Fanfiction Addiction by Sara
Summary: Rogue has a new pasttime.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Foof
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4476 Read: 2216 Published: 03/30/2008 Updated: 03/30/2008
Story Notes:
Something fun, and if you recognize all the 'letter writers,' more points for you!

1. Fanfiction Addiction by Sara

Fanfiction Addiction by Sara
Rogue sighed as she listened half-heartedly to Kitty and Jubilee rambling on about the latest fashion trend as the three young women ate dinner. She was really trying to pay attention, but as usual, her mind was elsewhere.

Like across the room where Logan and Scott were arguing about whatever sports game was on that night.

She knew it was stupid, but she couldn't help how her gaze and her thoughts always turned to him whenever he was anywhere in the vicinity.

It was actually quite pathetic, really.

Especially since in the six months Logan had been home, he'd made it perfectly clear he thought of her as nothing more than a favorite sister.

Despite everything she'd done to try and make him see the 19-year-old she now was ... as a woman.

God, she'd been so happy when he'd returned after a nearly three year absence. Sure he'd sent postcards and an occasional phone call, but now he was truly home to stay. They'd fallen easily into their 'brother/sister' relationship, because she'd known that was how Logan needed to see her at the time. She figured that would change with time, but so far, it hadn't.

And if was frustrating the hell out of her.

"Girl, if you don't stop staring you'll give what little is left of your self-respect away," Jubilee interrupted her friend's thoughts.

Rogue sighed and forced her attention back to her companions.

"Sorry," she managed, earning a sympathetic smile from Kitty.

"He's an idiot if he doesn't see it Rogue, you just have to move on," her friend offered cheerfully as she munched on a carrot.

"Girl's got a point Rogue honey," Jubilee chimed in as she sent a quick glance the Wolverine's way. "The man is definitely off the charts sexy, but if he's too stupid to see what's right in front of him, forget him," she finished, earning the hoped for smile from her friend.

"Thanks guys," Rogue replied dryly as she turned back to her food and sighed. "I don't know what else to do, I've tried everything to get him to notice that I'm not the 'kid' sister he sees me as, but nothing works," she ended morosely.

Her friends gave her sympathetic looks.

"Look girl, if he doesn't realize it, you've got to move on. I hate seeing you waste yourself on him when you've got several 'prospects' right in front of you," Jubilee murmured as she noted Remy headed their way.

Rogue noted the approach of the Cajun as well and sighed. She truly did like Remy, they'd even gone out a few times, but she knew it wasn't going to work. He wasn't made to be a one-woman man.

"There are te' most beautiful chere's in the school," he drawled as he slipped into the seat next to Rogue.

"Flattery will get you everywhere," Kitty flirted prettily as Remy smiled.

"But not I suspect, where I really want to get with Rogue here," he managed in a resigned voice.

Rogue simply laughed and patted him lightly on the arm with her gloved hand.

"I'm the last person you want to romance Remy, trust me on that one," she muttered, stealing another look at Logan.

Remy noted her glance and sighed.

"I know ma petite chere, but I must try, no?" he replied sadly, smiling in response to Rogue's soft smile as he turned his attention back to the other women at the table.

Rogue sighed as she watched Jean cross the room and slip into the seat next to Scott, noting the way their leader instinctively slipped his arm around her shoulder and she snuggled down against him, a smile on her face. She'd realized when Logan returned, that despite their flirting, Jean truly loved Scott and had no desire to act on Logan's flirtations. She knew too that Logan flirted with Jean more for the 'annoying Scott' purpose than any real affection. That was the one thing she was sure of, even though that knowledge didn't stop the sparks of jealousy that hit every now and then when she watched him enter flirt mode.

Why could he never be that way with her?

Why must she always be the 'kid' sister?

She forced down those torturous feelings as she watched Logan laugh at something Jean said.

This would not do.

She'd promised herself she wouldn't make a fool of herself over Logan, no matter how tempted she was.

She might want and love him with her entire being, but she'd be damned if she'd let the world see how deep her emotions ran.

She knew Jubes and Kitty had an idea, and Jean and the Professor as well, but everyone else seemed to have accepted the 'brother/sister' bond they'd established from day one.

God but she felt anything but 'sisterly' towards Logan!

