The Proposal, Retort and Consequence by Lee
Summary: A tragedy is averted, a miracle occurs and a proposition is made.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4214 Read: 4257 Published: 03/21/2008 Updated: 03/21/2008

1. The Proposal, Retort and Consequence by Lee

The Proposal, Retort and Consequence by Lee
"I want us to have sex," Rogue spluttered, too nervous to word it more gentile; and the mighty Wolverine dropped his tumbler of whiskey onto the concrete garage floor. They both watched as it splintered into a thousand pieces, staring in avid fascination as the amber colored liquid stretched out over the cracks and groves, they watched as in slow motion the liquid pooled and began to lap at Logan's boot. It was then that he snapped.

"You what kid?" His voice was hushed and toneless in that way only Logan had of sounding gruff when he was nervous, the hitch in his breathing was minuscule but noticeable to Rogue who knew what to listen for. It was this along with the wide, guarded stare he tossed her way that gave Rogue the strength to lift her head and look him right in the eye, challenging almost and defiantly braver than she was.

"I want to have sex...bang the gong...screw like bunnies...the vertical mumbo...bump and grind...get down and dirty...you know sex, S.E.X" she spelt it out like a simpleton.

"You...want...to...have...sex" Logan slowly articulated each word, gradually, clearly as if trying to wrap the concept around his own mind.

"Yes, I want to have sex," pausing she looked him straight in the eye. "With you," she clarified having seen he had left out the most important aspect of her plan.

"Sex with me...you," he parroted back at her.

"Yes," her tone was that which she would use with a petulant three-year old. "Me, you, us together having sex," and he gulped visibly, the action causing his Adams apple to seemingly quiver. His eyes were wide with disbelief.

"You want us to have sex?"

"Yes Logan that's exactly what I want." Suppressing the urge to pat him on the head in congratulations at having finally grasped it she settled for his hand, looking into his startled eyes. "You don't need to give me an answer straight away, think about it. I'll be waiting." With that she left, not looking back she heard Logan's stunned "sex" echo off the empty garage walls.



It had taken Rogue four days even with the gauntlet of time hanging over her head to approach Logan the first time to make her request. To his credit it only took him two. That's why she was so shocked when she opened her bedroom door to see him standing outside it. Hands in the pockets of his jeans, t-shirt taunt over his chest and arms, head cocked sideways, eyes still wide and veiled.

"We need to talk," Logan drawled and grabbed her arm when she moved aside to let him in the room. "Not here." And he waited for her nod before pulling her down the hall.

Not a word was spoken as he led her out of the house and into the garden to the woods that lined the property. It was dark but she knew he could sense where he was going and even if he couldn't she knew. He was taking her to the spot where it had happened, where she had been grabbed. She shuddered at the memory of groping hands on her hips and breasts, of stale breath as the man had forced himself against her, the scream of pure anger and hate as Logan had flung him against the tree.

The thing she remembered the most was that her attacker had worn gloves. Gloves in the middle of summer that had left seam marks on her face as he hit her.

There had been two miracles that day, one that saved her from the mind of a mad man and one that saved her from her own isolation. They had both come from the hands of one man.

"I need to know if you want me or if it's only because of this," Logan whispered as he spun towards her, placing his naked hand on her check, his eyes closing at the sensation as she snuggled into his caress.

They had arrived at the clearing and she tore her eyes to his as he breathed "Marie," tears welling in her own at the wonderment of touch, Logan's touch, as she felt it again for the first time in two days.

The miracle of touch.



Nobody, not even Jean could explain how it had happened exactly. When Logan had arrived at the clearing for their usual lunch date he had found something other than his Marie. There had been a man straddling her, slapping her, but she had still fought, the nail marks on his face a testament to the fact that at one point she had been winning.

All he saw was red as he had grabbed the man off her and flung him at the nearest tree, claws unsheathed to finish the job he had left the unconscious man at Marie's whimper and her anguished "Logan."

Gathering her into his arms he had sensed rather than saw the others, Scott and `Ro restraining the unconscious man and Jean kneeling to see to Marie. He had placed kisses on her forehead, her check, kissing away every bruise. Logan had felt the pull and been grateful for it, but then it had just stopped.

Stopped and he was still kissing her.



"So is it Marie, is it me you want or am I just convenient because I'm the only one that can touch you?" His voice was husky and loving, his question one of need not condemnation and all Rogue could do was stare, bewildered that he didn't know.

"You Logan, I want you, just you."

He sighed, looking into her deep brown eyes, their endless depth a wash with emotion so deep he swallowed in pain that one so young had seen so much. His heart was ecstatic but he cursed himself seven shades of fool. He loved her, he wanted her, he could have her, he just knew he shouldn't, knew it was wrong to selfishly grasp onto everything that she was offering. Grasp onto her, his life, his savior.

