Body Movin' by Nancy Lorenz
Summary: The kids let loose the day school ends for the summer vacation and decide to dance in the recreation room.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: This Song
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3641 Read: 2227 Published: 05/03/2008 Updated: 05/03/2008
Story Notes:
This isn't Beta Read yet.

1. Body Movin' by Nancy Lorenz

Body Movin' by Nancy Lorenz
BODY MOVIN'
(The Beastie Boys)
.

Body movin, body movin,
A1 sound, sound so soothing
Body movin, body movin,
We be getting down and you know we're crush groovin

Let me get some action from the back section
We need body rocking not perfection
Let your back bone flip but don't slip a disc
Let your spine unwind just take a risk
I wanna do the freak until the break of dawn
Tell me party people is that so wrong
The ship is docking, inter-lockin
And up-rockin electro-shocking
We're getting down computer action
Do the robotic satisfaction
All of y'all get off the wall
Have a ball and get involved with

Body movin, body movin with the A-1 sound sound so soothing

Flame on, I'm gone
I'm so sweet like a nice bon bon
Came out rapping when I was born
Mom said rock it 'til the break of dawn
Puttin bodies in motion cause I got the notion
Like Roy Cormier with the coconut lotion
The sound of the music drivin you insane
You can't explain to people this type of mind frame
Like a bottle of Chateau Neuf Du Pap
I'm fine like wine when I start to rap
We need body rockin not perfection
Let me get some action from the back section

Body movin, body movin,
A1 sound, sound so soothing
Body movin, body movin,
We be getting down and you know we're crush groovin

Mike D with the master plan
Ooh my my and thank you ma'am
And when I grab the mic you scream Ooh god damn
The creme de la creme is who I am
MCA where have you been
Packed like sardines in the tin
So kick off your shoes and put on your swim fins
Cause when it comes to quarries I'm known to swim
Adrock light up the place
And if you pull my card you pull the ace
And if you ask me turn up the bass
And if you play defender I could be your hyper space




The girls were in a mood, and he was stuck with them. His heart tremored nervously as he lit a cigarette (they complained bitterly when he lit his blessed cuban), silently wishing he wasn't stuck in a room with half a dozen giggly horny young girls. One the lighter side, he was given a perfect excuse, on a silver platter, to watch Rogue silently. Unfortunately there were also a slew of young men in here with him, so they all knew what he was doing when he flicked the butt of his rolled cigarette with his tongue and eyed Rogue smiling brilliantly. Gah, what a beautiful smile.

It was all Scott Summers' fault. Him and Jean - it was a conspiracy. Of course Professor Xavier was always far too busy to be doing something as menial as babysitting. Dr. Jean Grey, brilliant, gorgeous, had been invited to give a lecture at the International Forum of Human Evolution. Of course she took it. Of course she was going to be staying in a five star hotel. And oh, of course, Scott Summers jumped at the chance to go with her.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, Scott and Jean not being there to keep an eye on the youngin's. The problem was that it was the summer vacation weekend, and it was the Friday night before the majority of the kids set off.

They bombarded the common room, grabbing food and drinks from the bar fridge, putting out blaring music. Not that Logan minded blaring music, just blaring electronic music annoyed him. A good distorted guitar, and he was home.

He scowled in the corner, Storm smiling and watching or reading her thick book in her hands. The occasional student ambled up to talk to her, and they even ventured talking to him. He gave an uneasy smile and tried to talk - he always had problems talking to kids. He mostly grunted 5 word sentences and sucked on one of a chain of cigarettes he smoked. Storm frowned at him and waved the smoke away, but didn't tell him to stop. She was just glad he'd put the damned cigars away.

Timing was everything, however, and it came into play when Storm stopped, sat up, and sighed.

"The Professor needs me."

Logan glanced up, "What - now?"

She nodded, "A small emergency needs to be tended to..."

"Kay," Logan nodded, pulling himself up, "Let's get-"

"No," Storm shook her head, "You stay here and watch the students."

Before he could even protest, she'd rushed off in a rush of black leather. Shit. The kids looked a little blanched at the prospect of Wolverine looking after them, but they quickly got over it as he just scowled at them and got back to smoking and looking like a bad-ass. The girls were giggling incessantly. Except Rogue. She just smiled coyly, scribbling in a notebook she'd been writing in, chatting. There was a maturity in her eyes that seemed to elevate her above the other girls. She was watching Kitty jump up and down and chat to Jubilee. Kitty and Jubilee were a dangerous combination. Kitty was vibrant and hungry for experiences, and Jubilee was a whole bunch of accidents waiting to happen. Not that she was a bad kid, she was a lovely thing at heart, but she had an adventurous streak that led to trouble.

