Mine by loofah
Summary: Rogue has a wrong idea but continues to carry it out in real life. WARNING! Character death. You've been warned. Rogue's POV.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Dark
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 789 Read: 1539 Published: 04/10/2008 Updated: 04/10/2008

1. Mine by loofah

Mine by loofah
He loves me, he loves me... He has to. He does. I know.

He doesn't.

I'm a liar.

This is my nightly chant. I try to make myself believe it but it's hard when reality slaps you in the face everyday.

But he's got to love me. I'm better than her.

No, I'm not.

I'm still a liar.

It didn't take me long to figure out that was he was back for was her, and not the tags. I tried to talk to him, flirt and I threw myself at him time and time again.

He just dismissed me. Just like that.

Before I could get a good look at what was going on, Scott was out of the picture and Jean was in Logan's bed.

All of those times I flashed forbidden skin, they didn't matter anymore. My sexuality was invisible to him. To him, I'm known only as `kid'.

But the Wolverine in my head... He loves me. He talks to me as if I'm the only thing that mattered. His memories of me are pure and true and that's what I'm living for. I'm living for the moments when the man in my head embraces his memories of me. It keeps me warm.

But he's fading.

I try as hard as I can to hold on to him, I fight everyday.

But he's fading.

Dear God, if he leaves me, I'll die. My mind will leave with him and only my shell will remain.

I've got to stop it.

And I know how. But it's wrong... It's wrong, it's wrong, I can't do this, I can't, not to him...

But I have to.

And so I make my decision. I'll have him here with me, possibly for forever. And I'll separate them so they can't rub it in my face. Yes, that will serve her right...



It's night now and I'm haunting the hallways. Everyone has gone to sleep; it's all quiet. Even Logan inside of me isn't interfering with what's to come.

I open their door. Funny how everyone is so trusting here, not locking their doors. Oh, well, my luck.

There they are, both naked and entwined in the sheets. What they do is all so wrong, the woman right there should have been me, me, me.

"Go away, Jean," I mutter. A window is open; the warm summer wind sending a refreshing breeze through the humid room. It's not hard to figure out what they have been doing, especially when you've got some of Logan's heightened senses left in you. I silently walk over to them, trusting myself with a moment to look at them. They look happy. Small smiles are plastered on their face. Logan is on his back on the left side of the bed with Jean's arm draped over his torso.

I hate her. I seriously do.

I move closer to them. I'm now standing right besides my love.

My bare hand is drawn to his face. I'm so close now. I can't turn back. Gently, I let my fingertips touch his rough chin.

He feels warm against the coldness of my hand.

And there it is; the electric pull. Oh my God, I can never describe this feeling with words. It's so unimaginably beautiful. Everything he is, it's all going to be mine, and mine alone. I only have a few seconds to enjoy his life simply pouring into me, becoming a part of me, before he opens his eyes.

And he looks at me. Not just a quick glance, but he looks deep into my eyes. He doesn't go into offense mode or sheath his claws, as I would have expected, he just lies there, becoming weaker by the second.

"What the... Marie?" he whispers, confusion forming on his face.

"Shh... Hush, sugah, it'll all be fine..." I almost hum.

As he begins to squirm underneath my lethal caress, Jean starts to awaken as well. I cast a quick glance at her, then back at Logan. He is almost all drained. I can feel him inside me now, flooding my entire being. I'm in such sheer bliss, he's in me and he loves me... I've closed my eyes and when I open them again, I know that it will only take a few seconds before it's over.

She is waking up now. She sits up in the bed, rubbing her eyes, perhaps wondering what is going on.

There's not much left to take, but I want it all. Whatever they do, it won't matter, `cause I've got Logan and they can't take him away from me. He is mine now.

Finally, Jean looks at me and the exact moment she sees what I'm doing, Logan dies.

the end

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2720