Have You Ever? by Sable
Summary: "Women are supposed to be afraid of guys like him."
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: I'm Only Happy When It Rains
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 630 Read: 1990 Published: 03/21/2008 Updated: 03/21/2008
Story Notes:
Thanks to Marisa for the beta read.

1. Have You Ever? by Sable

Have You Ever? by Sable
We walk towards the mansion in silence. He knows the news and now his hand holds mine tighter. But he didn't say a word about what is going to happen this night. I look at him and the situation reminds me of an old joke that I once heard. You know, about an old man and his very young wife. I think of the punchline in my head: "Honey, what are we going to do now if you don't know yet and I already forgot?"

He's had to have women in these 15 years, I guess, he is a man after all. From the other hand, I know him well enough to know he's not friendly. Women are supposed to be afraid of guys like him. If I were a normal girl, I would probably be afraid of him too.

"Karen Sopp," he says, not looking at me.

"What?"

"The only woman I can remember doing it with."

And again the idea comes into my head: he can't read my thoughts, but he can feel them.

"Did you like it?"

He throws his cigar down into the golden leaves and looks down to it, his eyes reflecting the last sparks.

"It was an experiment," he says with the voice of an iron killing-machine.

I heard John was calling Logan "Terminator" behind his back. Of course, he was afraid to call him that to his face. Logan is still the animal, after all. He became softer, nicer (even to Cyclops), but he still is my silver wolf from the northern forests. So no wonder that John prefers to leave his stupid jokes for himself. Plus, he has Piotr for the role of Terminator.

"I wanted to see if I could control my claws in moments of sexual excitement. She was a cage dancer in one of the hundreds of bars I've been in. And she didn't look very ugly. So I chose her."

My colorful dreams begin to get darker. I don't like that "she was" part at all. I thought I was the only problem.

"So what happened to her?" I finally dare to ask.

"Ummm, Karen? In the morning she said I was very sweet and then left, taking my wallet with her."

I start to laugh with relief. I was already picturing body parts being thrown around the bed. Logan starts to laugh with me. Then he squeezes my arm and asks, "So, tonight?"

The butterflies in my belly begin to tickle me. And also I feel something else. I don't know what the smart people call it, but something is burning between my legs when I see the strange, completely new green sparks in his eyes.

"Yeah. After the lesson in aerodynamics."

"Do you need them?" he asks, with disappointment in his voice.

"Ororo needs a second pilot and Ms. Grey is not very well, so..."

"What about our fearless leader Mr. Summers?"

I said he became nicer but it doesn't mean that he became a best buddy with our leader. Not at all.

I lean closer to him and whisper, "Mr. Summers has his own problems."

Logan's starting to get interested. "Really?"

I, of course, understand that I'm doing not a very good thing, but I keep no secrets from Logan. Plus, after our last session in Danger Room I could barely walk--Mr. Summers sometimes mistakes our school with a military base.

"I suspect that he's colorblind," I say and immediately feel ashamed, the blushing covering my cheeks with red spots. "I saw him playing lines in the office during the break."

Logan smiles, baring his teeth like an animal. He will have something to say during their next "conflict of interest." He holds me closer to him, and we start to walk faster.

THE END
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2593