Layers to mutation by Shuga
Summary: Rouge will descover some interesting quirks about her mutation.
Categories: AU Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 12216 Read: 41437 Published: 02/05/2008 Updated: 04/29/2008
Story Notes:
More to come, Please send me feedback. I'm still nervous as this is my first story.

1. Chapter 1 by Shuga

2. Chapter 2 by Shuga

3. Chapter 3 by Shuga

4. Chapter 4 by Shuga

5. Chapter 5 by Shuga

6. Chapter 6 by Shuga

7. Chapter 7 by Shuga

8. Chapter 8 by Shuga

Chapter 1 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
More to come, feedback PLEASE!
Rogue could have sworn that Logan was there. That he had comforted her when she had woken from one of his nightmares, her screams echoing in the darkness. But now with the harsh morning sun came the solitude.

It was a good thing too that he wasn’t there Rogue decided. It had been so hot through yesterday that it had heated her room to unbearable temperatures that had not been driven away by the rising moon. Thanking the privilege of having her own room Rogue had decided to forego her pyjamas and slept naked. She had checked that the door was locked and thrown open the windows in the hope of inviting a cool breeze. Rogue laughed quietly as she showered, the thought of Logan finding her naked in bed not at all an unappealing notion for her.

Dressing and hurrying to breakfast before class Rogue’s mind drifted to thoughts of Logan naked with her in bed. Distracted she didn’t notice Scott coming in the opposite direction walking backwards until she walked straight into him a box of fruit scattering at their feet. Blushing and quickly helping to clear the mess Rogue was quick to apologise for her absentmindedness. Scott brushed away the apology and hurried off in the opposite direction that he had been coming in.

Finally making it to class Rogue pulled out the lesson plan and waited for the last of the students to arrive.

Walking into the cafeteria for lunch Rogue was more than glad that she had the afternoon free due to an excursion that Ororo was taking the students on. Heading to the teachers table and settling beside Scott, Rogue slipped into the conversation that was happening easily. The conversation heated up when Scott and Piotr started arguing the battle tactics of last nights movie and quickly escalated to a danger room session to see who had the better point. With Ororo away with the students and the Professor and Jean away at a conference Rogue was chosen to be the tie breaker on which tactic was better.

Sitting with Piotr watching Scott’s battle plan play out Rogue was given a constant monolog of the weak spots in the strategy. At the end of the battle Scott joined Rogue and Piotr in the viewing room. He was covered in sweat and dirt from leading his battle from the front line. Smirking Piotr headed into the danger room to lead his battle simulation and Rogue was alone with Scott.

After sitting in silence for ten minuets Scott finally pipped up saying; Sorry about this morning, I was completely distracted. Rogue was quick to return the apology and then the two sat in silence for a while. While watching the battle play out in front of her, Rogue’s mind drifted off and soon images of Logan finding her naked in bed filled her mind. It wasn’t until the simulation ended abruptly and Piotr bounded into the room that Rogue slipped back to reality. Pulling herself back to the present Rogue glanced at Scott to see if he had noticed her lack of attention. To her surprise Scott seemed to be struggling to pull himself together too.

With both men looked at her expectantly Rogue was at a loss for what so say having completely zoned out while Piotr’s simulation played. Quickly improvising Rogue hurried to provide a neutral comment. ‘Well, they both ended the same way and it was kind of hard to see who lost the most men. So umm… I think that Piotr had better umm timing with his strikes…’ Seeing the scandalised look on Scott’s face Rogue struggled to find a defining quality to his battle tactic. ‘But Scott had errr…. better forplanning.’ Seeing the men weighing up her comments Rogue quickly excused herself and fled to her room before they could decide that they wanted a play by play analysis.




Having used her afternoon watching battle scenarios Rogue decided it was time to relax and avoid any probing questions from Scott and Piotr. Wandering into the bathroom Rogue drew a hot bath and filled it with perfumed salts. Dimming the lights and loosing her clothes Rogue sunk into the water letting a sigh of pleasure escape as the hot water surrounded her. Closing her eyes and letting her mind wander over the events of the day Rogue soon found herself nodding off.

Waking to a sharp knock on the bathroom door Rogue sat abruptly, shivering as the now cool water ran off her shoulders. ‘Rogue?’ Scott’s voice carried through the door. Answering quickly while scanning the room for her towel before she stood Rogue called out a hurried ‘yes?’ Taking her answer to invite entry Scott opened the door and froze as he saw a naked Rogue standing before him completely uncovered.

Taken by surprise Rogue stood still and stared at Scott’s unmoving form. Deciding that whatever he had seen wasn’t going to change in a hurry Rogue took a calming breath and with a cheeky smile said; ‘Well are you just going to stand there or are you gonna pass the towel suga?’ Scott blinked and came to his senses as he quickly grabbed the towel beside him and moved towards Rogue.

Still standing in the quickly cooling bath water Rogue accepted the towel from a still staring Scott and wrapped it around her in an attempt to save some modesty. Stepping out of the water onto the bathmat Rogue watched Scott follow her every move. When Rogue stood still and stared at him Scott shook his head and his eyes widened. ‘Oh, right. Sorry.’ And with a quick nod Scott turned on his heal and headed out the bathroom door. Rogue quickly dried herself muttering about locking doors in the future and pulled on her robe before heading for her room.

Sitting on the edge of her bed staring at the floor was Scott. Rogue pulled the robe tighter around her and made a small coughing noise. Shutting the door behind her Rogue stepped closer to Scott and felt s slight pull on her robe. Turning to see that the tie around her waist was caught in the door Rogue gave it a sharp pull and stumbled back when it gave easily. Having left her shoes near her bed before her bath Rogue now tripped over them and fell backwards. With quick moves developed through training Scott was quickly at her side stopping Rogue from hitting the ground whilst not touching her deadly skin. Using Rouges robe as a barrier Scott helped Rogue up and stepped away giving her some personal space. The commotion that followed would change Rogue’s life dramatically from then on.

When Scott stepped back he took Rogue’s robe with him due to the weird coincidence that his button was hooked into the thread of the robe and Rogue was moving away from him at the same moment.

Quickly grabbing out for the robe Rogue covered herself again blushing at being completely revealed to Scott again. Scott also flushed red as he struggled to unhooked his button from the robe. But then Rogue froze. Scott had helped her pull the robe on. He had touched her bare skin and nothing had happened. Realising what had happened Scott’s eyes widened and he slowly reached out to touch Rogue. Panic filled Rogue and she shied away from his touch and backed away.

‘Let me touch you again. It’s ok Rogue, nothing happened.’ Scott was quick to reassure Rogue as she backed away. Terrified she shook her head as she trembled but the small part of her that still hoped and longed to be touched made her step forward. Scott moved forward so that he and Rogue were inches away from each other and he slowly raised his hand. ‘What if it was just luck? I don’t want to hurt you!’ Rogue’s voice trembled as Scott’s hand hovered beside her face. Scott smiled confidently and placed his hand gently onto Rouges cheek.


