Last Beautiful Girl by Mary
Summary: Five weeks since Logan's departure - Professor Xavier's POV
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Songfic
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Mad Season
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 891 Read: 1824 Published: 04/15/2008 Updated: 04/15/2008
Story Notes:
This is a series I am writing based on the music from Matchbox Twenty's CD Mad Season...

1. Chapter 1 by Mary

Chapter 1 by Mary
This will all fall down like everything else that was
This too shall pass and all of the words we said
We can't take back


Sometimes the burden of my gifts is too great. I see into minds, I know what people think and feel. I watch this and wait for the train wreck that is bound to happen. Bobby loves Rogue. Rogue loves Logan. Logan isn't here, but I know he will be back. There is a new boy at the school now. His name is Remy. He seems taken with Rogue, too. It is just a ticking time bomb that I should try to diffuse, but I cannot. I could talk to any of them, but it isn't my place. I do not have the right to discuss their feelings with anyone else.

Now every fool in town would've left by now
I can't replace all the wasted days
The memory of your face - can't help thinkin'


I feel such sadness and anger from Bobby. He does not understand why Rogue cannot let Logan go, but why should he? I do not even think there is a way to explain properly how Logan is in Rogue's head and Rogue in his. They are both still independent people, but they are joined in a way that is not explainable. I can sense that Bobby wishes I would rip them apart, but I cannot. Beyond it being unethical, I don't know what kind of damage it would do to either of them.

Maybe if we ever coulda kept it all together
Where would we be
A thousand lost forevers
And the promises you never were giving me
Here's what I'm thinking


Remy just does no understand what is going on exactly. I know it has been explained to him, but he wasn't here to see it so it is hard to fully understand. He flirts shamelessly with her and I believe that she likes it, but, like Bobby, nothing will ever come of it. Bobby seems to dislike Remy, also. He does not like that Remy can make her smile. Something is going to give soon.

It won't be the first - heart that you break
It won't be the last - beautiful girl
The one that you wrecked - won't take you back
If you were the last beautiful girl in the world


When Logan gets back everything will change and not necessarily for the better. I do believe that it will help Rogue. It will help her loneliness and her, or rather his inside her anger. Even before the two touches they shared they were kindred spirits and the touches just intensified it. I know that if Logan had not been so certain that Rogue needed to be here he would have taken her with him.

Tell me one more time
How you're sorry about the way
This all went down - you needed to find your space
You needed to still be friends
Needed me to
Call you if I ever couldn't keep it all together
you'd comfort me
Tell me but forever
And the promises I never should have believed in
Here's what I'm thinking


I do hope that Logan gets back soon. The longer it takes the worse the confrontation will be. I do not think that either Bobby or Remy will be dissuaded from their respective pursuits of Rogue until Logan is here to claim her. And I do mean claim her. I know that as an educated man and all I should not even be thinking such things happen, but they do and it is what Logan will do. I would hope that would settle everything here, but I do not think it will.

It won't be the first - heart that you break
It won't be the last - beautiful girl
The one that you wrecked - won't take you back
If you were the last beautiful girl in the world


Jean and I have discussed this on a few occasions. She has felt Rogue's dependence on Logan and Bobby and Remy's feelings for Rogue. She feels the storm that is brewing just over the horizon also. She knows that when he was here, Logan was using her to try and discourage Rogue from her feelings for him. We have both watched Rogue try to use the same tactics on both Bobby and Remy. When she is with them she spends as much time as possible talking about Logan, but they are both very determined young men.

It's over now - And I've gone without
Cuz you're everybody else's girl
It seems to me - you'll always be
Everyone else's girl


When Logan does come back Rogue will probably loose some friends. Bobby will not take the return well. He has the prospect of great anger deep inside of himself. It's a dark place that he tries to hide, but it is still there. I think Logan's return might bring that out. I have already warned Jean about it, though she has felt it herself. Felt his hate and malice for Logan. All we can do is hope for the best, though we know it probably will not happen.

This will all fall down
Like everything in the world
This too must end
And everything else that was
We can't take back
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2757