d been sucked out of the plane he’d felt his heart freeze in his chest and knew beyond a reasonable doubt that she was his. Come dark he was going to claim what was his, take what he wanted and to hell with these fuckers. They didn’t understand that what belonged to the Wolverine - stayed with him. He wasn’t sure if even she knew it; knew that when he’d given her that ride on a snowy road in Canada he’d claimed her life, and when she’d touched him after he’d stabbed him she’d claimed his.

Tossing his empty beer bottle away he reached for his cigar and lit it before shifting, his body tensed and primed for a fight. He would face anyone for what he wanted, what belonged to him and that meant Bobby, Scooter, even Chuck would be at risk if they got in his way.

No it was better to wait until after dark then go to her, the boys would be more likely to be busy elsewhere and he was glad about it. Meant fewer interruptions, fewer confrontations and an easier time of his escape with what was his because he didn’t want to risk her getting hurt.


The faint sound of Marie’s soft voice singing echoed through the sound of the shower and Logan eased into her room quietly, noting that her room mates where in attendance. With a growl and a dark look at them he emptied the room. Closing and locking the door he paced the confines, his senses overwhelmed with her scent until his patience deserted him and he whirled, stalking into the bathroom just as the shower turned off.


Marie gasped, stifling a shriek when she realized she wasn’t alone in her bathroom anymore. Staring into the hazel gaze of Wolverine she shivered and reached for a towel only to have him block her move, pulling her closer to him and turning so they were facing the mirror.

“What’s wrong Logan?” Marie whispered softly, her breath coming in gasps.

“What do you see?” Logan’s low growl had her shivering as she stared in the mirror and tried unsuccessfully to cover her nakedness.

“Uh..” Marie paused. “I need some clothes..”

“Fuck your skin,” Logan snarled. “What do you see?”

“Us,” Marie whispered shakily. “Standing together. Why what am I supposed to see?”

“What else?” Logan demanded.

Sucking in a breath Marie stared at Logan’s eyes for a few seconds, realization dawning. He’d been acting weird for a few days now, ever since she’d been sucked out of the jet and it scared her. Now staring into his eyes, Marie shuddered. She wasn’t dealing with Logan she was dealing with Wolverine a dangerous, unpredictable creature that cared little for the restraints of the world.

The mere fact that he was in her bathroom, holding her steady while he waited for her response was enough to wake her self preservation instincts and she shifted, inching toward the door only to be jerked roughly back against his chest, his hand tangled in her wet hair and held steady.

“What else do you see Marie?” Wolverine’s tone made her swallow painfully.

“A m.m.man,” Marie whispered wobbly, her hands reaching up to cover her cold breasts. “And a girl..”

“Wrong,” Logan shot back.

“What do you see?” Marie asked softly, her gaze darting to his then away.

“Uh uh, it’s not on me now kid,” came the brusque reply and a tightening of the hand in her hair.

“I don’t know. Don’t understand Logan,” Marie whispered painfully.

“You aren’t a little girl anymore Marie,” the soft, lust filled words made her squirm in his grasp and she tugged at his hand.

“I..I’m with...”


“Fuck him,” the growl had her tensing as she stared into his gaze in the mirror. “You belong to me. Get it?”

Marie nodded quickly, her heart pounding, her breath coming in painful gasps as she struggled with the urge to cry. “Y..yes.”

“Good,” with a brief tightening of his hand, he released her and stepped back before leading her out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

Noting her roommates were gone, Marie felt her faint hope that she could get help fade into oblivion. Standing in the middle of the room as Logan moved around her she shivered at the chill, noting the easy way he grabbed clothes for her, being careful to grab the necessary items such as gloves and a scarf before moving to dress her.

Seeing the slight tremble in her hands, Logan felt a moment’s sorrow before it was harshly pushed aside. There would be time later to calm her fears, time later for a lot of things. Right now he merely had to get her out of there. Get her to where he was the center of her world. Pushing her onto the bed he quickly laced her boots and tied them tightly before rising to his feet.

Grabbing a small bag he tossed it to her, “Grab what you can fit into there and get a move on.”

Catching the bag, Marie made short work of collecting her toiletry items, a few pairs of gloves and a couple of her favorite scarves before doing the bag up and standing quietly while he put her cloak on her and started out of the room.

Pushing the fear aside, Marie followed quickly, her gaze noting that the hallway was deserted and she wondered how they were going to get out of the school without being spotted. Giving a tiny gasp of shock as Logan opened his bedroom door and pulled her into it quickly.

“Uh..”

“Quiet.” the low command was barked at her and she fell silent, even as he closed his bedroom door and she was immediately swamped with darkness. The soft thud of his boots as he moved across the room reached her, doing little to ease her disquiet. The breeze from an open window had her tensing, what was he doing?

“Come on kid,” the low growl had her moving toward his voice and pausing as she realized she was standing next to an open window.

“What are you doing?” Marie whispered softly.

“We’re leaving.”

“Uh Logan..”


“Just hang on,” with a soft growl, he grabbed her and shifted, lifting her up against him before stepping out the window into the darkness. Ignoring her gasp of shock, ignoring the painful tightening of her arms around his neck, he moved quickly until he was a foot from the ground before he dropped down to all fours and waited, testing the air.

Confident that nothing moved, that they hadn’t been discovered Logan pulled Marie behind him as he headed for the dark of the shrubbery. Sitting hid away out of sight was an older van, one they could get away in easily and he had plans to be across the border before sun up.



