Falling Apart by aranenumenesse
Summary: Things just keep falling apart.
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 580 Read: 2016 Published: 01/05/2008 Updated: 01/05/2008

1. Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse

Chapter 1 by aranenumenesse
Author's Notes:
This is what Comedy central will do to your brain. Found a joke and it felt like it would fit right in with L/M.
She was happily munching her breakfast, cereals with milk, when she heard a noise outside of the kitchen. She recognized the voices immediately and grinned.

“Would it hurt to button up your shirt for once?” Scott. Judging from the angry grunt his question was directed at Logan who stomped in to the kitchen, a screwdriver in his hand, hair mussed and sticking up wildly to every direction, barefoot, wearing his jeans and unbuttoned shirt thrown over his bare torso.

“Anal prick…” He huffed, placed the screwdriver on to the desk where it promptly broke to two pieces.
“Figures…” He started buttoning his shirt and let out a string of colorful curses when frayed strings finally gave in and buttons came off from the flannel.

“What have you been up to?” She asked, eyeing the broken screwdriver with curiosity.
“Some prankster thought it would be funny to borrow some screws from the door handle. It fell off when I was coming to breakfast,” Logan said, reaching in to the cupboard and retrieved his favorite ceramic mug. Huge and sturdy enough to hold the amount of coffee that was required to awaken his nerves at morning. She watched as he grabbed the coffeepot, heard a small warning creak, then the pot tilted, falling from his hand on to the mug, breaking the handle off from it, leaving Logan standing in to a puddle of coffee, shards of glass and ceramics, holding the plastic handle of the coffeepot on one hand and the handle of the mug on the other.

“Need some help with that?” She asked. Logan sighed and crept away from the puddle, shaking his head.
“No. I got this covered, kid. Just sit tight and keep your toes off from the floor. I’ll just grab a broom and… For fuck’s sakes!” He was staring at the broomstick in his grasp. The broom itself had fallen off from the stick.
“Are you jinxed or something?” She asked, trying her best not to giggle.
“I need a fucking beer…” Logan grunted, shoving the broomstick back in to the closet. He reached for the door of the fridge, hesitated for a second, then grasped the door handle and tugged the door open ever so gently.

She let out the breath she had been holding when Logan picked up a can of beer, then closed the fridge and walked to where she sat, slouching on to a chair opposite her. Can of beer hissed open, and he was raising it towards his lips when harsh, plastic clatter told them that the door handle of the fridge had fallen off.

Logan’s brows knit together in annoyance. He emptied the can of beer swiftly, then placed it on to the table in front of him, his eyes fixed to the gleaming aluminum. She stared at it as well, pulling her plate of cereals closer to her, just in case…

They sat there several minutes, holding breath. When nothing happened, Logan burped loudly and stood up.
“Where are you going?” She asked when Logan apparently was going to just walk right out and leave the mess he had made behind.
“I need to take a leak before I’ll start cleaning up that mess.”
“Is that a good idea? To pee right now?” She asked. Logan stopped dead on his tracks. Then twirled around, slightly nauseated look on his face.
“Yeah… It probably would be a good idea to just hold for a while…”
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2375