The Christmas Wish by Ms Tefi
Summary: Its 2 days until Christmas and the only thing on Rogue's christmas list is for Logan to return.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Holiday
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 862 Read: 1703 Published: 04/28/2008 Updated: 04/28/2008
Story Notes:
Thanks to all the writers on the list, who inspire me everyday with their skills.

1. The Christmas Wish by Ms Tefi

The Christmas Wish by Ms Tefi
A bitterly cold wind was tapping its frosty fingers across Rogue's bedroom window. She couldn't begin to count all the hours she had spent staring out the frozen glass, watching for his return. Rogue knew the others thought she was a bit balmy for waiting the way she did, but none of that mattered to her. Christmas was only two days away and no one had heard from Logan in months. She just knew that something was wrong, because in the four years since she had been here, he always came back for Christmas. It had become their tradition to privately exchange presents, after the others had gone to bed. He always brought back some momento of where he had been or just something he thought "was her". Her presents had always been something she made, until this year. The professor had put her on salary as a instructor six months ago, so she had finally been able to buy him something. A black, leather jacket. It had just screamed his name, when she saw it in the department store window. It was now resting under her bed in a giant, gold wrapped box. She had been so excited about it, that she found herself wrapping and re-wrapping the box, until it was just right. Now the only thing missing was him.

Rogues eyes began to get heavy and a yawn reluctantly escaped her mouth. It was time to go to bed. She could return to her vigil tomorrow. Tracing his name in the steam her breath left on the window, she crawled into bed. As she was drifting off to sleep a old childrens poem popped into her head.

"Starlight, Starbright
First star I see tonight.
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
have the wish,I wish tonight"
Peaking through her heavy lids, she focused on a particulary bright star and made a wish.

"Please...Please, bring Logan home to me for Christmas."



Something was tickling her nose. Rogue reached up and sleepily swatted away the offending whatever. But, it was persistant and her eyes slowly opened. The offending tickler was a rose attached to a very masculine hand. When her eyes finally came into focus, she nearly burst out crying. Logan was sitting at the foot of her bed, with the biggest shit eating grin on his face.

"I didn't wake you, did I?"

Rogue was out from under the covers in a flash and into his arms. The fresh snow that powdered his jacket,proclaimed that he had only just arrived.

"Oh, Logan! I missed you soooo much. Where have you been? Did you just get here? I was so worried. Are you alright? Did everything go o.k? Did you find..."

"Hold on a minute,Luv! One thing at a time. I've got something for you." Logan reached into his worn jean jacket and pulled out a small wrapped box.

"Logan, Christmas isn't until tomorrow."

"Just shut up and open it will ya! It's Christmas Eve, that's close enough for me."

It didn't take much to persuade her and she quickly tore through the paper and opened the box. Inside was a beautiful god chain.

"I thought you might want something a little bit nicer to keep these on." He pulled his dogtags from around her neck and replaced the old metal chain with the gold one.

Tears sparkled in her eyes as he placed his tags once more around her neck.

"Thank you, Logan. It's beautiful. I have something for you too. Hold on and I will get it."

She hopped off the bed and bent over to retrieve his present from it's hiding place. When she stood up with the huge box cradled in her arms, she noticed a peculiar look on his face. In all the excitement, her choice of sleepware had gone un-noticed. The baby doll teddy that Jubilee had given her yesterday, left little to the imagination. Unable to hide the grin that threatened to take over her face, she thrust the box into his hands. She nearly laughed when he actually shook his head, as if to clear his unruly thoughts.

She watched as Logan slowly undid the carefully wrapped present. Impatient, beyond words,she reached over and ripped the remaining paper off.

Logan opened up the box and pulled the jacket from its tissue laden bed. The smell of new leather quickly filled the room, as he took off his jacket and replaced it with her gift.

"This is too much, darlin. It must of set you back half a years salary,with what little ole Wheels pays ya."

"Just like this chain you got me, but it doesn't matter does it? All that matters is that you are here with me and that you like it. You do like it don't you?"

"Of course I do, Marie. But then again, I treasure all the gifts you have given me. Your friendship and...."

"Your love? That's the most precious present you give, Logan. Your love."

"And I do darlin, I do"

Cradling her once more in his arms, he placed a kiss on top of her head.

"Merry Christmas, Love."

"It is now, Logan. It is now."

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2871