Stay Clear Of The Resident Inso-Maniac...And His Conscience, Too by Sorciere
Summary: Logan can't sleep and his Conscience decides to remind him of a certain promise he made...
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Advises
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1254 Read: 2444 Published: 12/18/2007 Updated: 12/18/2007

1. Stay Clear Of The Resident Inso-Maniac...And His Conscience, Too by Sorciere

Stay Clear Of The Resident Inso-Maniac...And His Conscience, Too by Sorciere
Author's Notes:
his is the absolute final part of 'Advises'. Hope you guys enjoyed the series. I sure as Hell had fun writing it *G* No, 'inso-maniac' is not a typo. Dedicated to Terri, for her remarkable (and very addictive) Alter-Eighteen fics.

_..._ Logan's Mental Speech

*...* Logan's Conscience

Saturday 2:33 a.m.
Rogue and Logan's Room


Shit, shit, SHIT! I hate when this happens! What's the time anyw-2:33??

Oh, of all the shitty-ass luck...

One good thing about waking up tonight, is the fact that it wasn't one of my fucking nightmares. It was the healing factor. In a way. I'm sure that there's lot of people out there who'd kill to be able to stay awake for days without gettin' tired. Well, let me tell ya -it's fucking annoying to wake up in the middle of the night because your body decides that you've gotten enough sleep. Well, I ain't gonna get anymore sleep tonight.

Fuck...



3:00 a.m.
The Hallways


Okay, I take that back - there's one good thing about being awake at night - none of the damn kids are runnin' around! For once it's actually quite...except...Christ! If Scooter doesn't stop snoring soon, I'm gonna fucking kill him! I mean, shit! - I can hear him from the other end of the hallway. Sounds like someone's hosting the fucking Indy 500 in his room! How the hell can Jeannie sleep through it??

Hey, wait...that ain't coming from Scooter's room. That's coming from...that shit-head! Not only is the Cajun hittin' on MY girl, he's snoring loud enough to wake the whole fucking house!

Well, if I hafta teach him another lesson, I might as well do it now...



3:10 a.m.
The Medlab


Okay, where is it? I know Jeannie has an extra bottle of hair-dye down here somewhere. Hmm...maybe in her private closet.

Yeah, yeah, bad Logan, don't look in private closets, yada, yada, yada. Fuck it.

Let's see...papers, a syringe, a box of Kleenex...a nurse's costume? The X-rated version? Jeannie, I'm shocked. I wonder how Marie would look in that...NO! Don't go there. Hair-dye. You're here to find some hair-dye. Not to steal Jeannie's Sex Toys.

H-a-i-r-d-y-e. Hair-dye. Remember that.

Hmm...what else have we here? A couple of journals, some pens...handcuffs??? Kinky. Hmmm...would Jeannie really miss them...?

NO!! H-A-I-R-D-Y-E!!!!! HAIR-DYE for fuck's sake! Hair-dye! Get your mind out of the gutter!

Okay, it's somewhere nearby, I can smell it...aha! Got ya!

Well, bub, let's go visit to Gumbo.



3:15 a.m.
Remy's Room


Damn lucky the Cajun's roommate is outta town. Wouldn't want him to get the blame - Hey, I'm not a total asshole. Well, not always.

Aaawwwwww...he's sleeping and doing his best to wreck my hearing with that damn snoring. How sweet. Better do something about it.

Hey! Don't move, Gumbo! I'm trying to put dye in your hair for Christ's sake! That's better...nice and easy...there we go. Wonder what happens if you leave dye in your hair for too many hours?

Aw, who the hell cares. Besides, I better get back to Marie again.



4:10 a.m.
Rogue and Logan's Room


Marie is beautiful when she sleeps, she really is. Of course, she's always beautiful, but there's just something special about her when she's asleep. She looks so peaceful, like she's got nothing to worry about.

Okay, that's another good thing about being awake at night - I get to see Marie like this. She looks so innocent, so fragile...and I'm gonna make damn sure that if anyone hurt her, they'll get a one way ticket to the ICU.

