Brown Eyed Angel by Lisa Greeneyelove
Summary: Logan reflects on the angels in his life.
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1823 Read: 2270 Published: 04/06/2008 Updated: 04/06/2008

1. Brown Eyed Angel by Lisa Greeneyelove

Brown Eyed Angel by Lisa Greeneyelove
I told myself to concentrate on the redhead. She was hot. Tall with lots of legs and an ass that was killer…she was all woman and any man with half a brain would want to nail her hard and fast. And if not her, the white haired weather witch…all calm and cool acting, but those are the ones that usually surprised the hell out of you once you had them all hot and begging for it. Damn mansion was crawling with some sexy ass women all wrapped up in skin tight leather…told myself to pick one, make my needs and intentions clear and enjoy what they were willing to give, but every fucking time I tried to flirt or turn on a little charm, my mind was suddenly filled with an image of big brown eyes looking up at me like I was some damn hero or something.

I know what people say about me. Call me an animal. Some truth to that, but I let me tell you one thing, bub, I ain’t stupid by no means. Knew the moment I saw the girl that she could get me in some deep shit. That’s why I hightailed it so fast, didn’t want to be within a thousand miles of those brown eyes…then I found her in my truck, tried to kick her out, but couldn’t make myself drive away and leave her there to fend for myself, cause even then I knew I was done. Cooked. Stick a fucking fork in me…never thought the day would come when I would be wrapped around any female finger, but that brown eyed girl had me at her beck and call from the word go and when she got all smart ass and fired back at me ‘what kind of name is Wolverine’, I knew she had me wrapped around that little finger of hers for life.

Course, I didn’t care to admit that. Not to myself or anyone. Hell, I am Wolverine, the bad ass, cage fighting, beer drinking loner…I don’t need no one and no one needs me cause all I am is trouble on two legs.

Yeah right.

When it comes to that brown eyed girl named Marie, I am fucking whipped. She owns my heart and soul…she’s everything good and decent and perfect in this world and no one can compare. No one hold a candle to her. Not the red head or the weather lady, or anyone…Marie is like sunshine and rain all rolled into one and I know I sound like a love sick fool, but I don’t give a shit when it comes to my girl.

Took me a while. Won’t deny that. Fought my feelings long and hard. I ain’t one to just go around admitting defeat…I’m The Wolverine, after all, so I played it all cool and calm, until that fucking bucket wearing mental controlling dick head got his dirty hands on her and I snapped. Was ready to kill everyone at that mansion, the bald guy, the redhead, the One Eyed Wonder…was pissed as bloody hell that they had been so off the mark on Mag’s intentions, but I calmed down enough to realize the X-Asses could actually help me in getting my Marie back safe and sound, so I decided to let them live for a while.

Turns out, that decision was a good one, they all actually came in handy, but when I got up there to Marie…even now I feel myself grow cold, thinking about how pale she looked when I cut her lose and touched her…and when the pull started and I began to spill into her, I didn’t care if I died as long as she lived.

And that, thank you, scared me damn near shirtless…I was ready to die to save a little brown eyed slip of a girl…I was feelings things I had never felt before so I did the one thing I knew how to do well.

Ran like The Devil himself was trailing my ass.

Didn’t stay gone long. Couldn’t. Told Marie I’d be back.

And I came back to find Ice Cubes For Brains thinking he was her boyfriend. Give me a fucking break. I could snap that kid without breaking a sweat. No way that little pretty boy could ever have the fire Marie needed in a man…almost laughed when he froze my hand, like he could earn my respect or show me he was a man, when he was just a child trying to play grown up.

Didn’t say nothing to Marie, of course, just went back to flirting with the redhead and then everything went wild, with people ripping into the mansion, leaving me with no choice but to take Ice Balls and Firefly along when I got out of there with Marie. The boys were just baggage, Marie was the one I worried about…it was all about Marie, as it had been from the beginning and let me just confess that I was thinking about my Marie when I kissed Jean in a dumb ass effort to make myself believe that I wasn’t in love with an eighteen year old, untouchable girl.