She couldn't handle this anymore, being so close to him with her emotions so volatile, well, it was just too much for a woman to handle.

"Guy, sorry to eat and run, but I've got some studying to catch up on, I'll see you guys later?" she managed, grabbing her tray and muttering apologies as she left them to their conversation.

She was in such a hurry to leave the room and get away from Logan, she completely missed the heated stare the object of her affections shot her way.

She breathed a sigh of relief as she entered her room, thankful the Professor had agreed with her desire to live alone, less chance of endangering anyone with bare skin and all.

The peace and quiet was wonderful as well.

And it left her plenty of time to indulge in what she was fast coming to think of as her 'secret past time.'

Fanfiction.

Yes, Rogue would be the first to admit she'd gotten hooked on it.

She hadn't even noted its existence until about a year ago, when she'd stumbled across a fan site for her soap opera "Passions." She'd been frustrated as hell at the story line development, especially since the entire cast was in hell, literally. Although the saving grace was Timmy the talking doll. She had a soft spot for him and his "Princess." However, she'd grown frustrated with the romance of her favorite characters and was wishing she could have written a more satisfying storyline. When she'd clicked in curiosity on the 'fanfiction' link, a whole new world opened before her.

She'd been hooked, reading fanfiction like crazy from that point on. Every couple, every show she watched seemed to have a fanfiction fan base and she devoured it. There was something powerful in reading stories about characters you felt you knew and seeing how others saw their lives developing. It was addicting to read, and as she'd soon discovered, even more addicting to write.

She'd sent her first story out six months ago, ironically, the exact day Logan returned.

It had gotten so many positive responses, she'd continued. After all, her frustration over Logan's attitude towards her certainly lead to 'interesting' stories and moments. She felt she could express everything through characters, in a fictional world. It was a great release, especially when she was feeling so frustrated with her own life and her relationship, or lack there of, with Logan.

She'd been so upset lately with her "Logan obsession" as Kitty and Jubes called it, that she'd turned all those emotions and frustrations into a series of fictional stories.

Stories that were generating a lot more response than anything she'd written lately.

She had received 10 to 15 responses a day to what she'd titled the "Dangerous Love" series.

Feeling a spurt of excitement as she booted up her computer, a grin broke across her face as she signed onto her Internet account and noted the flagged mailbox.

She had mail.

Rubbing her hands together, she clicked on the small icon, laughing to herself as she noted she had quite a few messages.

All, it looked, in response to the latest chapter of "Dangerous Love."

Smiling, she opened the first email.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

WOW! I can't tell you how turned on I was by the latest chapter of "DL!" Talk about resolving 'unresolved sexual tension!' I must admit, I was in dire need of a cold shower at the end of the chapter, you CANNOT leave it there! I need more!

If I sound desperate, I am. While I know your story is a fictional one about a man and woman who work together and love each other but are too stupid, and hindered by 'medical problems' to do anything about it, I must say, it quite resembles my life. I too am involved with a man who has... well, a 'disorder' of sorts of his own that makes it impossible for us to be together. Not to mention a few 'blonde' hang-ups from a past relationship and the minor fact that he becomes a serious 'danger' to society when he gets extremely happy. So I feel for Mark and Elizabeth in your story, amazing how like my real life it seems.

Anyhow, I just wanted you to know how much I'm enjoying "DL" and can't wait for more! I can escape my own troubled love life for a few moments by getting immersed in yours.

Oh by the way, thanks for your kind responses to my "Dark Night" series, I too am working towards a 'climactic' next chapter, I think you have inspired me! Great job, can't wait for more!

Angel's Lover


Rogue smiled at the message. Angel's Lover had been a frequent respondent over the past few months as they'd exchanged stories and ideas. In fact, the "Dark Night" series was one of her favorite ones out there, about two Private Investigators who were taking forever to get together. Angel's Lover obviously was writing her love problems into her stories, just as Rogue was. And the fact that someone was getting hope from her writing, well, twisted as that might have sounded, she had to admit, it made her feel better. Maybe Angel's Lover and her man could work things out.

At least it sounded like she wasn't alone in a problematic relationship.

