Memory Lost by Lili
Summary: Marie loses her memory, guess who finds her?
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2544 Read: 2559 Published: 03/31/2008 Updated: 03/31/2008
Story Notes:
To Miss Vicky, who got me to write this in return of her own fanfiction. Go read it the title is "Fire in the School."

1. Memory Lost by Lili

Memory Lost by Lili
It was a hot night at the mansion. Rogue was not able to sleep and since everybody else was asleep, she decided to go to the pool for a swim in her bikini. She would never risk exposing that much skin during the day, but since everybody was asleep or so she thought, she could go and cool herself down.

Now in the pool, she was swimming the length of it again and again in an attempt to chase the heat. She didn't notice the pair of yellow eyes, belonging to Mystique, that was watching her from a dark corner. After about an hour, she decided she was cool enough. When she got out of the pool, Logan was in front of her, she was surprised to see him there at that hour and a little scared since she had a lot of skin exposed at the moment and she didn't want to hurt him because he was her best friend. She wished he was more than that, but knew it would never happen. She said hello and turned around at the same time to pick her towel. Logan was nervous, he told her they had to hurry and get out of there because Magneto had escaped from his plastic cell. He said that Chuck had told him to take her somewhere safe while the others found him. She protested at first since she was now a member of the team and said she could help find him. Because of the incident of the Statue of the Liberty that happened four years ago, she decided to obey, go dress herself and leave with Logan.

Logan told her they would be on the road for a few hours. After her swim she was a little tired, so she decided to rest a little bit. When she woke up, she wasn't in the car anymore, she was in a dark cell. She didn't understand where she was and had a big bump on her head. Actually she didn't remember who she was either.

Magneto, who had really escaped, was happy to have captured Rogue, he wanted to have her on his team, wanted her to be a part of the Brotherhood of Mutant. With her mutation she would help him win the war he wanted to start against the humans. Magneto thought it would take him a long time to convince her, but he thought in time it would work. He decided to go talk to her, he was surprised to see that she had lost her memory and pleased at the same time. It would be easier that way for him to have her on his side. Since he was so nice with her, she believed him and now thought that the human race was the nemesis and that the X-Men must be destroyed.

The only problem was that she seemed to have lost her power of absorbing life and mutation of the living things. Magneto, somehow, was not able to help her getting it back. So he thought she was of no use for him anymore. In fact she was more a burden so he decided to leave her on a road in Canada so the X-Men would not find her anytime soon.

In the mean time at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Logan was wondering where Marie was, he hadn't seen her at breakfast, where they usually ate together, and neither during the entire day. It was not like her to not at least say hi to him once during the day. He went to talk to all her friends, nobody had seen her during the day. So he went to speak to Charles about this situation and asked him to use Cerebro to locate her. Unfortunately, the professor wasn't able to see where she was. He told Logan that there were two possibilities. First, she ran away and had managed somehow to block her mind so he wouldn't be able to trace her and the second is that something bad had happened to her and she was unconscious at the moment or dead, he thought to himself but rather not think too much about this possibility right now. He would try to locate her later. Logan could not believe she would have gone without saying a word to nobody, especially to him. So he decided to go look for her, with the Wolverine enhance sense of smell he could try to trace her. He took Scott's motorcycle and left.

He was able to pick up her smell. It led him to Magneto's, place where he was hiding, he soon noticed that she wasn't there anymore and since his priority was to find Marie he didn't bother to stop fight him, so he continued on the road. He was now at the border of Canada, he couldn't believe she was so far and probably on her own. The problem here was that her smell was now fading and he had trouble to find her trace anymore. Since he hadn't really stopped since he started looking for her, he decided to stop at a small diner to eat a little.

At the dinner Anna was working the night shift, she was happy to have found a job and a place to stay because it was real cold in the north of Canada even in summer. She had started this job yesterday, after she had been dumped on the road with no place to go. The first place she saw was this diner so she went inside to get warmer and to try, out of pity, to get some food, since she didn't have any money. The owner of the place was short of staff at the moment, so he offered her a job and a place to stay, if she accepted he would give her food too. Since she didn't have anywhere else to go and for the matter, she still didn't know who she was, she accepted the job. She decided to use the name Anna because she always found that name beautiful.

When Logan entered the dinner the first thing he saw was his Marie. He went directly to her. What he didn't plan, was for her to not recognize him.

"Marie," said Logan hugging her.

"Excuse me, mah name isn't Marie, it's Anna, and who are ya," moving away from him.

"Oh! I'm sorry, you just look so much like a girl I knew named Marie."

"It's okay, ah understand. Do you want something to eat?"

~It's her, she has her smell and the same accent that I find so cute.~ "Yes, I will take a steak and a beer."

"Fine, it won't take long, just sit."

After he left the dinner, Logan decided he would call the professor to tell him that he found her, but that she had lost her memory, so he would stay here for awhile with her. Every night he was going to the dinner to talk to Anna, he hadn't noticed the first time he saw her, but she was not wearing gloves. They were getting closer since he was there every night. He was now taking her out before she started to work. He realized at that time that he had always had some feelings for Marie, but he didn't want to go too far at that point because she was not herself. Tonight, before her work, they took a walk since the weather was mild. He was surprised when she took his hand in her bare one. He was waiting for the pull to start, but it didn't. He was amazed that she finally managed to control her mutation. He didn't tell her because she probably didn't know she was a mutant.