Rogue screamed as the world turned red and Scott fell to the floor. Slamming her eyes shut Rogue screamed Scott’s name over and over unable to reach out and feel him and unable to open her eyes.
Chapter 2 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
More to come, reviews more than welcome. Enter Logan.
Rogue screamed in panic as she curled into a ball and edged backwards against the wall. Terrified that she might accidentally brush against Scott in her blindness and hurt him further, if she’d not killed him already. Curled in a ball and leaning against the wall Rogue screamed until she heard running feet and voices at the door. The door was thrown open as people rushed into the room.

Piotr quickly surveyed the room taking in Rogue with her eyes squeezed tightly shut and Scott in a heap on the floor. Rushing to Scott’s side Piotr found a pulse and turned to a student behind him. ‘Call Dr. Grey. Now.’ Piotr then moved over to Rogue who sensing someone close to her curled into herself more and screamed; ‘Don’t touch me, don’t touch me, don’t touch me.’

Two hours later Rogue sat in the infirmary, her world was red and the sedative that she had been given was starting to wear off. Scott’s spare goggles that Jean had resized for her helped her to see but Rogue was still uneasy. Scott was unconscious on the hospital bed across the room but in a stable condition. Jean approached Rogue slowly watching her reactions to gauge how quickly the sedative was wearing off.

‘So Rogue. Can you tell us what happened to Scott? Why did you touch him?’ Jean sat in front of Rogue waiting for an answer. She knew that he had been in Rouges room when he was found and was clearly wondering why. The fact that Rogue was still dressed only in her bath robe had the doctor even more curious. Rogue new of course that telling Jean that her ex had seen her naked twice in that evening would not help to ease the doctors mind.

Silently thanking her ability to create mental blocks that Jean couldn’t get through Rogue told her that she had come out of the bathroom and Scott was there, then she had fallen and Scott had touched her while trying to catch her. It was after all not a complete lie. Jean accepted this explanation and told Rogue to go to bed. As it was late Rogue decided that it would be a good idea but asked to be kept informed of Scott’s condition.

Finally curled up in bed Rogue sighed and wondered at how even the darkness could look tinged with red. She then set to work putting away the memories that had come from the brief contact she had had with Scott. Trying not to focus on them as she put them away Rogue couldn’t keep them all from overwhelming her. Rogue was somewhat proud and yet embarrassed by the memory of how Scott had felt when he had seen her naked. Rogue admitted to herself how odd it felt to find yourself attractive and pushed the memory away as she felt a stirring that wasn’t hers. When all of Scott’s memories and feelings were safely locked away Rogue sighed deeply and hoped again that Scott would be ok. Then fell asleep.

The next morning Rogue was awakened by the Professor requesting that she come to his office as soon as she was ready.

Two weeks later after another meeting with the Professor to assess the control over the optic powers Rogue now possessed she felt the powers turn off. It was as though a light switch had flicked. Returning to the Professor immediately Rogue told him and together they tested Rouges eye’s. After three consecutive attempts for Rogue to destroy an expensive vase failed the Professor was quiet for a few minuets. He then smiled and moved to the door; ‘if you would like to accompany me Scott has regained consciousness.’



In the infirmary with the Professor, Rogue was quick to assure for herself that Scott was conscious and well. Standing a few feet away from him Rogue apologised for touching him and was about to leave when Scott spoke. ‘It was my idea to touch so you don’t have to apologise.’ This was news to Jean and the Professor who both stared at Scott for a moment before turning to look at Rogue expectantly. After another hour in the infirmary where a more accurate story of how and why Scott had touched Rogue was told (leaving out the nakedness) Rogue was free to leave and quickly fled to her room to avoid questions and scrutiny about her lie to Jean and the Professor.

Having spent the rest of the afternoon in her room avoiding people, Rogue had just slipped into bed when there was a knock on the door. Wanting to feign sleep but knowing that she had to face people eventually Rogue climbed out of bed and opened the door. Shocked to find Lagan standing on the other side Rogue froze for a moment with her mouth hanging open. When Logan smiled down at her with an eyebrow raised Rogue flew into his arms and held him to her.

Arriving at the mansion after nightfall and when most were in bed already was the was that Logan preferred it. There were less people to hassle him and he could have the night before he had to deal with people. Leaving the bike in the garage Logan slid into the house through the side door and headed up the stairs to his usual room. Stopping at the familiar door of the reason he came back to the mansion Logan took a deep breath, just to make sure she was ok. He could smell the anxiousness and the sadness that was in her scent even through the door. Wanting to find out what was causing these emotions to overwhelm his Marie’s familiar scent he knocked on the door. He knew she was awake, he could hear movement on the other side of the door so he waited for her to answer.

When Marie opened the door he waited for her to react to his presence. Smelling the change in her scent go from anxious to happy Logan let himself give her a rare smile and then braced himself as she filled his arms and clung to him like a life line.
Chapter 3 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
Bit shorter than others, some hostility and swearing involved.
Sitting with Marie on her bed hours later after a recap of the little information he had found, Logan noticed Scott’s goggles sitting on the bedside table. Taking a moment to sniff the air and finding only the faintest scent of Scott in the room, Logan turned his attention back to Rouge and demanded an answer. ‘What is Scooter’s shit doin in your room?’

Waiting for an answer Logan didn’t need his heightened senses know that Marie’s scent flooded with anxiety again and raised an eyebrow encouraging an answer. He watched Marie shift uncomfortably and noted the tired look in her eyes. ‘Cant it wait until tomorrow? A’m exhausted.’ Hearing the pleading in her voice Logan decided that he needed sleep too and nodded. Standing and surveying the room and making sure that there were no other signs of Scooter hanging around Logan scooped up his backpack and headed for the door. Turning at a small sound from behind him, Logan looked at his Marie sitting in the middle of the big bed alone and waited. Seeing that she wasn’t going to elaborate he turned to the door again. Before Logan could take another step to the door she spoke up. ‘Stay.’ Turning to look at Marie again Logan smiled and shrugged. ‘I’m not going anywhere in a hurry kid.’ Then he was out the door and headed to his usual room.

Pushing the door open and entering Logan balked at the stale air that greeted him and moved quickly to open the window after discarding his bag on the bed. Turning back to survey the room, Logan nodded in satisfaction as he found everything as he left it. Kicking off his boots and pulling his shirt over his head Logan headed for the shower to wash away the dirt and sweat of travel. Stepping under the boiling spray Logan quickly washed and stood beneath the water as it soothed tired muscles and washed away the memory of the roads he had travelled. Stepping out of the shower that had lost its heat Logan dried quickly and fell into his bed letting sleep take him before the sun rose to disturb his rest.

