Don't Give Rogue The "Logan's No Good For You"-Speech by Sorciere
Summary: Rogue is called to Jean's office for the obligatory "Logan's No Good For You" - speech. Unfortunately, it's a little hard to take serious when the Logan in Rogue's mind decides to have fun at Jean's expense...
Categories: X1 Characters: None
Genres: Humor
Tags: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Advises
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 811 Read: 3330 Published: 12/18/2007 Updated: 12/18/2007

1. Don't Give Rogue The "Logan's No Good For You"-Speech by Sorciere

Don't Give Rogue The "Logan's No Good For You"-Speech by Sorciere
Author's Notes:
It's not Jean bashing if she deserves it, right? (And look Nadja! I'm nice to Scott! ;-)


*...* Logan's thoughts

/.../ Marie's thoughts

Jean looked up as Rogue knocked on the door.

"Yes, Rogue, come on in," the red-haired doctor replied, then motioned for Rogue to take a seat.

Rogue sat down and looked slightly suspiciously at her. Contrary to common belief, the Logan in her head really didn't like Jean that much. And he didn't really trust her, either.

Jean sighed and put down her glasses.

*Hey, Marie, darlin'. You know that's not her real hair-color, right?* Mind-Logan sounded strangely snide.

/What?!/

*It's true! She's turning gray-haired. She has to use hair-dye to hide it - I could smell it all over her.*

Rogue choked a grin and Jean sent her a wondering look.

"Now, Rogue, the reason I called for you is because I have something important to discuss with you."

"Sure, Dr. G...Grey," Rogue managed to reply, almost without laughing. Quite an accomplishment, actually, especially considering that Mind-Logan was howling with laughter.

*Fittin' name, eh?*

Rogue could only agree as she strangled another grin.

Jean chose to ignore her strange behavior.

"Now, I think we both know that Logan will return sooner or later and there are a few things I'd like to talk to you about," she continued, unfazed.

*Well, darlin', now that you're legal I think I'll return sooner rather than later.* The Mind-Logan paused, then continued in a seductive voice, *you know, I have some good ideas of what we could do when I get back...*

He then showed her a few mental pictures of what he had in mind, just for good measure.

Rogue blushed and Jean raised an eyebrow. She had a nasty feeling that she was missing something important here.

"Rogue?" she asked.

"Mhmm...? Uh, I mean, I was just kinda...in my own world for you know, a second," she nodded frantically.

Jean looked at her for a long moment.

"Is there anything you want to tell me?" she finally asked in the patented 'I'm-your-teacher-and-I'm-worried-about-you' voice.

*Well, now that she mentions it - could you tell the fake-red-haired Frost Queen to cool down some beers for me, darlin'? If she gets any colder, the whole room will freeze.*

/Logan!/ Rogue tried to sound stern but her mental grin ruined it.

*Still don't get why Scooter sticks with her - Storm would be a much better choice.*

Rogue forced herself to ignore Logan's comments and answer Jean's question instead.

"No, not at all. What makes you think that?" Rogue replied innocently. "Uhhh...you were saying something about Logan?"

Jean gracefully allowed her to change the subject.

"Yes. Now, I know you had a crush on him when you first came to the school, and-"

"Oh, that. Don't worry, I don't have a crush on him anymore."

/There's a big difference between having a crush on him and loving him./

The Mind-Logan liked that thought - a lot.

Jean raised an eyebrow.

/I projected that? Damn./

Jean sighed.

"Rogue, I say this to you as your friend: It would never work between you and Logan."

*She's not very bright for a telepath, is she? Just clam down, darlin'. No screaming...right now, at least.* The last part was said in a very suggestive voice. Then Mind-Logan turned serious again.

*Surprise her, darlin'. Outwit her.*

Jean had expected a lot of reactions to her statement - Anger, tears, denial - but not the single, clam word Rogue said.

"Why?"

"Well...first of all, there is the age-issue. He could very well be older than the Professor."

Rogue shrugged.

"So? If he's that old, what difference does age mean? He still looks like he's in his thirties. We will change. He won't."

*Beautiful.*

/Why, thank you. Do I get a reward?/ she added flirtatious.

*Being a naughty girl, Marie?*

/Oh, yeah./

"Rogue, he's dangerous, unpredictable."

/Hmm...She's right. That chest of his should be registered as a lethal weapon./

*Hey, darlin', better get your mind out of the gutter for a moment. Miss Frost expects a reply.*

/Entirely your fault. You've had a baaaaaaaaaad influence on me, sugah./

*I haven't even started...*

"Rogue!"

Regretful, Rogue turned her attention from Mind-Logan to Jean.

"Dangerous? Jean, did you forget who you're talking to? Or do you think I wear these gloves just for fun?"

"Rogue..." Jean tried.

Rogue stood up.

*Remember, Marie - better explain it in words of one syllable or less. And keep the sentences short.*

"No, Jean, you listen to me: I love Logan. He loves me. We will be together. And God help anyone who tries to come between us. Have I made myself clear?"

Mind-Logan cheered and whistled.

Before Jean could recover from the shock and form a coherent reply, she stopped dead in her tracks.

Rogue lifted her head, almost not daring to believe her ears.

Mind-Logan just gave the mental equivalent of a smirk.

Outside, they heard the sound of a motorcycle.

Scott's stolen motorcycle, to be exact...
This story archived at http://wolverineandrogue.com/wrfa/viewstory.php?sid=2327