He was seven times a fool and a bastard to boot because he was pretty sure he didn't care that it was wrong, didn't care that he should let her go, let her experience life without his cynical, jaded ass tagging along for the ride.

But as he looked down at Marie, her wide eyes brimmed with tears, love and hope; he knew he couldn't say no. He'd known it was him not just the sex; she wasn't that unimaginative that she could have sex with anyone she wanted, even with her skin. The thing was she only wanted him and Logan reveled in that fact. As much as he knew that he should speak words of love, voice all the feelings that only she had ever evoked within him, the frightening feelings of peace, desire, contentment, love; the words of forever, he found he couldn't. He couldn't get them past the lump of need welling in him, the stirring of long suppressed desire.

He shock with need, his hands visibly trembling as he reached towards her face, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear. He didn't want to screw this up, he was nervous, sweating, shaking, petrified all at the hands of one girl, one perfect creature who was his, who wanted to be his.

He'd never done this before; this action where ones body was used to worship another, this action where it wasn't solely about him, this action where it was only about her.

He didn't want to have sex, he wanted...

"I want to make love to you," his voice was no more than a rush of air but he knew she heard, knew she sensed the difference as she had never used that terminology in her proposal, knew that he was offering her more than just a quick tumble.

As he caressed her face one last time before leaving silently to lead the way back to the mansion he hoped she knew the difference.

The mighty Wolverine could no longer simply just have sex. He wanted nobody but her but it came at a price.

It meant forever.



Rogue was winning, it had taken Logan two days to return to her, it took her all of thirty minutes to make her decision once he left her at her door. Most of that time had been spent in preparation trying to work out what to wear, pinching some of Jubilee's condoms, a battle in and off itself. She'd never really looked at them before and really didn't know the difference but had grabbed the thin for greater sensation kind simply because she loathed the idea of anything separating them now that she could finally touch him.

She knew Logan would have some of his own, the gesture was just that, a gesture to show him she was serious, to show him she knew exactly what she was getting into. She wanted forever too, had wanted nothing else but.

He loved her and she was ecstatic but there were still some issues to sort through. That's why she'd worn the coat over her silk nightie, the green one she'd had when they meet.

Rogue let herself into Logan's room and stopped short when she saw him, goose bumps rising along ever beautiful naked piece of skin as he stepped out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped low on his waist. She moaned at the sight and he spun towards her, nearly losing the towel, causing her to almost whimper in need at the flash of strong upper thigh and quick glimpse of his resting manhood. She felt weak in the knees, the fact that she could touch him; really touch him, that he was hers for the taking was enough to almost cripple her with want.

His groaned "Marie," was his undoing, forgotten were her plans of talking first as she dropped the coat and rushed him.

She collided with his cold, wet chest at the same moment he raised his arms to catch her, the towel dropping to the floor, naked wet Logan in her arms she snuggled against him, her hands grasping his back muscles. He'd taken a cold shower, she could tell and it warmed her to know she had affected him. Arousal was the only reason he would have taken one; he hated cold showers said they made him feel like a hairy cold wet dog rather than simply a wet one. She hugged him that much tighter and he grunted.

"Yes," she whispered, kissing his chest just where his heart beat it's accelerated pace not going unnoticed. Logan's arms crushed her to him as he pressed his lips to her hair.

"You sure Marie?"

"Yes, I love you Logan," and he gave a little laugh in amazement.

"You must be crazy Marie to want me, to love me, to contemplate forever with me."

"And you're not?" The question was asked to his face as she raised her head from his chest, lifting one perfectly shaped eyebrow. He laughed again, at once almost carefree.

"I love you Marie," and he was made a man. An incredibly horny man.

"Show me," she whispered.

So he did.

First he kissed her, an activity he deemed would have to be repeated at every available opportunity. He pressed his lips to hers almost chastely; his hands framing her face and pulling her onto her toes to better align them. She was nervous and hesitant, unsure of her own beauty, unsure in her nativity that she was all he would ever need. He sensed it and whispered his love across her mouth, licking her parted lips before pulling his own back a fraction of an inch and blowing softly against them. The shivers that racked her small frame the most erotic thing he had ever known.

Logan kissed her for what seemed an eternity, nibbling at her lips and kissing the surrounding skin. Her checks were kissed, her nose, her forehead, each eyelid, the dip of an indent of her lips just under her nose was licked, her chin was given a swirl of his tongue, her earlobe was taken between his front teeth and pulled, ever so slightly, downwards until she went mad.

