Hide and Seek by Lisa
Summary: Logan goes in search of his shoes and his family around the mansion. Pure family fluff.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1801 Read: 2149 Published: 03/31/2008 Updated: 03/31/2008

1. Hide and Seek by Lisa

Hide and Seek by Lisa
There was a gentle hush over the school. Everybody was rest full and calm but energetic and happy at the same time…there was a sense of contentment. But when there's quiet, and you're a boisterous 6 year old this is an unacceptable environment.

Logan sat on the couch with one leg drawn over the other, so that they created a square. Sitting playing on his lap was little Chloe, whose only mission in life was to drive her dad insane by untying his shoelaces and tying the two shoes together. She was so sneaky. After deciding that playing with his shoelaces had become boring, she moved onto taking off the shoes entirely. Carefully she unlaced them, pretending to be playing with her own feet, and gently slipped the shoes and socks off. Then she got a sneaky little idea. She would hide them. Gently she lowered them down to the ground by the laces, but decided that if she just wandered off, he'd realise that something was up. Sweetly, she turned around and stared up at him, a huge smile plastered on her face. She bounced up till she was face to face with him probably breaking a few ribs on the way and threw her arms around his chest in the ultimate show of affection. So little were they that she couldn't get them entirely around him, so he picked her up and hugged her instead. There she sat for 5 minutes, smiling and plotting away. Logan placed his hand on her back and rubbed comfortingly, his strong hand moving up and down, then he suddenly tickled her and she knew that this was her chance of escape. Pretending to be backing away from his tickling hand she crawled off his lap and, scooping up the shoes and socks in one movement, with the grace of her mother, ran off and down the hall.

There Logan sat for a whole 10 minutes, busy thinking about his little girl and his big girl. God life was sweet. He had the most adorable, cheeky, full of potential little girl in the world, and the most beautiful funny intelligent wife in the world, the mother of his child and the keeper of their second. Life at the moment was pretty darn good. He didn't know what kind of lonely life he'd be living if he hadn't met Marie, even if it had taken him a while to recognise that he had loved her since he first time he saw her. And he didn't want to. Deciding to go see her, he went to stand up when he felt the carpet of the school's lounge room on his feet. He looked down and realised that his shoes and socks were gone. And he knew just who had taken them. 'Cheeky little girl' he thought with a smile, ' and very well done too, I'd never have guessed otherwise.'

While Logan headed off to his family's little corner of the school intent upon retrieving his shoes, he didn't know that Chloe had run to her mum with the intention of getting help to hide the pilfered items. Immediately knowing that their room would be the first place he checked, she decided to head down to the gym. He'd never think of going there, she was 6 months pregnant, and therefor not allowed to continue on with her rigorous X-Men training. Surreptitiously they headed off. They were going along fine until they nearly got caught, in fact they got seen. They walked along the corridor and had passed the stairs. When they were about 20 m away Logan got to the top of the stairs. Spotting them he called out and started to run. Luckily they'd just reached the lift, and they quickly sprang in and shut the door. Logan ran up to it just in time to see Marie stick her tongue out at him playfully and Chloe giggle. The door shut and left the floor. The only problem was that now Logan knew that they were going down. There were only two floors under them. The ground, where there was the lounge room and the kitchen… and the gym. And the bottom level where all the X-Men stuff went on. Logan doubted they had gone down there. Quickly he ran back to the stairs and descended. Where to start?

Just as Logan had thought they went to the ground floor, luckily they had time to duck into the kitchen before Logan got down too. Quickly and quietly they exited the kitchen through the opposite door and made their way carefully to the gym. That was the best place to hide, lots of change rooms and showers, locker rows and the office, where Logan did most of his work. Plus he'd never suspect Marie and Chloe to be there. Stealthily they headed into the large gym room with all its equipment and headed for the change room. There, mother and daughter would hide…

Logan went to the lounge room first, but they weren't there. Only Scott and Jean cuddled up to next to each other whispering. He smiled quickly to them but he had to go on to find his two cheeky little girls. Next he went to the dining room. A long, wide hall that the kids often called the "Harry Potter room" because it looked like the dining room in the Harry Potter. They weren't there either. He leant down and scanned under the tables to see if they'd hidden there, not that Marie really could have. There was nobody on the floor. With a growl of laughter he headed off. There were only the kitchen and the gym. Marie wouldn't be in the gym. Logan was so anxious that she didn't hurt herself during the pregnancy that he'd practically forbidden her to go there. So, he deducted, that was where they were.