If they're lucky.

Which reminds me...I need to kick some ass. Now.



4:30 a.m.
The Gym


Making the walls in the gym fairly soundproof was a fucking stoke of genius. I wonder if Chuck was the one who got the idea? Damn good idea, anyway. Now I don't have to worry about waking anyone up.

This is actually pretty relaxing, you know, in a bizarre way. I'll just pretend the punching bag is Sabretooth or bucket-head, since the Danger Room is a 'No Access' area at night. 'Course, that leads to a lot of destroyed punching bags, but who the hell cares? Besides, it's not like there's anyone who got the guts to tell me not to. Especially not after the stories the Ice-prick and Gumbo told the kids about me. Heh. Life is good.

I think I'll just stay here for a while and work out some aggression. Or whatever Chuck called it. A few well placed kicks, some punches, and...damn. Maybe I shouldn't have used the claws...

*That was the second bag you destroyed this week, old boy.*

No, no, no. Not again. Shit...

*You know, you really shouldn't use that kind of language.*

What?? Who the fuck does it think it is??

*Me Conscience, you Logan, remember?*

_Aw, shut up!_

*Logan...*

This is fucking annoying, you know. I can't even claw the damn thing! If Marie got that thing along with my memories, I better apologize to her...a lot.

*She didn't. There's only one of me.*

_And I was the lucky guy who got you? Gee, I'm honored._

*Let's try again, this time without the sarcasm.*

_Which part of 'shut up' don't you understand?_

*You seem to be forgetting something, old chap: You promised you would start to listen to me.*

Oh, crap. I did. Fuck!

*Now, no more destroying punching bags tonight, do we agree?*

_Do I have a choice?_

*As a matter of fact, my dear boy...no. But I'll let you kick the Cajun's bloody arse tomorrow.*

Huh?

_Isn't a Conscience supposed to be nice to everyone? Not that I'm complaining or anything, but..._

*Logan, Logan, Logan. He DID try to put the moves on Marie, didn't he?*

_Well...yeah._

*So obviously, he's not listening to his Conscience. And according to the rules, that makes him a legal prey.*

So there's open season on Cajuns? I like that. A lot.

*I thought you would.*

You know what? This whole 'listen to your Conscience' deal might not be so bad after all. I might even get used to it.

*Glad to hear you say that, old boy. Now, why don't you be a good little wolverine and go destroy something other than the school's gym equipment?*

Smart-ass.



6:00 a.m.
Outside the Mansion


Ah. Now, THAT'S what I call a fight. The overgrown junkyard cat might be one of Bucket-head's little soldiers, but he makes for damn good entertainment, anyway.

Sure, that underground bar was reduced to rubble, but hey - *I* didn't even start that fight. Sabretooth attached me completely unprovoked. Almost.

*Almost?*

_Okay. I might have provoked him juuust a little bit..._

*You slammed him in the head with a table, old chap.*

_Hey! That was AFTER the fight broke out!_

*Sure.*

_B'sides - he started it! He just can't stand the thought that I'm a better fighter than him. He's an overgrown kitty, end of story._

*Logan...*

_Okay, no more destroying bars and fighting Sabretooth just for the hell of it, I promise. Happy now?_

*Not completely, but it's a beginning.*

_Good. Now, if you would excuse me - I have a woman to snuggle up next to._

*Be my guest, old boy. Be my guest.*



6:30 a.m.
Rogue and Logan's Room...Again


Ah. 6:30. The Cajun should be waking up aaaany moment now...I'm just gonna lie right here next to Marie and listen for...

"MON HAIR! NOOOOON!!!"

Ahhh...there's nothing like the sound of a panicked Cajun in the morning. Well...that would be the scent of a horny Marie...but hey -the day's still young...

"Mmmmm...Logan?"

"Yeah, darlin'?"

"What was that sound?"

Oops. Better not look so smug. Just gonna lean over and kiss her on the shoulder...

"Nothing, baby. Nothing at all."

You know what? Consciences, Cajuns and kiddies-movies aside...Life is good.

Life is damn good.
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2332