Your Power Is My Power by Kaycee
Summary: Wolverine and Rogue switch powers.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Shipper
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4765 Read: 2698 Published: 01/28/2008 Updated: 01/28/2008
Story Notes:
Thanks to wolverineandrogue.com for inspiration through jokes and fictions. Thanks to whoever gave me this challenge. Idea is credited to that person.

1. Your Power Is My Power by Kaycee

Your Power Is My Power by Kaycee
Rogue jumped out of the semi truck and looked around. Another disgusting drunk town. She walked inside a bar, noticing and smelling fighting. She walked up, pushing past men to get a better view.

There was a man inside the cage, fighting with the others. He wore nothing besides his beat up jeans. He was fighting with his fists, but she could sense more than what you saw on the outside. With every contact of fists the opponent felt weaker, they didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but Rogue could tell. He was sucking a small bit of life out of them, making them weaker and himself stronger.

Rogue watched the man knock out a few more victims, effortlessly. Along with his weird ability he was very muscular, showing a beautiful physique Rogue stood in awe of. Finally she went to the bar, ordering up a beer.

"Aren't you a little young?" the bartender asked.

"Does it look like you guys give a damn, I got money, you got beer. Let's trade!" Rogue slammed a wad of cash on the counter.

The bartender looked startled with her flaring temper. He shrugged and gave her one. He wasn't a bit surprised to see her pull out a cigar and start puffing on it too. Later, the drunks had left, the fighting was over. The bar was opened for the few that remained. The man in the cage sat next to her. They locked eyes, Rogue saw something in them.

Out of the ring the man wore clothing over every inch of his body, only his face was exposed. He ordered a beer like she had, drinking it from gloved hands.

Rogue watched him drink the beer, noticing him giving her sideways glances about the cigar. The TV caught their attention. Rogue wanted to rip it out of the wall. "Mutant Phenomenon" indeed.

The cage fighter just stared at the screen, his eyes looked hurt from what the TV was saying. Rogue tensed. She could smell the approaching man, knew his intentions were of a dangerous sort. She could smell his pain, and most importantly his wounded pride.

The man leaned in and hissed that he wanted his money back, how it wasn't a fair fight. The cage fighter growled that he should get lost. "I know what you are." Rogue felt her hands clench into fists. When she saw the silver of the blade under the man's coat she sprang.

She winced as the metal pierced her skin, not from his blade, but from the three blades extending from her knuckles. She stepped in front of the cage fighter protectively, and when she heard the shotgun's safety go off she turned around to slice it in half.

Rogue looked at the bruised man, to the bartender, to the cage fighter. Rogue was on the verge of crying. Her blades retracted. She grabbed the man's gloved hand and pulled him outside, her backpack in hand.

When they were out of the bar the cage fighter pulled free of her grasp. "What do you want?"

Rogue dropped her hand. "You know what I am. I know what you are." She nodded to the camper that had his scent on it. "Can you give me a ride?"

The man hesitated then nodded, "Yeah, get in." And they drove off.



The camper traveled down the road, the cage fighter was beginning to get annoyed with Rogue's smoking. It wasn't the fact that smoking was dangerous, he did it himself from time to time, it just didn't fit. Catching his drift she smiled and put it out.

Rogue asked, "Do you have anything to eat?"

When he gave her a package of beef jerky she tore it open and swallowed it in large hunks. He watched her, smirking.

"Call me Wolverine," the cage fighter said, and she just continued to eat. He noticed a chain around her neck, dog tags on the end. He motioned to them, "Did your boyfriend give you those?"

Rogue shook her head. She took them off and handed them to him so he could read it. ROGUE and under that a social security number or something. "They're mine."

"I'm Logan." Logan looked at her, "So, you have claws..."

Marie gave him a once over, "You've got something too..."

Logan shook his head. "I don't know what it is. When I touch people..." He gave her a serious look. "...They get hurt."

"Call me Marie," she smiled.

The Wolverine nodded. They stopped talking for now. They both mentally kicked themselves for letting so much information slip to someone they didn't even know.