The very same ruby-lipped, brown eyed young nymph jumped up, brandishing a CD whilst leaping over to the player. Thrashy guitar had been bursting from it, until Jubilee seized the stereo.

Bobby Drake glared at the eurasian girl who grinned confidently.

"Don't you dare, Jubilation..."

She snickered, "You think that's gonna stop me Popsicle-Boy?"

He growled, "You put on Britney Spears and I kill you."

"Gah!" she shuddered, pulling out the CD already in there, tossing it to Bobby with much distaste, "Oh please! And get rid of that stuff you call music. I'd rather listen to a car crash on repeat!"

"What are you putting in?" he asked.

"A few tracks I pulled off the internet and burned onto this CD," she said, grinning naughtily, "I love the multimedia facilities in this joint - T1 connections are so handy!"

"Was that even english?" muttered one boy sadly as he crouched over the pool table near the fussball.

"I dunno," Bobby said, placing his CD away carefully, skulking over to the couch.

Rogue sighed at Jubilee, shaking her head. Kitty bounced forward, grabbing the cover to the CD Jubilee had inserted.

"What's on it?" she cooed.

"Oh, a few dance songs I've liked over the years," she said, "Old, new, fun stuff!"

A thumping beat broke from the sound system, and Logan inwardly growled. This was going to be a long long day.

"Oh I love this song!" Kitty grinned, jumping up and down, "We gotta dance!!"

Logan stopped himself before he leapt up and cried, "No! No Dancing!" He bit down on the cigarette in his mouth, brow descending in a dark scowl.

"Just keep it down a bit, huh?" he grunted, adjusting himself in the chair, "For my sanity if not anything else."

"Sure, Logan," Kitty said, pulling up a few girls, bobbing to the rousing rhythm.

Logan sighed, watching the few girls dance lightly, tentatively, still not sure of what they were doing. They hooted though, spirited and happy, their arms whirling as the music grew with them. Something in him softened at the sight of the young girls so free and easy. They were lucky. They were living a life approaching normal, something many young mutant girls didn't have. He moved his gaze to Rogue. She smiled softly at the group of girls dancing, tapping a foot and twirling a pen in her fingers. He saw her gaze shift, across the room, and he looked to where it was directed at.

Bobby smiled like a slobbery dog on heat and he felt his back stiffen with rage.

Shit, calm down Logan, he thought, She's just smilin' at the guy and besides - he is closer to her age than you.

Big fucking deal, another thought fell through him disruptively, The little troll even smile the wrong way I'll rip off his balls and shove 'em so far down his eye sockets he'll be seein' sperm for the rest of his life!!

Rogue glanced away, a faint smile on her features, her hands weaving together. The chocolate brown eyes were soft. For a brief moment, Logan let his mind swim at the sight of them. Damn, he was supposed to be WATCHING the kids, not BEING one of them!!

"Rogue!" called Jubilee, "Get up! This next song rocks!"

Rogue blushed now, shaking her head, "Naah, it's okay."

"Nope, you're dancin'!" the eurasian shouted, grabbing Rogue's gloved hands and dragging her to the middle of the room now swarming a little with young dancing bodies.

Jubilee forcibly swung Rogue's arms back and forth, singing to the music at the top of her lungs.

"We're on our vacation now, Rogue!" she said, "Time to party!!"

Rogue rolled her eyes, "You're totally nuts, Jube."

"YAaaaay!" hollered the other girl, waving Rogue's arms about madly.

The mood seemed to be infectious, and Rogue smiled, her body loosening. And that's when it started.... the next song.

Ready? One... you will do this four times with the left, four with the right... then eight times with both - then repeat.

Body Movin', Body Movin'...


It was a hip-hop dancy beat, and it ignited something within Rogue. She grinned, and began dancing on her own volition with her friend. The tight shirt she wore was a light lavendar colour, so her shape wasn't masked by black material. Her body rose and fell like a wave with a bopping motion, her hips rolling in a seductive arc that sent the hairs on the back of Logan's neck on end. Holy Shit...

"Woo!" Kitty giggled, "Go ROOOOGUE!"

A few of the boys began to clap, one or two creeping up to the makeshift dancefloor to take part in the sudden disco. Logan was already getting rather aggitated, muscles in his body growing tense one by one. The young thing he regarded as girl was moving her lush chiselled lips to the music... she must have known this song. Perhaps she danced to it before she knew of her so-called 'gift', as a simple innocent girl dancing to a bad noisy teen pop track. Damn, her lips... they were so rosy.

