Defeat by Lisa Greeneyelove
Summary: Retake on Logan’s return scene in X2.
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 358 Read: 2126 Published: 04/06/2008 Updated: 04/06/2008

1. Defeat by Lisa Greeneyelove

Defeat by Lisa Greeneyelove
He scent engulfed his senses even before he saw her racing towards him, a smile on her face, her dark hair flying behind her.





“Logan.”





The joy, the sheer delight, in her voice, was impossible to ignore as he opened his arms to receive her welcoming hug.





“Hey kid. Miss me.”





She pulled back and shrugged. “Not really.”





“How are you?”





“Good. How are you?” Her question held a thousand meanings and he smiled.





“Good. Better. Kind of glad to be back.”





“I’m more than glad that you’re back.”





His eyes locked on hers for a moment and he could see her feelings there, clear and

obvious.





Then the *boy* appeared.





“Whose this?”





“Oh. This is Bobby. He’s…”





“I’m her boyfriend.”





He extended a hand that Logan shook, the frowned when it iced over.





“They call me Iceman.”





“Boyfriend. How do you…”





He thought, if the *boy* was smart, he would say they didn’t and he didn’t intend to try, cause he liked having his internal organs internal.





“We haven’t figured that out. Yet.”





“We haven’t tried that much.” Rogue amended.





“Good.” He turned his eyes to Ice Cube or Ice Dick or whatever he had called himself, in his attempt to sound like a man. “Very good.” Message clear; touch her and die, and not from contact with her skin, asshole.





“So we were gonna go watch a movie…” Bobby shifted nervously.





“Well, Logan just got back…”





“It’s okay, kid. Go watch the movie with Ice Prick.”





“Iceman. It’s actually Iceman.”





“Whatever.”





Rogue’s eyes caught his and she gave a smile only he could detect, telling him she had found his not so accidental slip up amusing.





“Go watch the movie, kid. I’ll get settled and catch up with you soon.”





“Okay.”





Bobby tugged at her hand and she went along with him, but she never turned, she kept facing Logan until she was out of the room and he smiled as he watched, wondering if the Ice Kid was smart enough to realize defeat when it was staring him in the face.





The End
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2686