Not Forgotten #23 by Khaki
Summary: Rogue's turn.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Not Forgotten
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 482 Read: 1809 Published: 03/01/2008 Updated: 03/01/2008

1. Not Forgotten #23 by Khaki

Not Forgotten #23 by Khaki
'It's so quiet,' Rogue thought to herself after riding quietly for several minutes. Even with the roars of the motorcycles, everything was eerily calm to her. The voices were gone, absorbed into or pushed out of her mind. She was in total control of her own body for the first time since she'd kissed David. There were no inner comments on what she was thinking, no instructions or commands, no committee judging everything that she did. There was just her. Rogue. Not Marie. It was almost lonely.

Of course, there were advantages to being Rogue. Marie'd never been on a motorcycle in her life. Rogue could ride like a pro. Marie'd never had any combat training. Rogue could take on Sabretooth and win.

On the other hand, Logan hadn't sacrificed himself to save Rogue's life. That was for Marie. He'd comforted Marie. He'd promised to take care of Marie. What would he think of Rogue, who could take care of herself? Rogue, who had pieces of Marie, Carol, and Logan all mixed together into one person. Logan had fought against Carol because he wanted to get Marie back. Would he be satisfied with Rogue?

Rogue was interrupted from her contemplations when Jubilee grunted and shifted in the jacket.

"Jubes?" Rogue asked.

She was only answered with more shifting, and balance was starting to become an issue.

"Jubes, stop moving," Rogue shouted over the sound of the motor and the wind whipping past them.

Jubilee grunted more loudly, and the shifting turned into jerky spasms. The motorcycle tilted right and then left in response to Jubilee's awkward movements.

Rogue screamed as she tried to get the cycle under control and brake at the same time. She brought them to a stop and wrenched her and Jubilee out of the jacket that Logan had loaned her.

Jubilee almost fell off the bike, but Rogue was able to catch her in mid-air and slowly lower her to the ground. She was seizing spastically, strange grunting noises coming from her mouth as her body bucked and jerked.

Logan gunned his engine and looped around, stopping his bike next to Jubilee's.

"What happened?" he asked.

"She's having some sort of seizure," Rogue responded, not bothering to look up from her injured friend. Jubilee started pounding her head against the ground as she shook, and Rogue moved beneath her, putting Jubilee's head in her lap in an effort to keep her from further harm.

There wasn't anything they could do but wait.

After several minutes, Jubilee's seizure slowed, then stopped. Once Rogue made sure she was still breathing, she gently set her head down on the ground, and then stood up.

"Jubilee needs help now. Logan, stay with her. I'll be back soon."

Before Logan could say anything, Rogue took off, flying through the sky in a direction she hoped would lead to a town and a telephone.

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2501