He shook his head, smacking his head and lighting a cigar. This was crazy. He avoided looking at her, opting instead for the worn brown toe of his boots. As he glared at his boots, the movement of a tentative pair of feet just in his feild of view, and the sudden scent of sweaty palm - a particular sweaty palm - lifted in the air. He rose his glare levelly.

Bobby was standing, sauntering over with a small smile, his eyes fixed on one prize. Rogue.

Wolverine clenched down on his teeth, his adamantium bones positively creaking at the tightness that twisted his muscles. He sat up a little in his chair, eyeing the young fellow very darkly.

The blonde wound towards the lilting southern belle with the white bolts, her smile a flash in the writhing bodies. A sudden thought fell into his mind. Were the kids allowed to be doing this? Well as long as they didn't crack into the beer, there wouldn't be any harm in it would there? Naah.

Bobby smiled, slipping next to Rogue, leaning down to whisper something in her ear. She turned, hearing the words, a smooth smile sliding on her face.

Alloy claws twitched underneath weather-worn hands, the red between the knuckles showing the bulge of them underneath. Self control, Logan. For Christ's sake, get a hold of yourself! He took a long drag on the cigar, spotting Jubilee curl her body in an almost obscene way.

"Hey hey!" he growled, "Let's keep it decent, or I'll kick your asses one by one and let the Professor deal with ya afterwards! You're in a school, remember that."

A few of the young teens gave a long sigh, but even the barking command couldn't dampen their lively spirits. Their dancing was sobered a little, but the energy, the release and freedom, was just as potent in the almost tribal display. Rogue still slithered and rolled her arms gracefully, her little tush still rolling delectibly. Logan, Logan, he sighed, For the love of God, get your mind above your fricken' belt!

Bobby was movin in real close. Was he being obscene? Could Wolverine throw him on his ass for being naughty? Well he wasn't grinding hips or anything... oh Rogue's hips...

He rolled his lips, watching her every movement, his body tense, ready to spring to action. Bobby was dancin' like a freak. Logan let a long thought run through him. He'd show that little shit, if he could, how to really dance with a lady. Not jumping up and down and presenting yourself like a small stupid monkey at the zoo.

You stepped in, not looking at anyone. Only looking at her. Sliding your arm around the small of her back, you meet her eyes. Deep stare, fall into her, claim her with just a look.

Bobby just wiggled his hips a bit and attempted to pout in a sexy way. It was kinda laughable, if it weren't for the fact that the little turd was getting too close to his girl.

HIS GIRL?! Oh God Logan, get a grip. She's barely 18! (but that was legal in some parts of the world...) Oh crap. He was gonna do something bad to Storm when she came back, and Scott. Just to get back at them for this farce of a performance.

"Go Kit-ty, Go Kit-ty," droned the kids, arms waving around, "Yo funky, yo funky! Go Jubie, go Jubie, yo funky, yo funky!"

Logan rolled his eyes. Kids today. Sheesh.

"Go Rooogue! Go Rooogue! WOOOHOOOO!"

The sudden excited shrill air of the kids made him look up. Dear God...

Rogue slinked demurely, sliding her shirt up a bit, Bobby bopping away behind her. Taught creamy belly was exposed, but she slipped the edge of her shirt down again, sticking her tongue out. He felt himself jumping to his feet, striding to the middle of the room. Rogue was twirling, and she skittered to a halt, mid spin. The naughty smile on her features fell off as she faced the tall bulk of Logan. He cocked a brow.

"Wus Ah being too obscene?"

She almost stuttered, a blush rising in her cheeks.

"Come on, Kid," he said simply, striding over to the stereo and digging through the CD shelf, "I'll show you how to dance."

Rogue glanced around her, a blush rising in her cheeks, Kitty smiling widely at Rogue with a wink. Soft whispers and coo's of shock fell through the group, and Logan turned to look at them with a dour cock of his brow.

Silence fell again, the kids retreating to the edges of the clearing. He placed in a soft song, a few giggles falling through the room. He stood straight, motioning Rogue over with a twiddling of his first two fingers.

"Here."

She complied, stepping over, her lips pressing together with uncertainty. She stood in front of him, arms at her side.

"Back straight," he said, "You're supposed to look regal and proud, not embarrassed."

She blushed and looked away, "Ah am embarrassed."

Logan ground his teeth, a shot of a breath falling through his body, "Well we'll get dancing with the old fogie over with nice and fast hmm?"

She nodded, "Are we gonna do ballroom dancin'?"

Logan twitched a nostril, "No."