They didn't even see the tree in time to swerve. Both Wolverine and Rogue had their seat belts on, so it just gave them a jolt.

"Are you all right?" Logan asked.

Marie looked around.

"Kid?"

Rogue's door was ripped open, a hairy hand reached out and grabbed her neck, yanking her free of the seat belt and onto the snow. Rogue gasped when she felt his grasp tighten and he threw her against a tree.

"Kid!" Logan yelled. He unhooked his seat belt and tried to open his door, only to realize it was smashed next to a tree. He noticed a fire starting in the back.

Rogue fell to her knees. She stared up at an animal, a man animal. A mutant. He had blonde hair, or fur, and dilated eyes, along with sharp teeth. He roared at her. And she snarled at him as her claws popped out. She stabbed him in the chest, and slashed him with her other hand on the face, leaving three slashes on his cheek.

The mutant roared in pain and kicked her in the torso, sending her into a tree. Rogue groaned, and the mutant grabbed her by the neck. He twisted the chain around his fingers, pulling it off. He punched her, sending her skidding against the snow. Unconscious.

Logan tried to get out of the camper, he jumped out of Rogue's torn door and ran to the two fighters. He hurled himself at the animal-like mutant, yanking off a glove as he did so.

The mutant was surprised when Logan grabbed his neck, even more surprised when he began gasping for breath. The wild man threw Logan to the ground, and noticed that it had started to snow, kind of suddenly.

He detected two other mutants, and managed to jump away, barely able to move, Logan and Rogue had taken alot out of him. One of the mutants shot at him as he jumped, missing him just barely. The two new mutants, an African American woman with white hair and eyes, and a man with a red-tinted visor, grabbed unconscious Logan and Rogue and shielded them as the camper exploded.



The room was a bright white, Logan felt like he had been drugged. He kept calm as he gathered awareness of his surroundings and came out of unconsciousness. Logan could hear footsteps approaching, and he sprang.

Logan dodged the red-haired woman and ran out the door. He hadn't even noticed how beautiful she was. He stumbled around, looking for Rogue. She wasn't anywhere to be seen.

The long hallway was shiny and appeared new. It led to series of doors that led to god-knows-where. HEY. Logan spun around. OVER HERE. The voice called from a small room. When he stepped in and looked around the doors closed.

When the elevator doors reopened he was surrounded by wood. Wood shelves and hardwood floors. Deep auburn brown was everywhere. Logan heard voices coming towards him. He ducked behind a shelf and followed the voice to a room where he encountered a familiar face.

Rogue sat in a chair, a bald man in a wheelchair in front of her. "Good morning, Logan." The man said.

"Logan!" Rogue smiled at him, and he was relieved to see her face.

"My name is Charles Xavier," the man said, "You were attacked by a mutant called Sabretooth. We brought you here for medical attention."

Logan walked over to Rogue. He touched her hair, just now noticing how dangerous he was, only wearing a tank top and pants. "You okay, Marie?"

Rogue smiled, "I'm fine, Logan."

Logan sat down, studying the man in front of them. "I am offering you a deal. Rogue, a powerful mutant called Magneto wants you for some reason. I need you to stay here so we can watch over you. I can help you about your past."

Rogue shrugged, "How can you help?"

"I'm physic."

"Really?" Logan smirked. "And what's so important about Marie's past?"

"I can't remember it," Marie said softly. "It's been about fifteen years, and I've looked like I do now the whole time. I don't even know who I am. I've had these ever since I could remember." She grasped her dog tags.

"I can help."



It was later that night, Logan was awake and thinking. Thinking of how it would feel to not have a past, and how painful his was. When he discovered his mutation he killed his mother, and his father threw him out. Logan was about Marie's age, and he snatched a nearby car and fled.

Logan heard Marie, she sounded hurt. It sounded like hurt, agony, and confusion all in one. He got to his feet and walked down the hall to her room, opening and shutting it behind him. She was tossing and turning, muttering and growling. Tears streamed down her face, and Logan knew it was a nightmare.