Waking late and dragging himself out of bed in time for lunch Logan headed for the cafeteria. Greeted by the X-men with a round of pleasantries Logan quickly devoured his meal and headed for Xavier’s office. Entering without knocking Logan was greeted by the Professor without surprise. ‘I trust that you slept well Logan. Welcome back.’ Nodding in answer Logan settled into the seat opposite the desk. ‘Dead end again Chuck. I’ve had enough games. No more shitty leads that go nowhere, no more obsessing over false information. I’m not leaving again unless it’s sure thing.’

After leaving Xavier’s office Logan was tired of recounting useless information. Remembering the information that he was lacking he headed for Marie’s room in search of answers.

‘It’s ok. It happened and there must be a reason so I think we should try again.’ Scott sat on the end of Rogue’s bed waiting for her to consider his words. ‘But you almost died!’ Rogue sat beside him on the bed watching as he tried to reason with her to try touching him again. ‘It wasn’t that bad. There must be a reason for why it worked and then didn’t, but isn’t it worth trying?’ Rogue admitted to herself that she was very tempted by his offer and had been thinking along the same lines since he had woken up. But she decided that the risk was too much and so was debating the pro’s and con’s with Scott.

Deciding that it was now or never Scott reached over and grabbed his goggles that Rouge still had. Placing them over Rogue’s eyes before she could argue he was fixing the strap so that it wasn’t tangled in Rouges hair when the door flew open with a bang. Rogue jumped and grabbed hold of Scott in panic before looking at the door. Seeing an angry Logan stalking into the room both Rogue and Scott stood abruptly wondering what was wrong.

Logan stalked up to Scott. ‘What the hell do you think your doing Scooter!?’ Bristling at the other mans aggression and his invasion of his personal space Scott responded in like. ‘None of your business Wolverine. It’s between Rogue and I if you don’t mind.’ Both men stood their ground and Rogue was forced to step up to stop the confrontation coming to blows. ‘Logan, what are you doing? Scott wasn’t doing anything wrong.’ Seeing the potential for a fight Rogue pulled Scott away from Logan and waited for him to look at her. Scott acknowledged the silent plea in Rogue’s eyes and turned to leave. ‘Later Rogue.’

After Scott had left Logan turned his attention to Rogue and growled as he approached her. Reaching up he pulled harshly at the goggles that Rouge was wearing and threw them to the ground. Stepping closer to Rouge, Logan snarled and pointed accusingly at the goggles behind him. ‘What the hell were you doing with him. Putting that rubbish on your face… Huh? That stupid shit.’ Rogue stared at Logan and took a step back. Deciding that she wasn’t ready to tell Logan about what had happened Rogue quickly made and excuse while choosing her words carefully. ‘We were just talkin Logan. Ah was just curious about the goggles is all. There wasn’t no reason to get mad.’

With Logan glaring at her suspiciously Rouge was uneasy. She didn’t normally keep things from Logan but she wasn’t ready to share this yet. Rouge quickly found a reason for Logan to leave and therefore stop glaring at her. ‘If you’ll excuse me Logan I’ve things to do.’ Logan left the room slowly after scanning the room for signs of Scott and growling again when his gaze settled on the goggles on the floor. Closing the door behind him Rogue wondered at the hostility between the two men and how it seemed to be worse than before.
Chapter 4 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
I am torn as to the Logan or Scott issue. Please give me some feedback so that I can fix this!
Waking to her alarm Rogue muttered rudely at it and rolled out of bed. Some days it just didn’t seem fair that it was necessary to get out of bed. Turning on the hot water in the shower Rogue stepped under the spray and washed quickly knowing that she had to meet with Scott before class started. Hurrying down the hall to the danger room where Scott had insisted they meet Rogue stepped into the room and saw Scott waiting, sitting with a book on the other side of the room. When he looked up at her entrance and smiled Rogue approached him. Opening her mouth to ask what he wanted to talk about rogiue froze as the Professor’s voice announced that the mornings classes would be cancelled. Scott smirked at the message that he had received at the same time.

What did you want to talk about Scott?
Your mutation, I want to figure out why I was able to touch you once but after that I couldn’t.
It doesn’t matter, you cant risk ending up in the med lab again because of some fluke.
Do you really think it was a fluke?
I don’t know, maybe we never actually touched the first time?
No, I’m sure that we did. Listen, if we’re careful I’m sure that we can figure it out without getting hurt. There must have been a reason that it happened, we just have to figure it out.
Maybe… I couldn’t stand it if you got hurt again. Not to mention how the Professor would react if he found out what we were doing.
We’ll be careful I promise.

After spending the morning sitting and planning ways that they could test Rogues mutation they had made plans to test it later that night. rogue was nervous but Scott had convinced her that he would be safe and that he would stop at a word from her so that he wasn’t putting her under pressure.


Sitting in the empty med lab later that night waiting for Scott to arrive Rogue thought back to when they had touched. It had been to quick for her to enjoy it or savour the feeling. Hopeful that tonight she would get that chance she looked up at the sound of the doors sliding open.


Scott smiled warmly at Rogue noticing the hopeful look in her eyes and quickly made one last check to make sure that the lab was empty. Letting his eyes settle on Rogue as she waited on the empty gurney he allowed himself a moment to take her in. Ducking his head to hide the new smile that played on his lips he quietly filed away in his mind the way her clothes clung to her luscious curves. The place that he filed all of his Rogue thoughts away was starting to get full, although he certainly didn’t mind. Quietly berating himself in his mind he reminded himself that he had to focus… and not an Rogue’s body… at least not until later! Quickly scolding himself for enjoying that thought so much he moved over to where Rogue waited patiently.

Laying on her bed Rogue listened as Logan gave her another ‘What were you thinking’ speech and waited until he was done saying ‘it should have been me if anyone’ before she reminded him he was going to make the mission late. Listening to him mutter about being told what to do as he headed for the door Rogue thanked whoever was listening for giving her a break from the lectures. I’ll be back in a week so don’t think that this is the end of that conversation. With Logan and the rest of the team gone it would be much quieter so now she could actually think and process what had happened.

Scott had gone down pretty quickly at the first touch. But he had woken up less than a day later so she didn’t feel too bad. The other plus was that having been prepared Scott had organised himself and so there was almost no transfer of memories. He was glad that they had tried and still insisted that he had no regrets. That didn’t stop people blaming her, but she could see their view - it was her mutation so she was responsible. Having been given a clean bill of health he had been keen to go on the mission but Jean had insisted that he needed time to recover from the ‘ordeal’ and so had been left behind along with her.

Jean still held onto her feelings for him but everybody knew that Scott had moved on a long time ago. Occasionally she used make a pass at him but his rejection of her had eventually led it to stop. She had been even angrier at Rogue than the others. But had said that she could understand why Rogue had let Scott try.

A knock on the door drew Rogue back to the present and she slid off the bed to answer it. Trying to smile to the small student waiting there she absently noticed that the heatwave had gotten worse. Nodding in acknowledgment that dinner was ready and watching the student run off Rogue wandered down to eat.