A month after his first meeting with Anna, Logan was starting to get down a little bit because Anna or should he say Marie was not getting any memory back and he didn't know how to convince her to leave this place because she seemed to like it. So he decided to tell her he was in love with her and asked her to follow him to New York, he knew the professor would probably be able to find a way to give her back her memories. After a few time, she accepted to leave her job and follow him because she had fallen in love with him too.

On the road back to the mansion, she was really anxious and wondered if she had made the good decision. She pushed those thoughts away because she knew she loved Logan and that he would not hurt her. When they arrived at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, everybody seemed to be happy to see them and called her Anna, not to confuse her, since Logan had called to tell Charles about Marie's problem.

After a few days, Anna already felt at home, it was like she knew all those people and she found that strange in some kind of way. Anna had already told Logan that she didn't remember anything before her life in Canada, it was like she had no past. He decided to tell her that the professor Charles Xavier and the doctor Jean Grey could help her with that because they were both telepathic. She refused at first afraid of what she might find, but in the end she accepted because she was curious about her past. She was meeting the professor and Jean each day, but it didn't seem to work, she still couldn't remember anything of her past. But one day, it finally all came back to her, the untouchable skin, her real name, Marie or should she say Rogue, her friends and especially her friendship with Logan.

After gaining back her memory, she realized she could now control her mutation and she was thrilled about it. The only problem was that she still remembered her time as Anna and most of all what Logan told her during that time, that he loved her. The thing is that she really had the same feelings for him, but now that she remembered everything, she knew that Logan said it to bring her back at the mansion and didn't mean it. After all she still had him in her head and knew that he only loved Jean. So she started to avoid him, because she thought that when she would see him he would tell her the truth and that would hurt her too much, she was not ready for that now.

Logan noticed he didn't see much of Marie since she got her memories back. He thought it was because she didn't have the same feelings towards him as when she was Anna. He wasn't so shocked because he knew she could do better than him now that she could touch anyone she wanted.

This evening she had trouble sleeping, it was still early so she decided to go for a walk in the garden. She arrived at her favourite spot because there was a bench at that place. So she sat and began to think about the past few days. She was so happy when she worked at the dinner, Logan was there and was caring about her, he even said that he loved her. But now, that she gained back her memory and was back at home, it's how she thought of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, she felt like she had lost something that could have been good. She started crying thinking about her pathetic life and because she knew Logan would never love her the way she loved him. She tried to control herself thinking that he was still her friend.

Logan was not sleeping either and because of his enhanced hearing he could hear somebody crying outside. He decided to go see what was happening. When he was outside, he found out that the person crying was his Marie. He wondered why she was sad, hurried up to where she was and sat down next to her. He asked her what was wrong, why she was crying. She said it was nothing, just some memories she had. He didn't believe her, he knew better and told her so. He asked her to tell him the truth. She decided to be honest, to tell him how she felt and said to him that however she understood that he really was in love with Jean and she just hoped they could be friends like before. He surprised her by telling that he didn't want to be friends with her. At that, she thought she was about to cry again, but then he said he wanted to be more than friends, that it was her that he loved and that what he said when she thought she was Anna was what he truly felt. She was crying again, but those were happy tears. He took her in his arms and dried away the tears with his thumbs, then he placed a kiss on her lips, after a few moments the kiss became more passionate. They talked a bit after and decided to take things slowly.

A month after their talk in the garden, he asked her to marry him and of course she agreed.



Epilogue

A little while after Marie came back at the mansion, the X-Men managed to capture back Magneto with the information that Wolverine gave them about his hiding place. Magneto was then sent back to his plastic cell.

Three months after he asked her, they got married. Scott was Logan's best man, since they were getting along a little bit better. Marie was given away by the professor because he was almost a father to her and she asked Ororo, Jean, Kitty and Jubilee to be her bridesmaids. Everybody was happy that day, everything was perfect.

After the wedding ceremony, Logan and Marie went to an island in the Tropics that belonged to the professor Charles Xavier for their honeymoon. They finally reached the ultimate moment. Logan was a little scared to hurt her since it was her first time. He decided to take it slow and not listen to the Wolverine in him. He was breathless when he saw her in her black satin negligée. He immediately went to kiss her. The heat was rising on fast. He had trouble keeping his words to take this slow. He then let out a claw and tore the tiny straps that held the negligée in place, he then pulled it down. She was now naked in front of him, he found her so beautiful. He wanted to touch her everywhere, to taste her and finally to be inside her. She then found that he was too much dressed considering she had nothing on, so she decided to strip him of his satin boxers. They then kissed and touched each other. It then finally came to the moment where he would be inside her. He told her that it might hurt a bit. She wasn't scared and urged him to do it. It was a wonderful experience for them both.

Nine months after their honeymoon, Logan and Marie became happy parents of twins, a boy and a girl, named Anna and Hugh.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2619