And Mystique. What the fuck? How that Blue Bitch knew about my feelings for Marie, I will never know, but when she transformed herself into Marie, looking down at me, all pressed against me…Christ, my cock nearly split from my pants.

Too much information? Too bad. Deal with it.

Anyway, couldn’t act on anything out there in the woods with the plane busted, the Ice Kid around…the world maybe coming to an end…shitty timing to say the least, but I held it together. Made it clear to Marie that she wasn’t to leave the plane. Pulled Icy Dick aside and told him if he didn’t keep Marie safe and sound, I would use the claws to carve him into an ice sculpture.

Kid was scared out of his mind. Thought he would piss himself.

Of course, I still didn’t like leaving her, but I did, went off to fight the good fight and got some insight into my past, but all in all, with Jean giving up her life like she did, what I learned seemed meaningless and all that mattered to me was the fact that Marie was alive.

Things were still a mess, when we got back to the mansion, there was a lot to repair and rebuild and I did what I could to be a friend to Scooter and Marie was there as well, helping him along. I could tell her heart was breaking for him, I have to say that I understood his pain…I knew I wouldn’t want to face another day, if I lost Marie, but I forced myself to wait a month after the entire nightmare to go to her one night and standing there, feeling like a school boy, I laid it all on the line.

I looked her right in those brown eyes and I said, I love you, Marie, and I don’t mean as a brother or a friend. I love you the way a man loves a woman…I love you with all of my heart and soul, because I didn’t even know I had a heart or a soul until you came into my life. You are my sunlight. My hope. My peace. My harbor and everything else good…you are my best friend, the one person that believes in me and trust me and sees me as a man and I want to be with you forever. I know you are young but I am willing to wait, if you want…I will do this however you want, so long as we can work this out, because I ain’t got nothing without you, baby.

Don’t think I took a single breath, the entire time I made the speech and when I was done, she looked up at me with tears in those big brown eyes and with a beautiful smile she told me she loved me too. Had from the first. Fell in love with me first time she laid eyes on me…Bobby was a distraction for her like Jean had been for me, and she had already told him it was over, because her heart belonged to me…I gathered her close and covering her mouth with her scarf, I kissed her long and hard and she held to me as if she would never let go.

Confessing my feelings to Marie and having her confess her feelings to me was the best thing ever…it freed me from my past, freed me to think about the future and all I wanted with my brown eyed baby. She was the center of everything and everyone in the mansion soon learned and accepted that me and Marie were a team and they gave us their blessing. Even One Eye. And the Ice Kid. Everyone kind of knew me and Marie were fated…we were destined to be…it was through the meditation I taught her that she learned to control her powers, six months after we first got together and six short months after that, One Eye served as my best man and Chuck gave Marie away at our wedding and let me tell you, bub, my girl looks like an angel in white.

Had one hell of a honeymoon. Chuck had One Eye fly us to Paris. Marie had wanted to go there for years, and I couldn’t really take a regular flight, cause of all the metal and all…anyway, long story short, me and Marie had a hell of a time and we agreed that we would go back to Paris every five years, on our anniversary.

Of course, next year, on our fifth anniversary, it won’t be just be and Marie, cause I have a feeling neither of us will be ready to leave the little girl we just had about two hours ago.

Was at Marie’s side the entire time and let me tell you, seeing labor up close makes me damn glad I ain’t no woman, healing factor or not.

But Marie, my girl is as tough as they come and she was all smiles through her tears of joy when our daughter, Callie Jean was place gently in her arms.

And guess what?

Callie Jean’s got her mommy’s big brown eyes.

That makes twice I’ve lost my bad ass heart to a brown eyed angel, but you ain’t never gonna hear me complain, cause I wouldn’t have it any other way.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2689