Almost Persuaded by Shadowlady
Summary: Logan meets temptation
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 959 Read: 1937 Published: 01/05/2007 Updated: 01/05/2007

1. Almost Persuaded by Shadowlady

Almost Persuaded by Shadowlady
Slouched at the bar with a beer Logan watched the news on the battered old tv above the bartender’s head with only half a mind. Catching a whiff of a light, spicy perfume he glanced to his right where a slim, curvy young woman stood with a come-get-me smile.

“Buy a girl a drink?” she asked softly, her voice smoky.

“Sure,” Logan said catching the eye of the bartender. A few seconds later the girl held a drink in one hand, the other rested on Logan’s forearm.

“I haven’t seen you before,” the girl whispered softly, leaning close so her breath feathered over his skin. “You new in town?”

Logan shook his head, “Just passin’ through.”

“Too bad,” the girl leaned forward, her top shifting to reveal more than just a hint of her cleavage. From the position she sat in, Logan could clearly see her lacy bra, a bra that hugged two pale breasts.

Leaning against him she shifted, moving slowly, sultrily with the beat of the jukebox her hips bumping his in an age old rhythm that had him hiding his grin. Her blantant attempts to attract him stirred an old, somewhat unwelcomed habit and he shifted, moving into her slightly.

“Wanna dance?” he asked softly, purring the invitation into her ear.

She giggled charmingly and rested one hand high on his thigh, a finger carelessly brushing against his crotch, “Love to.”

Rising Logan pulled her into his embrace and moved with the sultry beat rolling off the jukebox. With her pressed against him from shoulder to hips he led her around the dance floor, allowing the few beers he’d had cloud his mind.

Leaning in against her he felt her nuzzle into his neck, her breath hot against his skin even as he shifted, his hands resting on her shoulders as he moved to the music. Her hands trailed lazily over his back, resting on his butt as they moved together, pushing him closer to her body, to the gentle sway of her hips.

The feel of a familiar heat building had him swallowing his growl as she arched closer to him, rubbing a thigh against his crotch in a blatant attempt to draw a response from him.

“I need you,” she whispered softly in his ear, her lips scorching a path along his neck as she licked at the exposed skin. “Come with me, I have a room..”

The fading of the last note had Logan taking her hand and freezing at the flicker of light. Staring at his hand he smiled softly, lovingly as he wiggled his finger and the plain gold band on his finger winked back at him.

With a shake of his head, he left the woman on the dance floor and headed for where his jacket sat bundled around his chair. Picking it up he turned and met the woman who looked at him curiously, “Sorry babe,” he drawled with a shrug, “Got somewhere to be tonight.”

“Oh?” the woman’s sultry tone had faded, “Where is that?”

With a quick grin and a shrug Logan pulled his coat on, “At home – making love to my wife,” he replied and headed for the door leaving the woman standing stunned in the middle of the smoky bar.



Pushing the bike beneath him hard, he raced back toward the mansion. Uncaring of who was up at the late hour he took the steps two at a time until he came to the last door on the right at the end of the hallway.

Slipping inside he closed the door and leaned back against it to smile at the sleeping figure on his bed, her long dark hair cascading over his pillow, one of his shirts her only attire.

Moving over to the bed he shed his clothes and slipped across the bedspread to lean over her, “Hey darlin’, you awake?”

“Mmmhmm,” the sleepy murmur had him chuckling, “When did you get in?”

“Just now,” he whispered kissing her shoulder softly and reaching out to tug gently on the pale streaks around her face, “Just wanted to say I love you.”

Moving back as she rolled over he smiled at her, his gaze never leaving hers as she studied him. “What happened?”

“I was almost persuaded to go back to what I knew years ago,” Logan admitted.

“So what stopped you?” she whispered softly, sadly her eyes filled with pain.

“You did,” he admitted, “your sweet love made me stop and come home. I don’t need anything else.”

Smiling softly she opened her arms to him and pulled him down into the blankets, “Glad you figured that out.”

Laughing softly Logan nodded, “Me to,” he agreed before bending his head to make love to her – glad she was still his.

The end



Almost Persuaded
by Conway Twitty
album: Look Into My Teardrops (1966)
(Billy Sherrill - Glenn Sutton)

Last night all alone in a barroom
Met the girl with a drink in her hand
She had ruby red lips and coal black hair
And eyes that would tempt any man.

Then she came and sat down at my table
And as she placed her soft hands in mine
I found myself wanting to kiss her
For temptation was flowing like wine.

And I was almost persuaded
To strip myself of my pride
Almost persuaded
To put my conscience aside.

Then we danced and she whispered I need you
Take me away from here and be my man
Then I looked in her eyes and I saw it
The reflection of my wedding band.

And I was almost persuaded
To let soft lips lead me on
Almost persuaded
But your sweet love made me stop and go home...
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=290