Where The Heart Belongs by Lisa Greeneyelove
Summary: Thoughts Regarding Complicated Matters Of the Heart
Categories: X2 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 746 Read: 1370 Published: 03/31/2008 Updated: 03/31/2008

1. Chapter 1 by Lisa Greeneyelove

Chapter 1 by Lisa Greeneyelove
Bobby

We use one another. I know it. She knows it. It’s not something we talk about. To be honest, I don’t think either of us is ready to admit what a façade our so called relationship is. To do that would make waves, disrupt the smooth flow of things and we don’t want that. Not yet. We are comfortable. We are two close friends who pretend we are more…the kid that can freeze with a touch and the girl that can’t touch. We go together. We compliment one another. In a different place and time, under different circumstances, maybe we could have loved one another, but for now, we just pretend we do, each of us willing to use the other until the time comes when we are ready to admit to the world where our hears truly lie.

Marie

I guess we should feel ashamed. I should, at least. After all, I am living a lie. All that I allow the would to see is an illusion. Bobby knows this. I see it in his eyes just as clearly as he sees the truth in my eyes. We serve as a cover for one another, a safe port where we can both hide. We really do fill a role for each other, just not the one everyone thinks and for now, that is okay with me. And Bobby. We will each face the truth when the time is right. But for now, we pretend to love one another when in all reality, Bobby’s heart rest with John and mine has belonged to Logan since the first moment we met.

John

I know the truth. To me it has always been obvious. Silently knowing the truth is all that keeps me sane, but it still hurts. Badly. Every time I see them together, it’s like a knife in the gut. I bet getting run through by Logan’s claws wouldn’t hurt so much. But I endure it, for now. I mean, it won’t last forever. I know it’s just a game for the two of them. A cover. I know he has no romantic feelings for her, when he holds her hand or even when he steals a kiss for others to see. It’s all a part of their act that will eventually one day end, when Bobby is finally ready to come to me and Logan finally realizes that Marie holds his heart in her hands and she always will.

Logan

It’s clear to me. Has been since I got back. From the moment the Ice Boy called himself her boyfriend and froze my hand in a vain effort to displace some Alpha Male shit, I knew. I could smell the lie on both of them. But I kept quite. Couldn’t bring myself to point out the obvious ‘cause that would have meant exposing myself and I ain’t ready for that. Need more time. She’s still young, at least age wise, and me…well, it’s no small secrete that I am fucked up. Got the claws. The temper. No real memory. Pretty sure I have done some shitty stuff in the past I can’t recall, cause I know I have done so shitty stuff in the fifteen years I can remember. Need time to work through that and accept it. Need time to accept what I feel for Marie, cause what all I feel for that girl scares me shitless, thank you very much. Ain’t too well versed in emotions, and what I feel for hers is…well, there ain’t words to describe all I feel for her. That’s why I kissed Jean, I was trying to make myself believe that what I felt for Marie wasn’t all that intense, but it blew up in my face, ‘cause I realized that Jean ain’t no Marie. Only Marie is Marie. She’s special. She’s perfect. She is mine and has been since I spotted her in that bar. I just need some more time to adjust to feeling so much, when I am use to feeling nothing at all. But once I got my mind all wrapped around it I am going to tell that girl everything and then the Ice Kid can step aside, cause I’ll be ready for the world to see where my heart belongs.

The End
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2628