Rest In Peace, My Friend by sharonmjl47
Summary: This stone Angel just doesn't seem big enough.
Categories: Comicverse, X2 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 491 Read: 1927 Published: 04/04/2008 Updated: 04/04/2008
Story Notes:
his was inspired by a picture i saw on the deviantart.com, if you would like a link to it let me know.

No beta, all mistakes are my own.

1. Chapter 1 by sharonmjl47

Chapter 1 by sharonmjl47
Title: Rest In Peace, My Friend
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: PG
Category: Movieverse/Comic
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!

**********************


“Are you cold?”

“Yeah, but its fine.”

“You didn’t have to come.”

“Of course I did Logan, I never met him, but you said he was a good friend.”

“Yeah, apart from you he was the only other person I would trust and this stone angel just doesn’t seem big enough for him.”

“How long had you known him?”

“I met him in Madripoor 1941…”

“What? 1941? I didn’t think you cold remember that far back?”

“I can’t Marie. He told me.”

“When?”

“Just after I came back from Alkali, five years ago, I went to Denver, one of those things for Chuck.”

“The ones you not allowed to tell me about?”

“Yeah. I was siting in this bar for want of something better to do and he just walks over. Casual as anything, slaps me on the back, declares it’s been years since he’s seen me and how the hell am I.”

“Oh my god!”

“Thing was straight off, I somehow knew I could trust him. So I said look sorry bub, but who are you… I explained that I could only remember about 20 years or so and he filled me in.”

“Madripoor is a long way from Canada sugar.”

“I know, he said he didn’t know why I was there, apparently I never mentioned it, but I helped him out with a ninja group called the Genin, goons for The Hand, you heard of him?”

“Yeah. Go on.”

“Well Steve and this Russian guy Petrovitch were getting their asses handed to them, so I waded in and helped. They were there to stop the Hand using a little kid, a girl. You probably heard of her too, Natasha Romanoff.”

“Black Widow? You knew her when she was a kid?”

“Yeah.”

“Guess you gotta habit of saving little girls.”

“Mmmm…. still trying to figure out which one was more trouble.”

“Hey!”

“Anyway, the Hand was going to turn her into some kind of master assassin, so the three of us stopped it. Apparently we worked together on a couple of things after that, stayed in touch until he lost track of me, guess we don’t have to be geniuses to work out were I was.”

“When did you last talk?”

“About six months ago. I told him about you, how beautiful you are, how happy you make me. Said Steve, I finally met someone, fell in love. Asked him to be my best man.”

“Oh Logan! I’m so sorry, I don’t know what to say.”

“Its cold and its startin’ to rain, nothing left to say darlin’, ‘cept rest in peace Steve Rogers, Captain America, my friend.”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2638