With a sigh, she clicked on the next email.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

What a wonderful chapter of "DL!" I must admit, I've been waiting for it with bated breath, you have such a way of making the emotions of your Mark and Elizabeth shine through, despite all their problems. And I can't believe the 'steam' they generate together! Even the special ways they find to 'touch' each other, despite Elizabeth's medical condition, well, they had me rushing for a cold shower! Do say you're going to explore that aspect of the relationship even more in the next chapter? Please?

I know I probably sound obsessed, but I have to admit, I so enjoy fanfiction about couples who work together and then finally admit they love each other. In fact, that describes my life to a "T" to tell you the truth. My husband and I worked together for five years, and went through hell, several relationships and a broken (thank God) engagement before we got it right, and we've been together ever since! So I guess what I'm saying is I can empathize with your characters over loving someone who doesn't seem to get it. It took a good knock on the head, a healthy dose of jealousy and a few too many chorus's of "Waltzing Matilda" (don't ask) to get my husband to realize he loved me, and didn't think of me as his 'partner and best friend.' But it was worth it in the end, and I couldn't be happier!

I do hope Mark and Elizabeth find that happiness, but have some fun along the way! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter!

MacRabb


Rogue laughed through the lump in her throat. MacRabb had also been a constant respondent to her stories over the past few months, and Rogue always looked forward to her correspondence. Now she was intrigued by the "Waltzing Matilda" line. Sounded like MacRabb and her husband led an interesting life. She'd have to remember to ask what they did for a living and how the Australian folk song fit into it.

And if it could work for her.

Well, at least someone was happy in a relationship.

She sighed as she wondered what it would take to get Logan to see how much she loved him.

Maybe she'd try "Waltzing Matilda" just for the heck of it.

Laughing to herself she clicked on her third email.

"WIN 1,000,000 INSTANTLY BY CLICKING ON "REPLY"!"

She hit the delete button immediately. She hated these spam ads but knew there were worse things to get in one's email. With a sigh, she moved on to the next message.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

Okay, that chapter rocked! I think it was the steamiest one I've read in a long time and I can't wait for Mark and Elizabeth to 'consummate' their relationship. Please tell me you'll elaborate in detail when it happens!

Sound like I'm 'smut' obsessed? Well, I am! I can't tell you how vicariously I live through your fanfiction. Probably because my love life sucks. Not that you wanted to know, but it kind of mirrors Mark and Elizabeth. I'm in love with a guy I work with, but due to a certain 'problem' that he has, we can't be together. Well, I'm willing to give it a try, but he's too worried about 'hurting me.' I can't tell you how frustrating that is, although if, as I suspect, Mark and Elizabeth are based on your personal experience, I think you might understand. Anyhow, I'm drawing hope from your stories, if they can find a way to get around their 'problems,' I'm sure we can too.

Okay, now that I've talked your ear off, I'll end. Again, great chapter, can't wait for more!

NatKnight


Rogue sighed, feeling Nat's pain. She'd corresponded several times with her, feeling a strange connection to this woman. Probably helped that she lived in Toronto, someplace Rogue had always wanted to visit. But it was somewhat comforting to know that there were other 'men with problems' as they'd taken to calling them in their emails, out there. She made a mental note to send Nat a reply with something optimistic, though for the life of her she couldn't think what.

Sighing, forcing her mind back to the present, she opened the next email.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

Another great chapter! I'm fascinated by the ways Mark and Elizabeth find to 'express their desire' despite Lizzy's medical condition. There's something about the way you write these stories, it just touches me. And the steamier they are the better!

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I print out each chapter as you write them, and read them to my husband. Let's just say they're pretty 'inspiring.' And for my husband, that's saying something because he's usually pretty inspired! But then again, I think we both understand the 'working together/loving each other' relationship, since we've been partners for years and it took us five years to get it together. Oh the stories we'll have to tell our children.

Anyhow, thanks for the wonderful chapter, and my husband thanks you too! Can't wait for more!

RitaLee


Ah RitaLee.

Rita was the first person who'd ever emailed Rogue a response, to her very first story. She'd come to enjoy the tidbits of Rita's life she learned from these little emails, including the fact that Rita obviously loved and was loved by her husband.

She wondered what it would feel like to be loved like that by Logan.

She'd probably never find out.