He set off out the dining room and was back in the corridor, he then went to the kitchen, through the other door and headed along down to the gym. He opened the door and scanned around the big room. He couldn't see them, and he couldn't hear any scuffing shoes against the wooden floor. But there were still the showers and the change rooms. He walked over to the change rooms and there a dilemma presented itself. The girls or the guys. He decided that he would sacrifice his dignity and headed into the girls changerooms. Fortunately there were no classes on, so there were no girls to scream and yell at him. He'd had that unlucky experience once when he and Marie had had a fight while she was pregnant with Chloe. Somehow Marie thought that he thought she was fat, which he didn't. So she hid out in the girls change rooms. As an ultimate display of love he went in for her, and even though she thought he was an angel for sacrificing himself for her, the other half dressed girls who'd just heard what a mean schmuk he was, weren't so happy. Shaking it off, he did what he thought he'd never do again, he went into the girls change rooms. The things you do for love.

Instantly he heard whispers, and then he heard someone say "shush." He let the door shut loudly and then he said in his most commanding dignified voice, "Marie, Chloe, I know you're in here."

There were giggles from behind one of the locker rows, and then he heard the shuffling of feet. They were moving further away, to the back of the change rooms down towards the showers. Quietly he crept along and poked his head down every row. At the last row he walked down to the back. About 5 metres along the back wall opposite the front door, there was an alcove, which had about 6 showers in it. He knew that Marie and Chloe were in there, but they must have been hiding along the alcove side that he couldn't see. Quietly, with all the wolf powers he possessed he crept up to the edge of the alcove, all the while a plan formulating in his mind. He heard their breathing and deducted that they were standing right under the shower on the alcove side (the layout was the same as the guy's change room.) He edged right to the corner, then suddenly he spun round and for a split second faced them. His arm reached out and turned the handle of the shower. Before they knew it, Marie and Chloe were soaking wet. Marie spluttered around for a second, the seemed to regain her train of thought long enough to grab Logan and pull him under the cold shower too. Chloe giggled her delighted little giggled of having so much fun. The shoes lay discarded on the ground, getting wet too. Eventually throughout all the noise and commotion, Marie managed to find the tap and turned off the water. Soaked through and through, Marie picked up the wet shoes and socks and Logan scooped up Chloe in his arms. They trudged out of the gym, up the stairs and off to their room leaving a trail of water.

When they got back they all dried off and changed into warm dry clothes. Marie insisted that Chloe had a bath so that she didn't catch a cold. After they were all rugged up Logan turned the heater on and Chloe disappeared into her room. After about half an hour she emerged. She walked up to her dad and produced, from behind her back his dry shoes and socks. She had been drying them in front of her heater in her room. He was sitting down, so she crawled up onto his lap and carefully put them on his feet. They were all dry and nice and warm from the heater. Laughing he let her tie them up and then she snuggled down into his chest, this time without any little tricks.

Marie came out of her and Logan's bedroom all rugged up with her hair dried(she didn't need a cold either) and sat down next to them. Logan gently wrapped his arm around her and rested it beside her growing stomach. Chloe giggled and he turned back to look at her. She was gently poking Marie's stomach. Her look of concentration was evident, and Logan realised again how truly ahead of her time(he put it all down to Marie,) Chloe was. Without being told, she understood that she was going to have a baby sister or brother. Then she giggled again as she turned and looked at her dad's feet. His shoes and socks had been the cause of so much fun today. And it was days like these that she liked the most.

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2622