"Kid..." He leaned over to her. "Kid, wake up."

Logan wasn't wearing a shirt, he wasn't wearing gloves either. He didn't know how to wake her up. He didn't have to. Marie's face twisted into an angry, hateful position and he jumped when her claws popped out and she hurled them into his chest.

Logan stared at her in disbelief, Marie began crying. "Help!" she screamed, staring at Logan, hoping the fatal blow wouldn't be fatal.

Logan reached out to her, he wasn't quite sure why and brushed his hand next to her face. When she began gasping he wanted to let go, but he couldn't. When he felt his wounds heal fully he let go of her, catching her as she fell, shaking. He put a pillow under her head.

Storm, Jean, and Scott had come in, along with a group of kids. Logan was holding back tears. "It was an accident..." He looked at Marie. "I didn't mean to..."

Jean bent down and Logan helped her move Marie to the medical bay.



Marie awoke in a darkened room with a small nearby light and could see Professor Xavier's face. "Rogue."

She groaned. She looked at him. "Are..." she swallowed, "is Logan okay?"

"He’ll be fine. You see, whenever Logan touches another person he takes their mutation and uses it to his own advantage. In your case, your ability to heal."

Marie nodded. "That was..."

"If he'd held on any longer he could have killed you."

Marie laid back down on the pillow, closing her eyes. She somewhat wished he had.



Logan was sitting in his room, wondering how he was gonna explain himself to Rogue. He didn't know where to begin. He heard the door open, and watched Storm come in. "Hey," he said as she sat in a chair next to him.

She looked scared. "Logan, Rogue..."

"How is she?"

"Not good, Logan. Rogue may be dying. The professor isn't happy."

Logan's eyes began to mist, he stared at the ground, couldn't bear to meet the woman's cold, accusing glare.

"I think you should go," Storm stated coldly. "You'd be better on your own. I've never seen him this angry."

Logan couldn't see, everything became blurry. He could feel himself losing grip, could feel how over flooded his eyes were becoming. He didn't cry, didn't plan to, at least not in front of Storm.

He grabbed his coat, the only possession he had, and walked out of the door, through other doors and exiting the mansion. He began walking down the road. He turned around and a tear ran down his cheek. He was so sorry.

Storm watched him outside his room's window, smiling. She grinned and her eyes changed colors suddenly to a mustard yellow. Cat like.



Rogue charged into the room, glaring at the Professor. "Where is he?" she growled. After she had become stable enough to walk she made her way to Logan's room, only to find it empty.

Scott turned to her. "Who?"

"Logan," the Professor said searching Rogue's thoughts. "He's gone."

Rogue growled and spun around. "I'm gonna find him..."

"Wait. I can find him."

"How?" Rogue asked turning.

"The way I found you."

Scott nodded. "Cerebro."



The Professor drove his little wheelchair through the doors. He was smiling. "He's at the train station."

"Great," Rogue said, turning around and walking away.

"Rogue--" Jean said trying to stop her.

Rogue pushed her away and ran. Professor knew there was no point to try and stop her.

When she was out of sight he said, "Storm, Cyclops. Follow her."



Rogue made her way past the green passenger chairs. She hadn't ever driven a motor cycle, and she was a little flushed from the experience. She noted the funny hairdo and could smell the beer and fight on him. She walked up and stood in front of him. "Hey, Logan."

His eyes lit up, "Marie!" He grabbed her and pulled her down, resting her on his lap, staring into her eyes. She smiled.

"You running again?"

Logan grinned, "I thought you were... I thought... God, Marie!" He put his gloved arms around her and hugged her, she could hardly breathe. "I thought the Professor was pissed at me."

"Don't want a physic pissed at ya," Marie laughed. She stopped smiling. "I'm sorry... About last night. I didn't mean to."

Logan put his gloved fingers over her mouth, feeling the warmth through the fibers. "Don't apologize to me, don't EVER be sorry for what you did to me."

Marie smiled at him, she pulled his hand from her mouth and laid her head on his chest, happy with his arms around her.

