Reflections by Maeve Winter
Summary: "... she liked to watch him sleep at night."
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 597 Read: 1260 Published: 04/12/2008 Updated: 04/12/2008
Story Notes:
his storylet came to me two days ago and is loosely based on Dido's song, "All you want" I would love to hear any comments since this is my first attempt at anything R/L related. Honesty is welcome but please be gentle ;) with that said...

1. Reflections by Maeve Winter

Reflections by Maeve Winter
She lay motionless upon her bad, scarcely a breath passing her pale lips. Silver moonlight flitted in the window, drifting lazily to the chain around her neck. Eerie light bounded across her darkened room striking the mirror on the opposite wall. Her eyes wandered to the image in her mirror and transfixed themselves upon the image. The glow reflected in her eyes, twisting and turning in the seductive dance of a ghostly lover. She hungered to reach out and grasp his gently proffered hand, to hold on and never let go. She wanted to wrap herself within him and become lost in the passion of the dance until she ceased to be, until only they were. But this reverie would never be a reality; it merely existed as a yearning never to be satisfied. She shifted her eyes slightly, and the spell was broken. She cursed lightly, her thick accent illuminating her anguish.

Actuality left her cold and wanting, became a searing pain throbbing deep within her chest. Hot tears slid down her cheeks, burning them, covering her lips with their salty taste before plummeting to her pillow. Oh god... she missed him so much... wanted too much.

Her bed lay cold and uninviting beneath her. Empty sheets twisted within the unyielding grasp of empty hands... longing to touch, to hold. With a sob, she angrily flung herself onto her other side, hoping with the change of scenery to find the comfort she so desperately sought. Drifting shadows met drifting mind plunging further into the cavern of memories...



... she liked to watch him sleep at night. Though his breathing, ragged and torn with nightmare, postponed her pleasure, she still felt consumed by the beauty of his face and his intoxicating scent. She longed to touch him, comfort him, and reaching out her hand she nearly did so. Instead her hand drifted inches from his skin, held in suspense. All too suddenly he stirred violently, and her world turned upside down as white flashed before her eyes. Pain, so intense, shot through her chest as she choked and gagged. She saw his face, contorted into sorrowful emotion, and she nearly fell. Her vision faded in and out and all she saw were his eyes, haunted, and his cheek. She weakly reached out to brush it and then... electricity shot back and forth.

She cried out as his mind filled hers. So many emotions, fear and sadness, longing so intense, and memories flooding her, filling her. She felt everything and then nothing as the memories ended and the wall began. Nothing remembered, a past hidden from view, and then something cloudy...

He slipped to the floor unconscious, the connection severed. /Oh god, what have I done... /



She bolted back awake, sweating and trembling fiercely in her empty room. Only the shadows greeted her and she remembered. Lately the memories had become so strong and frequent. She cried softly into the dark "Logan, please come home."

If he would only return, she would tell him, would show him. That night, when he had almost taken her life, it was then that she knew she needed him, as he did her. In time she could help him unlock his past. She had felt it so close, almost tasted it. The key had turned in her hand but never unlocked... not yet. (in time... )

Hours had passed when she finally drifted into a dreamless sleep. Only the one thought that accompanied her comforted in some small way. /Everything you need is right here, Logan, come home.. I'll show you./
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2731