Better Than A Fairy Tale by Medie
Summary: Logan muses about his relationship with Rogue.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 614 Read: 1665 Published: 04/20/2008 Updated: 04/20/2008
Story Notes:
Just a little thing I jotted down one day.

1. Better Than A Fairy Tale by Medie

Better Than A Fairy Tale by Medie
Beauty and the Beast: That's what they're callin' us now.

They think I don't know, they think if they don't say it when I'm around I won't find out. I might not be some preppie college type like ol'Cyke, but I'm not stupid.

'Sides, I got my ways. Like the Cajun. Man can't keep his mouth shut to save his life when he's got some juicy story to tell. He's a pain in the ass but he's got his uses. Out and out told me about this one not too long ago... Just spilled it like some cluckin' hen.

Alright...so he might've had a little 'encouragement' from me but that ain't the point. Point is, the faculty and students of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters have some kinda obsessive interest in me'n Marie.

She don't mind. Just smiles that smile of hers and says, "They jus' happy for us is all, Logan. Kinda nice knowin' they care."

She's right. She always is. But that doesn't mean I've gotta like it. My feelings for Marie are none of their business. Never mind our relationship. Only person who I plan on sharin' any of it with is Marie herself. She's the only one I care about impressin'...The rest of 'em can sigh and pop in some chick flick to watch.

They need romance, watch Robin Hood. Me'n Rogue's relationship ain't for public speculation. Specially not when the public's got us playin' out some fairy-tale type thing. I ain't no Romeo and she's no Juliet.

Juliet's got nothin' on Marie.



Y'know, goin' away for a few years can really give a man new perspective on things. When I left, she was a kid. A teenager who was only showin' hints of the woman she was gonna be...when I came back that woman's emerged in her full glory.

Marie's still young yeah...but she ain't jailbait and half the time we forget she's barely in her twenties. She seems too grown up t'be that young. Itīs her mutation accordin' to Xavier; it put a ton of responsibility and pressure on her shoulders and made her mature faster, emotionally. She didn't have much of a choice if y'ask me. Kinda hard to act like you're a carefree kid when you're capable of killin' someone just by touchin' 'em with a finger.

Don't know many people who could handle that. Ain't easy to deal with it but my girl does it anyway. Marie's no fairy-tale princess...she's better.

Jeannie says I might hate the idea but the names do fit. She might be right but no way in hell am I ever going to admit it to her. Marie's the only one I know who can get near me no matter how mad I am and still live t' talk about it. She doesn't even think twice...Just charges in and gets in my face, yellin' at me 'til I listen...Cyke ain't even *that* brave...

Rogue is though...Marie...She's no coward. Not in the least. Not that the Ol' One Eye is...but Marie...She's somethin' else entirely.

She ain't no diamond in the rough...she's a diamond. My diamond.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I ain't the type to wax poetic over anybody. Least, I don't ever remember waxin' poetic over anythin' or anybody but Marie's another story.

Marie's a whole 'nother book. Series. Whatever.

A' right...so she just might fit the fairy-tale mold...She's still better though...

And...I *might* fit that Beast guy's attitude...Not that I plan on tellin' anybody, hear me? Ain't *ever* talkin' about this...

Got a reputation to uphold...

Still...it's kinda like that fairy-tale I guess. Me 'n Marie...

But I ain't singin'!

This ain't no friggin' musical.

It's just me'n Marie...

Finis
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2784