Second Touch by MoonBeamDancer
Summary: Sequel to "The Touch", done through Logan's POV.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 292 Read: 1449 Published: 04/27/2008 Updated: 04/27/2008

1. Second Touch by MoonBeamDancer

Second Touch by MoonBeamDancer
I get to the machine and cut her loose. She just hangs there, hands glued, so I pry her off.

Still nothing.

God, no. Not after I swore that I'd take care of her… My hands idly play with the white stands of hair that now frame her face, as I pull her into my arms, taking off my glove with my teeth, and placing it to her face, hoping to God, which is something I don't do to often, for a sign of any kind.

Still, as before, not a damn thing.

No, no, no!! Still I hold her, giving her the one thing she wanted most, and only in death, got.

Human touch.

A tear or two falls as I think of the promise I broke. Marie, I… wait… What the hell? I feel a pull, a very small tingle. "Oh my…" runs through my mind as the damage that I inflicted on myself to get free, and what Sabretooth did reopen and begin to freely bleed. I don't think I've been as happy to be wounded, then I am now. Because it all, the blood, the pain, means she's alive and that I kept my promise.

Marie gives a strangled gasp as she comes back to life and freezes in my arms. I don't think I've heard a more beautiful sound. She struggles for a minute and pushes me away, her face a mask of shock and terror.

I fall to the ground, burning her face and the fact that she's alive into my memory. If I die, I more then willingly do so, and take the fact that she's alive because of me, to my grave. That alone makes it, all of it, worth it.

The End

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2861