The music that played was slow, a piano prancing along the melody, a sultry voice singing smoothly.

The look of Love ... is in your eyes... A look, your smile can't disguise... the look of lo-huve... that is saying so much more than words could ever say...

The young girl looked spellbound, her eyes wide and luminent with awe as Logan took her hand, so gently, placing a large supple hand at the lilt of her waist. He pulled her in till her chest just brushed his, his steps guiding her till she was light and her heart was feathery and warm. Yeah, he had her now. He pushed her away suddenly, his hand still clasping hers, and she instinctively knew he was twirling her around, and stepping back till her arm was stretched out, and on a fancy she rolled herself in the arms towards him till he had her in front of him. He gave a few slow swinging steps, unwinding her then pulling her in again. All the time he met her eyes, held them feircely, so that she dared not look away. He let his gaze burn into her, consuming her with just a look. Her sweet pink lips quivered so sweetly, his arm around her waist now, his hand resting against her neck where the scarf lay, his face so close. He could smell her so strongly, so that every breath in was as if he was taking her inside of him. Silly thing was she'd been inside of him longer than he realised. He led her about, her body pliant, moving to his nudgings, and he knew ... she knew what he wanted her to do next.

She blinked, looking down, long dark lashes fluttering lightly against her porcelain cheek, lips curving up in a smile as Logan spun her around again before dipping her. His movements had been strong, firm, yet so gentle and caressing. Right now he let her hang in his arms, gazing up at him with complete reverence. Oh damn... what had he done? Did he care? His soul was revelling in the adoration she lavished upon him with a simple gaze. Holding her quivering frame to his body, he felt... so young.

I can can hardly wait to hold you ... Feel my arms around you... How long I have waited... Waited just to love you... Now that I have found you... Don't ever go... Don't ever go... I love you so.

He pulled her up to her feet, eyes still locked with hers. He caressed her neck gently through the scarf there as if she were a lithe beautiful feline stretching for a scratch, the features on her face softening with as much delirium. He sighed, shrugging, flapping his hands on his jean-clad thighs, turning to the guys.

"And that, kids, is how to dance with a lady."

He stepped back, gazing at Rogue a moment longer. He heard a chorus of girlish lovelorn sighs, and turning his head he saw the tilted swooning faces of the girls that had just moments ago been feral and jumping. There was a shape in the wide doorway, and he froze.

Storm, with folded arms and sleek white indian-style t-shirt, cocked a dark brow at him.

"Jus' um," he thumbed at the quietly devastated Rogue behind him, "Givin' 'em some dancin' lessons. Can I go now?"

She sighed, tilting her head as she shook it, "Perhaps that would be best."

A collective sigh of disappointment fell through the girls, and Logan smirked. He glanced to the growing blonde boy on the couch. He wasn't as pissed off as he thought he'd be. If he knew any better, he swore the guy was taking mental notes.

Nice try, Bobby, thought Logan, I've got plenty more tricks up my sleeve.

He collected his smokes and his cigar from the table off from the area the kids were using to dance, and winked at the congregation, Rogue in particular.

"Seeya," he muttered, striding confidently from the room.

The last thing he heard was the hushed voices of girls, impressed, and the long patient sigh of the Weather Goddess, Storm. He'd been bad. Very very bad. If he'd been a man, he'd have ignored the show Bobby was putting on. But something in him knew it was more than reclaiming position number one in the heart of a woman he treasured more than he should, whether sexually or no.

Those kids, poor kids, thought that rubbing obscenely and baring all was the way to attract and... it saddened him. Some old part of him he had buried within him, that was released with the gaze of Rogue.

Perhaps he was too protective of her. Lord knows she wasn't a kid anymore. Oh... Lord knows, she wasn't a kid anymore.

And it drove him wild.



The Look Of Love.
(Burt Bacharach / Hal David)


The look of love
Is in your eyes
The look your heart can't disguise
The look of love
Is saying so much more
Than just words could ever say
And what my heart has heard
Well it takes my breath away

I can hardly wait to hold you
Feel my arms around you
How long I have waited
Waited just to love you
Now that I have found you

You've got the look of love
It's on your face
A look that time can't erase
Be mine tonight
Let this be just the start
Of so many nights like this
Let's take a lover's vow
And then seal it with a kiss

I can hardly wait to hold you
Feel my arms around you
How long I have waited
Waited just to love you
Now that I have found you
Don't ever go

I can hardly wait to hold you
Feel my arms around you
How long I have waited
Waited just to love you
Now that I have found you
Don't ever go
Don't ever go
I love you so


This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2898