Black by Alee
Summary: Rogue and Logan have daily meetings. Of course, there's a twist.

Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 515 Read: 1589 Published: 05/09/2003 Updated: 05/09/2003

1. Chapter 1 by Alee

Chapter 1 by Alee
She comes every night now, to visit me. I canīt say I mind because I enjoy her company. It makes reality seem less cold, less desolate. She has a warmth about her that others can only attain in their dreams and even then it is only humid by comparison. If she stopped coming, I donīt know what I would do. Iīd have only the memory to keep me company. The memory of her would bring me more joy than a thousand other women.

She knows that her coming brings me comfort; I think part of her comes solely for that purpose. She needs me too though, thatīs why the rest of her comes. We have a bond, a connection that goes beyond mere words. Words can only do so much. The feeling that you get from merely being in the company of someone is much stronger. The feeling is overpowering. You know that if the feeling leaves, that a part of you will also leave. When she leaves, I donīt know what could be left of me. She is everything to me, my whole being.

I know that she doesnīt want to leave after her visits. I know because I feel the same way. I can hear it in her voice. I can see it in her eyes. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul. It makes my heart break to see the pain in her eyes when she must leave. I wish she could stay forever, but she canīt. No one can. So, the rhythmic joy and heartache must continue.

Our meeting place is always the same. She chooses the time though. She needs to have control over something. The habitual meetings make her feel better. I think she has a better acceptance because of it.

Tonight is no different. I can see her walking toward me. It is cold and the wind is blowing, but she doesnīt look like she cares. She has on a long black veil. It seems to be her choice of clothing these days. I donīt think sheīs come to meet me without it on.

No one knows about our meetings and no one ever sees them. No one except me. She brought flowers this time. They look like roses. I keep telling her I donīt need them, but she insists. I think she feels better with them here.

Sheīs crying again. I canīt stand to see her cry. I wrap my arms around her, doing my best to wipe away the tears. Someone so beautiful should never have to cry. Itīs my fault sheīs crying. I hate myself for it.

Sheīs calmed down enough to talk now. We never talk much. Itīs mostly silence with the two of us thinking about the other. She starts talking to me. Her voice is like a choir of angels. “Itīs been a year now,” I wish she wouldnīt bring that up. She always reminds me. “Since you died.”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=246