Pulling into the parking lot of a roadside motel, Logan turned the engine off and slid a glance at Marie who sat curled up asleep in her seat. Reaching past her, he locked the doors before getting out and heading into the office. Ten minutes later, a room key in one hand and a dark scowl on his face, Logan walked back to the van and unlocked the door.

Catching her before she fell, he lifted her against his chest and slammed the door before heading up the stairs to his room. Depositing her on the bed, he was slightly amazed that she’d managed to sleep throughout the trip but he took it as a positive sign.

“Kid. Kid wake up,” he grunted nudging her quickly and ignoring her moan of displeasure at being woken up. When she blinked sleepily and stared at him he shook his head, “You want the shower?”

“No,” her sleepy whisper did little to ease his instincts that told him to keep moving. “Just wanna sleep.”

With a patient nod, Logan moved to the window and left her sleep. There would be time enough for the claiming later, when he was sure they weren’t being followed. Long after the sun had risen and the day had started to heat up Logan sat watching their trail, watching, waiting for what he knew was coming.

By mid afternoon Logan had them back on the road again, one eye on the highway behind them, the other on the road in front of them. To her credit Marie hadn’t commented other to ask to stop for something to eat and he welcomed that.


Pulling up in front of a motel as darkness fell, Logan quickly checked in and got Marie situated before heading into town to the nearest fight bar. It was after one before he got back to the motel but it didn’t matter, she was sleeping soundly and he smiled. The van was parked in the shadows, under the trees so anyone looking for it would have to search the area.

“Logan?” Marie’s soft, sleepy whisper had him grinning wolfishly.

“It’s just me kid, get some sleep. We’ve got a long way to go yet.”


With a patient nod, Marie slid deeper into the blankets and fell asleep quickly; there was no point in worrying or wondering what was going on. Logan wouldn’t tell until he was ready - she’d figured that out early on when he’d merely grunted and glared at her for asking such a foolish question.


The days slowly blended together, each one ending with them staying in a roadside hotel and every few days Logan would switch vehicles. It didn’t take Marie long to figure out he was leaving dead ends for anyone following them and she wondered why.

After nearly a month on the road, Marie woke slowly to a dark room that was lit by the flickering flames of a fire and the soft sound of Logan’s continual pacing. Sitting up she let the blankets fall to her waist as she stared at him.

“Logan?”

“Go to sleep kid,” the soft growl did little to ease her mind. “You’re safe now.”

“Where are we?” she asked softly, almost hesitantly.

“Nowhere special,” he replied firmly. “Go back to sleep.”

With a tired sigh, Marie lay back down and closed her eyes. Logan was acting way too weirdly for her comfort but she wasn’t scared. She’d learned that being scared of him only made him withdraw - something she didn’t want.



“Please Logan, I need to know,” Marie pleaded uneasily, the situation becoming more and more confusing as she’d become aware of their living arrangements. They’d been living in the ruins of a military lab for God only knew how long now and it was starting to freak her out.

It didn’t help that the monotony of their daily activities had her ready to pull her hair out. Every morning she got up, had breakfast then trained, trained some more, had lunch and had the afternoon to herself to read - files of experiments while Logan went out. Hours later he’d show back up with take out food and reeking of cheep booze and sweat a sure sign that he was fighting again.

“Just eat kid,” the familiar growl did little to ease her mind; instead it inflamed the rapidly developing Wolverine in her mind.

“NO!” Rising she stormed across the room, pacing like a caged animal. “I won’t. I’m tired of living in a hole, tired of not knowing. Either you tell me or I’m leaving.”


The furious snarl that echoed in her mind drew a shudder of fear as he rose and stalked toward her, “Where you gonna go? Huh kid? Back to Xavier’s? Back to your little Iceboy? Go for it, I dare you Marie. Just don’t expect to get too far. Cause I’ll follow, you’re mine. You’re gonna stay that way!”

“Then tell me what’s going on!”

“You think they care? Think they’re gonna risk their lives for you? Nope, not unless you got something they want. Metalhead, Xavier, Cyke - not one of ‘em gives a damn about anything but their ‘cause’. The only one who can protect you is me.”

“Protect me from what?” Marie gasped her back against the wall.

“Everything,” Logan growled pushing against her, the thud of her heart pounding echoing in his ears. He could smell the anger rolling off her, smell the faint, but distinct scent of her arousal and knew her ‘crush’ had developed into something a lot stronger.

“Logan,” the breathy whisper had both of them groaning. Rogue knew he could pick up on why she was trembling, and it had nothing to do with the anger that had soaked her body mere moments before. Feeling the lightweight scarf come up over her face, she swallowed painfully as her mind cleared.

“You belong to me Marie. I can keep you safe, keep you alive. Just trust me,” Logan ground out softly, his eyes pleading for understanding.

Logan had been pretty well behaved since they’d left the mansion, the petting and fondling aside - but it was with no less clarity and she knew this time he wouldn’t stop. Tonight she’d belong to him in every way, body, soul, and mind. Pulling back slightly she stared at him, seeing the answer to her unspoken questions in his eyes before he swept her along on a tidal wave of possession.

Indeed she belonged to Logan, but what no one - herself included- had ever realized was that she owned him to. For Logan, keeping her safe, keeping her alive was all he could offer her, could give her because everything he had, everything he was belonged to her anyway!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=295