Sitting watching the students in their bathing suits and towels eating dinner Rogue bit back her jealousy and decided that she would head out to the pool after everybody was asleep. That way she could enjoy the water without fear of hurting people, and it wasn’t getting any cooler. A smile spread across her face as she realised that she could wear her bikini bathers that Jubes had made her buy. Having never had the chance to use it Rogue now planned on taking full advantage of this opportunity.

Slipping down to the pool through the darkness Rogue could practically feel the coolness on her skin before she was even close to the water. Dropping her towel on the ground and adding her shirt and pants to the pile Rogue walked to the edge of the water and gazed down at the starry sky. Taking a second to enjoy the reflection and the freedom of her bared skin she breathed deeply before diving in.
Chapter 5 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
Please give me feedback! Thanks to irishekl for fb.
Waking up in the heat Scott rolled over and knew that he would not sleep again tonight, it had been the same every night of the heatwave and it was set to last for at least another week. Looking across the room to the closed window he wondered if it was any cooler outside. Climbing out of bed in the hopes that a cool shower would do him some good Scott passed the window before doubling back to open it to cool his room. Pulling back the curtain to allow more air flow Scott paused when he saw movement on the grounds outside. Wondering who it was that was out so late and suspecting a stray student Scott watched as the figure moved towards the pool. Watching for another moment Scott moved closer to the window trying to recognise the figure. Seeing it was a woman it was only a moment before the moonlight reflected off the white streaked hair and Scott smiled in recognition. Making a quick decision Scott decided that a midnight trip to the pool to cool off was a good idea and that there were definitely worse excuses to be alone with Rogue. Grabbing his towel and throwing on his boardies he slipped out of the room and headed for the back door.


Walking quickly across the grounds to catch up with Rogue, Scott suddenly stopped in his tracks when he saw her throw her top to the ground beside the pool, then her pants join them. Standing only meters away and hidden by the darkness, Scott had the perfect view of Rogue. Standing beside the pool clad in only a dark green bikini with so much soft pale skin revealed Scott could only gape at the vision before him. Letting his eyes wander over her curves and the soft, full roundness that the dark bikini emphasized and barely contained Scott’s body was quick to respond. Caught up in watching Rogue he moved forward as she stepped closer to the pool, the moonlight reflecting off the waters surface to make Rogue’s pale skin seem to glow for a moment before she dove into the water.
Deciding that from Rogue’s vantage point his position would be revealed when she resurfaced, Scott moved forward and dropped his towel next to the pile of things Rogue had dropped. Waiting for Rogue to resurface, Scott smiled and moved to the edge of the pool, sitting with his legs in the water. Watching Rogue turn suddenly, startled by the sound Scott held up his hands in surrender. ‘Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.’

Rogue blushed and nodded, ‘didn’t hear you.’ Scott smiled and made his best fearless leader pose and put on a TV voiceover voice, ‘Yet again the leader has demonstrated the practiced art of stealth under pressure.’ Giggling, Rogue splashed him and quickly swam out of reach as he splashed back at her and slipped into the pool to chase her so that she got payback for laughing at him. Quickly cornering her, Scott grinned, ‘what are you going to do now, huh?’ Rogue grinned back and splashed him in the face before diving under the water and slipping between Scott’s legs for a quick escape. By the time Scott wiped his goggles off enough to see Rogue was laughing on the other side of the pool. Swimming quickly after her they circled each other for a while before Rogue was cornered again. This time Scott was prepared and Rogue had nowhere to go and screamed and laughed when she was rained with splashes.

Holding her hands up in surrender, Rogue laughed with Scott and wiped the water off her face and her hair out of her eyes. When she was done she looked up at Scott who had an odd look on his face but it passed into a smile and then he grinned, ‘I cant remember the last time I had this much fun.’ Rogue smiled and then grinned when she realised the same thing, she was so happy to be truly happy. Scott moved even closer to were Rogue was still in the corner of the pool and that snapped Rogue back to reality, ‘Scott, don’t get too close to me. Ahm not covered.’ Rogue tried to back up but was pressed into the corner as Scott moved within centimetres of her. Scott’s face became serious and he moved closer, ‘I’m not afraid of you Rogue.’ Now only centimetres away from her Scott raised his hand to her face and using her wet hair as a barrier lifted her chin so that she was looking eye to eye with him, ‘I thought I’d made that obvious.’

Looking up into Scott’s eyes Rogue knew that he was telling the truth and that he had never feared her like the others did. Gazing into Scott’s eyes Rogue suddenly realised that she could see them. Blinking and glancing away for a moment to clear her head Rogue looked up at Scott who’s only movement had been a questioning tilt of the head. Smiling, but still nervous having him so near her bare skin Rogue stuttered over her words, ‘I can… your umm I can see your eyes.’ Now it was Scott’s turn to smile again and he reached up to touch his goggles, ‘ Yeh, the darkness. The reflecting particles aren’t so strong against the wavelength this level of light travels on. I’m not really around people in this light though so people don’t… see, I guess.’ they shared a smile that lingered as Rogue gazed into Scott’s eyes again until a car pulled up the drive and the lights blinded them both. Glancing at the mansion Rogue looked down, ‘ I guess I better head back up, the professor wants to see me early tomorrow.’ Scott tilted his head again and tried to catch Rogue’s eye but then nodded and moved away giving her room to slip out of the pool. When Rogue turned around again, Scott had turned his back and wasn’t looking at her. Wondering at the events of the night Rogue reached for her towel and dried herself off before towelling her hair off too. Glancing up at the sound of Scott exiting the water too Rogue wrapped the towel around her and used the corner to squeeze the more of the water out of her hair. Watching Scott walk towards her and grab his own towel Rogue took a moment to admire his toned body and the way his wet shorts clung to him before turning away and taking off her towel to dry her hair more toughly. Suddenly feeling a slight breeze Rogue looked down and gasped. Dropping her towel and pulling her bikini back into place Rogue glanced up to see if Scott had seen her. He was staring at her expectantly, ‘what?’ Blushing but grateful that he hadn’t seen her topless again Rogue turned slightly while holding the front of her bikini and the back tie cord swung by her side. Staring at Rogue for another moment before understanding dawned Scott couldn’t help but grin, ‘Need a hand?’ Rogue raised an eyebrow in a familiar gesture and Scott still grinning dropped his towel and moved forward, ‘here, let me do it up for you.’ Rogue jumped and stepped away when Scott stepped closer and reached for her. ‘Frowning quietly Scott stepped in front of Rogue and reached out to touch her hair, catching her eye he ran his hand through her hair, ‘I thought we were over this!?’ Rogue looked away from him, ‘just because your not afraid doesn’t mean I cant hurt you.’ Sighing Scott wished that he could hold the sad woman in front of him, instead he placed a hand on each cheek with her hair as protection and lifted her eyes to his again. Staring into eyes that showed years beyond her outward appearance he promised Rogue that he would be careful and asked for her trust. Waiting until she nodded he moved behind her and tied her bathers carefully. Moving back in front of her again, so close to her soft curves and warm body heat Scott couldn’t help but reach out to touch her. Stopping just short of touching her bare cheek Scott stepped up to Rogue never breaking eye contact and bent his neck, their lips only millimetres apart, so close that he could feel her short sharp breaths on his lips. Seeing desire mixed with fear in her eyes Scott breathed in the intoxicating scent of Rogue and loosing himself in it closed the space between them.