When the car jerked Marie perked up. She turned and they watched the metal of the back of the train split open and a mutant fly in.

Logan closed his arms around her, assuring her he wouldn't let anyone hurt her. The man walked towards them. Rogue could smell the hostility on him, and her claws instinctively popped. Luckily not through Logan. People shrieked and Marie felt ashamed of herself. Logan wanted to shut them all up.

The man stopped and looked at her. "You must be Rogue. I've heard so much about you. He dangled a chain around his fingers. Her dog tags.

Marie growled. It escaped, she couldn't help it. Logan tensed and tried to calm her down. Suddenly Marie was yanked out of his grasp and into the air.

Logan stared at her, she was stretched out midair and the old mutant was holding out his hand. When it moved she moved. He was controlling her. Marie's eyes filled with tears and pain when he began extending the claws beyond the normal.

Logan snarled and sprang at him. The mutant was ready with a tranquilizer which he sent right into Logan's neck. Logan was conscious long enough to watch Marie slam across the train cab. The last thing he thought was how he was going to kick that man's ass for that. Then everything went black.



Marie woke up with Jean doctoring her, performing some doctor know-how when Marie knew she was just fine.

"It’s like you’re in here every day," Jean joked.

Marie didn’t laugh, "Where is he?"

Jean frowned, "We don’t know. Professor tried to track him with Cerebro and…" She looked over at the Professor, who had a series of medical circular things attached to his head. "We don’t know where he is."

Marie growled and winced as the metal popped out. "Damn it."

Jean was startled with the claws. She knew they were there, but had never actually seen them. She was shocked when she saw Rogue was crying. Jean tried to comfort her, but knew it was no use. Rogue didn't trust anyone but Logan. She needed him.

After that Rogue took a nap, she couldn't face the real world in her emotional condition. She wished the healing factor could ease this pain.



When Marie woke up again she noticed on a table nearby sat Jean. Scott was looking her over. Jean kept insisting she was fine.

"What's going on here?"

Scott turned to Rogue, "Jean used Cerebro."

Rogue’s eyes lit up. "Did she find Logan?"

Scott replied, "No. But she did find Magneto. He's the one that took Logan. He’s sure to be with him."

"Now what?"

Jean looked at her and smiled. "Now we get to create a strategy."



Logan sat in a boat, handcuffed to the wall. He starred at the different mutants around him. Magneto, Mystique, the shape-shifting bitch, Toad, the frog guy, and Sabretooth. Sabretooth deserved to die. Logan starred out the window at the Statue of Liberty.

"Magnificent, isn't she?" Magneto looked through the window up at it. "I first saw her in--"

"What the HELL is going on here?"

Magneto glared at him. "Wolverine, you're a mutant. I'm a mutant. We live in a world where mutants are the enemy. Where families can be split apart because of simple differences." He pointed at Ellis Island. "See those lights? Those are cameras, recording a large world leader summit to discuss the 'Mutant Problem’. ‘There is no problem. After tonight they will all return as brothers, as mutants."

"Why do you need me?" he growled, wishing he could break free.

"We need you to be a sacrifice." Magneto said as he lifted himself, "I'm sorry."

Logan dropped his head, hoping Marie was okay. Hoping the X-men would hurry up and get here.



Marie stood in a large room. Jean, Cyclops, and Storm were there too, talking about the plan.

Storm talked about the Statue and Magneto's plan, and about how they had found Senator Kelly outside of the mansion, unconscious. Hours later he died. Magneto made a death machine. "He doesn't know his machine kills, and he could wipe out everyone in New York City."

"But why does he need Logan?"

Scott spoke up, "Wait a second. That machine of Magneto's... it nearly killed him..."

Marie growled and sighed. "He's going to kill Logan. He's going to transfer his powers to Logan and use him to power the machine."

"Exactly."

Storm and the others talked more about where they were gonna enter and how they were going to find Magneto's machine. Rogue chimed in every now and then, but mostly stayed out of it.

