Epilogue by Mary
Summary: Six months after Logan's return - Marie's POV
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Mad Season
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 470 Read: 1954 Published: 04/18/2008 Updated: 04/18/2008
Story Notes:
This is a series I am writing based on the music from Matchbox Twenty's CD Mad Season...

1. Epilogue by Mary

Epilogue by Mary
It's been a rough week to say the least. Logan is still in the infirmary recovering. You want to know from what? It finally happened. What everyone feared, but tried to ignore was going to happen. Bobby had apparently been honing his powers in private. I really don't know how Jean and the Professor hadn't known. I mean, they can read minds!

But I digress, here is what happened. Logan was taking me for a picnic on the grounds when he just sorta stopped walking and seemed to become very alert to his surroundings. The next thing I know he is yelling at me to run and pushing me out of the way. I look up and see what looks like knives flying between us. When they hit the ground I look closer and notice that they are made of ice. Bobby.

I don't remember too much. It all happened so fast, but I do vividly remember seeing him as he moved from behind some trees. He was totally covered in ice, like armor or something. I know I yelled at him. I told him to stop and asked him why. He didn't even notice me, he was intent on Logan. I remember more ice daggers. I remember hearing Logan scream. One of those primal type or screams. I heard his claws. I heard ice on metal. I heard more screaming. The next thing I knew everything was quiet. Deadly quiet. For a second I thought they had killed each other, but I looked up and they seemed to be frozen. That's when I saw the Professor, Jean, Scott and Ororo. The Professor and Jean had obviously stopped the fight and I held my breath to see what would happen next.

There was a blur of movement as Bobby and Logan were restrained before they were released by the Professor and Jean. That's when the yelling started. Bobby was just yelling about things that didn't make much sense. Stuff about me and him and Logan. When Ororo finally came over to me I realized I was crying. She hugged me while Logan and Bobby were taken to the infirmary.

That was almost a week ago. No one expected Logan to be in here this long, but Bobby did something to the adamantium that is inside him. Something that is keeping him very cold, making him hibernate is how Jean explained it to me. Bobby is being held elsewhere in the mansion. They won't tell me where. They know how angry I am and what I might do. So now I am just waiting. Waiting for him to wake up. I think when he does we'll leave. Go somewhere for a while. We can't stay here. I can't stay here. But as long as I am with Logan I am home.

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2773