Feeling Scott so close so warm and real, seeing his desire for her and letting her desire for him show Rogue desperately wanted him to touch her. But her fear of her skin kept her from closing the gap between them. Reminding herself to breathe she could almost taste his lips and he smelt so good! Then he moved, his lips pressing to hers, softly and so sweetly. When he felt no pull only a slight tingle that could have been the water drying on him he deepened the kiss his hands on Rogue’s face pulling her closer, their bodies pressed together as the kiss became passionate and demanding. Rogue responded letting her desire fill her and flow into the kiss, demanding more as their kisses grew in urgency until they separated, gasping for air. Still holding Rogue’s face Scott rested his forehead against Rogue’s and they stared at each other, surprise and desire mingled in both gazes. Pulling back slightly but not releasing Rogue, Scott stared at her and let his fingers slide across her lips and then into her hair to pull her into another passionate kiss. When they separated Scott rested his forehead against hers again. ‘Rogue, I’ve wanted this for so long. I’ve wanted to be with you but I didn’t know how to start, or how you felt. Please tell me you want this too?’ Grinning happily Rogue quickly closed the gap between them again, her lips giving all the answer needed.

After spending another hour together by the pool just talking and touching Rogue was getting cold so she pulled on her shirt and grabbed the rest of her stuff so that they could head back inside for the rest of the night. Scott was so happy that Rogue wanted to be with him too, but knew that they still had a lot to discuss and sort out before anything else happened. For now he was just happy to have Rouge and be able to kiss her and hold her. As they wandered back to the mansion the lights started to light up signalling that the X team had returned on time. Slipping inside unnoticed Scott walked Rogue to her room and pulled her close, the fact that she was half dressed not detracting from the heat of the kiss. Pulling back Scott swayed on the spot and reached out to lean against the wall. Rogue gasped as she saw his reaction and felt a rush and the world took on a pink tinge. Wanting to reach out to Scott but unable to without her gloves she stepped back in horror, she had thought that it was over, she could finally touch and now she had hurt someone again! Scott looked up at her, his gaze dazed. ‘I’m OK, just a little dizzy. Don’t worry, I’m sure its nothing.’ Seeing that Scott was able to look after himself Rogue turned and fled into her room locking the door behind her before crumpling to the ground, sob’s wracking her body. Scott knocked on the door but when Rogue refused to answer he recognised that he wouldn’t be able to stand for much longer and called out to her the best that he could that he was OK before making his way back to his room and barely reaching his bed before passing out.
Chapter 6 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
This story is writing its self. Feedback more then welcome.
After crying herself into a restless sleep for what was left of the night waking from nightmares only to cry herself to sleep again, Rogue woke up to the insistent rattle of her door as Logan knocked repeatedly and called out to her. Sliding off the bed and approaching the door Rogue stopped short of opening it and let her hand hover over the lock. ‘I know your there Rogue, I can smell you. Hurry up or we’re guna be late for Chuck’s meeting.’ Stepping back in horror at remembering the meeting Rogue retreated further into the room. The idea of facing the team and the professor after they found out that she had almost killed Scott again made her tears well up again. She would be thrown out for sure this time, they would never forgive her for hurting him again after they had all warned her last time. ‘Marie, what’s takin so long?’ Taking a steadying breath Rogue called through the door, ‘ I need a minute.’ Logan stopped banging on the door and waited outside for her to be ready. Pulling on a clean top and washing her face quickly Rogue started at her wary reflection and reminded herself that she would have to face them sometime and now was better than later. Maybe Logan would take her away and she would never have to face the damning eyes she dreaded.

Logan sighed and glanced at the door, women always took so damn long to get ready. Listening to Marie moving around behind the door he knew that he had woken her but had left her to sleep for as long as he could. He had heard her wake several times during the night from restless sleep and had expected her to come to him each time. Listening to her cry herself to sleep each time she woke he wished that he could have gone to her but knew that she would come to him when she was ready. Finally turning as the door opened he frowned briefly as Rogue came to stand next to him. Gone was the usually smiling happy woman, replaced by a tired wary Rogue that looked at him expectantly as though waiting for a punishment. He watched her for a moment wondering again what had made her cry all night. ‘U ok?’ Marie looked surprised for a moment then frowned. Nodding she turned and headed for the meeting leaving him to stare at her back before he quickly followed.

Entering the professors office and noticing that nobody looked at her with much interest Rogue’s eyes sought Scott but found him missing. The professor quickly started the meeting noting that Scott was ill and was resting upstairs. After the meeting Rogue hung back as people left and when the professor said nothing to her she slipped out the door and almost ran to her room. Locking the door behind her she fell onto her bed relief and guilt flooding her as she thought about Scott being ‘ill’ and that he hadn’t told the professor what had happened. Deciding it was best to stay in her room so that she wouldn’t see Scott, Rogue pulled her shoes off and pulled the covers up to her nose. Hoping that they could pretend that nothing had happened and knowing that Scott was ok or he would be in the med bay, Rogue drifted into sleep.

Waking up when it was dark outside Rogue’s tummy grumbled and she reached for the lamp beside her flicking it on and blinking to adjust the brightness. Pulling the covers back and searching for shoes Rogue shrugged and wandered bare foot to the door. Listening carefully she decided that everyone must be asleep. Reaching for the door s felt something brush her foot and glanced down to see a folded piece of paper with her name written neatly on the front. Bending to pick it up she quickly read it.

Meet me at the pool again, same time, don’t forget your bathers. S.

Closing her eyes Rogue held the note tightly in her hand. He must have slid it under the door while she was asleep. Checking the time she saw that she had just over an hour to decide if she was going to meet him or not and headed for the kitchen as her stomach growled.





Back in her room with a plate of leftovers and a soda Rogue read and re read the note as she ate her dinner. Her hopes that last night would be forgotten were crushed and now she had to decide what to do. She liked Scott, she had spent many an hour fantasizing about and admiring him from a distance. A relationship was hard enough with deadly skin, but she had never considered that Scott might actually find her attractive or think of her as more than a friend. They had started to grow closer during the time they had spent together after Logan had left and her feelings had developed, his must have too. The fact that Scott wanted her in return filled her with happiness but would he still want her if they couldn’t touch? He hadn’t told her his feelings until after they touched. Then there was always Logan to consider. She was certainly in lust with him but she didn’t know if her feelings went deeper than that. Now that he had returned, seeming even more protective Rogue didn’t know what to expect from him. Reading the note again and looking at the clock Rogue closed her eyes and struggled to make a decision. Letting out a deep breath words from last night came back to her, ‘I’ve wanted this for so long. I’ve wanted to be with you. Please tell me you want this too?’