Raising ever instinct she had, every wet dream David had accumulated, every encounter Magneto had had, ever kiss Logan had ever received, she could find nothing to compare, nothing as perfect, as loving as the attention bestowed on her at the moment and she pulled him towards her. A glimpse of gold-flecked hazel eyes, desire burning so bright even she could not mistake it. She pulled him towards her parted lips and licked along Logan's full bottom lip, bringing it between her teeth and biting when she heard him growl.

After that, all bets were off as he crushed her to his nakedness, hard lines against silk covered softness, the hard press of his erection burning into her stomach as he swept every inch of her mouth with his tongue.

The kiss was everything she had ever thought and more, as Logan was forced to raise his head for air leaving her breathless, knees weakened and collapsing, his own body rigid with desire.

"We need to move this to the bed," she never knew which one of them said it but she couldn't agree more with the sentiment.

Logan kissed her, pulling her up his body till her feet dangled above the ground and walked her to the bed, her arms tight around his neck, fingers sprayed through his glorious, wet hair, the sent of him intoxicating. She twirled a leg around his left calve, instinct fitting her body tighter into his and they both growled, then laughed giddily at the sound, his low and feral, hers breathless. There laugher still ringing around them they tumbled onto the bed, Logan stretched out on top of her, Rogue's legs spread around him, her knees lifted to hug his thighs and press her core into his hardness, grinding against him without thought.

It snapped something inside him and he pushed against her, looking into her passion drugged eyes and asking again if she was sure.

Of course she said yes, or at least tried to, it came out more as a breathless moan of need but she was sure he understood as his hands skimmed up her sides, his fingertips lightly caressing her ribs until he cupped her silk covered breasts.

She was beautiful, gorgeous, sexy as hell and Logan couldn't quite comprehend that she was his. As his large hands cupped her soft full breasts through blue silk he was fascinated to watch her nipples harden even more, tenting the clingy material. Her every moan, whimper, sigh and hitched breath made his groin tighten and press against the wetness he could feel through her cotton panties. He managed to smirk at that, that she had obviously gone to so much trouble to find something sexy to wear, settling on the silk nightie but still practical enough to put on cotton underwear. That was one thing he adored about her, the contrast between sex kitten and naïve virgin, her lack of realization that he would find her the sexiest thing alive even in multi-colored tweed.

Her lips were parted and her eyes closed, her chest moving up and down with every rapid breath.

"Look at me Marie," he requested and unable to deny him anything she did, glancing down at him laying between her legs, his eyes a wash with need and love. He smirked before he did it, placing his mouth over her silk clad nipple and kissing it, the thumb of his other hand sweeping over its twin and she groaned having never even thought such feelings were possible.

That's when she realized in the hazy mush that was her brain that he was doing it through silk and she was hit by another wave of love for this man, her mate as she pushed at his shoulders.

"Stop, Logan stop" and he lifted his head in concern.

"Baby are you alright, did I hurt you, do you want to stop?" Rogue just grinned and shook her head, pushing him up a little so she could gather the silk in her hands and pull in up and over her head.

"No, I just want to feel you, your skin against mine." Logan shook his head, looking her in the eyes, never peaking lower though she knew he was dying to.

"We have forever baby, we can do this through the clothes," and she loved him all the more for putting to rest fears she didn't know she had.

"What if it doesn't last Logan, what if it fades? I want to know what it's like to touch you skin to skin. We have plenty of time for the rest, we may only have tonight for this." He smiled that ten watt smile his eyes ablaze.

"That's not going to happen baby, but if it does it won't matter, I love you, touchable skin or not."

"I love you too Logan." Then he looked down and saw her naked for the first time, clad only in cotton briefs and felt the air leave his body. He felt damn near light headed, god she was beautiful and he told her so with each touch, every caress, glance and word.

He took her neglected nipple into the warm cavern of his mouth and sucked and Rogue nearly exploded then and there. Silk was good, very very good, but this was better. She could feel every breath against every pore, feel the scrape of whiskers as he suckled, the callous skin as he swept his thumb over her sensitive nipple, his hand molding her breast, his erection pushing into her soaked panties.

Rogue's legs wrapped around him and her hands caressed his chest as he brought his face up to kiss her, his hands tangling in her hair, a growl vibrating through their bodies as she flicked a nipple with her fingernail before scrapping them down his stomach as far as she could reach, stopping just above the thin line of hair that led to his groin, and he shuddered, his teeth biting into her lip as she whimpered and pushed herself against him, grinding into his burning erection.

His hands stilled her hips in agony, he wouldn't last like that, and he brought his weight down on top of her as he kissed her chin, her neck, stopping to suck on her collar bone before being distracted again by her breasts. Her hands were all over him but he was fascinated with each wither, each moan as he categorized them all.

