The One by Lisa Greeneyelove
Summary: Rogue Rips Into Jean After Jean’s Good Guy Scene With Logan.
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 678 Read: 1542 Published: 04/06/2008 Updated: 04/06/2008

1. The One by Lisa Greeneyelove

The One by Lisa Greeneyelove
“Jean, I need to talk to you a second.”





The redhead frowned and looked from the busted jet to find Rogue standing a few

feet behind her, her arms folded over her chest, something that looked like anger bright in her eyes.





“In case it has escaped your attention, I am kind of busy, Rogue.”





“Very little escapes my attention, Jean. Believe me.”





Sighing, sensing the girl wouldn’t stop annoying her until she said whatever rant she needed to say, Jean turned towards her.





“Fine. What’s the problem? Not getting enough attention? Hate that you aren’t in any real danger? Feeling left out cause everyone is focused on you?”





“None of those things. I just wanted to tell you something.”





“And that would be?” Jean asked, not hiding her scorn, as Rogue knew she had no use for her, and hadn’t from the start.





“Well, you are a cock teasing bitch.”





“Excuse me?” No one had ever spoke to her like that.





“You heard me, so drop the innocent act with the one person that sees you for the very insure, attention starved bitch you really are.”





“How dare you…”





“I dare because I heard the shit you said to Logan, about girls flirting with the dangerous guy but marrying the good guy and then you acted all shocked when he kissed you.”





“You had no right listening in…”





“I couldn’t help it. I still have Logan’s hearing.”





“Nice excuse.”





“Fuck you.”





“I suppose you blame that kind of talk on Logan in your head.”





Rogue smiled. “Hardly. That’s all me.”





“Really? What’s wrong? Upset because you aren’t the one Logan wants?”





“Oh, poor pitiful Jean, you just don’t get it.”





“Get what?.”





“I am the one he wants, the one he really loves, the one he is going to settle down with one day.”





“Really?” Jean laughed openly. “Quite the imagination you have there, kid.”





“I’m not a kid, no one calls me that but Logan.”





“Cause he sees you as that.”





“Hardly.”





“Rogue, I have work to do…”





“Let me brake it down for you, Jean.” Rogue cut her off. “Men, they flirt with the girl that is *obviously* eager for the attention because she feels she must have the eye of every man in the room on her. They flirt with the girl that could easily fuck and leave and very easily forget, because there is nothing special or memorable about her.”





“Rogue…”





“Men, they marry the Good Girl, The Real Girl, the one that is open and honest and kind and good and faithful enough not to flaunt herself around and flirt with everything that has a dick.”





“You have some nerve.”





Rogue raised an eyebrow in Logan fashion. “So do you. You say you love Scott but you want to string Logan along.”





“I could have Logan tonight, if I wanted him.”





“Yeah. You could. But you’re just an inch Jean. And once he *scratches* you, you will become just one more meaningless one nightstand that has no place in his heart or in his soul, so if you want to act like the whore I think you are and hurt a guy like Scott, then fuck Logan and get it over with.”





“Is that a dare?”





“Take it as whatever you want, just keep in mind, Jean, that I’m the one Logan saved, the one he nearly died for, the one he came back for and one day, I will be the one he gives his heart to and when he does, he won’t even remember what it was about you he found attractive.”





“Is that so?”





“Very much so. See, Jean, I’m The One, you’re just an itch, which, in your case, rhymes with bitch for a good reason.”





With a final smile, Rogue turned and walked away, leaving the doctor to stare after her, seething with anger, yet oddly certain that every word Rogue had just spoken contained hard and undeniable truth.





The End
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2645