Rogue was in the Blackbird, wearing a leather X-Men uniform, along with the other three mutants. It was too big for her, one of Storm’s old ones, but she didn’t care. She listened as the basketball court above them opened up and the Blackbird took off.

Rogue watched the two females operate the jet so smoothly, it was unreal. As they descended down, already in New York City, Storm's eyes grew pale and a slight breeze ruffled through her hair. Outside they could see lots of fog. The weather is a very nice camouflage.

The jet pulled up at the edge of Liberty Island, and the jet smoothly landed. The hatch at the top popped up and the mutants jumped out. Marie looked at the Statue.

"Where is it?"

Scott pointed at the top of the arm. "The torch."

The team walked through the entrance doors. Scott blasted away the lock, they ignored the "closed" signs. They entered the lobby and walked through he metal detectors. When Rogue stepped through the alarm went off, and she stabbed it with her claws.

Marie growled as she continued to tear up the machine. Finally she was satisfied with the pile of rubble where the metal detector had once been. Marie tested the air and detected it. She stepped in front of the others and continued walking, motioning them to stay put.

"Where are you going?"

Marie growled, "There's someone here."

Rogue continued walking and caught an odd sight, another Rogue. An exact duplicate was walking towards her group, speaking in her voice. Hostile. Rogue saw the intruder pop her claws and run towards Scott. Rogue jumped, intercepting the other with a kick, sending her into a nearby room. Marie rushed after her, popping her own claws.

Scott raised his hand to shoot. The intruder shouted, "Wait!" She clawed a control that shut the door, blocking them from the other's view.

Marie swiped the air, missing her target completely. The other Rogue began hitting and kicking her. Rogue was not as fast as the impersonator. Rogue watched her jump at her, spinning, and her morphing into... something else. A woman with blue skin, short red hair, and yellow eyes. Rogue was facing Mystique.

Rogue kicked Mystique in the face, sending her into a shelf where she grabbed a chain and threw it at Rogue, tangling her claws around it. They came just inches of each other's faces, but their hands were tangled in the chain to fight. Rogue kicked her back and threw the chain to the floor.

Mystique grabbed a chain-link fence and Rogue slashed through it like butter. Mystique threw rogue to the ground with an unexpected kick and retreated.

Rogue walked back into the lobby. Her colleges were gone. Rogue tested the air and smelled a woman approaching. She turned to see Storm behind her.

"Rogue? Is that you?"

"Yeah," Rogue replied. "The other one's not far away." Rogue held in a growl. Storm didn't smell like Storm. She didn't have the right perfume. The plain and simple was: she wasn't Storm.

"Come on, we have to regroup."

Rogue spun around and punched Mystique in the chest, her claws popping as she did so. Mystique gasped as she slowly returned to her natural form, falling lifeless to the floor.



Rogue stumbled upon Jean and Scott. Scott had his hand by his visor, aimed at her. She didn't care. "Come on! We gotta find Logan."

Scott smiled and dropped his hand. They walked up the statue, finally in the head, looking out of an opening at the torch. Rogue stopped.

"Shit." Rogue flew back against the wall. The other mutants were pinned against the wall with pieces of metal. The mutant from the train glided down to the floor to face them. Magneto. Sabretooth jumped down as well.

Magneto looked at Rogue. "Ah, you must be here for Logan. Let's just put your claws someplace 'safer,' shall we?" He twisted his hands and Marie's fists were pinned to her chest with a piece of metal. If her claws popped she'd stab herself.

"Let Logan go, you bastard," Rogue snarled. Magneto lifted himself up and away, without saying anything.

Marie looked at the others, so helpless now. Looked down at herself, how helpless she was. She snarled when she thought of Logan's helplessness, up in that machine.



Logan watched Magneto fly up to him, using Magnetic force fields to do so, and landed gracefully. Magneto approached Logan, who was chained to the machine by his hands.

"The time has come, Wolverine," Magneto said plainly, pulling off his gloves.

Logan shook his head. "Go to hell."

Magneto stepped forward, smiling coldly, lifting his hands near Logan's skin. "I look forward to joining you there."