Sucking on her nipple caused her to whimper, a lick slow and long caused a hitch in her breathing followed by a panting as he nipped the skin under her breast. Working his way down he got a breathless giggle as he found that she was ticklish under her ribs, a growl as he kissed the indent that was her belly button, a groan when he dipped his tongue inside. Her hip bone caused a whimper, his claw light against her skin as it cut through her panties caused a shudder of anything but fear, the first wisp of his breath against her pubic hair a moan, his lips on her clit a scream that could have been his name and a shudder that ran from her toes to her head as she tightened her legs around his chest, cradling him to her, her hands in his hair.

The first sweep of his tongue inside her sent her to orgasm and he nearly came at the sight and sounds she omitted.

He was awed by the wonder of her, awed that he could cause her to loose control, awed that she trusted him enough to let herself. Just for that he held his tongue inside her as she came, licking the inside of her wet passage as it convulsed, content to cause her this.

Rogue was in heaven she had never even dreamed that feeling like these could exist, never dreamed that she could feel every pore in her skin shiver and contract. When she came down her throat was sore, her screams still echoing in the silent room, Logan's tongue still embedded within her. She was in love with a talented man, a very talented man.

"Log...Logan," she swallowed, pulling up on his hair, making him slide against her body with a reluctant groan at having to leave her. He flattened himself against her naked form, twirling his fingers in her hair and kissing her.

"I love you baby, god I love you" he whispered against her mouth and she whimpered again still fighting the shuddering force of her orgasm.

"Logan please, I want you inside me Logan," her eyes caught his and she noticed they were black with arousal and restrained need. God bless him he asked again.

"Are you sure?" and she smiled.

"Yes."

Rogue had meant to let him go when he had veered up on his knees to pull on the condom he had gotten from the bedside table but her first real good look at him stopped her. She was on her knees in front of him in an instant, pushing his hand away from his engorged flesh.

The curiosity was coming off her in waves and Logan managed to reign in his desire as he watched her curious face as she pushed him back on the bed. At the first touch of her hand lightly surrounding his hard flesh he vowed to all the gods above that if he survived this he would never swear again, at the first slide of her hand along his flesh he broke his promise, a harsh "Jesus Christ" springing from his lips his hand swatting hers away. At the swipe of her tongue over the underside of his penis he nearly died, when she gently licked the tip, swiping up the precum and tenderly taking his tip into her mouth he lost all control and sprung away from her, pushing her on her back and latching onto her nipple, her contented sex kitten look quickly being replaced with need.

This time he managed to get the condom on and positioning himself against her wetness, weight on his elbows, he twirled her hair in his fingers and kissed her, slowly pushing into her incredible tightness.

At the first push Rogue tensed slightly, unsure as it burned faintly, stretching her to accommodate Logan's pulsing manhood. He was going so slowly, concern etched in his face as she lifted a weak hand to stroke his check in reassurance, his body tensing even more as he pushed a little more into her, her legs wrapping around him she smiled and surged against him, impatient, then froze.

It hurt, the stretching, burning feeling that was pleasant was replaced by a stinging as Logan was roughly pushed through her hymen by her clamped legs around his hips. He swore at her gasp, kissed her tears and whispered sweet nothings as he stayed still within her.

"Shh baby, its o.k., it'll stop in a minute. I love you, love you so much, you're so beautiful, sexy, so perfect. I love you."

And then the pain eased being replaced by something else, something Rogue didn't quite know and Logan smiled at her confused look, her need for something she couldn't quite grasp. "Always so damn independent, have to do everything the hard way don't you honey?" She whimpered, "Logan please, help me," and he did, slowly, ever so slowly pulling out until he was just inside her before pushing back in to the hilt. This time there was no pain just a pleasure so intense Rogue nearly past out.

"I love you," she whispered, grasping his forearms and leaning up to kiss and nip at his neck as he thrust within her. Thrusting slowly in a steady rhythm that was driving them both insane. Rogue could feel the tingling begin again only this time so much more intense as the convulsions started rippling through her core, pulsing against Logan's penis, and she screamed the sound being muffled by Logan's growl as he came, pulsing inside her in liquid heat, his eyes catching hers, the love in them immeasurable, unending.

He collapsed, gathering her to him and turning them both over till she straddled him, the change in position forcing him deeper inside her and she moaned again as a mini convulsion of muscles clamped onto him before falling exhausted against his chest, wrapped in his arms, Logan's hands stroking her sweaty back, their breath mingled in small pants of exertion.

"I love you Marie."

"I love you too, Logan."

He grinned down at her as she kissed his chest. "Now I do believe this is better than sex, don't you think?" and she laughed, remembering her proposal.

"I really wouldn't know, I've never had sex." With love in his eyes he caressed her cheek.

"We never will either Marie."

"Good, sex could never compare with this Logan." And as Rogue began to drift to sleep she heard him whisper.

"Nothing could compare to this baby, nothing."

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2588