At First Sight by Lisa Greeneyelove
Summary: Marie Shares Her Fairy Tale
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1387 Read: 2155 Published: 04/07/2008 Updated: 04/07/2008

1. At First Sight by Lisa Greeneyelove

At First Sight by Lisa Greeneyelove
Anyone who tells you there ain’t no such thing as love at first sight doesn’t know what in the hell they are talking about.



Trust me.



I know.



I fell in love at first sight.



And no, there were no angels singing or fireworks going off.



And no, my prince didn’t come riding up on a white horse.



I spotted him in a cage, in a dingy little bar located smack dab in the middle of no fucking where.



Hey, not your typical fairy tale beginning, but I ain’t your typical fairy tell princess.



See I am a mutant.



I got untouchable skin.



And my prince, he is a mutant too.



He’s got no memory beyond the last fifteen years.



Oh, yeah, he also heals from anything and he has metal claws.



Like I said, we aren’t typical, but that’s cool with me, cause I know typical ain’t always what its cracked up to be and since no one I call friend or family is normal, it all works out.



Anyway, back to me and Logan and how it all began.



When my family found out I was a mutant with killer skin, it was a little much for then to deal with, so they kicked me out, told me I was dead to them and that would never change.



Charming, I know.



So I ran off, decided that Alaska sounded like a good place to go, so for eight months, I hitchhiked and survived by shear luck and somehow, ended up in a place in Canada called Laughlin City.



City! Please. Two or three near condemnable buildings does not a city make.



But I was stuck there, impressed or not, so I wondered into this bar and in that bar is where it happened.



I fell head over heels in love.



There he was, in a cage, his beautiful chest bared, his ass encased in jeans…his hair was wild and all over the place and his eyes…for half a second I think his eyes landed on me, before another man foolishly stepped into that cage and my prince proceeded to bit the living shit out of him.



Hey, I didn’t say my prince wasn’t without his quirks.



Anyway, I set down at the bar with a glass of water and when my prince came and set down a few stools away and I kept looking at him…he was so hard looking, so cold, so serious, yet there was something about him that just drew me in.



Then the ass from the cage came around.



Tried to stab my man.



I yelled out for him, he flashed the claws, the bartender told him to get out and he did just that and like a big eyed puppy I followed after him.



Girl has to listen to her heart.



He found me hiding in his truck and he was none to pleased.



Tried to leave me behind.



Found out he couldn’t.



That’s when things got interesting.



Some big hairy beast attacked us…ended up at some fancy school in New York and if that was not bad enough, some redheaded doctor was there all willing and ready to put her hands all over Logan.



Bitch.



Okay, so I ain’t a gal who likes to deal with competition.



But the redhead was the least of my problems.



Turned out some ass named Magneto wanted to use me as a battery in his mutant making machine.



Nearly killed me.



I would have died, had it not been for Logan.



He touched me.



Gave me some of his healing powers.



Then he ran.



Went to find his past.



But he gave me his tags and said he would be back.



Take that Jeannie. Gave his tags to ME. ME. ME.



Okay, not very mature when it comes to Dr. I Am So Perfect. Sue me.



Besides, she has Scott and he loves her.



Sorry, Kitty, but that is true.



So there I was, with his tags, waiting…aching…needing him…



And then he was there.



Still flirting with Jean.



Pardon me while a retch.



But when push came to shove, Logan was there for me again, to take me and John and Bobby to someplace safe…



And it was Logan’s scream I heard the loudest when I was sucked from the plane.



But it was Jean he kissed in the woods.



No one knew I saw that.



No one knew I cried myself to sleep that night.



I felt as if my heart had died, but when morning came, I noticed Logan looking at me strangely.



It wasn’t until later that I learned about the stunt that Mystique had pulled.



Turns out I own the Blue Gal a big thanks.



Her turning into me made Logan finally realize it was me and not Jean that held the key to his heart.



Course it was a while before I found that out.



The world had to be saved first.



And Jean died.



Okay, the fact that she died to save us does make me feel bad that I never did like her all that much.



Seeing Logan cry over her made me feel worse.



Then we were back at the mansion, or what was left of it, at least and once again, I could look at Logan and I could clearly see he my dear love was ready to leave.



But I wasn’t about to have that.



Marched myself right into his room, didn’t bother to knock, I looked him in the eye and I said that if he left I would never forgive him.



“Listen, kid…”



“Don’t you try the listen kid shit on me, Logan.” I knew my eyes were blazing but I did not care. “I know you, bub, almost as well as you know yourself, seeing as how I got you in my head and I know you don’t want to run away. I know you really want to stay here, but you are scared or just unsure that it is the right thing to do, so let me clear it up for you; this is the right thing, Logan, and you belong here, because this is your home. We are your family. Me. Scott. Charles. Ro. Bobby. Maybe we are all just a little on the not so normal side, but that is one of the things that binds us together and you need us and we need you.”



“Marie…”



“I need you, Logan. Me. Marie. I need you. You are my best friend…”



“Marie…”



“I know you are grieving for Jean. I know you loved her…”



“Marie, I did not love Jean.”



At those words, I fell silent and he came to me, to place his hands on my shoulders and I looked up at him, almost afraid to breathe…afraid to hope…but he smiled and I could feel my heart thundering.



“Logan…”



“It was never Jean. Never.”



“Then who…”



But he smiled again. “You know.”



“Me…”



“From the first, Marie. It has been you.”



“Logan…”



“I love you, Marie. With all my heart. With all my soul.”



“I love you too, Logan. From the first. Since I saw you…”



Tears spilled from my eyes as he drew me to him and I thanked God I had learned to control my powers, as his lips came down on mine, firm yet gentle and I pressed myself close to him, holding on for life.



He carried me to his bed then, gently taking off my clothes and then his…it was more perfect than I had ever thought it could be, he was tender and gentle and whispered again and again that he loved me; he told he I was perfect, that he would love me forever and I knew he meant it as we made love for the first time.



The first of a lifetime of times.



A year and a half later, me and Logan were married.



Me and my prince.



After the service, Kurt asked me when did I know I was in love with Logan.



I looked at Logan and smiled.



From the beginning, I said, with a grin.



It was kind of an at first sight thing.



THE END
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2695