Opening her eyes Rogue picked up her bathers and towel.

Scott sat on the edge of the pool with his legs dangling in the water watching the way the stars seemed to ripple when he moved his legs. He still felt weak from kissing Rogue last night but he was wishing that he could do it again. Last night he had confessed his feelings to her, or at least told her that he wanted to be with her, that was proberly going to need elaborating. He had been so happy when he had kissed her for the first time, she tasted of nutmeg with traces of chlorine that didn’t hide the taste that was just so Rogue. He’d been surprised when her mutation hadn’t kicked in but had taken full advantage of the fact, he’d been just as happy that she had kissed him back matching his eagerness with every kiss. He smiled to himself remembering and hoped that she would get his message and meet him, he knew that she had been avoiding him because of the unexpected return of her mutation. He had been thinking about it for most of the day while he lay in bed trying to recover from the kiss. He had touched her more than once now without being hurt, in fact it was much more than once if you counted last nights make-out session. Feeling a little silly at being so happy about making out but smiling even wider Scott continued his line of thought. He couldn’t figure out why he was sometimes able to touch Rogue’s bare skin without being hurt while other times he had been left comatose. Although the kiss that left him weak even now, it merely made him weak not seriously ill. The only things that he could think of that were the same whenever they touched safely was that Rogue had been recently wet and in various stages of undress, not that he’d minded at all either time.

Glancing up as a distant light threw shadows down the grounds Scott watched as a figure moved out an open door closing it behind them obscuring themselves in the darkness. Glancing up at the stars in the clear sky Scott slid all the way into the water enjoying the cool feeling that surrounded him and lay back to float so he could watch the stars. A minuet later he saw movement out of the corner of his eye and Rogue emerged from the darkness. Standing again Scott smiled up at her and waded to the edge of the water so that they were closer. ‘Hey, that invitation still stand?’ Scott grinned, ‘I’m glad you came, and of course it stands Rogue.’ He watched her sit down just out of reach and look at her hands as they pulled up blades of grass. Lifting himself out of the water easily and moving closer to Rogue he stopped when she jumped up and backed away from him putting her hands behind her back. Pushing away the flash of hurt that he knew showed on his face he simply held his hand out to Rogue. She looked at it for a few moments then looked up to meet his eyes. ‘ Your wearing gloves Rogue. Or don’t you trust me at all anymore.’ Surprised at the bitterness in the words Scott dropped his hand and turned away from Rogue. He sat down suddenly on the grass, his head in his hands and closed his eyes to regain his composure. Turning to look up at Rogue he saw that her eyes were full of guilt and hurt. ‘I’m sorry. I had no right to say that, I just wish that you could trust me.’ He watched as Rogue stood still looking down at him for a long moment before she spoke. ‘It’s not you I don’t trust.’ Scott heard the tears in her voice and motioned for her to sit beside him so that he could hold her. Rogue looked at him then moved and sat down out of reach motioning for him to stay were he was. Scott looked at his own hands now, he just knew that this was because Rogue didn’t want to be with him. He had thought that she had but now thought that her reaction last night may have just been her excitement at being able to touch. I t hurt that she would reject him but he wanted her to be happy. He glanced up at her as she watched the water, ‘seeing as I am wearing my bathers I’m goin for a swim.’ Scott done his best to smile up at her as she walked to the water and disappeared below the surface.

Laying back on the grass and feeling his tears slide down his temples Scott tried to control his emotions and reasoned that she hadn’t actually rejected him yet, just avoided him. After ten minuets or so he heard Rogue lift herself out of the water and glanced up to see her bikini clad body rise out of the pool as the water ran down her body making her bathers cling to her curves dangerously. Scott willed himself to look away but his eyes were glued to her body as his mind imagined his hands running over her curves, across her softly rounded stomach and up. Blinking at the expectant look on her face he blushed and thanked the darkness for covering it. ‘Sorry?’ Rogue smiled and walked over to her towel and bent torturously slow to pick it up. Scott’s eyes followed her every move as she dried slowly and lay the towel down and sat on it. Scott shut his eyes tight memorising what he had just seen while trying to reign in his body before it got him in trouble. Lying back with his hands under his head so that he couldn’t reach out and grab Rogue, Scott looked over at her and grinned wickedly. Rogue was staring through the dark at the bulge in the front of his shorts. As Rogue dragged her eyes back up to meet his he could have sworn that she turned a little more red.
‘Kiss me.’
Rogue’s eyes widened, ‘xcuse me?’
‘You heard me. I know you don’t trust yourself but I trust you. I wont move, I promise.’
Rogue blinked a few times and then gave a shy smile and moved forward. Scott stayed on his back with his hands under his head, grateful that he was unable to use them. As Rogue moved closer Scott could smell her and the memories of her taste tantalised him making him strain with the effort of keeping still.
Hesitating with her lips and body held millimetres over his Rogue whispered, ‘are you sure? I don’t want to hurt you.’ Scott made a small nod and smiled at her as she let out a breath that she had been holding while waiting for his answer. Watching her small smile mingled with fear Scott tilted his head slightly so that their lips were all but touching. Moving quickly Rogue leaned down over Scott and kissed him tentatively savouring the taste of his kiss and the apple and spices flavour it left on her lips. Pulling back slightly and looking into his smiling eyes Rogue grinned and then their lips met again. Feeling no pull they deepened the kiss enjoying each other until Scott shifted letting his hands free so that he could pull Rogue closer against him, their bare skin touching everywhere except where his shorts protected them and Rogue’s bikini covered. Rogue pulled back looking into his eyes with a grin on her face, ‘ hold still huh?’ laughing Rogue captured his lips again and pressed against him. Scott rolled over taking Rogue with him so that she was pinned beneath him and pulled away to look down at her. Brushing the stray hairs away from her face Scott smiled full of happiness and kissed Rogue lightly before pulling back again. ‘You know, we should take this slow.’
Rogue smiled up at him, ‘we aren’t?’
Scott grinned and let his eyes follow the curve of Rogues cheek down to her neck and wished that he could see more. ‘well we are, but if this keeps up we wont be.’
Rogue grinned and pressed against his crotch gasping as she felt the intimate contact through their clothes. Scott groaned when Rogue pressed against him again and pressed her into the ground pinning her down. Suddenly pushing her head back Scott latched onto the sensitive pulse point just below Rogue’s ear and she cried out in pleasure and arched her back pressing into Scott. Surprised at the immediate intensity of the feeling he was producing Rogue gasped for air and dug her nails deep into Scott’s biceps causing him to graze his teeth against the sensitive spot. Moaning as the feeling shot strait down and feeling the muscles there tighten Rogue pressed against Scott’s hardness again rolling her hips knowing that she was close already and seeking release. As suddenly as he started Scott pulled away moving a few feet away to kneel on the grass. Moaning in frustration and at the sudden departure of Scott Rogue sat up her eyes glassy, face flushed and breathing ragged. Scott was watching her and shook his head. ‘We need to stop this now or I wont be able to, your to damn irresistible!’ Rogue sat trying to catch her breath her chest rising and falling rapidly, her body covered only in her bikini. Scott snapped, stood and walked away, disappearing into the darkness.