The sudden rush of energy flowing overwhelmed Logan. His hands suddenly seemed like giant magnets as he clutched the metal handles of the machine.

Logan watched Magneto's pained face, watched the veins popping out of his skin. Magneto broke away and the rings started spinning when he disappeared.

Logan felt the life being sucked out of him. Felt his memories fading, his limbs shaking, and a strange sensation that felt like drowning. Logan gritted his teeth but the yell of pain still shot out.



When Rogue heard Logan she couldn't take it. She popped her claws, slicing through the metal pinning her to the wall, and through her flesh. She fell to the floor with a THUD, retracting her claws as she went. Sabretooth roared and walked over to examine her body.

Her healing factor kicked in quick this time, when Sabretooth touched her she stabbed him, and he threw her out of the conductor. Rogue and Sabretooth were both mad, but Rogue was determined to be the victor. She slashed at him, and he caught her by surprise. He kicked her, sending her almost off the statue completely.

Sabretooth yelped when Marie kicked him in the face, and punched him in the gut. His eyes bulged out when her claws popped too. Sabretooth fell to his knees. She grabbed a chain around his neck. "Mine." And she kicked him. HARD. Sending him off the statue.

Rogue looked up at the machine, throwing the tags in her pocket. Logan was visible, and a limp figure next to the rings must be Magneto. She returned to the conductor and slashed through the restraints.

They all stared up at the spinning rings. "We've got to get him out of there."

Jean turned to Scott, "can you hit it?"

"I'll kill him."

Storm chimed in, "I can lift one of you up."

"Me. Let me go," Marie insisted.

Scott nodded. "Do it. Jean, steady her."

Storm's eyes flashed white and the air stirred. Marie felt herself being lifted up, and felt another force keeping her from flying away. When she reached the machine the wind stopped and she got to her feet.

A white cloud was coming out of the machine, Marie had to hurry. She jumped down and kicked Magneto in the face, HARD. The old man fell down, clearly in pain. Rogue sliced threw the rings, it took her only a second before her arm was back in it’s original place.

Marie slashed through the chains holding Logan to the machine and held him. "Logan, Logan... please.. God. No." She pulled him close, finding him completely lifeless. She had to act fast. She tugged off her glove and put his face in her hands, hopping he'd still have enough strength to use her. "Come on..."

She put her head on his chest and cried. She felt a tug, weak at first, then gradually harder and harder. Marie smiled and held on.

Logan's eyes flickered open, he felt the smoothness of her skin, didn't want her to let go. Then he realized what was happening. Oh my god. He pulled her away and caught her frail form in his arms. Lifeless, a white streak framing her face.



Marie woke up in the medical bay, greeted by Logan's face. He looked great. "Hey, Marie."

She smiled at him. "Hey, Logan. Are you all right?"

"Thanks to you."

Jean walked in. "Rogue! You're up!"

"Yeah," Marie said weakly, using Logan to pull herself up.

Jean smiled. "The professor wants to talk with you."



Rogue had received information about her past. She was given a map of a certain lake up in Canada where she was supposed to find an abandoned military compound. Rogue had to go. The good thing was she wasn't gonna be alone.

Logan had insisted to go with her, and she didn't resist at all. She was delighted to have him accompany her. Scott gave them an old motorcycle and wished them the best.

Logan got on the bike, Marie hopping on behind him. The Wolverine started the engine and looked up at the people standing near the bike.

Marie smiled at them, Storm walked up to her and gave her a hug. "Be careful, Rogue." She put a hand on Logan's back, "You too, Logan." Logan barely smiled to her, but she took it as a compliment. She stepped back, smiling.

Cyclops shook both their hands, giving them some money the Professor had insisted they have. Rogue thanked him.

Jean said goodbye casually, smiling brightly.

Professor Xavier wished them well, giving them a map of where they needed to go. Logan thanked them for everything, including the bike. Logan pulled away and Marie watched them wave as they drove off. She would miss this place, but she would be back. Someday.

And for the two of them, they were just ecstatic for the first time not being alone.

This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2433