The depressing thought stayed with her as she opened the next email.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

These chapters just keep getting better and better! Not only do I love the 'steam,' I'm really enjoying the mystery as well. It's not often you find a love story that's got a supernatural (of sorts) twist. At least I'm guessing that's where you're taking this? You're probably laughing at me, but then again, I've seen things that would probably make Elizabeth run screaming into Mark's arms. NOT that that would be a bad thing, but the principle of the matter you understand?

Oh, my partner (and fiancee) wants me to tell you he's enjoying the story as well. Not only do the 'steamy' scenes inspire us both, he's fascinated by this 'medical condition' you've given Elizabeth. Understand though, that my husband and I are extremely interested in strange 'conditions.' Remind me sometime to tell you about our jobs.

Anyhow, just wanted to say another great chapter and I hope the next one will be out soon... with plenty more steamy scenes!

Dana Luder


Rogue laughed as she finished Dana's message. Funny that they were fascinated by Elizabeth's condition. She'd made her character have, what else, untouchable skin, but had created some fabricated medical reason for it, to avoid any 'mutant' issues. Luckily, no one had seemed to get it was a real condition, but she suspected Dana had her suspicions.

Knowing Dana was also a medical doctor probably helped. But for some reason, she didn't feel strange about it. Probably because Dana had become a good email friend over the past few months. Maybe someday she'd actually tell Dana about her 'mutation.'

Sighing, she clicked on the next email.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

I am a new reader to fanfiction, but your stories caught my attention immediately. I must say, I've just read "Dangerous Love" up to the current chapter, and found myself in need of a cold shower. Not a lot of stories do that to me anymore. (Although my roommate would probably disagree) Anyhow, I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this story. Although, being a bit jaded on romance itself, and the fact that I believe there's no such thing as a 'one-woman' man, I have to admit, I'm rooting for Mark and Elizabeth to get together... and hopefully find it lasting and Mark being happy with Lizzy for a long time to come.

Sorry if I sound jaded but I was just recently dumped by my boyfriend in favor of a 'new cow' as I call the new woman in his life so I'm a bit sour on romance. But your story has me rooting for love again! Now if only I can get my roommate to feel the same. (He's a bit jaded on romance too, a new girl every weekend if you can believe it!)

Anyhow, hope I don't sound too deranged, but I love this series and hope the next part will be out soon! I can't wait to see where it's going! I look forward to reading more from you very soon!

OldCow


Rogue burst out laughing at the woman's signature.

"Old Cow" was a new responder and Rogue had to admit, her story sounded fascinating.

Not to mention the fact the woman must have read those crazy columns in that men's magazine written by some really old, really strange foreign doctor who had started the "New Cow/Old Cow" theory. The theory had actually sparked some heated discussion among the mansions residents, Scott and Jean in particular.

Rogue smiled as she remembered Jean asking Scott if he would someday go looking for a "new cow."

Scott's strangled response had reduced the room of X-Men to hysterical laughter, and inspired a look of glee on Logan's face.

Rogue sighed as she remembered the moment.

She wondered if Logan had 'new cows' every week. She wouldn't put it past him. After all, she saw the women who came and went from the mansion with him.

It hurt, but she was getting used to it.

She had no choice.

Feeling thoroughly depressed now, she forced herself to forget her feelings and opened the next message.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

Just wanted to say I stumbled over your lovely stories while perusing the Internet for articles on actors I intend to interview... someday. Don't know how I got onto your page, I think was looking for article on Hugh Jackman or something, but am so glad I found your stories! I love "Dangerous Love" and Mark and Elizabeth... what a couple! I wonder, did you ever see the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice?" The one with Colin Firth? For some reason, I keep picturing your Mark as "Mr. Darcy." Then again, it could just be my obsession with Colin Firth. I actually interviewed him once, but am afraid that did not go too well. Oh well.

Anyhow, just moved to LA with my boyfriend, a barrister, or lawyer I guess you call them here and have been trying to freelance write. Now am wondering if I just shouldn't give it all up and start writing fanfiction. Either that or publish the 'diary' I've kept for the past year. Bet someone would just love my tangled and confused life. Might make a great movie someday, though why anyone would want to read about my neurotic life boggles the mind.

Oh dear, I look at this message and sounds more like a ramble on my v.v. strange life. Sure you did NOT want to know all that, so back to point. I love this story and really hope to read more soon! Smashing job, I look forward to the next chapter!