Rogue watched after him for a minuet then collapsed back onto the grass. Closing her eyes she tried to regain some composure. She knew that Scott had left because he didn’t want to push her but at that moment she could think of nothing she wanted more than to never ever stop what they had started. Breathing deeply and knowing that she would go insane if she didn’t find release soon Rogue stood up, gathered her things and headed back to her room.
Chapter 7 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
Feedback wanted.
Making it to his room Scott closed the door firmly and walked over to the bed. Knowing that he wouldn’t find rest while he was so worked up he didn’t even sit down. Pacing the room and wishing that he could go find Rogue Scott was thankful that he had had the strength to walk away while he still could. Being pressed up against her almost naked form, tasting her as she responded to him so eagerly had left him achingly hard and tested his restraint more than he thought possible. Just thinking of her now, made his hardness throb and Scott knew that the problem wasn’t going to disappear any time soon.

Discarding his shorts and heading for a shower Scott closed his eyes and put his goggles on the basin. With his eyes shut Scott’s mind immediately focused on images of Rogue. Memories of her standing beside the pool wet and smiling, seeing her leaning over in front of him, her lips slightly parted as she moaned. All of his memories combined until Scott moaned aloud and he let his hand drop to his throbbing cock, a new sensation that he had never allowed himself before. Letting his hand slide slowly up and down his hard length he let himself imagine that it was Rogue and was soon moaning her name as he came. Quickly finishing the shower and drying off Scott pulled on some old sweats and his goggles before heading to bed in the hopes of sleep before morning came.

Waking up as the alarm blared and rolling onto his back to turn it off Scott blinked a few times to clear away the sleep in his eyes and glared at the clock. Sighing and burying himself in the blankets again Scott remembered how he had left Rogue on the grass last night. Hopeful that she wasn’t too mad at him he wondered how the rest of her night had gone. He knew that she had been close to cumming when he had pulled away and guessed that her lack of physical contact had made her body hyper sensitive to him. He had wanted to give her that release as much as she had wanted it but it would have quickly led to thing’s they weren’t ready for as a couple. They hadn’t even been on a date yet, did that mean they weren’t a couple yet? Making a mental note to fix that problem Scott ignored the clock and closed his eyes again. Rogue’s mutation being turned off would change a lot of things for her, though the danger of not having control of it is obvious. Scott opened his eyes and glanced at the bedside table where the gloves he had brought were, he had gotten them months ago when he realised how much he wanted to be with Rogue. Making a note to take them with him wherever he went from now on Scott closed his eyes again. The main thing that he was worried about was that Rogue had pulled away from him so much after she had accidentally weakened him with a kiss. He understood why and that it could have been worse… actually it should have been. He had touched her for at least a few seconds when they kissed but usually an accidental brush would put him in a coma. Awake properly now and confused Scott stared at the ceiling trying to figure out what was going on with Rogues mutation. Deciding that he would think about it clearer later he decided that if it happened again he would do his best to reassure Rogue that he was ok and not make a big deal of it if he could. He didn’t want to loose Rogue now over an accident, especially if he all he needed was a little time to recover like last time.



Startled out of his thoughts by a gentle knocking on his door Scott looked over wondering who it could be at this time in the morning. A moment later he realised that he should answer and was about to move when the door opened a little and Rogue stuck her head in. ‘Scott? Oh. Am I waking you?’ Scott smiled and lifted himself onto his elbows, ‘No, I should be up already. Come in.’ Letting his eyes take her in as she entered Scott frowned when he saw her covered from head to toe in fabric, scarves and gloves. With her new ability to touch he had thought that she might at least show a little skin. Seeing Rogue watching him and twisting her gloved hands together he could tell she was anxious. Then she spoke in a quiet voice, ‘I don’t trust it yet, I’m not ready.’ Scott nodded quietly, ‘I understand. Come here.’ Waving Rogue over to his side Scott shuffled over on the bed to make room for her to sit. Sitting up and wrapping Rogue in his arms Scott held her close placing a gentle kiss in her hair. ‘It’s ok, you don’t have to do anything unless your ready. I wont tell anybody unless you want me to either.’ Rogue smiled and lent into his chest. Scott hugged her close then pulled back and lifted her face to his using Rogue’s hair as protection just encase.
Scott grinned, ‘do I get a good morning kiss?’
Rogue laughed and pushed Scott so he fell back, ‘with your morning breath?’
Scott smiled. Still giggling Rogue leaned down close to Scott stopping only millimetres away and glancing up into his happy eyes. ‘I..I don’t…’
Scott shook his head slightly cutting her off, ‘I trust you, remember. You don’t have to go through this every time we touch.’
Rogue smiled but she looked sad. ‘I know you do but I cant tell if it’s on or not. It’s not about trusting me.’
Scott shook his head again, ‘It is. I trust you to pull away if you feel it starting, and I trust you to trust me.’
Rogue looked thoughtful for a moment then smiled. Looking into her eyes Scott could see that she was happy but still a little nervous, it would proberly be like this for a long time. But it was something that he was happy to work on with her. Then Rogue closed the space between them and Scott felt her lips barely touch on his before he felt the pull and bit back the cry of pain that ripped through him. He felt rather than heard Rogue’s sharp gasp and felt her tense ready to flee out of reach. Mustering everything he could Scott reached out quickly and grabbed hold of Rogue holding her beside him and tightening his grip when she tried to get further away. Gasping for air and clenching his teeth to help him focus Scott looked up at Rogue’s look of horror and shook his head. Pulling his strength together Scott dropped his hand to Rogues wrist managing one word. ‘Stay.’

Knowing that he didn’t have much strength left and that Rogue was freaking out Scott knew that if he didn’t hold himself together and conscious he could loose Rogue over this forever. Rogue had stopped trying to get away and was watching him obviously trying to determine how badly he was hurt and whether to run for help. Breathing deeply for a few minuets Scott started to feel a little better, keeping his voice steady Scott gave Rogue a smile, ‘I’m Ok.’

Deciding that he couldn’t be to badly off if he was noticing the great view of Rogue’s breasts from this angle Scott dragged his eyes back to her face and repeated, ‘I’m Ok.’ When Rogue just frowned and raised an eyebrow Scott couldn’t help but grin. ‘Ok, so I’m not perfect but does that mean I miss out on my kiss?’ Rogue looked stunned for a moment until she recovered and just looked at him like he was crazy. Scott smiled again and glanced towards his bathroom, ‘could use a drink though.’ Rogue nodded and jumped up quickly to get him a drink. Using the time that Rogue wasn’t watching him Scott closed his eyes and tried his best to pull his energy together and ignore the throbbing, pounding headache. When Rogue got back he sipped at the water but stopped when his stomach threatened to bring it back up. Looking up to see Rogue watching his every move Scott reached up gently to run his hand over her hair, seeing her flinch away Scott merely raised his eyebrows and held his hand in place until she moved back into his hand. It was important that she know he wasn’t afraid of her, even after everything, but she had to be comfortable with it too. That was why he had been letting her kiss him first. Pulling Rogue down towards him again so that their faces were only inches apart Scott held his hand behind her head when Rogue tried to pull back holding her still. Looking into her eyes he remembered that she couldn’t see his and knew that it must make it hard for her to read him. Once Rogue was still Scott let his hand drop some and unravelled her sheer scarf before placing it between their faces and pulling Rogue close to kiss her with everything he had.

After laying in bed making out for ten minuets Scott has breathing hard and Rogue was flushed and dishevelled. Scott grinned up at Rogue as she lay half beside him half on top of him and felt much better. Brushing hair away from Rogue’s face and fingering her streaks Scott let them fall, sliding his hand into her hair again Scott pulled the scarf up again and pulled Rogue to him. Rolling quickly so that he was on top, never letting their kiss break Scott leaned back to admire Rogue. He grinned again, ‘you know I could get used to waking up to this kind of treatment.’ Rogue grinned back, ‘so could I, although I wish I had known you were shitless earlier.’
Scott let his eyes close as he enjoyed the feeling of Rogue’s gloved hands roaming his back. Hearing a squeal from down the hall Scott glanced up. Then his gaze fell on the clock beside them, ‘Shit.’ Rogue’s eyes followed his gaze and his curse was repeated. Groaning Scott dropped his head to nuzzle at Rogue’s neck protected by her hair. Pulling back to place one last kiss on Rogue’s lips Scott rolled to the side allowing Rogue to slide off the bed, ‘I have class or I’d stay sugar. But you should rest… I’m’
Scott put his hand over Rogue’s mouth so that she couldn’t finish. ‘don’t say it.’
Rogue nodded and Scott removed his hand. ‘I’ll bring you something to eat between classes. And I am you know…’
Scott nodded and watched as Rogue wrapped her scarf around his wrist and threw a smile back at him before she left.


Rogue set her class to work on a task that required little of her attention. She sat at the front of the class keeping an eye on the students and letting her mind wander. She was grateful that she had quickly stopped at her room before running to her class, one look in the mirror told her that it was more than obvious what she had spent her morning doing. She had quickly brushed out her hair and rearranged her clothes but there was nothing she could do about her flushed face and red lips. Spending the morning rolling around in Scott’s bed had not been her plan but then again neither had draining him. She had meant to stop by his room to talk about them and her funky mutation problems, in the end she had almost achieved both. Scott had promised to keep her secret and was there for her to make her feel better. Then there was the kiss. Their lips had barely touched when Rogue felt the pull and she had moved away as quickly as she could. It hadn’t been enough though, Scott’s whole body went tense, he turned deathly white and Rogue wasn’t sure he was breathing. He had grabbed hold of her to stop her running away and he asked her to stay. That was all it took. Rogue blinked back tears and remembered the moment that she knew that everything would be ok, she couldn’t remember the last time she felt that way. Scott had put on a brave face she knew but he had seemed to be doing much better when she left. He was resting and she had promised to bring him food, he would need it if he was going to recover from her. Rogues stomach tightened at the thought.

Walking quickly to the staff kitchen Rogue searched the cupboards for food, picking things here and there filling a plate. In the last cupboard she found some chocolate and took that too. Turning around to find Logan entering the kitchen Rogue froze plate in hand. Logan raised an eyebrow at her, ‘you guna eat all that yourself?’ Rogue glanced at the place and smiled, ‘missed breakfast.’ Logan just looked at her for a moment, watching his nose flare as he took a deep breath Rogue had a sudden flashback to making out on Scott’s bed. Giving Logan her best innocent smile Rogue headed for the door as quick as she could. Almost at the door Logan reached out and grabbed her arm, stopping her so quickly she almost dropped the plate.
‘why the fuck do you reek like scooter Marie.’ It wasn’t a question, Logan moved closer to her sniffing the scent that lingered on her. Rogue stayed still and waited for Logan to do or say something. A moment later his eyes flicked to the plate Rogue was carrying and he snatched it away so fast Rogue was surprised the food didn’t fall off. Growling low Logan glared at Rogue, seeing this as the time to explain she took a deep breath. ‘Scott’s sick. I saw him this morning and he wasn’t well so I helped him. I thought I would bring him some food seeing as been in bed all day. Holding her breath Rogue focused on keeping her heart rate down and reminding herself that she wasn’t actually lying so he wouldn’t know as long as she stayed calm. Logan’s nostrils flared again and he glared at Rogue. ‘I’ll take it to him then.’ With that Logan stomped off and Rogue closed her eyes and prayed that Scott would be ok.
End Notes:
Please tell me what you think.
Chapter 8 by Shuga
Author's Notes:
Just a quick chapter while I work on the main plot.
Flicking on the TV Logan grabbed the remote from the table and channel surfed until he found the hockey game he was looking for. Picking at the plate of food he’d taken from Marie Logan smirked, there was no way that he was taking the food to Scooter. Marie had been spending too much time with him lately. Thinking back to the scent that he’d smelt on her in the kitchen Logan had his suspicions about why Scooter wanted Marie’s help and it wasn’t because he was sick. Making note of it Logan focused on the game, he didn’t feel in the least threatened by Scott’s interest in Marie.


Rolling over to look at the clock Scott groaned, he would have to get up to make an appearance at dinner or Rogue would be worried and other people would come asking questions. Noticing that everything was as it had been before he passed out he decided that he must have been to out of it to wake up when Rogue stopped by with food. Climbing out of bed he walked to the bathroom on shaky legs and turned on the shower. Remembering some lollies in his bedside table Scott went to find them in the hopes of getting some energy into himself. After eating a handful of the sweets he went to shower. The hot spray on his back quickly woke his body and soothed the protesting muscles that ached from the brief touch that morning. Quickly finishing Scott dried, dressed and glanced in the mirror to see his pale reflection. Running his hands over his face and heading down to the dinning hall Scott mentally prepared himself with the excuse of a stomach bug.

Taking his usual seat at the staff table Scott repeated his stomach bug story several times in answer to questions before he ate his way through two plates of food and the same for desert. Nodding vaguely at Jean who kept telling him that eating well was a good sign that he was recovering, Scott’s eyes roamed the crowd in search of Rogue. At the end of the meal Scott headed back to bed, as much as he wanted to track down Rogue he was to exhausted and his body ached. Falling into bed again Scott had barely closed his eyes when he passed out again.

Waking in the morning with his muscles relaxed and feeling less drained Scott glanced up at a knock at the door. A moment later Jean walked in to check on him, after a quick check she told him to stay in bed for the morning and see how he felt later. Relaxing in the warmth of the blankets Scott let his mind wander and sleep took him moments later.
End Notes:
Feedback Please!
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2451