BJDarcy


Rogue smiled to herself at the message. It never ceased to amaze her the way people seemed to pour out their lives to her in these responses. She supposed it was because everyone wanted to talk to someone about their love lives, or lack there of.

It was interesting to hear, although she couldn't help but wish she had the simple problems they seemed to have. Although, simple was probably relative to one's self. Deadly skin might be her major problem, but other 'problems' probably could be just as detrimental to some of these relationships.

But despite it all, it was good to know she wasn't alone.

And that people liked her writing.

Maybe she should actually write something like a novel. Not that X-men missions and her college correspondence courses left a lot of time for writing, but she managed fanfiction, why not a novel?

Or even a screenplay? Surely someone might find the story of her and Logan's meeting, the X-Men and the whole Magneto/Statue of Liberty plot interesting enough to read? Maybe make a movie of?

Right.

She sighed, knowing she was dreaming big, figuring she'd be lucky if she could make Mark and Elizabeth resolve things to her satisfaction.

Which would include a very detailed, long, drawn out love scene.

She'd gotten close with the 'steam' factor and foreplay in her latest chapter, but was hoping for some inspiration before writing the actual 'consummation.'

Not that she was totally uninspired.

Despite what many thought, she wasn't a virgin.

She'd given that to the boy from town she'd dated the year after Logan had left. She'd liked Chris well enough, and he wasn't as afraid of touching her. Besides, she'd wanted to know what lovemaking was like. And thought she held out hope Logan would show her, she knew it probably wouldn't happen. So she'd let Chris take her virginity one night in the backseat of his car.

It hadn't been too bad, but nothing earth shattering like she'd read about.

She hadn't regretted it, but things with Chris hadn't lasted. He'd eventually become frustrated with not being able to touch her freely and they'd split up. They'd stayed friends until Chris left town for a job in Florida.

She hadn't heard from him since.

So, she had one, not so great experience in reality, and plenty of imagination to draw inspiration from.

But she had to admit, she wished she had a little more of a concept about what she wanted to write.

Especially if Logan were the one to give her that experience.

Right.

Even though the though sent a delicious bolt of arousal through her body, she knew Logan would most probably never be the one to satisfy it.

She sighed, rubbing her forehead, determined to write the steamiest chapter of "Dangerous Love" the next day, after a good night's sleep and a re-reading of several of her favorite 'erotic novels.' (Novels she kept hidden, not wanting Kitty or Jubes to know she read. For inspirational purposes only of course.)

With a sad sigh, she clicked on her last email.

Her face paled and her heart stopped as she read the final message.

Dear Wolve's Marie:

Interesting what you find on one's computer when one is looking for information on-line.

You might want to be more careful of slugging files "Marie's Stories," after all, you never know who might click on them by accident or curiosity.

You might also never realize how aroused said person might get while reading the exploits of Mark and Elizabeth.

Or should I call them Logan and Marie?

Then again, if you look over at the doorway, you might just realize something else entirely.

Marie's Wolverine


Oh God.

Please no.

There was no way in hell he could have read her stories, or even known about them.

Was there?

She read the final sentence one more time.

"Then again, if you look over at the doorway, you might just realize something else entirely."

Taking a deep breath, heart pounding, she turned her head towards the door.

And stopped breathing at the man standing in the doorway.

Logan.

Wearing the most aroused expression she'd ever seen on his face.

Looking at her like he wanted to devour her.

A delicious shudder went through her body as he stepped into the room and closed the door, locking it behind him.

She remained silent as he stalked over to her and flipped off the computer.

Then he smiled.

A sexy smile that she'd fallen in love with the first time she'd seen it.

"Are you ready to become my Marie?" he growled softly as he slipped his arms around her waist.

Rogue wondered if she would ever breathe again, much less speak.

This had to be a dream.

It couldn't be real.

Could it?

But as she looked into his eyes, she knew it was as real as it got.

She wasn't going to take it for granted.

With a smile, praying it wasn't a dream, she wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered "I've always been your Marie, you've just been too stupid to notice."

With a low growl, Logan swept her off her feet and carried her over to the bed.

"Not anymore," he growled.

Rogue's last thought before she lost herself in his arms was that the next chapter of "Dangerous Love" was going to be one HELL of a smutfest.

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2607